PDA

View Full Version : Since next year is a contract year for mcgrady, how effective will he be?

djohn2oo8
04-09-2009, 04:48 PM
I think that it all depends on how he rehabs this time. To return to the vintage T-Mac maybe out of the question, but no doubt he has to lose weight. He had microfracture knee surgery on a non weight bearing area, so he should be ready for 1/4 of the way into the season. Rockets don't need him to return to vintage mcgrady, but they do need him to be better than he was this season. He just has to close games for them. Rockets GM Daryl Morey has said that the rockets could go after a big time scorer this offseason, if they do, I'm guessing that Artest is gone.

Kai
04-09-2009, 04:49 PM
We can at least hope that his fatass expiring contract is effective.

sook
04-09-2009, 04:50 PM
I don't know who we could get....

Mac is done. He doesn't have the desire or drive to come back.

anonoftheinternets
04-09-2009, 04:57 PM
:wow i hope u guys dont get manu ..........

Tmac&Luther
04-09-2009, 05:04 PM
:wow i hope u guys dont get manu ..........

I don't think Houston would be eager to replace chronically injured player A, with chronically injured player B

jag
04-09-2009, 05:15 PM
We can at least hope that his fatass expiring contract is effective.

Expiring contracts can't fix this:

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/2930/cftmacmrglass.jpg

Mark Jackson
04-09-2009, 05:18 PM
C'mon fellas. T-Mac is the heart and soul of this franchise. He's a warrior, he lays it all on the line night in, night out. He's not motivated by paychecks, contracts, beautiful women.

Bottom line is, T-Mac will be back next year and the Houston Rockets will be a legitimate contender in the Western Conference

sook
04-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Hey bump

Lars
04-09-2009, 07:15 PM
He will be moved in the offseason.

Indazone
04-09-2009, 07:59 PM
He'll either be moved in the offseason or Morey will bring him back to see what's he's got left in the tank during preseason. If he's good to go, then Morey will keep him. If he sucks, then he's an expiring contract and a lot of teams will take him.

SenorSpur
04-09-2009, 08:28 PM
If the Rockets are smart, they'll unload McGrady's ass on the first sucker that will be willing to absorb the last year of his fat contract.

DaDakota
04-09-2009, 08:47 PM
He is a $23 million dollar anchor next year. Either they trade him in the offseason or they hope he comes back and they trade him at the deadline.

BTW, John Stockton came back from the same surgery in roughly the same area in about 2 and 1/2 months.....

DD

Chieflion
04-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Trade him to the Knicks.

S&T David Lee + S&T Nate Robinson + Eddy Curry for T-Mac.

Spur-Addict
04-09-2009, 09:22 PM
If the Rockets are smart, they'll unload McGrady's ass on the first sucker that will be willing to absorb the last year of his fat contract.

What he said.

ducks
04-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Trade him to the Knicks.

then knicks would be close to getting under cap

Indazone
04-09-2009, 10:46 PM
I am not opposed to trading T-Mac. Even when he is healthy he wants to jack up 30 shots and score 20 pts. If T-Mac plays within the system then fine, he's a good asset to have. If he doenst play within the system and insists on jacking up shots from the three point line then trade him. In fact, the same could be said of Artest but at least Artest brings defensive intensity to the party.

coldsweat
04-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Trade him to the Knicks.

the rockets should do that trade just to dispense of t-mac, but i don't know if david lee and nate robinson are what they need (i won't even talk about eddy curry because he's a priori useless). scola and landry are extremely productive at the pf position considering their pay, and nate robinson is just a more improved version of aaron brooks - which they don't want, they need a distributing point guard).

don't get me wrong. lee and robinson are very talented players. just not what the rockets are looking for.

plus the knicks probably wouldn't do this either. they can probably dump eddy curry simply by attaching david lee. then by saving robinson, the knicks could attach him to another bad contract in a trade (jared jeffries, for example), and clean house completely.

Chieflion
04-09-2009, 10:58 PM
the rockets should do that trade just to dispense of t-mac, but i don't know if david lee and nate robinson are what they need (i won't even talk about eddy curry because he's a priori useless). scola and landry are extremely productive at the pf position considering their pay, and nate robinson is just a more improved version of aaron brooks - which they don't want, they need a distributing point guard).

don't get me wrong. lee and robinson are very talented players. just not what the rockets are looking for.

plus the knicks probably wouldn't do this either. they can probably dump eddy curry simply by attaching david lee. then by saving robinson, the kincks could attach him to another bad contract in a trade (jared jeffries, for example), and clean house completely.

I had to convince myself 1st. I just felt that was what the two teams needed, but the Jared Jeffries thing, well lets just say no one will take him in a trade, except me ( I did it in nba 2k9 with the Orlando Magic which netted me the Kings 1st round pick ).

Knicks would have to sacrifice something of value, lets say Wilson Chandler or Danilo Gallinari to make things work to get rid of Jeffries. Send Jeffries + Gallinari packing to the Grizzlies for Darko or something.

djohn2oo8
04-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Vince Carter would have been a rocket had not mcgrady opened his mouth....I think he gets one more chance to show that he can still play, if he blows it, then trade him...Trade him for Joe Johnson

Chieflion
04-09-2009, 11:01 PM
Vince Carter would have been a rocket had not mcgrady opened his mouth....I think he gets one more chance to show that he can still play, if he blows it, then trade him...Trade him for Joe Johnson
Lateral move for the Hawks, they should not even consider this.

djohn2oo8
04-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Look at the Gasol deal....Straight up robbery

Chieflion
04-09-2009, 11:04 PM
That is different. The Lakers got what they want, and the Grizzlies got theirs too. Your suggested idea needs another filler from the Hawks, they also want to get out of the 1st round.

coldsweat
04-10-2009, 12:04 AM

except the hawks aren't looking to dump salary, they are a competitive team unlike the grizzlies.

