PDA

View Full Version : ARG Press: Ginobili to give a Press Conference about his future

urunobili
04-10-2009, 08:58 AM
http://www.infobae.com/contenidos/441615-600795-0-Gin%C3%B3bili-despejar%C3%A1-dudas-su-futuro

The Bahia Blanca native will give a press conference in which he'll address the injury that sidelined him for the rest of the NBA season: NT or San Antonio?

http://www.infobae.com/adjuntos/imagenes/04/0240401B.jpg

The basketball player Emanuel Ginobili will give in the next few hours a press conference in which he'll talk about the injury that ended his NBA season.

Among other topics, he will sure make a statement about his future in sports as in the last few hours, it has been speculated that he may be forced to leave the Argentinean National Team due to the authorities from the Spurs not willing to run into any further injuries risks with him

Ginobili is currently rehabbing and unable to do any Sports practice due to a right fibula stress fracture.

His physical problem was originated during the Beijing Summer Games last year, situation that put in alert San Antonio's front office.

With the situation arising, San Antonio may have communicated him that ,to avoid further risks, he should quit the National Team

Ginobili's situation got complicated on San Antonio's match last sunday against the Cleveland Cavaliers that forced him to leave the court after the third quarter

de Soto
04-10-2009, 09:04 AM
Hopefully he announces his retirement. It would keep the Spurs from fucking themselves. And that would make me very happy.

it's me
04-10-2009, 09:07 AM
Hopefully he announces his retirement. It would keep the Spurs from fucking themselves. And that would make me very happy.

pink :toast

Summers
04-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Interesting.

fusionjazzman72
04-10-2009, 09:22 AM
I bet he retires

urunobili
04-10-2009, 09:27 AM
I bet he retires

dude... he's like Miles Davis... he ain't going down without a next album... :lol

Indazone
04-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Playing for the National Team should be an honor. Ginobili did not screw himself over by playing for the National Team. He screwed himself over by insisting on playing while injured for the National Team. In any event, his bad ankle would have given out eventually during the NBA season.

Why not just tell Team USA players not to play for their country?

MoSpur
04-10-2009, 09:32 AM
I'm very curious as to what he's gonna say. I am sure he's gonna talk about the National Team.

alchemist
04-10-2009, 09:35 AM
sorry but it would be a joke if Ginobili choose to continue with the NT, I appreciate everything he's done for our team but this man should be resting as much as possible.

Bruno
04-10-2009, 09:40 AM
I guess Manu will say that he retires from Argentina NT.

DPG21920
04-10-2009, 09:45 AM
I guess Manu will say that he retires from Argentina NT.

They would not be holding a PC otherwise.

Taco
04-10-2009, 09:48 AM
pink :toast

:lol

Rogue
04-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Playing for the National Team should be an honor. Ginobili did not screw himself over by playing for the National Team. He screwed himself over by insisting on playing while injured for the National Team. In any event, his bad ankle would have given out eventually during the NBA season.

Why not just tell Team USA players not to play for their country?
Team US has so many talented players to choose from that it never forces those trashy international games to the players with the minimal injury even. players' career can be badly shortened if their injuries get aggravated due to those trashy international games, which also shortens the years they could have played for their national teams. On behalf of the players and themselves, those international teams should realize they had better stop interrupting their players while they're enjoying their vacations as the american players do.

urunobili
04-10-2009, 09:54 AM
I am about to leave US bound and i wont be able to translate anything as my laptop is staying here... until i get there... i hope everything turns out right and that someone is able to translate for y'all what happened...

ElNono, diego or others can you check ole.clarin.com regularly and infobae.com as well? they'll give the news at the time the presser is happening... hopefully SAT's media will be there as well

Mixability
04-10-2009, 10:02 AM
so you talk bad about Gino and you automatically get pinked now?

is that what it's come to?

iilluzioN
04-10-2009, 10:05 AM

lol, you have no respect for Manu and what he has done for us, I hate you as a Spurs Fan.

I Hope he still stays with the spurs, Manu still looks like he gots 2-3 years left in hes tank...

