PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching the Daily Show?

phyzik
04-09-2009, 10:10 PM
I dont post much in the political forum, but "The Daily Show" showed some clips of Obama talking about how we are not against Islam (which I dont think we are) and some other stuff about being friends of Islam, then one clip showed Obama bowing to the Saudi King Abdullah.

LEUif1--r38

I think right before or after that (cant remember), they had a clip of Obama saying "America is not a Christian nation, but a nation of ideals." Look, dont get me wrong, I dont agree with any religion (thats not to say I dont believe in something) but America is obviously a Christian nation before any other religion.

any thoughts? Not so much on the religious comments, but more about the bowing before the Saudi King. Thats considered a sign of showing servitude in Islam if I'm not mistaken.

ChumpDumper
04-09-2009, 10:15 PM
So which one is the official religion?

sook
04-09-2009, 10:17 PM
I dont post much in the political forum, but "The Daily Show" showed some clips of Obama talking about how we are not against Islam (which I dont think we are) and some other stuff about being friends of Islam, then one clip showed Obama bowing to the Saudi King Abdullah.

LEUif1--r38

I think right before or after that (cant remember), they had a clip of Obama saying "America is not a Christian nation, but a nation of ideals." Look, dont get me wrong, I dont agree with any religion (thats not to say I dont believe in something) but America is obviously a Christian nation before any other religion.

any thoughts? Not so much on the religious comments, but more about the bowing before the Saudi King. Thats considered a sign of showing of servitude in Islam if I'm not mistaken.

I can't believe some people are actually considering that. The epitome of ignorance, i won't bother commenting further.

If you don't realize it is nothing more than a sign of respect, i feel sorry for you.

Cry Havoc
04-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Thats considered a sign of showing servitude in Islam if I'm not mistaken.

It's considered a sign of "we already have a thread about this" if I'm not mistaken.

baseline bum
04-09-2009, 11:23 PM

The United States is not a Christian nation.

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion;

Signed by President John Adams, unanimously ratified by Congress.

Marcus Bryant
04-09-2009, 11:55 PM
The government of the United States is not officially Christian, as it were, but in terms of a majority of the populace, it is overwhelmingly so and has been for centuries.

LnGrrrR
04-10-2009, 12:32 PM
The government of the United States is not officially Christian, as it were, but in terms of a majority of the populace, it is overwhelmingly so and has been for centuries.

That's like saying that America is a heterosexual nation, or a caucasian nation.

Ignignokt
04-10-2009, 01:10 PM
That's like saying that America is a heterosexual nation, or a caucasian nation.

outside of greece in the auntiquities i've never heard of a gay nation.

baseline bum
04-10-2009, 01:16 PM

I guess we're going to soon be a Latin nation.

LnGrrrR
04-10-2009, 05:29 PM
I guess we're going to soon be a Latin nation.

lol

I'm speeding that along... married a Mexican and she's due with our first child in October.

PixelPusher
04-10-2009, 08:32 PM
lol

I'm speeding that along... married a Mexican and she's due with our first child in October.

Traitor! You're destroying our wh...er, American culture!