PDA

View Full Version : Joey Crawford officiating Spurs games..

HarlemHeat37
04-10-2009, 09:18 PM
this is an obvious thread, but it's getting ridiculous..how is the league allowing him to ref Spurs games?..

I'm honestly not exaggerating at all..if you look at ANY Spurs game since the Duncan incident, we're getting robbed by officials when Crawford is the ref..

the NBA has obviously lost credibility over the years, but they don't do themselves any favors with decisions like this..a ref gets into a widely publicized incident with a marquee player, yet they continue to allow that ref to officiate games where the player's team is involved..

the San Antonio media or the Spurs organization needs to continue to get on this, and make it known..send some tapes to the NBA..

Spursfan092120
04-10-2009, 09:19 PM
it's getting ridiculous..how is the league allowing him to ref Spurs games?..

I'm honestly not exaggerating at all..if you look at ANY Spurs game since the Duncan incident, we're getting robbed by officials when Crawford is the ref..

the NBA has obviously lost credibility over the years, but they don't do themselves any favors with decisions like this..a ref gets into a widely publicized incident with a marquee player, yet they continue to allow that ref to officiate games where the player's team is involved..
Damn right..I've been saying this for a while. Dude seriously needs to be banned from Spurs games...it's really bad that no one in the front office gets this.

Spurs Brazil
04-10-2009, 09:24 PM
this is an obvious thread, but it's getting ridiculous..how is the league allowing him to ref Spurs games?..

the San Antonio media or the Spurs organization needs to continue to get on this, and make it known..send some tapes to the NBA..

Agree 100%

Every games is the same shit. Spurs must do something

Creation88
04-10-2009, 09:27 PM
joey c can suck a dick.

duncan228
04-10-2009, 09:30 PM
It's been nothing short of disgusting. When the league allowed him to come back they should have not allowed him to ref Spurs games. If I remember right, at the time the league said that all refs had to be allowed to ref any game. They couldn't single him and the Spurs out. If that's the case he should not have been allowed to come back at all. He's proven over and over that he can't, or won't, call a Duncan game fairly.

:bang

Thomas82
04-10-2009, 09:34 PM
I agree with every post in this thread.

Creation88
04-10-2009, 09:39 PM
how many fucking fouls are going to be called in this game?

41 fouls
49 free throws

Spursfan092120
04-10-2009, 09:59 PM
As Sean said..it's unbelievable the calls that have been called in this game. Oh wait..nevermind..it's BELIEVABLE!! With this crew, anything's believable, and the officiating has been horrendous this whole game..horrible. That Marcus Williams call a minute ago giving the Jazz a free shot to get back in the game was the tip of the iceberg.

Budkin
04-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Joey Crawford should never have been allowed to ref again, period... he is a menace, plain and simple, and can't be trusted to be impartial.

benefactor
04-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Win...screw you Crawford.

Creation88
04-10-2009, 10:14 PM
51 fouls
68 FTs

unbelievable.

spurs_50_21
04-10-2009, 10:16 PM

yeah you are right about that ,i dread when he refs spur games

Spursmania
04-10-2009, 10:17 PM
I agree 1000% percent. The problem will be more evident when the bastard is called to ref a Spur playoff game. Really, the bias screwed calls Joey makes just pisses me off.

anonoftheinternets
04-10-2009, 10:19 PM
totally unnecessary thread, those last horrible calls were not made by joey C. It was teh other referee. Plus spurs had the advantage, 38 to 30. There were horrible calls both ways, and we got a few they got a few. They called a carry on Dwill for crying out loud. Whens the last time that happnd?????????

:flag: cmon guys we are better than that.

Thompson
04-10-2009, 10:24 PM
He should never ref a Spurs game, and he should never, ever, ever ref a playoff game. Like he did last year. When the NBA took the unusual step to say he blew a game-changing foul call on Barry (he was standing right next to it too, IIRC) that would have tied up our playoff series with the Lakers.

And they still let him ref our games. The NBA, where *#%@! happens.

anonoftheinternets
04-10-2009, 10:26 PM
He should never ref a Spurs game, and he should never, ever, ever ref a playoff game. Like he did last year. When the NBA took the unusual step to say he blew a game-changing foul on Barry that would have tied up our playoff series with the Lakers.

