PDA

View Full Version : How much will refs ensure Lakers Finals

Fabbs
04-11-2009, 11:15 AM
You would think being colluded Pao Gasol would be enough for Kobme to finally lead a team to a Championship, but no. Watching Portland last night take care of the Lamers -again, gave me flashbacks to 2002s Gm 6 Kings-Lakers game. As in rigged.

With the marketing bonanza that comes from a Lakers Finals appearance, should the Lakers and Portland meet up, or for that matter any other series along the way jeopardized the Perple n Goldens appearance,....
To what extent will the Marketing Forces/Stern go to to ensure the Lakers make the Finals in 2009?

I fear it could get as obvious as 2002.

Any of you non-Lakertrolls get the same feeling?

JoeTait75
04-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Even if Game 6 in 2002 was rigged, it was only rigged to ensure that series would go to a seventh game, not that the Lakers would win it. Sacramento had all sorts of chances to win that seventh game, and they choked on it. The officials didn't make them go 14-of-30 from the foul line and 2-of-20 from three-point range.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Nothing to see here. Just another bummed spurs fan wanting attention. He just forgot that this is the same team that beat them in their home floor.

z0sa
04-11-2009, 11:49 AM
stern will go all the way for Kobe

Fabbs
04-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Even if Game 6 in 2002 was rigged, it was only rigged to ensure that series would go to a seventh game, not that the Lakers would win it. Sacramento had all sorts of chances to win that seventh game, and they choked on it. The officials didn't make them go 14-of-30 from the foul line and 2-of-20 from three-point range.
True, yet an unrigged Gm 6 meant the Lakers were eliminated.

So, will Sternpuppet and Marketing Forces dictate that Portland gets jobbed in Gm 6, yet still have a chance to win Gm 7.

zOsa
stern will go all the way for Kobe
:lol good one. So true.

KSeal
04-11-2009, 12:07 PM
lmao @ Spurs fans, your team sucks now, get over it.

Fabbs
04-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Lamer Troll count at 3.

Or is that the same guy who insecurely needs to have 3 profiles? :lol

JoeTait75
04-11-2009, 12:11 PM
True, yet an unrigged Gm 6 meant the Lakers were eliminated.

If the Kings hadn't blown a 24-point lead in Game 4 there wouldn't have been a Game 6.

Really, if Stern were THAT much of a puppet-master, the Spurs would have never seen their first Finals.

Blake
04-11-2009, 12:43 PM
You would think being colluded Pao Gasol would be enough for Kobme to finally lead a team to a Championship, but no. Watching Portland last night take care of the Lamers -again, gave me flashbacks to 2002s Gm 6 Kings-Lakers game. As in rigged.

it wasn't rigged

With the marketing bonanza that comes from a Lakers Finals appearance, should the Lakers and Portland meet up, or for that matter any other series along the way jeopardized the Perple n Goldens appearance,....
To what extent will the Marketing Forces/Stern go to to ensure the Lakers make the Finals in 2009?

none

no

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Lamer Troll count at 3.

Or is that the same guy who insecurely needs to have 3 profiles? :lol

if Stern wanted the Lakers to win, where was he in the finals last year?

Yet you're the insecured troll around here. Cause as much as you try to deminish the three peat team's success and tell every laker fan to forget about it. That's the past. You're the ones the have the Lakers cock all the way up the ass. And can't stop talking about them. You're the ones the go into the past and dig up this type of nonsense.

Roxsfan
04-11-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm concerned about this as the big fat ass stern is all wood for kobe in the WCF NBA F.

LakeShow
04-11-2009, 01:02 PM
http://nbcsportsmedia1.msnbc.com/i/msnbc/Components/TEASES/SPORTS/WhineOfTheWeek/WhineOfTheWeekSIZED2.gif

lefty
04-11-2009, 01:04 PM

And that's acceptable ?????

Refs have to make the calls they are supposed to make; period

cobbler
04-11-2009, 01:25 PM

Makes one wonder. If Sterns really was prepared to "rig" the Lakers way to the finals and ensure victory against Portland in the playoffs then why wouldnt he begin last night? Why would he "allow" the ref to call fouls 31-9 in Portlands favor. Why would he allow the impression that the trailblazers could actually contend in a series? ETC ETC ETC

Your an idiot Fabbs. Nothing less, nothing more. You are just a Laker hater who realizes his team has no chance now so he might as well get his jollies bashing the Lakers. If Sterns actually "riffed" the playoff according to marketing bonanza the spurs would have ZERO titles.

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq115/cobblerphoto/broken_record.jpg

Fabbs
04-11-2009, 01:31 PM
To Lamer fans, absolutely. To those of us who demand a team earn it's title fairly, it's completely unacceptable.

