PDA

View Full Version : Biggest games of the season tonight

djohn2oo8
04-10-2009, 07:58 AM
Jazz vs Spurs - Gonna be a battle....Jazz have been etrocious on the road, while spurs are dealing with the loss of Manu, too close to call.

Hornets vs Mavs - If Utah loses, Dallas can move up to the 7th spot, with a win of course.

Lakers vs Blazers - Huge matchup...Portland owns L.A. in the Rose Garden, so I don't expect it to be any different...Blazers win 97 - 89

Rockets vs Warriors - Trap game...Rox came out soft against Kings last night, but blew them out in the second half...Hopefully, they know that they do have to beat scrub teams too...

I'll update the referees for each matchups when they are released

Rogue
04-10-2009, 08:00 AM
thanks for assuming a win for our boys in blue. :toast:

sribb43
04-10-2009, 08:02 AM
This might be the last time i ever say this but :flag::flag::flag:

LA needs to win tonight to keep them in the hunt for home court so that there game on Tuesday vs Jazz is still meaningful..LA is still 1 GB on Cle and the Cavs last game is not until wednesday while the Lakers last game is on Tuesday. So if LA is still 1 GB on tuesday it would make sense for them to go for the W against Utah bc if Cle loses wed then HC is LA's

djohn2oo8
04-10-2009, 08:05 AM
Jazz/Lakers would be great...The only problem is that Kobe gets all the calls now, the Jazz would be real physical, and Kobe would start crying

stipendlax
04-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Go Jazz, Go Mavs, Go Lakers...

Damn I feel dirty.

Pelicans78
04-10-2009, 09:04 AM
I'll watch the Hornets tonight, but I'm really looking forward to my beloved Royals in their home opener in the new Kauffman stadium against the Yanks today. The Hornets against a Western playoff team? Blah......

pauls931
04-10-2009, 09:04 AM
Are the Jazz away or at home? That's all that matters in the outcome of that one.

sribb43
04-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Are the Jazz away or at home? That's all that matters in the outcome of that one.

away

pauls931
04-10-2009, 09:25 AM
away

I guess the nba still needs ticket sales else I'd just say cancel the flight,game and chalk down a loss for the Jazz.

Indazone
04-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Nobody wants the Jazz in the first round because they are the dirtiest team in the NBA. Whoever comes out of their series against the Jazz will be banged up and tired and will likely not advance from the second round. Those floppers will body you up. Throw elbows in opposing players faces and probably hurt one of your star players.

Sportstudi
04-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Interesting games. I will definitely cheer for the Spurs today, because the Mavs could pass the Jazz in the seeds if they win their game against NO. It will be tough for SA though, 'cause Manu is missing and the Jazz will try to recover after their last loss. Nevertheless, if the Spurs want to regain HCA they have to win. Thus I expect full effort.

LA in Portland will be nice as well. Portland played well lately and they gave LA troubles all season long. Let's see...

Rockets vs Warriors: The Rockets need to win this one if they want to keep their chances to catch Denver.

And Dallas against NO... as written above, we need to win to pass Utah. Luckily Chandler will miss, thus there won't be the normal receiver to catch Paul's alley-oop dimes. Moreover, the lack of his blocks and rebounds might hurt NO as well. We're at home, thus I think we have a good chance to climb in the standings.

sribb43
04-10-2009, 09:37 AM
Is Duncan playing tonight?

Girasuck
04-10-2009, 09:48 AM
No way we win tonight. In fact I'd be surprised if we keep it within 20.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Go Spurs ( i want the Jazz to fall to 8th)
Go Mavs (see above)
Go Lakers (I believe the Nuggets can clinch the NW if the Blazers lose)

BUMP
04-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Jazz/Lakers would be great...The only problem is that Kobe gets all the calls now, the Jazz would be real physical, and Kobe would start crying

you just noticed?:lol

djohn2oo8
04-10-2009, 10:20 AM
I mean come playoff time, but everybody has noticed

Allanon
04-10-2009, 10:34 AM

Kobe isn't even in the top 5 of the NBA when it comes to free throws per game. This is the lowest free throwing year for Kobe since Shaq left.

Why do you think the Jazz are so bad on the road? They lead the league in fouls. It's not just against the Lakers, it's against everybody. They get called for alot of fouls because of the style they play.

You're biased against Kobe, but the fact of the matter is, the Jazz have lost to lots of teams because of this, not just the Lakers.

TheMACHINE
04-10-2009, 11:06 AM

Kobe only crys when he doesnt get the calls...get it straight

mavs>spurs2
04-10-2009, 11:18 AM
I think this game will pretty much be the decider for us on whether we're the 6th seed or the 8th. We have a golden opportunity here but I'm not holding my breath

sribb43
04-10-2009, 11:39 AM
Dont even trip buddy, were winning out.

sounds good:toast

SpursDynasty
04-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Jazz vs Spurs - Gonna be a battle....Jazz have been etrocious on the road, while spurs are dealing with the loss of Manu, too close to call.

Hornets vs Mavs - If Utah loses, Dallas can move up to the 7th spot, with a win of course.

Lakers vs Blazers - Huge matchup...Portland owns L.A. in the Rose Garden, so I don't expect it to be any different...Blazers win 97 - 89

Rockets vs Warriors - Trap game...Rox came out soft against Kings last night, but blew them out in the second half...Hopefully, they know that they do have to beat scrub teams too...

I'll update the referees for each matchups when they are released

With these match-ups in the league tonight and no national TV broadcast? What do we get? Knicks vs Magic on ESPN2.

What's on ESPN tonight? Golf. Fail.

Red Hawk #21
04-10-2009, 12:54 PM
^This guy got pinked. Again

Ghazi
04-10-2009, 02:32 PM
I will be very disappointed if the Mavs don't win tonight. The Hornets have been the 15th or so best team in the league for the past 7 weeks, and I really mean that. It would be more reflective in their record if not for two incredibly lucky shots by Butler, plus a few other lucky wins.

they've been down in the 4th quarter against the Nets, Timberwolves, Heat, Bucks, Thunder, Clippers, Kings and perhaps a few others since the All Star break, and yet they won all of these games, BALOGNI!