Get well Manu, and I know you come back better then EVER!! :flag:

TDMVPDPOY
04-10-2009, 10:08 AM
i dunno what to say, if he says his going to retire from NT, he shouldve said that a couple of seasons ago when he had nothing else to prove to his country or the world, fuck that spurs didnt pay him to go get injured in the summer on NT duties... :(

xtremesteven33
04-10-2009, 10:08 AM
I hope its good news....this season cant seem to get any worse :bang

urunobili
04-10-2009, 10:09 AM
so you trash talk bad about Gino and you automatically get pinked now?

indeed

Dr. Gonzo
04-10-2009, 10:10 AM
i obtained a transcript of the interview he's about to give --

ginobili: i am suk

lol

ElNono
04-10-2009, 10:13 AM
I am about to leave US bound and i wont be able to translate anything as my laptop is staying here... until i get there... i hope everything turns out right and that someone is able to translate for y'all what happened...

ElNono, diego or others can you check ole.clarin.com regularly and infobae.com as well? they'll give the news at the time the presser is happening... hopefully SAT's media will be there as well

I just woke up, and now I have to go to work. I'll keep an eye open, but I'm sure we'll hear whatever it is sooner or later...

Sausage
04-10-2009, 10:17 AM
It sickens me to see some Spurs fan bash on the guy like they do here. Without him, we may not have won some of the championships we have. I just hope whatever he decides for his future is the best decision for himself and his family.

Gervin44Silas13
04-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Gino's got leave that team he SHOULD HAVE DONE IT LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like that team had a chance vs Dream Team, what a joke, injury and all!

Spurs Brazil
04-10-2009, 10:31 AM

Isn't Manu in San Antonio?

Kori Ellis
04-10-2009, 10:53 AM

Are you talking about DeSoto? He was pinked long before anything about Manu happened.

xtremesteven33
04-10-2009, 10:55 AM

Ive been banned for a much dumber reason :wow

anonoftheinternets
04-10-2009, 11:01 AM

yes mr manure ....... :rolleyes

Amuseddaysleeper
04-10-2009, 11:06 AM
With all the negativity us Spurs fans have been going through the past few days I immediately read the topic and assumed Ginobili was talking about retiring.

:depressed

Cherry
04-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Manu talking about the NT is a speculation from infobae.com He will talk about the injury and recovery. That's all.

Ditty
04-10-2009, 12:00 PM
if he retires we can get artest and wallace this off season :)

timvp
04-10-2009, 12:02 PM
There's more of a chance he's retiring from the Spurs than retiring from the Argentine national team. Let's be real.

exstatic
04-10-2009, 12:02 PM

Uh, no we can't. His non-likely retirement still leaves us with only one MLE to sign players. I'm doubting Sheed and Crazy Boy will split it.

ElNono
04-10-2009, 12:14 PM
There's more of a chance he's retiring from the Spurs than retiring from the Argentine national team. Let's be real.

I don't think so, really. I don't think this presser has anything to do with the NT. If anything it's to make clear that this injury is unrelated to the Olympics.
As far as the NT goes, he already expressed that while he's not ready to say that he won't ever play for the NT again, he saw it as unlikely. He mentioned that it was due for the team to get young blood in there. He did also say he thought this last Olympics was probably the last for a bunch of the 'golden generation' players.

I believe he's still in San Antonio, so I would expect the Express-News to pick up on any presser like that, unless he's doing a video conference with media from Argentina only. I'm surprised the original article doesn't mention any date/time for this presser and we haven't heard anything from the team regarding this.

ploto
04-10-2009, 12:14 PM
It makes zero sense that Manu would hold a press conference in San Antonio to announce a retirement from the Argentine National Team. Seems to me that he would only do that in person in the summer.

MoSpur
04-10-2009, 12:18 PM
I am thinking he's doing a press conference with Argentina press only. If that is the case, I think he will announce his retirement from International play.

new_N_town
did the confrence allready happen??

angel_luv
Does anyone have access to facebook that is a fan of Manu's on there?

Maybe there is more information about the time and content of the press conference mentioned there.

spurschick
04-10-2009, 12:19 PM

Maybe there is more information about the time and content of the press conference mentioned there.

He just posted this:

Hoy me hicieron una densitometría (o algo así). Quédense tranquilos que no tengo osteoporosis! ;-). Eso sí, tengo que usar una bota durante 6 u 8 horas diarias por unos días. Los tengo informados.

angel_luv
04-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Thanks Spurschick. :)

ElNono
04-10-2009, 12:23 PM
He just posted this:

Hoy me hicieron una densitometría (o algo así). Quédense tranquilos que no tengo osteoporosis! ;-). Eso sí, tengo que usar una bota durante 6 u 8 horas diarias por unos días. Los tengo informados.

