PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought about Spurs and fans

wisnub
04-10-2009, 02:31 AM
Recently Im just thinking..judging from how Spurs perform all season long, and how this forum reacted on every single mistakes or loss, there were countless profanity against people which we praised back in 2007 championship. From Pop,Manu,even TP (gosh unbeliavable),Oberto,Bowen up to new players like Bonner (poor Bonner). I just think to become a fan, our team doesnt have to always win a championship. I mean, we all know Spurs will ALWAYS BE AN ELITE TEAM NO MATTER WHAT, ALWAYS BE A CONTENDER. But by not putting all high expectation and just enjoy the game i feel less stressed. Before, I expect Spurs to win every single time and got mad when Pop made bad decision and so on...but i can help to feel angry when Manu returned and then things went sour. Also despite all the rests that Duncan had on back to back games, his knee start to acting up again. Basically I just dont want any bandwagon drama just in case we win or loose in playoffs....just need an emotion check when u put high expectation. When things gone south,then there will be less pain. i know many of you will not agree on this. But i like surprises,and usually it come in unexpected time. I dont expect spurs to win judging from current situation, but a surprise will be NICE!!!

There are so many teams in NBA, yet only 1 champion emerge every single year. People dont just stand up for the city they live in..they also stand up for what representation a team brings. I believe in teamwork,selfless,class act, careful preparation,humility and winning tradition. Thats why I like Spurs.

TheSpursFNRule
04-10-2009, 02:32 AM
Most of us will be Spurs fans till we die. Its just hard to accept an underachieving, unfortunate and dissapointing season.

wisnub
04-10-2009, 02:52 AM
Most of us will be Spurs fans till we die. Its just hard to accept an underachieving, unfortunate and dissapointing season.

I feel you..thats why i didnt raise my hopes this season. It only makes me mad

Muser
04-10-2009, 03:44 AM

A 50 + win season with 2 of your best players out for the first half of the season, then for the second half only one of them is fully healthy.

I'd say that's overachieving.

silverblackfan
04-10-2009, 07:46 AM
A 50 + win season with 2 of your best players out for the first half of the season, then for the second half only one of them is fully healthy.

I'd say that's overachieving.

:toast

de Soto
04-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Recently Im just thinking..judging from how Spurs perform all season long, and how this forum reacted on every single mistakes or loss, there were countless profanity against people which we praised back in 2007 championship. From Pop,Manu,even TP (gosh unbeliavable),Oberto,Bowen up to new players like Bonner (poor Bonner). I just think to become a fan, our team doesnt have to always win a championship. I mean, we all know Spurs will ALWAYS BE AN ELITE TEAM NO MATTER WHAT, ALWAYS BE A CONTENDER. But by not putting all high expectation and just enjoy the game i feel less stressed. Before, I expect Spurs to win every single time and got mad when Pop made bad decision and so on...but i can help to feel angry when Manu returned and then things went sour. Also despite all the rests that Duncan had on back to back games, his knee start to acting up again. Basically I just dont want any bandwagon drama just in case we win or loose in playoffs....just need an emotion check when u put high expectation. When things gone south,then there will be less pain. i know many of you will not agree on this. But i like surprises,and usually it come in unexpected time. I dont expect spurs to win judging from current situation, but a surprise will be NICE!!!

There are so many teams in NBA, yet only 1 champion emerge every single year. People dont just stand up for the city they live in..they also stand up for what representation a team brings. I believe in teamwork,selfless,class act, careful preparation,humility and winning tradition. Thats why I like Spurs.

Very touching. And your point is?

anonoftheinternets
04-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Very touching. And your point is?

hey im new here, why hav u coloured your username pink? And what does that strike through line mean? Does that mean no one should take u seriously? Because thats what it looks like.

:lmao

Morg1411
04-10-2009, 10:47 AM
hey im new here, why hav u coloured your username pink? And what does that strike through line mean? Does that mean no one should take u seriously? Because thats what it looks like.

:lmao

Yeah, pretty much. :lol

When you consider the slow start, the injuries and the fluctuating roster and rotations, I'm impressed that we hit 50 wins this year. Support your team, people. Be thankful you have one (I'm up in Seattle...less said on that, the better), be thankful they're so good, and get out there and cheer them on.

spurs_50_21
04-10-2009, 11:04 AM

man i am hoping for that surprise,this was first year in a long time when i said to myself there losing it,but i will root hard for them no matter what,and if they won a championship this year

HOW SWEET IT WOULD BE:lobt::flag:

TD=HOF
04-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Yeah, pretty much. :lol

When you consider the slow start, the injuries and the fluctuating roster and rotations, I'm impressed that we hit 50 wins this year. Support your team, people. Be thankful you have one (I'm up in Seattle...less said on that, the better), be thankful they're so good, and get out there and cheer them on.

Couldn't have said it better. Second place in the West most of the season despite everything, give props where it's due. Even though i've been questioning Pop's moves lately, he's still done a hell of a job. We'll be back!!!

:flag::flag::flag: