PDA

View Full Version : Yao ruled out for game against Warriors [foot]

Kai
04-10-2009, 08:48 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6368579.html

OAKLAND, Calif. - Rockets center Yao Ming was ruled out for Friday's game against the Golden State Warriors with a sore right foot.

Yao started feeling soreness after Wednesday's game against the Orlando Magic. X-rays were negative, and he played Thurday at Sacramento.

When he reported additional soreness after a pregame warmup Friday, the decision was made to hold him out of the game. It will be the fifth game he missed this season. Additional tests are planned for Saturday

Yao missed 35 games last season with a stress fracture in his left foot.

:(

sook
04-10-2009, 08:50 PM
LMFAO

Yao Ming done for the season with a stress fracture, I can already see it.

The rockets have the worst luck ever, we lose one of our best players for 3 wks due to a gunshot..and now this

balli
04-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Sucks for HOU, I can't say I'm a fan of the franchise, but this doesn't sound good, at. all. Hope it's nothing.

peskypesky
04-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Not again!!

Kai
04-10-2009, 08:52 PM
The good news is that Golden State is only suiting up 7 players tonight.

sook
04-10-2009, 08:53 PM
The good news is that Golden State is only suiting up 7 players tonight.

Yea but the gameplan was to foul out 3 of their players like last time, only this time, they would have to forfeit due to 4 players only

Kai
04-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Yea but the gameplan was to foul out 3 of their players like last time, only this time, they would have to forfeit due to 4 players only

Not a problem, we'll just get Mutombo to elbow 3 people.

sook
04-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Ok good then. But mutumbo gets raped by the warriors, we didn't start him vs them last year

sook
04-10-2009, 08:58 PM
It will SERIOUSLY suck if Yao misses the rest of the season and we goto the playoffs like this, we don't get a lottery pick and we lose in the 1st round....again.

noob cake
04-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Soreness, hmmm

Trainwreck2100
04-10-2009, 09:06 PM
it'll prob. be a stress reaction

GuerillaBlack
04-10-2009, 09:19 PM
LMFAO

Yao Ming done for the season with a stress fracture, I can already see it.

The rockets have the worst luck ever, we lose one of our best players for 3 wks due to a gunshot..and now this

Yep. This is the first thing that I thought.

IronMexican
04-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Drew gets hurt playing. Yao gets hurt by getting a cramp from jacking off.

The Franchise
04-10-2009, 10:42 PM
I don't think anything is wrong with Yao. This seems like a coaching tactic by Adelman. I think he may be forcing his team to focus on finding ways to score without Yao before the playoffs begin..... At least I hope. :depressed

Ghazi
04-10-2009, 10:45 PM
I hope this isn't serious :(, we need the Rockets to beat the Hornets on Monday.

sribb43
04-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Was T-mac in the building? he probably brought some voodoo shit to the team

Spursmania
04-10-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm sorry, but I am not surprised. I have always contended that I just don't think Yao has the stamina and strength to last a whole playoff series without getting hurt. Good Luck to Houston either way. Injuries just suck. The players just play too many regular season games and as a result, come playoff time a lot of players are hurting.

Indazone
04-11-2009, 12:06 AM
Deke was amazing tonight

10 pts 15 boards.

Ghazi
04-11-2009, 12:07 AM
That's what the good teams do, find ways to win games even w/o injuries.

Seeing it w/ the celtics minus KG

Saw it w/ the Lakers minus Bynum

Rockets beat Hornets and Warriors w/o Yao

Meanwhile the Hornet fans insist they're a dangerous team when Chandler, apparently the 2nd coming of Bill Russell despite his soft play and 8/8 statline, comes back.

GuerillaBlack
04-11-2009, 12:20 AM
Deke was amazing tonight

10 pts 15 boards.

Add in four blocks for Deke, too. :toast

Hemotivo
04-11-2009, 12:23 AM
scola was amazing

The Franchise
04-11-2009, 12:26 AM
scola was amazing

Yeah, but what else do you expect? :king

Indazone
04-11-2009, 12:28 AM
scola was amazing

Well anymore, that's just a given.

Update on Yao

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6368579.html

OAKLAND, Calif. - Rockets center Yao Ming sat out for Friday's game against the Golden State Warriors with a sore right foot.
Yao started feeling soreness during Tuesday's game against the Orlando Magic. X-rays were negative, and he played Thursday at Sacramento without difficulty. Additional tests are planned for today.
"The doctor checked it already," Yao said. "In two days, it will be fine.
"It’s not bad. We want to stop it before it gets bad. In the Orlando game it got sore. I played last game, but today it was sore."
Yao tested the foot on Friday, but when he reported soreness after a pregame warmup, the decision was made to hold him out of the game.
"You’re always concerned when it is him," Rockets trainer Keith Jones said. "He’s played with it the last two games. It’s just aggravating him. I told him today, ‘If it is sore at all, I don’t want you to try it.’ He said it was a little sore, so we’ll give it a rest.
"We X-rayed it the other night with our machine. We didn’t see anything. It doesn’t seem like it is a bone. It is ligament, tendon, I don’t know. We’ll figure it out."
The game was the fifth Yao has missed this season. Yao missed 35 games last season with a stress fracture in his left foot.
"Anytime you have anything come up like that, especially at this time of the year, I’m concerned," Rockets coach Rick Adelman said. "He’s had problems with his feet. Now is a tough time to come up with something. So we’re hoping it’s something that will just be a one-game thing and he’ll be back on Monday. You’re always concerned when you’re in this time of year and a player like that can’t play. Luckily, we have two days off."
Mutombo gets start
With Yao Ming out, Dikembe Mutombo got his second start of the season. He started March 16 when Yao was out with flu-like symptoms. He had played in just eight games, but twice in the previous four games to match up with Shaquille O’Neal and Dwight Howard.
"I just think it’s better for our rotation," Rockets coach Rick Adelman said. "It gives me Carl and Chuck to bring off the bench. That’s what we did last time this happened against New Orleans and it worked out pretty good.
"I like to keep Luis or Carl on the floor with Deke." [email protected] ([email protected])

Sounds like a minor injury to me. Knock on Wood.

DaDakota
04-11-2009, 12:33 AM
They were playing the Warriors who only had 7 guys, they rested Yao....I don't believe anything is wrong with him at all.

DD

Roxsfan
04-11-2009, 01:41 AM
They were playing the Warriors who only had 7 guys, they rested Yao....I don't believe anything is wrong with him at all.

DD

agreed. They needed to win this game to grab the 3 spot. If they just say Yao is sitting out the game, that would only give the GSWs more fire to beat the team that feels a W is automatic, so just sit Yao. This way, they disarm the gsws and still get 3 days rest for Yao. You saw how the pesky warriors were jacking 3s and almost stole the game..................