+1 that was a miserable call, and the NBA owes us a rematch for that one. But tonight really, he dint make the bad calls, teh other ref did. Plus the calls were equal boht ways.

TampaDude
04-10-2009, 10:27 PM
He should never ref a Spurs game, and he should never, ever, ever ref a playoff game. Like he did last year. When the NBA took the unusual step to say he blew a game-changing foul on Barry that would have tied up our playoff series with the Lakers.

The NBA...where Stern happens... :lol

anonoftheinternets
04-10-2009, 10:30 PM
The NBA...where Stern happens... :lol

well stern issues an apology at least. The clowns at bspn, were like "why is the nba apologising, it was a no call coz barry did not sell it hehehe :bang"

same bspn that accuses spurs of flopping.:bang i hate bspn.

Thomas82
04-10-2009, 10:34 PM
well stern issues an apology at least. The clowns at bspn, were like "why is the nba apologising, it was a no call coz barry did not sell it hehehe :bang"

same bspn that accuses spurs of flopping.:bang i hate bspn.

He did it to cover himself.

milkyway21
04-10-2009, 10:47 PM
It's been nothing short of disgusting. When the league allowed him to come back they should have not allowed him to ref Spurs games. If I remember right, at the time the league said that all refs had to be allowed to ref any game. They couldn't single him and the Spurs out. If that's the case he should not have been allowed to come back at all. He's proven over and over that he can't, or won't, call a Duncan game fairly.

:bang

I agree with you duncan228, it is DISGUSTING TO SEE JOEY CRAWFORD officiating a Spurs game.

If he'll officiate any of the Spurs games in the playoffs, I'd rather watch a movie and check for the results of who won the game later. After the Duncan incident losing homecourt adv it way just okay with me bec he was one of my respected refs in the NBA once, but that non call foul on Barry of game 5 of last yr's WC finals was just unforgivable and unforgetable...

crc21209
04-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Joey Crawford= trash. Him reffing Spurs games is just crap. The NBA could easily assign him other games on nights but noooo he just has to assign him to the San Antonio game. The Spurs would barely breathe on the Jazz...whistle. The Spurs..most notably TP would drive in..get hacked..no call.

underdawg
04-10-2009, 10:48 PM
I don't understand what the fuss is all about - Utah hardly ever fouls. Don't they have the least amount of fouls per game? Spurs have the highest right?

Stern should be a little less obvious about his ref mole, but he has to pull out all stops to get his prodigal son a championship this year given the opportunity that he blew last year.

TampaDude
04-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Joey Crawford= trash. Him reffing Spurs games is just crap. The NBA could easily assign him other games on nights but noooo he just has to assign him to the San Antonio game. The Spurs would barely breathe on the Jazz...whistle. The Spurs..most notably TP would drive in..get hacked..no call.

I'm sure Joey Crawford is a good ref...it's just that he hates Tim Duncan...he should not be allowed to ref any Spurs games.

Thomas82
04-10-2009, 11:22 PM
I'm sure Joey Crawford is a good ref...it's just that he hates Tim Duncan...he should not be allowed to ref any Spurs games.

I'm not!!

Spork KIller
04-10-2009, 11:33 PM

:cry :cry :cry

kobyz
04-10-2009, 11:41 PM
the spurs also need to do somthing about it!

kobyz
04-10-2009, 11:45 PM
the spurs need to get injunction from court of law against Joey Crawford ref their games. they have legitimate cause!

Spooky
04-10-2009, 11:59 PM
Pretty horrible crew of officials this game and others no doubt.

Muser
04-11-2009, 04:59 AM
He got fired over the Duncan incident, fair enough i'd allow him to be re-hired, but there should be something in his contract that prevents spurs games after it.

MrChug
04-11-2009, 07:41 AM
:cry :cry :cry

Isn't that what you've been doing since getting eliminated from the playoffs? :downspin: loser

...and FUCK Joey the midget Crawford.

FromWayDowntown
04-11-2009, 10:22 AM
I thought Joey made a couple of fairly questionable calls last night, and I think in general he's proven himself to be a petty old man.

