PDA

View Full Version : Only I have faith in Marcus Williams

Austin_Toros
04-09-2009, 11:32 PM
I told you so.

EVERYBODY here wrote off Marcus Williams. Don't doubt it. Just look at the past threads and posts I made. Now I'm not saying he's going to be our saviour, but damn it this call-up was well deserved.

Good luck Marcus! Everybody else had no faith in you from day one but I stayed on board. :toast

Hopefully this time the spurs will keep you on their roster.

:flag:

SouthTexasRancher
04-10-2009, 12:03 AM
I told you so.

EVERYBODY here wrote off Marcus Williams. Don't doubt it. Just look at the past threads and posts I made. Now I'm not saying he's going to be our saviour, but damn it this call-up was well deserved.

Good luck Marcus! Everybody else had no faith in you from day one but I stayed on board. :toast

Hopefully this time the spurs will keep you on their roster.

:flag:

WOW!!!

All 15,799 members of SpursTalk.com wrote Marcus off. I did not know that. In fact I am trying real hard to find where I said that I wrote Marcus off. Then again I just used 15,799 members when I should have correctly said 15,798 since you were the ONLY one (1) who didn't write him off. Man I learn something new every single day. This knowledge should be enough to stop all the wars and terrorism going on in every corner of the globe. I do so appreciate you enlightening me and the other 15,797 members who you say wrote Marcus off. I now know where to go to find out anything and everything I ever want to know about the past, present and future. I sincerely thank you ol' wise Jeanussiac

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2009, 12:14 AM
I wrote him off..has he done anything to prove me wrong? being called up is irrelevant..the fact that Jacque Vaughn is on the roster shows how much it means..

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-10-2009, 12:20 AM
Everyone loves a thread that only satisfies the starter.

MrChug
04-10-2009, 12:23 AM

Well said...but he well he...ummm, well SUCKS.

celldweller
04-10-2009, 12:23 AM
Man, tough crowd. If you post here you better bring your game and think long and hard before you type! :lol

MrChug
04-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Man, tough crowd. If you post here you better bring your game and think long and hard before you type! :lol

Just as you did. You didn't even have a take! WTF.

tp2021
04-10-2009, 12:34 AM
What a loser

ElNono
04-10-2009, 12:46 AM
Yes, it's only you... good luck with that.

celldweller
04-10-2009, 12:51 AM
Just as you did. You didn't even have a take! WTF.
:lol

SenorSpur
04-10-2009, 01:06 AM
and only I have faith in Neiman Marcus.

Austin_Toros
04-10-2009, 02:09 AM
WOW!!!

All 15,799 members of SpursTalk.com wrote Marcus off. I did not know that. In fact I am trying real hard to find where I said that I wrote Marcus off. Then again I just used 15,799 members when I should have correctly said 15,798 since you were the ONLY one (1) who didn't write him off. Man I learn something new every single day. This knowledge should be enough to stop all the wars and terrorism going on in every corner of the globe. I do so appreciate you enlightening me and the other 15,797 members who you say wrote Marcus off. I now know where to go to find out anything and everything I ever want to know about the past, present and future. I sincerely thank you ol' wise Jeanussiac

I was actually hoping the "knowledge" would shut up idiots like yourself.
Apparently it didn't work.

Go back to your "corner" of the world and stay there.

:ihit

Kori Ellis
04-10-2009, 02:11 AM
We get it. You have a crush on Marcus Williams.

wildbill2u
04-10-2009, 11:06 AM
It's always amazing to me to see how fast a thread here degenerates into name calling and ad hominem attacks.

Personally, I just hoped the brain trust was right when they picked Williams over some other players that were available and remembered that the coach at Arizona was very high on his abilities. It looks as though he has worked hard and improved his game so why not give him a look-see at the Big Boys. A nice reward for displaying a great attitude and work ethic in the development league.

I think the Spurs are going to milk this Toro connection in the development league for all its worth. It makes sense and is another inexpensive way to indoctrinate not quite ready for prime time players into the Spurs system and give them a chance to work their way into roles with the parent club.

