PDA

View Full Version : To all of those who have lost hope.

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-09-2009, 10:33 AM
I would just like to say eventhough our backs against the wall and it looks like their is little hope. You know damn well Tony Parker and Tim Duncan are going to fight like hell and go down swinging. First round elimination or Championship I wil root for this team until the end..... I mean we could be Phoenix fans :lol

With that being said I'm sure there are some of you that have given up and currently have playoff tickets. Well if you don't believe anymore I would be more than willing to buy some tickets off some of you for this years playoffs. I have never been able to se a Spurs game in San Antonio ( I live in PHX :() and you could bet your ass I would cheer just as hard as I did in 2007.

Darrin
04-09-2009, 10:52 AM
We must keep this in perspective. All we are talking about is the Spurs not winning the 2009 title. They are still the second or third best team in the Conference and that is top-five in the game.

They have too many jumpshooters with no mid-range game. That is their offensive problem. It's just a limitation, not the end of a dynasty.

mexicanjunior
04-09-2009, 11:03 AM
With that being said I'm sure there are some of you that have given up and currently have playoff tickets. Well if you don't believe anymore I would be more than willing to buy some tickets off some of you for this years playoffs. I have never been able to se a Spurs game in San Antonio ( I live in PHX :() and you could bet your ass I would cheer just as hard as I did in 2007.

If I had tickets, they would be yours for probably face value. If you are really interested in buying tickets, I'm sure Ticket Exchange will have plenty available...

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-09-2009, 11:16 AM
If I had tickets, they would be yours for probably face value. If you are really interested in buying tickets, I'm sure Ticket Exchange will have plenty available...

I haven't even thought about that, thanks for the suggestion :toast

Have tickets even gone on sale yet?

superbigtime
04-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Even though they're playing poorly right now, I'm convinced Spurs will still make noise in the playoffs and are capable of beating many of the W.C. teams in a 7 game series unless they get down 0-2. Gonna need a little luck and good match-ups. They're not going to go down like the Jazz or Nuggets even if they are out matched.

xtremesteven33
04-09-2009, 11:25 AM
You never know what can happen in sports....if Kobe goes down thats it for Los Angeles....If CP3 goes down thats it for New Orleans....

You keep fighting not knowing what may happen and living with no regrets....

SenorSpur
04-09-2009, 12:10 PM
As a fan of any sports team, all you really want is to have hope that your team has a realistic chance to compete and win. For fans of the better teams, one would hope that your team has a realistic chance to compete for a title.

Fortunately for us Spurs fans, we've had that type of hope and belief for about 20 years. We've been very fortunate that this franchise has sustained a tradition of winning over the careers of two very great, franchise-level players.

Now with Manu injured and out, Tim currently injured and Tony running out of gas, along with a very shallow bench, there is little hope for this season.

As for the future, there is no lottery pick coming up or some international savior on the horizon. Without seeing any evidence of promising, young players in the pipeline or at the end of the bench, hope for the immediate future is difficult to envision. It's hard to look at a promising young team, like the Blazers, and not remember what it was like when the Spurs were hitting their stride. Personally, it's also hard for me not to be a bit envious off their well-stocked roster of talent.

That said, I wouldn't say hope is lost, past this season anyway. However, rebuilding on the fly and restocking the bench talent will test the front office in a way that it's never been tested before. It'll be interesting to see how they respond to this challenge.

SpursDynasty
04-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Yeah, this team's championship opportunities in my opinion extend well beyond the Tim Duncan years because of three words: William Anthony Parker.

xtremesteven33
04-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Yeah, this team's championship opportunities in my opinion extend well beyond the Tim Duncan years because of three words: William Anthony Parker.

Why did you get PinKed??
:blah

Thomas82
04-09-2009, 01:19 PM
We must keep this in perspective. All we are talking about is the Spurs not winning the 2009 title. They are still the second or third best team in the Conference and that is top-five in the game.

They have too many jumpshooters with no mid-range game. That is their offensive problem. It's just a limitation, not the end of a dynasty.

That's what I have been trying to say.

GodFamilySPURS
04-09-2009, 02:31 PM
I live in Houston, and Rockets fans are actually cheering and gloating that the Spurs have injuries... Rockets fans say they are going to win the championship this year. Rockets fans are a joke and have no Class..

That is what I have to say.

Many PackYao
04-09-2009, 02:35 PM
I live in Houston, and Rockets fans are actually cheering and gloating that the Spurs have injuries... Rockets fans say they are going to win the championship this year. Rockets fans are a joke and have no Class..

That is what I have to say.
The Spurs are my 2nd fav team, stop assuming we all think that way.Why are you in Houston to begin with?

Horse
04-09-2009, 02:48 PM
As a fan of any sports team, all you really want is to have hope that your team has a realistic chance to compete and win. For fans of the better teams, one would hope that your team has a realistic chance to compete for a title.

Fortunately for us Spurs fans, we've had that type of hope and belief for about 20 years. We've been very fortunate that this franchise has sustained a tradition of winning over the careers of two very great, franchise-level players.

Now with Manu injured and out, Tim currently injured and Tony running out of gas, along with a very shallow bench, there is little hope for this season.

As for the future, there is no lottery pick coming up or some international savior on the horizon. Without seeing any evidence of promising, young players in the pipeline or at the end of the bench, hope for the immediate future is difficult to envision. It's hard to look at a promising young team, like the Blazers, and not remember what it was like when the Spurs were hitting their stride. Personally, it's also hard for me not to be a bit envious off their well-stocked roster of talent.