With that said, Eric Lewis (#42) was atrocious last night and far more of a concern from an officiating standpoint than Joey was. Lewis might actually be the worst official in the league right now -- it's at least a close call between him and Gary Zielinski.

But more to the point, last night proves what I've always said: bad officiating doesn't decide games. Teams that play hard and execute can (and should) win games even when the officiating is bad.

td4mvp21
04-11-2009, 10:36 AM
I agree 100%. Fuck the NBA with its whole "our NBA officials are honorable" stance. Yeah, that's why one of them bet on games and had a fucking gambling problem. Joey Crawford is a HUMAN, not a fucking robot and if he has a problem with a player, chances are, subconsciously, he isn't going to give that player or his team any fair treatment. The Duncan incident got him publicly criticized and suspended; it was his arrogance and pride that started that incident in the first place, how do you think his ego felt after the public humiliation? It's common sense. If the NBA had any ounce of credibility it would not allow him to referee Spurs games. Instead, the league likes to pretend like nothing is wrong. That's bullshit. To me, that's being dishonest. It's the same with Jack Nies.

Fundamentalist
04-11-2009, 11:02 AM
The "W" mattered. No matter how screwed up the officiating was.

SpursDynasty
04-11-2009, 03:03 PM
I still don't know how the league allowed Crawford to officiate Game 5 with the Lakers last year. Crucial game, ended with a crucial non-call. Gee I wonder who one of the refs was.

SpursDynasty
04-11-2009, 03:08 PM
I still don't know how the league allowed Crawford to officiate Game 5 with the Lakers last year. Crucial game, ended with a crucial non-call. Gee I wonder who one of the refs was.

Correction Game 4.

Mel_13
04-11-2009, 03:24 PM
I thought Joey made a couple of fairly questionable calls last night, and I think in general he's proven himself to be a petty old man.

With that said, Eric Lewis (#42) was atrocious last night and far more of a concern from an officiating standpoint than Joey was. Lewis might actually be the worst official in the league right now -- it's at least a close call between him and Gary Zielinski.

But more to the point, last night proves what I've always said: bad officiating doesn't decide games. Teams that play hard and execute can (and should) win games even when the officiating is bad.

Absolutely right about Eric Lewis. I watch a lot of games on LP and he is constantly called out by announcers around the league. No other ref in the league draws as many negative comments as this guy and its not even close.

dbreiden83080
04-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Crawford has no business reffing games in the NBA period anymore. He went into a game with a personal axe to grind with a specific player. He saw an oppurtunity to toss this player out of a game, thus greatly effecting the games outcome and he took it. Crawford didn't care about the game one bit when he threw Duncan out. He did it, because he doesn't like him and saw a chance to stick it to him.. The league suspended him immediately for his conduct it was so obvious and offensive. It's the same thing as an ump, calling 3 bad strikes that are balls on purpose because they hate the batter that stepped in the box.. You pull something like that and you should be done for good. Find a new line of work..

spurastic
04-11-2009, 03:58 PM

Agree. Altho, I fear Joey's revenge more when he officates in the Playoffs.

shelshor
04-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Absolutely right about Eric Lewis. I watch a lot of games on LP and he is constantly called out by announcers around the league. No other ref in the league draws as many negative comments as this guy and its not even close.

Eric Lewis & Gary Zielinski get my vote for worst in the NBA

FromWayDowntown
04-11-2009, 05:01 PM

I'm not sure that any official in the league guesses as much as Lewis does. It's as if he thinks there should be a foul or isn't really sure what he saw, but decides he'd better call something. But a disturbingly high percentage of the time, what he calls can't be supported by what actually happened.

It's a fortunate thing that Lewis is still not permitted to call playoff games; it's an unfortunate thing that the league has allowed Lewis to continue calling games without demonstrable improvement over the last few seasons.

FromWayDowntown
04-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Crawford has no business reffing games in the NBA period anymore.

I agree that Joey was badly in the wrong in 2006 with Duncan and I think the league has admitted as much by suspending him thereafter. I don't agree, however, that Joey should be forever excluded from calling games. While I think he's been unprofessional in his manner after the Duncan incident, the truth of the matter is that there are few people who are better game callers/play callers than Joey Crawford. He's technically strong and he's probably among the most accurate officials in the game. It's probably not in the league's best interest to push away one of the most accurate officials it has, even if there is fairly clear evidence that the official's professionalism leaves much to be desired.