Pelicans78
04-10-2009, 12:05 AM
If he's healthy, he will be very effective. Very big if.

Roxsfan
04-10-2009, 12:14 AM
If he's healthy, he will be very effective. Very big if.

Yeah, if he's healthy.....but will he move without the ball, play within adelman's system, drive to the hole, and actually play D on a consistent basis. Will the rest of the team revert to just sitting back and watcing Tmac do his thing or will they play as a team. He'll probably be moved for 2 very good players and cash.

Kai
04-10-2009, 03:17 AM
In all honesty, I see the Rockets keeping him, hoping he can contribute. Even if he can't, we'll probably have better opportunities in free agency in 2010 than at the trade deadline. We can probably make a run at DWade, Bosh, Joe Johnson, Amare, etc.

robbie380
04-10-2009, 03:20 AM
He is a $23 million dollar anchor next year. Either they trade him in the offseason or they hope he comes back and they trade him at the deadline.

BTW, John Stockton came back from the same surgery in roughly the same area in about 2 and 1/2 months.....

DD

how long was tmac on crutches for?

Bob Lanier
04-10-2009, 03:28 AM
Houston should trade him to Phoenix for Shaquille O'Neal. Houston gets a backup to Yao so that Mutombo can finally retire; Phoenix gets a contract they can negotiate a buyout for so their incredibly cheap owners get to save some money.

Lars
04-10-2009, 03:52 AM
A 20 million dollar backup center? No thanks. The Rockets need either a low turnover shooting PG or a long athletic 4/backup 5, this is assuming we resign Artest. To get better we need two way players, not slackasses who score but refuse to D up.

To be honest, outside of Williams/Paul/Calderon, there isn't really a PG out there who I want running our team. Nash/Billups are too old, Parker is just a better version Brooks, maybe Bibby or Miller but I am not convinced they would make us better. Lowry/Brooks should be sufficient as long run solutions.

Ideally I would want a long athletic 4 who can defend and has a decent outside shot and can switch to the five when Yao sits. I was thinking about maybe something like McGrady/Brooks/Landry for Bosh/Calderon. Toronto might not want to risk losing Bosh for nothing, and they would get two great young players with reasonable contracts.

Other than that, Rockets should probably just let it expire and make a run at Dwade, Bosh or J.Johnson in next offseason.

Chieflion
04-10-2009, 05:24 AM
A 20 million dollar backup center? No thanks. The Rockets need either a low turnover shooting PG or a long athletic 4/backup 5, this is assuming we resign Artest. To get better we need two way players, not slackasses who score but refuse to D up.

To be honest, outside of Williams/Paul/Calderon, there isn't really a PG out there who I want running our team. Nash/Billups are too old, Parker is just a better version Brooks, maybe Bibby or Miller but I am not convinced they would make us better. Lowry/Brooks should be sufficient as long run solutions.

Ideally I would want a long athletic 4 who can defend and has a decent outside shot and can switch to the five when Yao sits. I was thinking about maybe something like McGrady/Brooks/Landry for Bosh/Calderon. Toronto might not want to risk losing Bosh for nothing, and they would get two great young players with reasonable contracts.

Other than that, Rockets should probably just let it expire and make a run at Dwade, Bosh or J.Johnson in next offseason.

Dude, you watched Parker play this season?

Lars
04-10-2009, 07:47 AM
Dude, you watched Parker play this season?

Yes, he plays like Brooks, but is better.

Bob Lanier
04-10-2009, 08:03 AM
What does that make Calderon, who you esteem higher, then?

Rogue
04-10-2009, 08:07 AM
Yes, he plays like Brooks, but is better.
surely Tony Longoria is much better than Brooks. Aaron Brooks is a decent youngster who has been making significant improvements fast, and I believe Aaron Brooks will become the best player on the rockets team in 2-3 seasons after he gains more experience and strength.

But there is no doubt that today's Tony Longoria is a better player overall than Aaron Brooks, their skills and quickness are around the same caliber but Tony Longoria beats Aaron Brooks in experience.

stipendlax
04-10-2009, 08:54 AM
surely Tony Longoria is much better than Brooks. Aaron Brooks is a decent youngster who has been making significant improvements fast, and I believe Aaron Brooks will become the best player on the rockets team in 2-3 seasons after he gains more experience and strength.

But there is no doubt that today's Tony Longoria is a better player overall than Aaron Brooks, their skills and quickness are around the same caliber but Tony Longoria beats Aaron Brooks in experience.

He never said he wasn't. In fact, he said he was better...

Anyways, we all have to take Les into consideration as well. He loves Tracy. You better bet your ass that he'll be willing to give him another shot before even thinking of getting rid of him.

T-Mac will be in a Rox uniform next season. After that, I guess we'll see how it goes...

Indazone
04-10-2009, 09:41 AM
Agent Zero anyone?

Bob Lanier
04-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Just a better version of Luther Head.

stipendlax
04-10-2009, 09:50 AM
just a better version of luther head.

ha!