PDA

View Full Version : Coming Next Year??

AFE7FATMAN
03-18-2005, 03:57 AM
Viktor Sanikidze
Robertas Javtokas

Kori Ellis
03-18-2005, 03:57 AM
I don't think Sanikidze will be ready yet. Maybe Javtokas.

Streakyshooter08
03-18-2005, 07:33 AM
What position does Javtokas play? Wasn't he a long 3? If he is I think they might bring him over. If they get Scola the team would be pretty much set. I remember that Pop said there are some players the Spurs are going after this summer. I am pretty curious who that might be. Maybe Marshall or Korver. Who knows!?

ZStomp
03-18-2005, 07:55 AM
Let's not forget about this year!!

It's just starting!! :)

Taco
03-18-2005, 08:26 AM
Hey who's that kid (spurs pick) who was in a real bad motorcycle accident and the Spurs brought to san antonio to so he could have surgery they thought he would never play at a professional level again.

I thought i heard he was playing again in the euro leagues?

Any word on him?

nacho estrada
03-18-2005, 08:40 AM
Hey who's that kid (spurs pick) who was in a real bad motorcycle accident and the Spurs brought to san antonio to so he could have surgery they thought he would never play at a professional level again.

Any word on him?

Robertas Javtokas

bigbendbruisebrother
03-18-2005, 01:01 PM

Any word on him?

Here's an article I found on him; sounds like he's recovered from the wreck: http://www.eurobasket.com/LTUplayer.asp?PlayerID=8111

Clandestino
03-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Robertas Javtokas

nacho fucking estrada!!! :lol

i remember that dude coming to my school in the 80s!

Solid D
03-18-2005, 01:23 PM
Javtokas played for Lithuania in the Olympics against Timmy and former Arizona teammate (albeit briefly), Richard Jefferson. He played pretty well in the Olympics, actually.

He plays in the pivot.

mookie2001
03-18-2005, 06:42 PM
Robertas Javtokas is a bad dude.
he can play

exstatic
03-18-2005, 06:59 PM
Javtokas did make a monumental comeback, but I have to wonder how he would hold up during an 82 game season + a deep playoff run. He's sort of a Lithuanian Chris Anderson: frenetic game and mad hops for a big man.

boutons
03-18-2005, 07:03 PM
"how he would hold up"

He's young, so why would he NOT hold up? Did his injuries damage or restrict his cardio-vascular or muscular systems ? he's playing now, so we can assume his as healed as he's going to get, and apparently doing well.

exstatic
03-18-2005, 08:34 PM
he's playing now, so we can assume his as healed as he's going to get, and apparently doing well.
Yeah, but he's playing, what, 25-30 games a year? There's a BIG difference between that and 82 games. His one leg was basicly shattered, and who's to say that the extra games and pounding wouldn't cause a stress fracture?

BronxCowboy
03-18-2005, 09:35 PM
who's to say that the extra games and pounding wouldn't cause a stress fracture?

Why would anyone assume that it would? The fact that it's been broken before (in a serious accident!!) doesn't mean that he's fracture prone.

redeye
03-18-2005, 09:44 PM
I'm Not Ready!!!!!!!

Guru of Nothing
03-18-2005, 09:48 PM
Javtokas would essentially be a replacement for Tony Massenburg. I don't think 82 games of wear and tear apply to his possible role on th Spurs next season.

Guru of Nothing
03-18-2005, 09:54 PM
Furthermore, I typically favor young players honing their skills in situations where they get the most playing time, whether it be Europe, NBDL, or elsewhere, but based on limited knowledge, I think Javtokas might benefit most being the 11th man on the Spurs' bench next year.

TMSKILZ
03-19-2005, 01:13 AM
Besides it's not like Javtokas is going to playing 30+ mins in 82 games, I'm sure Pop would bring him along slowly.

I for one hope he is signed for next season, excited to see what he can contribute to our team. he's definitely better than Willis, massenburg, Rasho combined @ this point in their careers.

TheWriter
03-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Future Teammates?
http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/2003/photos2004/0828/a_duncan_tim_ht.jpg

skillz
03-19-2005, 10:50 PM
How bout Scola? is he coming?

TheWriter
03-19-2005, 10:55 PM
How bout Scola? is he coming?

For the 11th thousand time.

YES!

ducks
03-19-2005, 10:59 PM
odds are scola is coming but I would not call it a lock

TheWriter
03-19-2005, 11:02 PM
odds are scola is coming but I would not call it a lock

How can you not call it a lock when Pop, Scola, and his agent have all said he'll be here.

ducks
03-19-2005, 11:32 PM
until he signs the dotted line it is not a lock
there also has to be a new cba in place and things can change
when things were talked about scola knew spurs had rose now they do not and he might want more money....(he could pull a boozer)

ducks
03-19-2005, 11:36 PM
did not stephen jackson say he could only play for pop as his coach......... then he bolted to hawks then to pacers
scola is not a fa though but he could be traded

timvp
03-19-2005, 11:39 PM
Ducks is right. There's like an 85% chance that Scola comes, but nothing is 100% certain.

TheWriter
03-19-2005, 11:40 PM
did not stephen jackson say he could only play for pop as his coach......... then he bolted to hawks then to pacers
scola is not a fa though but he could be traded

Sure Jax said he'd like to resign with the Spurs,

Difference.

Jax was a free agent. Scola's NBA rights are owned by the Spurs.

If he wants to be in the NBA, it'll be with the Spurs unless they trade his rights.

Another difference.

I don't remember Pop or Jax's agent confirming his signing.

Both Pop and Scola's agent have said he'll be here next season.

Kori Ellis
03-19-2005, 11:42 PM
I don't remember Pop or Jax's agent confirming his signing.

Both Pop and Scola's agent have said he'll be here next season.

They have said that he'll LIKELY be here next season. No one has confirmed it. The latest article about Scola said that he didn't want to talk about it right now because he was concentrating on this season, that nothing is for sure, blah blah.

I think both sides would love to make it happen, but with a $2M buyout and a variety of other factors and options, nothing for certain.

T Park
03-19-2005, 11:48 PM
I thought his contract was toast after this season.

Kori Ellis
03-19-2005, 11:50 PM
No, it's until 2008 or something like that.

T Park
03-19-2005, 11:56 PM
holy fuck.

Id trade his rights.

I dont know if hes worth 2 mil to bring over.

exstatic
03-20-2005, 12:01 AM
The spurs wouldn't pay the $2M. They can only pay $300K (by league rule), and the rest will have to come out of his contract.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-20-2005, 12:07 AM
To be honest, I'll be surprised if Scola shows up. Scola was plan A before Nazr showed up in town.

I can see them using Scola to go find them a long three in the off-season (if they don't think Linton's legit).

exstatic
03-20-2005, 12:09 AM
Scola is really a one trick pony, PF. He's not big enough to sub at the 5, and isn't quick or skilled enough to be a 3.

mattyc
03-20-2005, 06:27 AM
Scola is the most likely. Bring him in.

Sanikidze is a long, long term prospect.

Javtokas? Who knows.

and I can't even remember the name of that other big guy.

BronxCowboy
03-20-2005, 07:54 AM
^^
You mean Sergei Karalauv (spelling?)? Does anybody know what's going on with him?

mattyc
03-20-2005, 08:20 AM
^^
You mean Sergei Karalauv (spelling?)? Does anybody know what's going on with him?
Yeah, that dude.

He's rarely heard of compared to our other projects.

wildbill2u
03-20-2005, 10:40 AM
1. I think it's gonna be hard for big men like Scola (and especially Javotkas who's a little raw) to come in and get a lot of playing time. Scola would get maybe 10 minutes max behind Tim--and does he want to play in the NBA bad enough to take that demotion.

2. Any more international players and there will be a revolt in the player's union with a demand that each team have at least two native born Americans on the roster.

3. I hear Peter Holt is thinking about selling the franchise to the UN where they'll be renamed the Peacekeepers.

SequSpur
03-20-2005, 10:45 AM
Spurs just need to trade for Shaq. He obviously can make this team a championship contender again.

AFE7FATMAN
04-08-2005, 05:18 AM
I would have loved to have had Scola and Javtokas last night in Dallas

wildbill2u
04-08-2005, 04:22 PM
Scola is the most likely. Bring him in.

Sanikidze is a long, long term prospect.

Javtokas? Who knows.

and I can't even remember the name of that other big guy.

If either Javtokas or Sanikidze were anywhere near being ready for the jump to the NBA we'd be hearing more about them from the Euro leagues. They are not coming next year --except maybe an invite to camp to see how the big boys play the game.

T Park
04-08-2005, 04:47 PM
I would have loved to have had Scola and Javtokas last night in Dallas

yeah thats what we were missing, unproven rookies.

boutons
04-08-2005, 05:49 PM
"Scola and Javtokas last night in Dallas"

Tim, Scola, Javtokas last night might have reduced the embarrassment @DAL, but not the outcome. When the Spurs suck, ALL the Spurs suck, as a TEAM, on both ends. Spurs have sucked and lost plenty of times this season with Tim.

The Spurs are the NBA best when they "feel" like playing, but when they don't feel like playing, repulsive games like last night happen, or playoff collapses like May 04 happen.

Or when the other teams throws some defense and hustle at the Spurs, like last night, the almighty Spurs collapse and are exposed as softies.

Spurs are sort of a feminine, emotional team, emotionally unstable, manic-depressive, Jekyll-and-Hyde, prone to group hysterical shittiness. :)