PDA

View Full Version : Party time at the White House

Crookshanks
04-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Obama orders pizza from St. Louis, Chicago miffed
2 hours ago

CHICAGO (AP) — The news is hitting Chicago deep dish pizza makers' eye like a big pizza pie.

President Barack Obama is having 140 people over to the White House Friday night for a some deep-dish pizza — St. Louis deep dish pizza.

It seems during his campaign he had pizza from a restaurant called Pi in St. Louis. That's the story Pi assistant manager Lindsey Tornetto tells.

Whatever happened, the restaurant says the owner and his partner packed dough, cheese and pizza pans in their suitcases and flew to Washington.

It all has Marc Malnati — owner of 30 Lou Malnati's Pizzarias in the Chicago area — shaking his head. He says he likes Obama's economic policy, but thinks the president's pizza policy should change.

Information from: Chicago Tribune, http://www.chicagotribune.com
=======================

You mean they don't have Domino's in D.C.? Times are tough - but hey, it's so nice to know our tax dollars are flying in Pizza Chefs just so the Pres can have a pizza party. :bang

ChumpDumper
04-10-2009, 05:45 PM
People are flown in to Washington to go to the White House all the time.

Have you been outraged every time it has happened?

baseline bum
04-10-2009, 05:54 PM
That's not a rational place to order from.

balli
04-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Lou Malnati's fucking sucks.

Blake
04-10-2009, 06:31 PM
You mean they don't have Domino's in D.C.? Times are tough - but hey, it's so nice to know our tax dollars are flying in Pizza Chefs just so the Pres can have a pizza party. :bang

why do you have so much hate in your cold dark heart

balli
04-10-2009, 06:50 PM
He may have used tax dollars, he may not have... but the article doesn't mention either way.

Considering the Obama's are using their own money to renovate the White House when every other incoming president has dropped $100,000, I think if it was billed to the taxpayer (I bet it wasn't) we can let it pass.

And I didn't see a garbage thread like this when Laura Bush dropped $493,000 on a couple sets of china two weeks before leaving the White house.

But who cares, again, Republicans are too stupid to put forth coherent criticism so if they want to keep attacking Obama over Ipods, Teleprompters and now where he's getting his fucking Pizza, I guess that's their own ass ignorant prerogative.

MiamiHeat
04-10-2009, 11:01 PM
dude, it's just a few thousand bucks to fly them out and pay them

he's the President. let him have his damn pizza