PDA

View Full Version : Why do white people like rappers who scoff celebrities?

Cant_Be_Faded
04-11-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm a purist when it comes to my hiphop. I see hiphop as an art. Hiphop, like all music, should be treated like fine wine.

So I can't help but wonder, at what point did rappers become pop stars? And why, after crossing that point, do white people love rappers who scoff celebrities like Christina Aguilera, Tony Romo, and Jessica Simpson?

Why is that seen as a good thing? Something worth spending money on?

Welcome to Crazy World.

:smchode:

jack sommerset
04-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Trying to get noticed.

Summers
04-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Because ghetto rap scares us?

GEICO Caveman
04-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Fuck you and your hip hop i said.

marini martini
04-11-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm a purist when it comes to my hiphop. I see hiphop as an art. Hiphop, like all music, should be treated like fine wine.

You can keep that crap in the dark basement!:lol

Winehole23
04-11-2009, 11:20 AM

So I can't help but wonder, at what point did rappers become pop stars? And why, after crossing that point, do white people love rappers who scoff celebrities like Christina Aguilera, Tony Romo, and Jessica Simpson?

Why is that seen as a good thing? Something worth spending money on?

Welcome to Crazy World.

:smchode:Run DMC, right? I mean, Sugarhill Gang was huge, but that was pre-MTV, so those guys didn't become pop icons.

Back in the eighties in Austin, going to UT, the frat boys loved rap mainly for the violence and misogyny, and hipsters mainly to show their *multicultural* cred. Hip-hop was still edgy and chic. Now it's just another flavor of pop. How times change.

Fermixalot
04-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Hip hop has devolved into less than a shadow of its former self. Eminem has skill, but yet he's pressured (and gives in) to make "singles" that will appeal to the mainstream. Mainstream music is the problem. It kills creativity since all artists are trying to do is come up with a catchy new hook.

The only hip-hop I listen to nowadays is from years ago. Black Star (Mos Def and Talib Kweli), Bone Thugs and Harmony, and Nas (Illmatic and God's Son).

There are a few bright spots in modern hip-hop, but you have to look further than the mainstream to find it, because corporate America has bastardized hip-hop into the new version of club music from the 90s.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-11-2009, 11:23 AM
I'm not saying I listen to run dmc and sugarhill gang. But I appreciate an MC who actually tries to say something meaningful, backed by beats that aren't of a mold that is setting it up for mass play at clubs.

Not "MCs" who hate on Moby because he's old and noone listens to Techno.

J.T.
04-11-2009, 11:32 AM

Good one, Eminem.

CuckingFunt
04-11-2009, 11:40 AM
This appears clearly a reference to Eminem specifically, and I know just as many black people who like him as I do while people.

baseline bum
04-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Hip Hop lost its soul when it removed the DJ from the equation during the mid 90s, and used simplistic studio beats instead of samples. The radio shit from 50-Cent on I don't consider hip hop. Hip hop is about having intricate lyrics, not lame R&B hooks... and Eminem is a great rapper. He's maybe the most talented lyricist to come out in the last 10 years.

InRareForm
04-11-2009, 12:59 PM
there are plenty of quality underground rappers that fit your mold these days.

there are also plenty of producers that are keeping hip hop going, it is just mainly underground.

mavs>spurs2
04-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Lol you always use the lamest eminem pop crossover songs when you hate on eminem, or maybe im thinking of 4cc or both. Why not judge him by his old freestyles and work from back in the day, or have you even heard any of it? Guys a lyrical mastermind, but you aren't going to find it in that new bullshit song of his

mavs>spurs2
04-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Listen to his verse in this song

MhgyJpqwbKY

InRareForm
04-11-2009, 01:05 PM
eminem stint is always the same. He puts out a pop video just to get attention and sales. It works. THen when it comes to the rest of the album, there are songs that are actually pretty good (except for Encore, that cd was garbage).

But Slim Shady LP, Marshall Mathers LP, and The eminem show all great cd's.

resistanze
04-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Renegade w/ Royce da 5'9 is prolly his greatest verse of all-time.

Eminem is good, but he's 2x as overrated as 2Pac. If he died today, he'd be canonized.

mavs>spurs2
04-11-2009, 01:08 PM

Eminem is good, but he's 2x as overrated as 2Pac. If he died today, he'd be canonized.

