PDA

View Full Version : Parking spots

jack sommerset
04-09-2009, 01:39 PM
I get handi-cap parking. Very obvious why they can park close to the entrance. Sometimes I don't get the amount of spaces reserved but over all I get it. I am on the fence with expecting women getting close parking spots. I see them mostly at the grocery stores and a few around town at restaurants,laundry mats and department stores. It certainly is not necessary.

I don't get hybrid cars getting this special privilege. How freaken stupid. I am not going to buy a hybrid because I get a better parking spot at the Home Depot. In fact I am so tired of stupid assholes coming up with stupid things such as "reserved for hybrids" I won't shop there anymore. I will go to Loews.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-09-2009, 01:48 PM
I would argue that reserved parking for hybrids is completely antithetical to the green movement. By taking those spots out of general use then people in their H2's, and F350's and Unimogs are forced to drive around longer while looking. The gas they use making just one lap around the parking lot could be used to feed three starving children in Ethiopia! WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!

I've got no problem with expectant women getting a better parking spot though.

Mixability
04-09-2009, 01:49 PM
i just get pissed when i see a driver come back to his vehicle in a handicapped spot with handicapped tags and everything and it's some fat young guy who has 24" rims on a lifted Escalade.

BacktoBasics
04-09-2009, 01:50 PM
I can 100% guarantee you that if I saw a "hybrid's only" parking spot I'd pull right in. No way they can dictate the type of vehicle for the spot.

BacktoBasics
04-09-2009, 01:50 PM
oh and preggos can fucking walk too.

Oh, Gee!!
04-09-2009, 01:51 PM
I park on sidewalks and block entrances to buildings.

Mixability
04-09-2009, 01:51 PM
I've got no problem with expectant women getting a better parking spot though.

but make sure that after they have the kid, they only get spots furthest away from the store, so they can work off that baby weight.

:angel

Mixability
04-09-2009, 01:53 PM
I can 100% guarantee you that if I saw a "hybrid's only" parking spot I'd pull right in. No way they can dictate the type of vehicle for the spot.

Just slap a hybrid badge on your vette and youre good to go!

SpursWoman
04-09-2009, 01:54 PM
I've seen a "with children" spot designated at the HEB I go to ... and there's really no age specification on it. So, if I go with my 12 or 13 year old, do I still get to park there?

:wtf

ashbeeigh
04-09-2009, 01:55 PM
I go out of my way to park far away...it gives me time to think and get a little bit more exercise. Unless, of course, I find a real close one on my way to the far away one.

Lame story: I went to the HEB on De Zavala (which I rarely do..I'm usually a Wal-Mart shopper...I know..kill me) and I found a close spot..like prime spot..right by the cross walk, but close to where traffic is coming in. So, I take it and run in and out (I just needed one thing). So, I'm getting settled in the car to pull out taking a little bit of time, but not too much, and I hear honking..I'm like "What...the fuck..." Some lazy ass bitch has held up traffic from De Zavala all the way to my spot to get my prime location. How lazy! Oh my god. I wanted to open my window and scream at her. Too bad it was like Christmas Eve of Thanksgiving Eve or something like that. It was ridiculous. She held up a good twenty cars to get the spot..and didn't have a care in the world. Needless to say, I won't take that spot again if I see it.

Pull throughs though...oh my. Those are a blessing in disguise though. I love those!

And pregnant parking, that's good. And kid parking, that's good too. But, how do you check? Hybrid parking? Umm? Okay?

JoeChalupa
04-09-2009, 01:56 PM
I always park out in the boonies anyways so nobody will dent my 1996 Saturn.

SpursWoman
04-09-2009, 01:57 PM
I always park out in the boonies anyways so nobody will dent my 1996 Saturn.

:tu :lmao

ashbeeigh
04-09-2009, 01:58 PM
I've seen a "with children" spot designated at the HEB I go to ... and there's really no age specification on it. So, if I go with my 12 or 13 year old, do I still get to park there?

