PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic Coaching tonight

hhml
04-11-2009, 12:18 AM
A couple of points I want to make:

1. Down 3 with about 1 min to go and the Lakers went and forced a deep contested 3, followed by a foul with about 42 seconds to go when you don't need to, giving them FTs and making it a 2 possession game. Then next trip you have Fish force another contested 3 and instead of fouling immediately at this point, they allow 9 seconds to run off before they foul. Then near the end when they HAD to have a 3, they go for a 2 instead. Just dumb.

2. Playing Luke too much when he clearly wasn't effective tonight. Putting Ariza in at the end when he's done nothing (both defensively and offensively). Taking Shannon Brown out when he's playing well and was perfect from the field and replacing him with Fisher, who's been completely off the past couple of games.

3. Pau Gasol cannot guard Lamarcus at all. Brandon Roy is unguardable. He killed us tonight and was getting any shots he wanted. Playing Oden 1 on 1 but allowing him to get deep position. Sure he's not good offensively but he's freaking strong. All he has to do is back his man in and shoot a layup or dunk.

4. Do the Lakers ever contest shots? Every time I watch them they allow anyone who's in the paint to shoot an uncontested shot. They don't even jump to contest! Same thing around the perimeter. They also allowed a lot of open shots to the Blazers.

They had a chance to win this game and blew it. Kiss HCA goodbye now.

TheMACHINE
04-11-2009, 12:21 AM
dont forget calling a timeout with 51 seconds left for no reason when down 3...wtf was that

IronMexican
04-11-2009, 12:21 AM
I still don't see Cleveland getting passed Boston. I'd love to be wrong.

Banzai
04-11-2009, 12:23 AM
lol @ Rambis

hhml
04-11-2009, 12:30 AM
Not to mention the ridiculous reffing tonight. 37-20 FTs in favor of the Blazers. It's like the game yesterday except this time the Blazers are on the receiving end of the calls. Refs were calling fouls a lot against the Lakers...frustrating game to watch. I just wish refs would call it fairly instead of giving home team the advantage.

tlongII
04-11-2009, 12:36 AM
How's Phil's foot anyway? Fucking puss.

Def Rowe
04-11-2009, 12:38 AM
How's Phil's foot anyway? Fucking puss.

This guy is obsessed with the Lakers.

The Gemini Method
04-11-2009, 01:17 AM
You'd swear tlong's team won the NBA title tonight or something. Not a very gracious winner, but that's expected coming from a fan of a team that last won a championship when GM actually mattered. It's a shame neither team can win on each other's home court this year. Let the playoffs commence before you run the mouth.

DrHouse
04-11-2009, 01:42 AM
Watching Rambis tonight makes me hope and pray Jerry Buss was thinking the same thing I was.

That man should never be considered for the head coaching job when Phil leaves.

spursfan1000
04-11-2009, 01:59 AM
Haha its funny watchin a Lakers fan talkin shit about the lakers coachin

HANNIBAL SMITH
04-11-2009, 02:02 AM
That was possibly the dumbest I've seen the Lakers play all season. We could've of milked that Kobe and Pau pick and roll all fucking day if we wanted too down the stretch, yet we decided to Jack up three after three when we were only down 2.Thank goodness this type of foolishness the Lakers displayed wont happen in the playoffs. Lakers are just destined to lose in Portland int he regular season, nothing goes right for us while nothing cant go wrong for the Blazers.