:lol No, it's just a popular song with a decent verse that I thought of off the top of my head. His best work probably isn't on any cd.

dirk4mvp
04-11-2009, 01:09 PM
doesn't the mookie crew love eminem radio hits?

mavs>spurs2
04-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Enjoy

m6wVKyRrTTs

InRareForm
04-11-2009, 01:15 PM

Verse from Infinite is the winner, IMO.

How is he overrated? Sure later in his career you can say that, but for his entire career, that is just dumb to say.

mavs>spurs2
04-11-2009, 01:20 PM

:tu That whole cd was badass

f2ne2nZzqJ8

SA210
04-11-2009, 01:23 PM
eminem stint is always the same. He puts out a pop video just to get attention and sales. It works. THen when it comes to the rest of the album, there are songs that are actually pretty good (except for Encore, that cd was garbage).

But Slim Shady LP, Marshall Mathers LP, and The eminem show all great cd's.

resistanze
04-11-2009, 01:36 PM
:lol No, it's just a popular song with a decent verse that I thought of off the top of my head. His best work probably isn't on any cd.

Renegade isn't really popular, unless you mean because it was on Jay-Z's album. And Em just recycled his verses from the original with Royce. I've listened to most of Em's LPs/EPs/mixtapes, so it's not like I don't appreciate his work.

How is he overrated? Sure later in his career you can say that, but for his entire career, that is just dumb to say.
Hated Em's delivery on Infinite, but to each his own.

Overrated in the sense that him moreso than anyone else is causally called the greatest emcee ever, or of this decade, or of this generation. I doubt he'd crack my top 10 (maybe top 15).

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-11-2009, 01:38 PM
I liked when he sang with Elton John and held his hand. Gangsta.

whottt
04-11-2009, 02:07 PM
I don't like most celebrities or rappers or most musicians for that matter since they are all pretty much celebrities to me.

I like the ones that talk the least the most.

What do I win?

baseline bum
04-11-2009, 02:56 PM

I don't think it would happen with Eminem. Pac was putting out some of his best work immediately before his death. In the span of about two years he had three (really four) incredible albums: Me Against the World, All Eyez on Me, and Makaveli. All Eyez on Me is one of the very few double albums in the history of hip hop that had enough decent material, much less legendary material, to fill two discs. He didn't have Rakim's (or even Eminem's) lyrical skill, but in those three albums he was a tortured soul torn between multiple personalities that really spoke to people. You could see hints of that in his first two albums with songs like Brenda's Got a Baby and Keep Ya Head Up, but those last albums (especially Me Against the World) are the ones he really laid it all out. Those three albums are the work he's almost always remembered for, and it's hard to think he wouldn't have put out some more classic work had he not been murdered. Eminem's work after 8-Mile hasn't really compared well to his work before and including it.

Chris
04-11-2009, 03:00 PM
i liked when he sang with elton john and held his hand. Gangsta.

roflmao

timvp
04-11-2009, 03:22 PM
eminem stint is always the same. He puts out a pop video just to get attention and sales. It works. THen when it comes to the rest of the album, there are songs that are actually pretty good (except for Encore, that cd was garbage).Exactly. If you judge eminem just by his pop hits then you'd think he's a douche but some of his album ish is actually pretty good. I'm not a huge fan because he can go overboard on his emo-ness but there's no doubt he's talented.

Listen to his verse in this song

MhgyJpqwbKY:lmao I love that song.

Jay-Z did the lyrical equivalent of grabbing his ankles. Eminem's verses were top notch while Jay-Z dropped verses that would be rejected on Sesame Street. That one song encapsulates why Jay-Z is the most overrated artist of the last two decades.

baseline bum
04-11-2009, 03:28 PM
That one song encapsulates why Jay-Z is the most overrated artist of the last two decades.

I don't think anything encapsulates Jay-Z's being overrated as badly as people thinking Reasonable Doubt was a top 10 album and Can't Knock the Hustle a classic track though.

chode_regulator
04-11-2009, 04:42 PM
I like the ones that talk the least the most.

Agreed. I hate more how musicians feel taht their job is to get their political point across outside of music. Like Bono, I hate that douche

DAF86
04-11-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm not saying I listen to run dmc and sugarhill gang. But I appreciate an MC who actually tries to say something meaningful, backed by beats that aren't of a mold that is setting it up for mass play at clubs.

