PDA

View Full Version : One thought on today's game vs. Utah

spectator
04-10-2009, 04:24 AM
If we win today, we may rest all starters in the final 3 games of the season and avoid the 8th seed. There are some problems with this idea - winning vs. Utah is no piece of cake and deciding whether it's better to rest players rather than playing them to establish playoff rotations. Nevertheless, it is unlikely that we have home court advantage in the playoffs and I would rather play Denver or Houston(assuming they finish 3rd) than Portland or Lakers. My opinion is that we should rest our players, since we have many veterans that put in a lot of minutes this season to cover for any of the (other) missing big 3 member(s). Your thoughts?

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2009, 04:54 AM

ThaiFanofSpurs
04-10-2009, 05:23 AM
If we win today, I think we still need to play Tim, TP, bowen, Mason, Gooden, Finly, Thomas, and Udoka (yes, Udoka is included) for the rest of the games. But all of them have to play in limited minutes. Tim and TP should not play in the game against GSW since it is a back to back. Let our youths, Hill and Williams play more minutes in all those games (hopefully Pop wants to do that.) The reason is to keep them in their rythms and be ready for the POs. Just my opinion.

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2009, 05:47 AM
actually, after looking at the schedules, I'm going to disagree..

I see Portland going 4-0 or 3-1, so I feel like we need to go at least 3-1 or 4-0 during this stretch..I'd much rather play Houston, as opposed to Portland..

alchemist
04-10-2009, 06:08 AM
actually, after looking at the schedules, I'm going to disagree..

I see Portland going 4-0 or 3-1, so I feel like we need to go at least 3-1 or 4-0 during this stretch..I'd much rather play Houston, as opposed to Portland..
essentially the Spurs control their destiny, if they go 4-0 they wrap up the 3rd spot (Portland must lose 1 I believe), it's difficult either way since the team in the 3rd spot will face the Hornets and they're a nightmare matchup because of David West, he will rape a new one again on any Spur matched up with him.

silverblackfan
04-10-2009, 07:28 AM
I would not be sad to see Portland in the first round. They are a handful, but young and I think there is enough grit in the Spurs to win that series in 6, possibly 5.

Agloco
04-10-2009, 07:45 AM
The Spurs just need to avoid the 4,5 and 8 seed and they'll be ok.