:wtf

:lol I went shopping with one of my friends and she goes, "Today, you're my kid. That's our spot." and pulled in to one of those. But this is the same girl that, when she's a little tipsy will drive down two blocks to a friends house in the middle of an empty round and say "I'm an equal opportunity driver."

Mixability
04-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Lame story: I went to the HEB on De Zavala (which I rarely do..I'm usually a Wal-Mart shopper...I know..kill me) and I found a close spot..like prime spot..right by the cross walk, but close to where traffic is coming in. So, I take it and run in and out (I just needed one thing). So, I'm getting settled in the car to pull out taking a little bit of time, but not too much, and I hear honking..I'm like "What...the fuck..." Some lazy ass bitch has held up traffic from De Zavala all the way to my spot to get my prime location. How lazy! Oh my god. I wanted to open my window and scream at her. Too bad it was like Christmas Eve of Thanksgiving Eve or something like that. It was ridiculous. She held up a good twenty cars to get the spot..and didn't have a care in the world. Needless to say, I won't take that spot again if I see it.

I would've just gotten back out of the car and pretended to go back in the store. :lol

SpursWoman
04-09-2009, 02:03 PM
I would've just gotten back out of the car and pretended to go back in the store. :lol

That's what I was thinking .... "Oops! I forgot something!" :lol

ashbeeigh
04-09-2009, 02:07 PM

It was too damn cold to even get out of the car! my heated seats had already kicked in.

Mixability
04-09-2009, 02:08 PM
That's what I was thinking .... "Oops! I forgot something!" :lol

But I would've made sure to get her license plate!

Or even better, I would've just hung out in the car. That would've really pissed her off. It's a parking spot, there's no meter, so the rent a cop patrolling the lot couldn't even had said anything even if the lady complained.

:tu

Summers
04-09-2009, 02:43 PM
oh and preggos can fucking walk too.

:lol Says the guy who will never know the exquisite pleasure of having a bladder the size of a walnut, feet swollen up like sausages, and an internal thermostat constantly set to "sweat like a pig".

I have no problem with courtesy parking spots. This'll sound like BS but I really do park in the back rather than drive around looking for a better spot because I know there are people like preggos and old people who need closer spots. I'm (relatively) young and healthy. It won't hurt me to walk.

CuckingFunt
04-09-2009, 02:44 PM
WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6515/6a00d83452033569e200e54i.jpg

CuckingFunt
04-09-2009, 02:51 PM
I have no problem with disabled or pregnant parking. The rest of it sounds silly.

None of it really effects me, though, because there are few things in life I can think of more annoying than circling a parking lot just to get the perfect spot. I hate it. When I drive to school, I'll usually try to find a parking spot that's in the general vicinity of my classes that day, but that's really the only time I'll search. At the grocery store, I park in the first spot I find.

Oh, and speaking of grocery stores, I thought of something more annoying than the people who circle for a close spot: people who walk back and forth looking for the shortest/fastest checkout line. Or, even worse, people who send their kids/friends/spouses to wait in another line so they can jump over if they need to. That shit drives me crazy.

jack sommerset
04-09-2009, 03:00 PM
When I am in a hurry I park my Durango in front of the store I am going in. Open the back of my Durango so it looks like I am picking up or dropping off. I usually have bundles of magazines in the back.

Drachen
04-09-2009, 03:01 PM
It was too damn cold to even get out of the car! my heated seats had already kicked in.

I disagree, it's never to cold for just desserts. Also, the expectant mothers, or mothers to be are subjective. My fiance and I plan on having another child in a few years, and thus she is an expectant mother, and a mother to be. I love my powers of rationalization.

CosmicCowboy
04-09-2009, 03:32 PM

Ditto

I'd cram my fat ass 2500HD in there too...

Hybrid parking reminds me of that Southpark episode with the "smug alert"

baseline bum
04-09-2009, 03:38 PM
I have no problem with disabled or pregnant parking. The rest of it sounds silly.

None of it really effects me, though, because there are few things in life I can think of more annoying than circling a parking lot just to get the perfect spot. I hate it. When I drive to school, I'll usually try to find a parking spot that's in the general vicinity of my classes that day, but that's really the only time I'll search. At the grocery store, I park in the first spot I find.

:tu

I don't get people who spend 5-10 minutes looking for a spot when it only takes 2 to walk the extra distance.

That's the one time I'd give a shit about where I parked. If I ever saw those, I'd park in them on principle.

mrsmaalox
04-09-2009, 03:48 PM
I tell you what, that handicapped (or gimp parking, as we say at my house) is some nice shit! When I spent a couple of weeks in Albuquerque this last winter shuffling my sister in law around I got used to that real fast. Funny, something that was so necessary for her (fresh amputee) was such a guilty pleasure for me. I missed that when I got back home :(

timvp
04-09-2009, 04:16 PM
I get handi-cap parking.Congrats. Auto Inclusion Dash Syndrome?

Sportcamper
04-09-2009, 04:56 PM
I think it is great that Prius’s get special parking at Costco…It shows that the establishment is as enlightened as the owners of green machines…Besides, most people that drive SUV’s are fat & need the exercise…

http://rlv.zcache.com/prius_drivers_for_obama_stickers-p217142371495409585tdcj_210.jpg

ploto
04-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Or, even worse, people who send their kids/friends/spouses to wait in another line so they can jump over if they need to. That shit drives me crazy.

What about the people who come in and have their kid get in line while they go find the stuff they want. Then, the kid is up to be checked out and the parent is not even back yet.

Old people deserve those close spots more than pregnant women or those with kids.

Mixability
04-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Supposedly if you have a purple heart and have the plates on your car, you can use the handicapped parking.

When I asked my grandfather why he doesn't use the spots up close, he responded with:

"if i can run the beaches of Normandy, I'm pretty sure I can handle walking the parking lot of Mr. Butt."

TDMVPDPOY
04-10-2009, 10:16 AM
double parking is fun, let them fckers wait till ur spouse puts everything in the boot and take your time when leaving....

desflood
04-10-2009, 10:32 AM
"If I can run the beaches of Normandy, I'm pretty sure I can handle walking the parking lot of Mr. Butt."
:lol

That's a pretty good line.

angel_luv
04-10-2009, 12:05 PM
till ur spouse puts everything in the boot and take your time when leaving....

You're from England?

baseline bum
04-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Supposedly if you have a purple heart and have the plates on your car, you can use the handicapped parking.

When I asked my grandfather why he doesn't use the spots up close, he responded with:

"if i can run the beaches of Normandy, I'm pretty sure I can handle walking the parking lot of Mr. Butt."

:tu That is awesome! :lol

Frenzy
04-10-2009, 12:22 PM
i park far away. i hate when people park next to me when where is an empty parking lot :ihit

gay abc
04-10-2009, 01:55 PM
there are these three black women (bmw, volvo & lexis) that park on g street between 14th & 15th here in dc - the spots there are metered, but if you have a handicap thing hanging from your rearview mirror, you can park in the spots for 2 hours for free - so every 2 hours, like clockwork, they RUN (in heels) out across the street and switch parking spots - the lazy ass cheap bitches get to park for free :bang

Mixability
04-10-2009, 04:38 PM
there are these three black women (bmw, volvo & lexis) that park on g street between 14th & 15th here in dc - the spots there are metered, but if you have a handicap thing hanging from your rearview mirror, you can park in the spots for 2 hours for free - so every 2 hours, like clockwork, they RUN (in heels) out across the street and switch parking spots - the lazy ass cheap bitches get to park for free :bang

I would usually just tell you that that's what a camcorder and youtube are made for! You could document it every day and send the link worldwide to call those lazy bitches out.

But even if they wouldn't switch parking spots and parked there for 24 hours straight and run over a REAL handicapped person in the process of your taping, all that would come out of your "investigation" would be America calling you a racist.

Biernutz
04-11-2009, 01:08 PM
I always park far out in the lot to keep some fat ass who aways swings their door open and dings your door. There is some draw back from parking so far out. While at Home Depot my spare tire was stolen. The assholes probably just bought the bolt cutter inside and wanted to try it out.