So when you say "rappers" you really mean "Eminem".

Have you heard Em's songs besides the "singles" he puts on MTV? He's more than just celebrity bashing.

With that said, Em's new single is just awful. After beign out for a while I thought he was going to cut with the "funny comercial first single" thing.

DAF86
04-11-2009, 04:54 PM
I'm not a huge fan because he can go overboard on his emo-ness but there's no doubt he's talented.

Usually I think the same way but my favorite Eminem's song is "Rock Bottom" and that's as emo as it gets.

fWYopag1hSU

baseline bum
04-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Agreed. I hate more how musicians feel taht their job is to get their political point across outside of music. Like Bono, I hate that douche

Hip hop has been political since The Furious Five dropped The Message.

resistanze
04-11-2009, 08:05 PM
I don't think it would happen with Eminem. Pac was putting out some of his best work immediately before his death. In the span of about two years he had three (really four) incredible albums: Me Against the World, All Eyez on Me, and Makaveli. All Eyez on Me is one of the very few double albums in the history of hip hop that had enough decent material, much less legendary material, to fill two discs. He didn't have Rakim's (or even Eminem's) lyrical skill, but in those three albums he was a tortured soul torn between multiple personalities that really spoke to people. You could see hints of that in his first two albums with songs like Brenda's Got a Baby and Keep Ya Head Up, but those last albums (especially Me Against the World) are the ones he really laid it all out. Those three albums are the work he's almost always remembered for, and it's hard to think he wouldn't have put out some more classic work had he not been murdered. Eminem's work after 8-Mile hasn't really compared well to his work before and including it.

I agree with that, admittedly I was using hyperbole. I should've said "when Em was at the height of his popularity".

The point I wanted to get across is I'd never heard any rapper been called the G.O.A.T. as much as Em was 6-7 years ago. Additionally, Em may be the only person who had hardcore fans they know all his music but have limited knowledge on hip-hop is general.

I don't think anything encapsulates Jay-Z's being overrated as badly as people thinking Reasonable Doubt was a top 10 album and Can't Knock the Hustle a classic track though.
People like Can't knock the hustle? :lol

I honestly don't think Jay-Z is overrated. Maybe by himself, but he is what he is. He has supreme talent when he decides to use it, but spent the better half of his career releasing bullshit. But he wanted to get rich, and that's what he did.

tp2021
04-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Hip Hop lost its soul when it removed the DJ from the equation during the mid 90s, and used simplistic studio beats instead of samples. The radio shit from 50-Cent on I don't consider hip hop. Hip hop is about having intricate lyrics, not lame R&B hooks... and Eminem is a great rapper. He's maybe the most talented lyricist to come out in the last 10 years.

ANd I expect more from him than what he gives in "We Made You." The beat just clashes with his delivery so blatantly, but even then the lyrics are shit. At least back with "My Name Is" and "the Real Slim Shady" he had something to say. This new one is shit.... just a bunch of crap about celebrities that he makes rhyme. Very disappointed, and I hope this isn't an indicator that the new album will be more like Encore. Less "Just Lose It" and more "Mosh" as far as comparisons to the last album goes.

mookie2001
04-11-2009, 08:59 PM
you never anyone say youre just listening to the radio tribe called quest, or youre talking about wu-tangs singles!

MannyIsGod
04-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Hip hop has been political since The Furious Five dropped The Message.

jUz2L0-I5Hg

Fillmoe
04-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Dont compare Em to PAC

phyzik
04-12-2009, 01:11 AM
My question is, why does ANYONE like ANY rapper? Seriously. No talent involved. Come up with some rhyming words that all fucking suck and as long as it has a good computer created (or ripped off) synthisized beat, stupid motherfuckers will listen.

No talent required at all. No insturmental requirements, no vocal requirements, nothing at all. Just come up with something about beating up bitches, fucking hoes, losing homies or killing cops and you've got a hit record.

baseline bum
04-12-2009, 01:26 AM
My question is, why does ANYONE like ANY rapper? Seriously. No talent involved. Come up with some rhyming words that all fucking suck and as long as it has a good computer created (or ripped off) synthisized beat, stupid motherfuckers will listen.