I don't think the solution is excluding Joey.

dbreiden83080
04-11-2009, 06:41 PM
I agree that Joey was badly in the wrong in 2006 with Duncan and I think the league has admitted as much by suspending him thereafter. I don't agree, however, that Joey should be forever excluded from calling games. While I think he's been unprofessional in his manner after the Duncan incident, the truth of the matter is that there are few people who are better game callers/play callers than Joey Crawford. He's technically strong and he's probably among the most accurate officials in the game. It's probably not in the league's best interest to push away one of the most accurate officials it has, even if there is fairly clear evidence that the official's professionalism leaves much to be desired.

I don't think the solution is excluding Joey.

I think my problem is the integrity of the official should count as much as the mechanics and his ability to call the game. Stern has had issues in the past with Crawford, in terms of his court conduct. The Duncan situation was so blatant and wrong, i can't say "Well he's a great official, so we'll reprimand him and bring him back" As it stands that was just a reg season game. But what if he pulled something like that in a playoff game or god forbid a finals game?? You can't trust an official when a situation like that occurs to never act in that manner again. And you certainly don't want questions and media controversy over what is viewed as controversial calls by said official putting his past under the microscope again.. When you assign a crew there needs to be no doubt as to their court conduct being 100% on the level. We can't say that for Crawford, he threw that away.. Maybe the league neesds better training methods to see to it, their on court ability matches their conduct and behavior..

Budkin
04-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Since the NBA has without a doubt the worst refs in all of pro sports, there has to be some way to counter the bad calls. I'm not sure what it is... challenges, replay... what the hell could be done? How about scrap all of them and start over with an all new staff that is actually trained?

jonnybravo
04-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Which game are you guys talking about?

Didn't the Spurs outshoot the Jazz by a healthy amount? TP alone got to the line 17 times...

jonnybravo
04-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Which game are you guys talking about?

Didn't the Spurs outshoot the Jazz by a healthy amount? TP alone got to the line 17 times...

superbigtime
04-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Joey Crawford sucks ass. Die you pig.

manu
05-16-2013, 02:36 PM
:bang oh boiii here we go again...smh

GSH
05-16-2013, 09:25 PM

I'm going to disagree with you on that one:

Slap 2 quick fouls on a critical player, and force the coach to put him on the bench for most of the first half. Hit him with his third and fourth in the first few minutes of the second half. THAT can decide a game.
NBA basketball is most often a game of runs. Every time one team starts to go on an offensive run, call a few charges, maybe a travelling violation (even though that almost NEVER gets called), or a couple of moving screens (ditto), and shut down their momentum. THAT can decide a game.
Designate one player as being "untouchable", and every time someone tries to defend him, blow a whistle. It helps if that player is already a prolific scorer, so there can be lots of and-1's. Force the other team to back off of him on defense, or risk fouling players out. THAT can decide a game.
Call a bunch of ticky-tack fouls on one team early in every quarter, and put the other in the bonus early four times. Even if the whistles even out later, THAT can decide a game.

But as bad as Joey Crawford is against the Spurs, it's Dan Crawford's record against the Mavs that just makes me shake my head. For a stretch of several years, the Mavs were about .500 in playoff games. But in games officiated by Dan Crawford, they were 1-16. I don't care how David Stern spins things publicly. He had to look at that and know that something was not right.

bbarry
05-16-2013, 10:45 PM
well so far i'd say that joe crawford has had zero impact on the spurs performance... and also, I think he may have called 2-3 PF against the Spurs so far.

lefty
05-17-2013, 12:58 AM
lol

iminol
05-17-2013, 03:47 AM
http://iminol.w.interii.pl/joeycrawford.jpg

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/006/e/6/heil_hitler_by_philippbouhler-d5qm1i0.jpg

Find the 3 differences between these 2 pictures.

chapnis
05-17-2013, 04:09 AM
He was fine tonight.

lefty
05-17-2013, 04:10 AM
http://iminol.w.interii.pl/joeycrawford.jpg

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/006/e/6/heil_hitler_by_philippbouhler-d5qm1i0.jpg

Find the 3 differences between these 2 pictures.

3 black people