English:
"Today I had a Bone Mineral Density test (or something like that). Don't worry, i don't have Osteoporosis ;-). What I do have to do is use a boot for 6 to 9 hours every day, for a couple of days. I'll keep you all posted."

ace3g
04-10-2009, 12:23 PM
He just posted this:

yahoo translation:
Today they did a densitometría to me (or something thus). They remain calm that I do not have osteoporosis! ; -). That yes, I must use a boot during 6 or 8 hours daily by days. I have them informed.

porscha
04-10-2009, 12:25 PM
He just posted this:

8 minutes ago

no metion or even sounded like he is having a press conference
??

TMTTRIO
it sounds like he's just going to update them on his injury/health.

angel_luv
English:
"Today I had a Bone Mineral Density test (or something like that). Don't worry, i don't have Osteoporosis ;-). What I do have to do is use a boot for 6 to 9 hours every day, for a couple of days. I'll keep you all posted."

Gracias! :)

The Meltdown
04-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Oh man

spurschick
04-10-2009, 12:27 PM
He just posted more, including a pic of the boot:

Acá está mi compañera por los próximos días. Incómoda y pesadísima, pero es lo que hay... Solo 6 u 8 horas nomás.

porscha
04-10-2009, 12:27 PM
thanks ElNono

porscha
04-10-2009, 12:29 PM
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs036.snc1/3281_79622031933_71769686933_2444102_450159_n.jpg

ElNono
04-10-2009, 12:29 PM
He just posted more, including a pic of the boot:

Acá está mi compañera por los próximos días. Incómoda y pesadísima, pero es lo que hay... Solo 6 u 8 horas nomás.

English:
"Here's my partner for the next few days. Uncomfortable and very heavy, but it's what it is... Only for 6 to 8 hours a day."

http://i44.tinypic.com/10h0cyh.jpg

exstatic
04-10-2009, 12:30 PM
I think it's monumentally naieve to think that injuring your left leg in the Olympics, subsequently having surgery on it, and using your right leg to compensate over the course of an NBA season that leads to damage in the right leg means that the right leg injury isn't related to playing in the Olympics.

porscha
04-10-2009, 12:38 PM
asked in FB about the press conference, don't know if he will answer or not

MoSpur
04-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Spurschick sighting? Wow! I haven't read from her in a long time. Maybe I have missed some previous ones. Oh well.

jalberto
04-10-2009, 12:54 PM

So far there isn't any additional information about the press conference

angel_luv
04-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Thanks, Jalberto. :)

jalberto
04-10-2009, 01:10 PM
News:
There is no press conference. Manu has just said that he didn't know anything about that.

ElNono
04-10-2009, 01:11 PM
I think it's monumentally naieve to think that injuring your left leg in the Olympics, subsequently having surgery on it, and using your right leg to compensate over the course of an NBA season that leads to damage in the right leg means that the right leg injury isn't related to playing in the Olympics.

He injured his left leg in last season's playoffs, not in the Olympics. He needed to go under the knife regardless. And the whole 'compensation' theory is just that, a theory. It's just as plausible that he's been developing that stress reaction over a long period of time. I'll go with what he has said, considering it's his legs.

angel_luv
04-10-2009, 01:12 PM
News:
There is no press conference. Manu has just said that he didn't know anything about that.

Thanks again.

SpursDynasty
04-10-2009, 01:14 PM
No NBA players should be allowed to play any non-NBA basketball.

porscha
04-10-2009, 01:16 PM
whew....no news is good news

timvp
04-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Another imaginary Manu Ginobili press conference. What a season.

ElNono
04-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Another imaginary Manu Ginobili press conference. What a season.

I thought he was gonna thank ducks for mistakenly giving him props... :lol

MoSpur
04-10-2009, 01:31 PM
What a tease!

MmP
04-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Manu on the Press Conference on his Forum:

Nobody told me anything about a press conference...Where did you guys get that? Unless they're doing it without me.:wow

Nowadays nobody knows!

poop
04-10-2009, 02:10 PM
the press conference was cancelled after Manu fractured his ankle on the way up to the podium.