No talent required at all. No insturmental requirements, no vocal requirements, nothing at all. Just come up with something about beating up bitches, fucking hoes, losing homies or killing cops and you've got a hit record.

Rap has the most intricate lyrics of any form of music ever created.

InRareForm
04-12-2009, 01:36 AM

What you are talking about is radio rap. You have no idea about the huge genre that hip hop is behind the radio.

that being said, you can shut the fuck up now.

MannyIsGod
04-12-2009, 01:38 AM

You mean you could come up with that rap I posted above? Yeah fucking right.

Kriz-Maxima
04-12-2009, 02:14 AM

Nothing could be farther from the truth. Rap is timed, tongue twisting poetry about life. At least good rap.

resistanze
04-12-2009, 08:52 AM

Well, you probably think striking 2 power chords, growling like a lion with esophageal cancer and screaming about death and satanic pentagrams requires talent.

balli
04-12-2009, 09:36 AM

Lame & clueless fucking post right here. :rolleyes

spurs_50_21
04-12-2009, 10:42 AM

So I can't help but wonder, at what point did rappers become pop stars?

it is all about the money its called hip pop now,keep in mind there all fake made up charecters,none of them lived the life they claimed thats why it so easy for them to cross over and sell out because thats what they were in the first place,hip pop is like some head on commercial,they repeat the same phrase over and over to get stuck in your head ,it is standard practice,all you need is to recycle some one else song then add a catchy hook that repeats it self over and over and you got a hit

here are some examples

jay z
beyonce
mike jones who mike jones lol

spurs_50_21
04-12-2009, 10:46 AM

2pac owns,your crazy

TDMVPDPOY
04-12-2009, 11:10 AM
ice ice baby

Whisky Dog
04-12-2009, 11:54 PM
Talking a lot of bullshit really fast passes for talent these days. That micro machines spokesman from back in the day should have just talked a lot of shit about tipper gore, slapped it on an album, and sold it to lost souls with a terrible ear for music like a lot of you here.

I like some hip hop, but I would never consider it music. It's novelty.

MannyIsGod
04-13-2009, 12:08 AM
Talking a lot of bullshit really fast passes for talent these days. That micro machines spokesman from back in the day should have just talked a lot of shit about tipper gore, slapped it on an album, and sold it to lost souls with a terrible ear for music like a lot of you here.

I like some hip hop, but I would never consider it music. It's novelty.

What exactly is your definition of music?

J.T.
04-13-2009, 12:15 AM
I have friends whiter than Mrs. Bairds who can flow better than what Jay Z has made his fortune on.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-13-2009, 12:19 AM
Keep away from radio gza songs, but his non radio stuff is so soo talented.

Get it? Because noone's ever said that sentence? And it would make gza look like a total douchebag if they did?

j-6
04-13-2009, 12:33 AM
I want Donald Trump and NBC to do a rapper Celebrity Apprentice. Then the rappers don't have to talk about celebrities to gain an occasional fifteen minutes of fame and the white people can gather at the water cooler on Monday morning and know who they are instead of referencing "the black guy that scoffed the coked-out-gossip-whore-starlet."

A thirty minute show on the Food Network with their doting grandma may work too. White people love that kind of bullshit.

timvp
04-13-2009, 12:55 AM
Keep away from radio gza songs, but his non radio stuff is so soo talented.

Get it? Because noone's ever said that sentence? And it would make gza look like a total douchebag if they did?That's also why GZA is broke. Like most any kinda of music, you don't get rich unless you market it to the 13-year-old female crowd. That's especially true now that most every other demographic will just download the ish.

Radio rap is solely made to make money. There are those who rap just for the artform itself but I can't hate on someone trying to actually make money off of a talent. That'd be unAmerican, bru.

mavs>spurs2
04-13-2009, 01:58 AM
no no, you're just listening to RADIO eminem

his underground shit was gangsta!