LakerFan-in-SanAntonio
if Stern wanted the Lakers to win, where was he in the finals last year?
The midseason collusion of Gasol was so obvious that even Marketing Forces didn't want to further expose the scam to expand to a rigged Finals series win. They probably also thought even Kobme do something Tim Dunks has done 4Xs, Jordan 6Xs, Bird 3, Shaq 1X (semi fairly), many other real stars, that being lead a team to a Finals win post collusion.

LakerTroll count at 5.

cobbler
04-11-2009, 01:41 PM
To Lamer fans, absolutely. To those of us who demand a team earn it's title fairly, it's completely unacceptable.

LakerFan-in-SanAntonio
The midseason collusion of Gasol was so obvious that even Marketing Forces didn't to further expose the scam to a rigged Finals series win. They probably also thought even Kobme do something Tim Dunks has done 4Xs, Jordan 6Xs, Bird 3, Shaq 1X semi fairly, that being lead a team to a Finals win once the collusion took place.

LakerTroll count at 5.

I have yet to see proof of this collusion you whine about. Put up the proof or shut up about it already.

Spur moron count 1.

Fabbs
04-11-2009, 01:52 PM
I have yet to see proof of this collusion you whine about. Put up the proof or shut up about it already.

Spur moron count 1.
You also no doubt see no **proof** of OJ having sliced two people.
You're a used car dealers/Florida swampland/Enron stock/Lakers Marketing consumer puppet dream come true.

cobbler
04-11-2009, 02:02 PM
You also no doubt see no **proof** of OJ having sliced two people.
You're a used car dealers/Florida swampland/Enron stock/Lakers Marketing consumer puppet dream come true.

I'll ask you two questions Fabbs. You have posted time and time again throughout this forum about all your collusion, fixing game spreads, rigged officiating, and league office influence conspiricies.

So my question(s) are.... Why do you support a league you feel is corrupt with your time and money? Why do you watch?

Is it that you just feel it's entertainment or are you really just that stupid?

If I am a puppet because i believe in and support the sport even with the faults that are inherent in all spots, then what are you when you support it "knowing" its all rigged? Well, other than a MORON.

Fabbs
04-11-2009, 02:47 PM
I'll ask you two questions Fabbs. You have posted time and time again throughout this forum about all your collusion, fixing game spreads, rigged officiating, and league office influence conspiricies.

So my question(s) are.... Why do you support a league you feel is corrupt with your time and money? Why do you watch?

Is it that you just feel it's entertainment or are you really just that stupid?

If I am a puppet because i believe in and support the sport even with the faults that are inherent in all spots, then what are you when you support it "knowing" its all rigged? Well, other than a MORON.
I don't feel every game nor every season is rigged. I also still believe the NBA has the best basketball players in the world, altho the pampered selfishness of many (most?) of them is gagging. Thus Tim Duncan is a source of refreshment and the Spurs in general with their low ego emissions and style of play (minus PopaMorons lack of offensive stragegy) appeals to me.

It is indeed a business 1st, game 2nd as are all professional sports, hence as you pointed out "faults that are inherent in all spots" and i agree. They get either none or very little of my support in dollars, as most of the games i attend are either free seats as gifts or I've snagged great seats and sold one or more of them off to make my seat "free" (ugg, am i part of the greed system?). But to be sure, moving it to the subject of fairness/corruption lets move it to a different sport so as not to clash Laker v Spur. The tuck rule that enabled the Pats be launched to their 1st Superbowl. Corrupt? Please, all the way. Ditto with some of the calls the Yankees got in their heyday.

But you are correct they do get my time, altho I have more and more gone to recording and then viewing sans commercials thus save time.

In summary i try to filter it so i can still see some good. It kills me that Duncan is in decline, but the managing of him comes as zero surprise to me. How i wish the Spurs had Pat Riley all along the Duncan era and/or Popacement would have been forced by ownership to install a great offensive coach ala Tex Winters-Jackson.

anonoftheinternets
04-11-2009, 02:52 PM
.... PopaMorons ....

you are the moron here, if you cant appreciate pop. Now stop embarassing the rest of the spurs fans :flag:

Fabbs
04-11-2009, 03:00 PM
you are the moron here, if you cant appreciate pop. Now stop embarassing the rest of the spurs fans :flag:
Sorry, i won't lower the bar.
Sell out.

Muser
04-11-2009, 03:48 PM
The Lakers will ensure the Lakers will get to the final.

Ghazi
04-11-2009, 03:49 PM
'06 finals rigged

lefty
04-11-2009, 03:53 PM
'06 WCSF rigged

z0sa
04-11-2009, 04:51 PM
The Lakers will ensure the Lakers will get to the final.

Stern had a hand in that, too (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3226203)

IronMexican
04-11-2009, 05:05 PM
:lol

Jacob1983
04-11-2009, 05:41 PM
The refs will do no such thing. The NBA is a clean sport with no dirty refs. Don't you trust David Stern and his word?