Bukefal
04-10-2009, 02:14 PM
For this stuff, twitter is useful. Anyway, Hope he will be alright!!

tmtcsc
04-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Here is the latest from Manu:
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs036.snc1/3281_79622031933_71769686933_2444102_450159_s.jpg

"Here is my companion for the next few days. Its heavy and uncomfortable, but its only for 6-8 hours a day."

1Parker1
04-10-2009, 02:56 PM
:lmao Even when Manu isn't playing, he's overly dramatic :)

Bruno
04-10-2009, 02:58 PM
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs036.snc1/3281_79622031933_71769686933_2444102_450159_s.jpg

"Here is my companion for the next few days. Its heavy and uncomfortable, but its only for 6-8 hours a day."

Even with his boot, Manu should play. He would still be more mobile than Finley and Udoka.

angel_luv
04-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Ouch!

Harry Callahan
04-10-2009, 03:03 PM
The Spurs are so much more explosive with Manu on the floor. I just hate what's happened to Tim and Manu this year. These are Hall of Fame type guys and you can't replace winners like these two.

The 2008-2009 season has been nothing but frustrating.

Old School 44
04-10-2009, 03:22 PM

Wow! Obi Wan Ginobili, looks like a Storm Trooper now.
Hopefully, he will be ready to go next season. I still think he has a couple good years left!

AnotherArgie
04-10-2009, 04:16 PM
It wasn't a press conference, but a video interview with a newspaper:

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?nota_id=1117218&pid=6204882&toi=6476

It says absolutely nothing. The only worthy thing of the video is Peter Holt's painting in the wall. Oh, and Manu said the SA doctors don't think this injury is related with the other.

ElNono
04-10-2009, 04:22 PM
I'm translating the article that's along with the video. It will take me a bit.
I haven't watched the video yet, and somebody else will probably have to translate that.

td4mvp21
04-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Even with his boot, Manu should play. He would still be more mobile than Finley and Udoka.

:lol :shootme

Mixability
04-10-2009, 04:42 PM
yes mr manure ....... :rolleyes

i've had that shit on there forever, even before Gino's leg fell off.

Let me explain it to you:

Manure Ginobili, as in, he's the SHIT!

:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

ElNono
04-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Nothing opaques Manu Ginobili idolatry
By Miguel Romano
SAN ANTONIO.- With a thick bandage encapsulated inside a beige boot and a big smile, Manu Ginobili appeared to the media gathered to watch the morning shootaround at the fantastic Practice Facility that the Spurs have on the outside of this city.
This was the first time that the argentine would talk publicly after the medical staff confirmed, 4 days ago, the fracture on his right fibula that would make him miss the rest of the NBA season, including playoffs, of course. That's why, in the moments before the media started to work, the amount of journalists was similar to the times when the Spurs played an NBA final. At the end of the room, sitting in front of their computers, the colleagues from the San Antonio Express were preparing their stuff, while the radio and TV talked to each other and awaited the 'okey' from the Press Director Tom James to enter the training court.
It was a good moment to ask the representatives from the media about the importance that they gave to missing Manu in the end of this season for the Spurs. "There could be some good players that take his place, but it will be impossible to match his style of play. His heart, energy, competitive spirit, his contagious passion will not be there now and it will be a big hole in the team's heart", said Marcus Floyd from KENS-TV.
Pablo Schneider, from the Latino Leaders magazine, had similar concepts: "Manu means a lot and it's a very big loss. The rest of the players are going to have to appeal to their professionalism to get past this bad moment. Manu is a true leader". Humberto Cervera, from WOAI-TV opined that "Manu is irreplaceable and it will be very difficult for the Spurs to fill in the gap". But, one of the persons more interested in the topic, that kept this conversation started by LA NACION here in San Antonio, was Lincoln Rose, journalist from the official radio of the franchise, "Spurs Radio".