You're a closed minded douche you probably never heard infinite or any of his good work. You just despise hip hop because you think its "gangsta!" as you say and maybe some gangsters gangbanged your mom, it's okay I'm pretty sure eminem wasn't one of them considering he's never been in a gang. Or maybe you always wanted to be a gangster but couldn't because you're a nerdy white kid, and you're jealous because eminem is also white but people still find him cool. Either way, you're lame, eminem > you.

tp2021
04-13-2009, 02:26 AM
You're a closed minded douche you probably never heard infinite or any of his good work. You just despise hip hop because you think its "gangsta!" as you say and maybe some gangsters gangbanged your mom, it's okay I'm pretty sure eminem wasn't one of them considering he's never been in a gang. Or maybe you always wanted to be a gangster but couldn't because you're a nerdy white kid, and you're jealous because eminem is also white but people still find him cool. Either way, you're lame, eminem > you.

This whole post is freakin hilarious

mavs>spurs2
04-13-2009, 03:00 PM
This one came out 2006-2007ish, proving he's still got it. I think the rest of his new cd will be back to the old stuff, now that he's released his 2 radio songs.

D5L7FsyV2l8

Kermit
04-13-2009, 03:28 PM
I don't know what's funnier, the horrible radio songs that Em is putting out now or the people defending him by referencing shit he's done years ago. You can't make winners all the time. Sooner or later you either lose the fire or run out of things to say (and say them well).

mavs>spurs2
04-13-2009, 03:51 PM
I don't know what's funnier, the horrible radio songs that Em is putting out now or the people defending him by referencing shit he's done years ago. You can't make winners all the time. Sooner or later you either lose the fire or run out of things to say (and say them well).

I agree to an extent, but he also put out horrible radio songs when he was at his peak. It's all part of his marketing scheme. I'm just not counting him out just yet, simply because while what you said is true, I think he's been away long enough that he's thought of some more things to say.

DarkReign
04-13-2009, 04:00 PM
I remember a few years back I had it out with the hip-hop-heads about rap not being music, bla bla bla.

But then really, who was being ignorant, them or me?

Live and let live, I guess. Rap/Hip-hop/wtf ever died for me in about 1994 (dont fucking quote me, my memory sucks). Everything after that sucks, in my book. I still isten to EZ-E, Biggie (not that Notorius BIG bullshit), Pac, NWA, Public Enemy and RunDMC from time to time, but thats more a connection with my youth than trying to appreciate the genre.

Back then, they had something to say and a reason for saying it. Now, its just like any other form of music....Made for Consumption. And consume they do...

smeagol
04-13-2009, 06:29 PM
I never liked rap . . .

Rip-Hamilton32
04-13-2009, 06:45 PM
chamillionaire is gonna release the best rap album of 09 watch out for Venom

dirk4mvp
04-13-2009, 06:46 PM

Yes he is :tu

mavs>spurs2
04-13-2009, 07:49 PM

:tu Chamillionaire is a beast

Booharv
04-13-2009, 09:42 PM
How do you scoff a celebrity?

Cant_Be_Faded
04-14-2009, 01:21 AM
LOL @ all you emenim sympathizer doucherettes trying to stick up for the guy

Okay, I get it. He puts out shitty songs and scoffs celebrities so he can make money. He's a whore. No better than the bitch ass slutbag the Shamwow guy beat up. Except this fucker hasn't got his beatdown yet. And if he did? I'd give that guy a record deal.

mavs>spurs2
04-14-2009, 02:17 AM
LOL @ all you emenim sympathizer doucherettes trying to stick up for the guy

Okay, I get it. He puts out shitty songs and scoffs celebrities so he can make money. He's a whore. No better than the bitch ass slutbag the Shamwow guy beat up. Except this fucker hasn't got his beatdown yet. And if he did? I'd give that guy a record deal.

You wouldn't put out a shitty song or two in order to get rich? Get outta here..

I could honestly care less what radio pop bullshit he puts out, as I stopped listening to the radio around 2003. I still like the majority of his work and he's still highly regarded in the industry, I doubt if your opinion makes a difference.

E20
04-14-2009, 06:10 PM
CBF's bizzaro world counterpart:

oawHc8OD6_I

E20
04-14-2009, 06:15 PM
I'm sorry but I just have to post his thoughs on Soulja Boy.

3zGl0xQmnhc

DarkReign
04-14-2009, 06:57 PM
...those are really hard to watch.

timvp
04-14-2009, 07:45 PM
:lol @ CBF getting chode bloaded by his own radio.

chode_regulator
04-14-2009, 09:31 PM
I never liked rap . . .

I stopped listening to the radio around 2003.