TDomination
04-10-2009, 11:16 AM
I don't think that the timing of this is really that great for Marcus. I can almost guarantee no playoff action unless a blowout happens. So then what was the point? To be a body in practice I guess.

I guess he can play against Tony Parker and see him up close and personal.

SpuronyourFace
04-10-2009, 11:26 AM
I don't have faith in him.

SenorSpur
04-10-2009, 11:30 AM
I think the Spurs are going to milk this Toro connection in the development league for all its worth. It makes sense and is another inexpensive way to indoctrinate not quite ready for prime time players into the Spurs system and give them a chance to work their way into roles with the parent club.

And they should. With the amount of young players that are pouring into the league, most of whom are far from having NBA-ready games, this makes the most sense. It's amazing more teams have not caught onto this model.

exstatic
04-10-2009, 11:51 AM

+1

Someone doesn't understand that the Spurs just signed Marcus early for Summer League, nothing more.

Desmon Farmer
Malik Hairston
Blake Ahearn
Anthony Tolliver

The Spurs revolving door spits you out pretty quick. One question I have: the Spurs have never been impressed with Marcus's athleticism or lateral quickness. How the FUCK is he supposed to guard guards if they think he doesn't have the chops to stay in front of SFs?

Bruno
04-10-2009, 02:53 PM
You aren't alone to believe in Marcus. :smokin

1usamotorsports.com
04-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Im A believer !

Austin_Toros
04-10-2009, 05:09 PM

:lol

Well...

Austin_Toros
04-10-2009, 05:10 PM
You aren't alone to believe in Marcus. :smokin

Good to know there are others.

pad300
04-10-2009, 07:41 PM
+1

Someone doesn't understand that the Spurs just signed Marcus early for Summer League, nothing more.

Desmon Farmer
Malik Hairston
Blake Ahearn
Anthony Tolliver

The Spurs revolving door spits you out pretty quick. One question I have: the Spurs have never been impressed with Marcus's athleticism or lateral quickness. How the FUCK is he supposed to guard guards if they think he doesn't have the chops to stay in front of SFs?

Don't forget

Jackie Butler
and
***** *****!

BackHome
04-10-2009, 07:46 PM
If he plays for us what position will they play him at SF or SG?

SouthTexasRancher
04-11-2009, 03:02 PM
I was actually hoping the "knowledge" would shut up idiots like yourself. Apparently it didn't work. Go back to your "corner" of the world and stay there. :ihit

LOL, kid. I see you woke up on the wrong side of your crib.

BTW, just how is Marcus doing? rotflmao. Bring Malik Hairston back. At least he can play in the big league!

Texas_Ranger
04-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Don't forget

Jackie Butler
and
***** *****!

***** *****! - is this JAMES WHITE!!!?

urunobili
04-11-2009, 05:07 PM

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-11-2009, 05:26 PM
I watched this guy fuck up repeatedly at UA because of his attitude. Olson benched him and suspended him repeatedly and he still thought his shit didn't stink. His basketball IQ is so low he makes Matt Barnes look like Robert Horry.

pad300
04-11-2009, 08:29 PM
***** *****! - is this JAMES WHITE!!!?

That name got ubiquitous around here... It's generally a bad sign to see it in a thread. It was worse than Scola threads... So from now on, it's ***** *****! 'Kay

sananspursfan21
04-11-2009, 09:03 PM
.......okay, but he's gonna score 2 pts. a game. he's expendable like james gist, james white, malik hairston, pops monsah bensu, etc. none of these developmental league guys are really gonna make a difference for the spurs, they're simply roster fillers, i really don't understand why some people celebrate when one of these guys is called up from the d-league, they never really do anything. marcus williams will be signed back to the toros in no time, or waived just like the rest of them.

Chieflion
04-11-2009, 09:05 PM
.......okay, but he's gonna score 2 pts. a game. he's expendable like james gist, james white, malik hairston, pops monsah bensu, etc. none of these developmental league guys are really gonna make a difference for the spurs, they're simply roster fillers, i really don't understand why some people celebrate when one of these guys is called up from the d-league, they never really do anything. marcus williams will be signed back to the toros in no time, or waived just like the rest of them.
I would prefer pops mensah bonsu than Matt Bonner right now.