PDA

View Full Version : Climate Engineering?

DarrinS
04-09-2009, 06:40 AM
This is some scary shit

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D97ECHLG1&show_article=1

Just so you know, John Holdren is Obama's "science advisor" and is a disciple of Paul Ehrlich, the man who predicted "In the 1970s and 1980s . . . hundreds of millions of people are going to starve to death in spite of any crash programs embarked upon now."

His political views area revealed in a 1977 book, Ecoscience, written by Holdren and Ehrlich. To quote from that book: "The neo-Malthusiasn view proposes...population limitation and redistribution of wealth." ... "On these points, we find ourselves firmly in the neo-Malthusian camp"

fyatuk
04-09-2009, 06:48 AM
Oooh that seems like such a bad idea. I don't understand the concept of fighting man-made climate change with man-made climate change...

LnGrrrR
04-09-2009, 07:34 AM
Uhm...care to show where you picked those two points from in the quote? I'd like to see what was between those two quoted sentences. After all, I could say...

"The Neo-Malthusiasn camp view proposes population limitation and redistribution of wealth. We reject these principles wholeheartedly, but think other ideas they've proposed are quite sound. For instance, other points the Neo-Malthusiasn propose are free ice cream for orphans and no punching old ladies in the face. On these points, we find ourselves firmly in the neo-Malthusian camp."

DarrinS
04-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Computer modeling and financial engineering worked so well for the sub-prime mortgage backed security business.

Sincerely,

AIG

Wild Cobra
04-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Well, considering solar activity is now coming to a minimum of a natural 120 year or so cycle, I guess they either want to blow hot air up libards skirts and take credit for cooling, or actually implement such a thing and start the next ice age!

shelshor
04-09-2009, 12:28 PM
http://greenhellblog.wordpress.com/2009/04/08/obama-climate-plan-blot-out-the-sun/

Obama climate plan: Blot out the sun
April 8, 2009
President Obama’s science advisor John Holdren has suggested that we consider blotting out sunlight to reduce global warming, according to an Associated Press report.

Holdren would shoot particles into the atmosphere to reflect the sun’s rays back into space– I sure hope plants and people don’t need those rays for say, photosynthesis or vitamin D production, respectively. And what would be the other unintended consequences?

Holdren, of course, is a people-hating population control fanatic, anyway, so perhaps he’s hoping to killing two birds (or half the population) with one stone.

Oh… and what about all those solar power projects Obama keeps talking about? Don’t they need as much sunlight as they can get?

So many questions, so few brain cells for Holdren to work with.

This entry was posted on April 8, 2009 at 1:55 pm and is filed under First Green President, Safety, Unintended Consequences.

Wild Cobra
04-09-2009, 12:58 PM
http://greenhellblog.wordpress.com/2009/04/08/obama-climate-plan-blot-out-the-sun/

Obama climate plan: Blot out the sun
April 8, 2009
President Obama’s science advisor John Holdren has suggested that we consider blotting out sunlight to reduce global warming, according to an Associated Press report.

Holdren would shoot particles into the atmosphere to reflect the sun’s rays back into space– I sure hope plants and people don’t need those rays for say, photosynthesis or vitamin D production, respectively. And what would be the other unintended consequences?

Holdren, of course, is a people-hating population control fanatic, anyway, so perhaps he’s hoping to killing two birds (or half the population) with one stone.

Oh… and what about all those solar power projects Obama keeps talking about? Don’t they need as much sunlight as they can get?

So many questions, so few brain cells for Holdren to work with.

This entry was posted on April 8, 2009 at 1:55 pm and is filed under First Green President, Safety, Unintended Consequences.
I only hope they understand the sciences enough to know how little they need to block the sun. I am very sure that reflecting more than 0.5% would hurt us and more than 1% would probably throw us into an ice age.

The global average temperature is 15 Celsius, or 288 Kelvin. 1% of 288 is almost 3 degrees.

Now it's not quite that simple. Tidal activity accounts for about 5% to 10% of the heat we have. I normally use a very conservative 200 degree range, not the full 288. Still, 1% of 200 is 2 degrees.

Watch out.

CubanMustGo
04-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Of course, this is omitted from the discussion here:

Holdren said such an experimental measure would only be used as a last resort.

(http://news.yahoo.com/s/ibd/20090408/bs_ibd_ibd/20090408nation)