I hope one day I can be cool

Cant_Be_Faded
04-14-2009, 11:20 PM
eminem's a whore and his talent is as overbloated as the Sooners bcs ranking in 08.

tp2021
04-14-2009, 11:23 PM
CBF's bizzaro world counterpart:

oawHc8OD6_I

Hearing him talk in front of a South Park poster just reminds me of Kyle's jewy cousin.

mavs>spurs2
04-14-2009, 11:33 PM
I hope one day I can be cool

You can son, the first step is to get out of that little click you guys have going..

Cant_Be_Faded
04-14-2009, 11:35 PM
Dude I bet you a hundred pesos I can own you at Beavis and Butthead trivia
Eminem's high pitched justin timberlake voice fucking sucks. Stick to your roots not your suits motherfucker

mavs>spurs2
04-14-2009, 11:44 PM
:lol @ cartoon smack and I'm not even sure what that last comment is supposed to mean.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-14-2009, 11:54 PM
What the name Beavis gave to the doctor he saw when he thought he had rabies?

mavs>spurs2
04-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Cheese and Crackers?

mavs>spurs2
Mockingbird?

mavs>spurs2
Hailey?

Cant_Be_Faded
04-15-2009, 12:02 AM
Last name Munch
First name Rodney

you are undeserving of your avatar. go listen to a high pitched cookie cutter rap about britney spears

mavs>spurs2
04-15-2009, 12:24 AM
Last name Munch
First name Rodney

you are undeserving of your avatar. go listen to a high pitched cookie cutter rap about britney spears

Eminem has his own unique style, far from "cookie cutter rap." No one puts together multiple complex syllables like Eminem and the fact that you've only heard songs of his mentioning Britney Spears only confirms what we've been saying all along.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-15-2009, 12:31 AM
complex syllables eh?

mavs>spurs2
04-15-2009, 12:32 AM
complex syllables eh?

douche much?

monosylab1k
04-15-2009, 01:02 AM
First off, Eminem hasn't made anything decent since The Marshall Mathers LP. Second, I kinda agree with CBF here. The fact that Eminem whores himself to 13 year old girls with his shitty singles kinda negates everything else. He's everything he claims to criticize with his "radio songs". So you can't lend any credibility to his non-radio songs or whatever.

Plus at this point all his non-radio stuff is all manufactured crap too. He's got his 3 radio hits, 1 or 2 "political" songs, a couple songs bitching about his mom, a couple more bitching about Kim, his one song where he throws a bone at his D-12 lackeys, a Ken Kaniff skit or two, and that's a wrap on his prepackaged hip hop albums.

The guy can come up with some really clever stuff tho. And back when he actually tried, he was a damn good rapper.

Honestly I got alot more respect for a guy like 50 Cent. 50 is all about the money, makes his music solely to make money, puts out the same crap every album, couldn't care less about integrity or street cred or anything, he's out to make money and he doesn't give a fuck what you think about it. He's gonna take every penny of that 13 year old white girl's allowance, and do it gladly. His music is shit, but he's not pretending to be something he's not.

Trainwreck2100
04-15-2009, 01:07 AM
First off, Eminem hasn't made anything decent since The Marshall Mathers LP. Second, I kinda agree with CBF here. The fact that Eminem whores himself to 13 year old girls with his shitty singles kinda negates everything else. He's everything he claims to criticize with his "radio songs". So you can't lend any credibility to his non-radio songs or whatever.

Plus at this point all his non-radio stuff is all manufactured crap too. He's got his 3 radio hits, 1 or 2 "political" songs, a couple songs bitching about his mom, a couple more bitching about Kim, his one song where he throws a bone at his D-12 lackeys, a Ken Kaniff skit or two, and that's a wrap on his prepackaged hip hop albums.

The guy can come up with some really clever stuff tho. And back when he actually tried, he was a damn good rapper.

Honestly I got alot more respect for a guy like 50 Cent. 50 is all about the money, makes his music solely to make money, puts out the same crap every album, couldn't care less about integrity or street cred or anything, he's out to make money and he doesn't give a fuck what you think about it. He's gonna take every penny of that 13 year old white girl's allowance, and do it gladly. His music is shit, but he's not pretending to be something he's not.

And he was shot NINE times

monosylab1k
04-15-2009, 01:08 AM
And he was shot NINE times

That was the best thing that ever happened to him.