"Manu is loved everywhere. And more than his game, he is loved because he's a good person. There's no doubt he's a major idol in this city and you won't find anybody talking bad about Ginobili". We asked him if people understood that Manu might have forced the situation in order to play with the national team in the olympic games. "I believe we all understand him. It's logical. Maybe the games weren't watched that much on TV, mostly because the hours they played were pretty bad for us, even when Manu played against Team USA, everybody understands what Manu did".
Nevertheless, reading the blog comments left on the home page of My Express San Antonio, the main newspaper here, Rose exclaimed: "Those guys don't understand a thing. It's people that don't think. It has no value".
At the back of the scene, the colleagues from the local newspaper, that decided not to participate in the debate, heard a reference to their media and quickly raised their arms and waved them to clearly state they had absolutely nothing to do with the opinions left by the readers.
A bit later, Tom James arrived, and invited everyone in. He also prepared the exclusive conversation for lanacion.com with Manu in a conference room whose only painting is an image that reflects an scene from a game in which the argentine is the predominant figure. A painting that was bought by the president of the franchise, Peter Holt, for a few thousand dollars in an auction organized by the Spurs Foundation.
And Manu appeared, smiling more than what we thought he would, signifying that the storm has gone by already. "I can't be depressed forever. This happens to anybody and it heals. But I do accept that wednesday in the game against Portland, I came to say hello to my teammates but I wasn't in the mood to be asked about my injury. But that's over. I'm here. Good, starting another recovery process", and he shrugged.
Another situation, more sad, but the same Manu, very amenable and with a very strong mentality, always positive, even now.

porscha
04-10-2009, 04:55 PM
nice painting...the camera man showing it in a funny way :lol:lol

porscha
04-10-2009, 05:08 PM
thanks ElNono

montgod
04-10-2009, 06:18 PM
You Ignorant Bastards..

in the VIDEO they ask him if he has been presented a contract extension...

Ginóbili: “So far they did not offer the extension to me of the contract”

I think he wants 2-6 years ...FUCKING INSANE...

2 - 6 years??? Wow... I opt for the 2 years IF he doesn't have any set backs health-wise involving his ankles next season. If not... it's been a nice run, but I just don't see him being able to play like he would want to.

DAF86
04-10-2009, 06:37 PM

I don't think so. IMO he would love to keep playing for both but if Pop and company make him choose at this point of his career I think he would choose the Spurs. He has nothing else to prove with the NT.

Walton Buys Off Me
04-10-2009, 06:51 PM
He'll probably get injured on his way to the press conference.

WalterBenitez
04-10-2009, 07:01 PM

:lmao

sook
04-10-2009, 07:10 PM
he shouldn't have played this summer. I understand that Yao, Manu and all these international players need to rep their country, but they have been doing so for a while now, they need to focus their priorities more towards the people that sign their checks.

Rogue
04-10-2009, 07:24 PM
he shouldn't have played this summer. I understand that Yao, Manu and all these international players need to rep their country, but they have been doing so for a while now, they need to focus their priorities more towards the people that sign their checks.
son it's not the own choices of the players to play for their international team every summer, for most times they are forced to do so straightly or indirectly. Condemns and critics from their contries will inevitably surge onto their heads if they express any sign of denying their international duties.

SenorSpur
04-10-2009, 07:32 PM
With the injury that he sustained and the amount of basketball he's played over his career, I would think that "common sense" would rule out over his competitive nature. But then again, we're talking about Manu. I'm sure he'll make the right decision without the Spurs having to prod him.

ElNono
04-10-2009, 07:49 PM
You Ignorant Bastards..

in the VIDEO they ask him if he has been presented a contract extension...

Ginóbili: “So far they did not offer the extension to me of the contract”

I think he wants 2-6 years ...FUCKING INSANE...

I just heard the interview and he says none of that... he only said that if the Spurs doesn't offer an extension he'll be a free agent in 2010, and he's fine with that. He said he's hoping to be healthy and have a good season next year, and that should take care of itself.

Thomas82
04-10-2009, 07:57 PM

We should do that anyway.

Joe Schmoogins
04-10-2009, 11:08 PM
The Spurs will offer him an extension... he's MANU... come on!

urunobili
04-11-2009, 11:58 AM
I will never post again anything from infobae.com :depressed sorry guys...

J.T.
04-11-2009, 12:00 PM
If Manu wants a six year deal they'll probably trade him to the Hornets for Julian Wright and a first round NFL draft pick that the team will sell to clear cap room.

DAF86
04-11-2009, 04:22 PM
I will never post again anything from infobae.com :depressed sorry guys...

You should know better. Infobae is "Fox news" bad.

Bender
04-11-2009, 09:29 PM
a few years ago here on this board, even though Manu was healthy back then, everyone here was predicting that due to the style of his play, agressive and physical, he would probably start breaking down early...

Hemotivo
04-11-2009, 10:28 PM
a few years ago here on this board, even though Manu was healthy back then, everyone here was predicting that due to the style of his play, agressive and physical, he would probably start breaking down early...

true