That said, I wouldn't say hope is lost, past this season anyway. However, rebuilding on the fly and restocking the bench talent will test the front office in a way that it's never been tested before. It'll be interesting to see how they respond to this challenge.
I disagree, I believe our bench is as deep as I can remember. Drew can be very good for us. Tony is young, Tim, and Manu are relatively young and without injury we'd be fight la for the best record in the west. We do our best come rest up and come back next year to break the even year curse.
:flag:

SenorSpur
04-09-2009, 03:19 PM
I disagree, I believe our bench is as deep as I can remember. Drew can be very good for us. Tony is young, Tim, and Manu are relatively young and without injury we'd be fight la for the best record in the west. We do our best come rest up and come back next year to break the even year curse.
:flag:

I like your "rose-colored" optimism. Yet allow me to bring you back to earth. Everyone said the same thing last year. Yet another year goes by and another year comes off the careers of the Big Three. Everyone needs to brace for the possibility that Duncan is going to have to live with the Tendenosis condition the rest of his days. That's a fact. There is a considerable possiblity that he may not be the force in the paint that we've become so accustomed to seeing. Manu is officially injury-prone and Tony has emerged as a superstar guard. However, he is in the prime of his career and currently is being heavily depended upon for this team to win. Check how worn down he's been - especially during back-to-back games.

The Spurs have always been heavily dependent upon the Big Three and the core players around them to be successful. Going forward, it may not be possible to depend so heavily upon the Big Three. Therefore, a stronger core of players will be needed around them. These guys need serious help.

The championship window is closing. However long it remains open depends upon the ability of the FO to surround the Big Three with talent that can help match up with the up and coming teams in the West.

SpursDynasty
04-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Why did you get PinKed??
:blah

For calling out the forum for whining and complaining and then something else I said.

sananspursfan21
04-09-2009, 03:22 PM
good word. like i've been saying to everybody: the playoffs haven't even started yet. the spurs have atleast 4 games per series to figure out there opponent, which is plenty of time for popovich. they are old yes, but very wise and i don't think we've seen the best of roger mason jr. yet.

xtremesteven33
04-09-2009, 03:22 PM
For calling out the forum for whining and complaining and then something else I said.

HAHA what else did you say....

mytespurs
04-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Some good thoughts in this thread. I was so depressed yesterday about the Spurs loss....moreso than usual. I think with Manu's season ending injury, TD bd knees and the team struggling offensively and playing inconsistently....this team right now is a shell of what it was and it's hard to its kind of hard to accept. In Pop I trust but I'm also realistic....I don't think this team has enough to make it to the Finals...at least this year. I DO think that the big 3 have 1-2 more championships in then providing they are healthy and surrounded by quality role players. But I do think the Spurs need to start building towards the future too....bring in younger bodies to ease the transition that is to come.

The Spurs have championship pedigree; they'll go down fighting to the end.
:toast

SenorSpur
04-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Some good thoughts in this thread. I was so depressed yesterday about the Spurs loss....moreso than usual. I think with Manu's season ending injury, TD bd knees and the team struggling offensively and playing inconsistently....this team right now is a shell of what it was and it's hard to its kind of hard to accept. In Pop I trust but I'm also realistic....I don't think this team has enough to make it to the Finals...at least this year. I DO think that the big 3 have 1-2 more championships in then providing they are healthy and surrounded by quality role players. But I do think the Spurs need to start building towards the future too....bring in younger bodies to ease the transition that is to come.
The Spurs have championship pedigree; they'll go down fighting to the end.
:toast

IMO those are the two critical keys right there. The health of the Big Three and the quality of the core players around them, going forward. That will determine whether the Spurs can extend their window of championship contention.

z0sa
04-09-2009, 04:00 PM
The Spurs will contend in 2010 - but the moves made in that offseason will determine whether or not we continue to contend IMO.

SpursDynasty
04-09-2009, 04:04 PM
The Spurs will win the championship easily this year....we all talk about how we'll be out in the first or 2nd round but then you look at how unimpressive the West is and realize that we're going all the way...

When the Spurs win, the Spurs will just be doing what they're supposed to do, no trash talking, no celebrating....

GodFamilySPURS
04-09-2009, 04:33 PM
The Spurs are my 2nd fav team, stop assuming we all think that way.Why are you in Houston to begin with?

I am in Houston because I work here. I listen to Houston's sports radio 610AM dog the Spurs in the morning all the time. Rocket's fan's need to get out of their delusional Rockets championship bubble.

Rockets Radio says that the Spurs will lose in the first round. Ya'll Rockets are one to talk. You haven't even past the 1st round in 10 years! hahaha

Spurs Forever!!!!!!!

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag:

Capt Bringdown
04-09-2009, 07:14 PM
I think it's extremely optimistic to think TD and Manu can get through another season & postseason intact. And even if they do, their best days are in the rear view mirror, how effective can they be going forward?

Even if they are still effective, say at 80%, we have so many other players who are beyond their expiration dates - who's going to replace them?

The Championship era is over. I believe the best philosopy is not to cry that it's over, but to smile that it happened. That being said, I think we missed a couple of opportunities, obviously in '06 (f'n Manu, I'll never forgive him for that. One of the worst plays in NBA playoff history).

Many PackYao
04-09-2009, 08:13 PM
I am in Houston because I work here. I listen to Houston's sports radio 610AM dog the Spurs in the morning all the time. Rocket's fan's need to get out of their delusional Rockets championship bubble.

Rockets Radio says that the Spurs will lose in the first round. Ya'll Rockets are one to talk. You haven't even past the 1st round in 10 years! hahaha

Spurs Forever!!!!!!!

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag:
Funny how a lot of people move here to Houston cause they need a job, yet talk shit about the city too because they hate the Rockets.:lol