Trainwreck2100
04-15-2009, 01:15 AM
That was the best thing that ever happened to him.

He's alright.

mavs>spurs2
04-15-2009, 01:20 AM
I guess haters will always hate and to each his own, although many real hip hop heads consider him one of the best if not the best.

But if I'm some little pissed off douchey white boy pissed off that my whiteness is holding me back from being cool and going all emo on eminem for it on a sports messageboard , then I might strongly consider killing myself. Lol this isn't your first rodeo when it comes to Eminem on spurstalk.

monosylab1k
04-15-2009, 01:26 AM
I guess haters will always hate and to each his own, although many real hip hop heads consider him one of the best if not the best.

I think Eminem used to be great, I just think he's lost whatever he had at first. He raps about the same crap over and over. Marshall Mathers LP is one of my favorite albums of all time, but Encore might be some of the worst crap I've ever heard in my life.

mavs>spurs2
04-15-2009, 01:32 AM
I think Eminem used to be great, I just think he's lost whatever he had at first. He raps about the same crap over and over. Marshall Mathers LP is one of my favorite albums of all time, but Encore might be some of the worst crap I've ever heard in my life.

Yeah encore really sucked I won't deny that. The LP's were all great but alot of my favorite stuff you won't find on any cd. I liked him best when he was just crazy off the hook talking about being possessed and all kinds of random shit

gcwuw2AKtsE

mavs>spurs2
04-15-2009, 01:37 AM
7OPq54oqPvI

mavs>spurs2
04-15-2009, 01:41 AM
Another one of my favorite songs of his

I8WWaZMboAo

If anyone has any footage of the 97 rap olympics, feel free to post them here

monosylab1k
04-15-2009, 01:46 AM
If anyone has any footage of the 97 rap olympics, feel free to post them here

lol i was just looking for it. dunno if this is it, but this has some good shit.

dKHOkSr2FmA

"and everybody in this fuckin place will miss you if you try to turn my facial tissue into a racial issue"

that line was sick.

mavs>spurs2
04-15-2009, 01:53 AM
"nobodies hearin you, your're a wack liar. damn, all your white jokes just backfired" :lol

:tu Thanks for the post, I don't think i've ever heard those particular battles before

baseline bum
04-15-2009, 01:58 AM
lol i was just looking for it. dunno if this is it, but this has some good shit.

dKHOkSr2FmA

"and everybody in this fuckin place will miss you if you try to turn my facial tissue into a racial issue"

that line was sick.

That whole last battle was amazing.

mookie2001
04-17-2009, 06:07 PM
not too many can equal haley is my baby

i mean ive heard ghostface tony starks aka the wally champ ironman not aluminum metal or steel alloy, bust one rhyme that smears las esmegma de argentina on moms spaghetti

mavs>spurs2
05-10-2009, 10:51 PM
VfA7Q2ufNCY

Damn, best lyricist ever.

LnGrrrR
05-11-2009, 09:53 AM

Go listen to the above-mentioned "The Message" by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, then come back here. Or listen to some stuff by Michael Franti/Spearhead, who isn't rap but hip-hop. Maybe some Joe Budden, who has quite a few songs that aren't bout bitches and hos.

Just because that's all you hear doesn't mean that's all that's out there, any more than saying that rock music includes only Panic At the Disco or that metal music includes only Korn.

Blake
05-11-2009, 09:58 AM
when did DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince ever scoff at celebrities?

LnGrrrR
05-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Oh yeah, forgot about Pharoahe Monch. Particularly like "Queens".

mookie2001
05-11-2009, 06:12 PM
not too many can equal haley is my baby

listen to this dude rufus, he knows what hes talking about

mavs>spurs2
05-11-2009, 07:50 PM
The mookie crew is a collection of total fucking faggots, you guys can't even express your dislike for music without sounding like total dorks.

BlackSwordsMan
05-11-2009, 08:18 PM
I dled this cd. Fucking terrible eminem should stop rapping

mookie2001
05-11-2009, 08:31 PM
sorry mavsfan eminems the one who wrote haley is my baby

Kermit
05-11-2009, 08:41 PM
sorry mavsfan eminems the one who wrote haley is my baby

my baby haley shits on the floor
i wrote a rap about it
then she went and shit some more