Rogue
04-11-2009, 06:01 PM
The refs will do no such thing. The NBA is a clean sport with no dirty refs. Don't you trust David Stern and his word?
sarcasm, right? our boys in blue were definitely the most powerful team in the season of 05-06, at least our team was far better than the Mimmy Cheat. I bet Cuban has been fined much more money by the league than what the Cheat used bribing the refs. :bang

KSeal
04-11-2009, 06:12 PM
sarcasm, right? our boys in blue were definitely the most powerful team in the season of 05-06, at least our team was far better than the Mimmy Cheat. I bet Cuban has been fined much more money by the league than what the Cheat used bribing the refs. :bang

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Spursfan092120
04-11-2009, 06:42 PM
lmao @ Spurs fans, your team sucks now, get over it.
http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/STFU_NOOB.jpg

Seriously dude. My team sucks? We've won 3 titles since 2003...how many have the Lakers won? Get over yourself, bandwagon.

Jacob1983
04-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Of course, it was sarcasm. David Stern and the refs will try their best to make the Lakers get to the Finals. He knows how much of a boost the Lakers-Celtics Finals gave to the NBA last year. He's not going to give that up without a fight. Personally, I hope the Lakers don't get to the Finals this year. I would rather see a 2007 rematch. It would be awesome to see the Spurs and Cavs in the Finals this year and no I'm not being sarcastic. It would be awesome because the roles would be reversed. Lebron has matured and gotten a lot better since he and the Cavs got butt raped in 2007. And the Spurs would have not homecourt advantage either in the Finals against the Cavs. The Spurs have had the homecourt advantage in all 4 of their Finals appearances.

himat
04-11-2009, 06:48 PM
The NBA banned youtube videos of the Kings-Lakers game during the summer, but now that people have slowly forgot about it there are some vids. First time I resaw that game and made me feel empty. Makes me hate the NBA so much.

There is like a 10 part series to that game each 8 minutes long. Part 6 is the one I watched and it would make some people cry.

Fucking pathetic. A bigger disgrace than the brawl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhlGYvIMPgQ&NR=1

KSeal
04-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Seriously dude. My team sucks? We've won 3 titles since 2003...how many have the Lakers won? Get over yourself, bandwagon.

Hence I said the Spurs suck NOW, as in right now, April 2009, not from 2003-2007 but right now.

Lars
04-11-2009, 07:22 PM
That Kings team was fucking stacked.

anonoftheinternets
04-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Hence I said the Spurs suck NOW, as in right now, April 2009, not from 2003-2007 but right now.

50+ wins :rolleyes suck. lol. Dont know much about basketball do you? And this is after losing a key member manu. Imagine if lakers lost gasol.

KSeal
04-11-2009, 08:44 PM
You're right they don't suck at all. No Manu and still won 50 games, that's pretty impressive. I guess what I was thinking was if you're the Spurs and you win championships every other year and now you have basically no chance to do so, you suck.

dirk4mvp
04-11-2009, 08:55 PM
The NBA banned youtube videos of the Kings-Lakers game during the summer, but now that people have slowly forgot about it there are some vids. First time I resaw that game and made me feel empty. Makes me hate the NBA so much.

There is like a 10 part series to that game each 8 minutes long. Part 6 is the one I watched and it would make some people cry.

Fucking pathetic. A bigger disgrace than the brawl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhlGYvIMPgQ&NR=1

Pollard's 6th foul was probably the worst call I've ever seen.

anonoftheinternets
04-11-2009, 08:57 PM
You're right they don't suck at all. No Manu and still won 50 games, that's pretty impressive. I guess what I was thinking was if you're the Spurs and you win championships every other year and now you have basically no chance to do so, you suck.

:king well ok sorry, i misunderstood, i guess you meant to say spurs rock so hard, not havin a shot at the championship even if last years top scorer is absent = sucking. Thats high praise coming from lakerfan. Il admit I did not see it that way.

dirk4mvp
04-11-2009, 08:59 PM
That Kings team was fucking stacked.

I hope you slip in the shower next time you take one, but yeah they were.

himat
04-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Pollard's 6th foul was probably the worst call I've ever seen.

second worst. The Bibby one at the end was an offensive foul. The music added to the effect, but its still a disgrace.

Armando
04-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Maybe the Lakers get to the Finals because they are clearly the best team in the West. However I get the feeling is LeBron's year unless Boston goes into Cleveland and actually wins.

Armando
04-11-2009, 11:46 PM
'06 finals rigged

Still talking about 2006? How about the fact that Baron Davis and Chris Paul pulled a Wade on the Mavs in 07 and 08?

redzero
04-12-2009, 11:23 AM
The Mavs had their asses kicked fair and square last year. In less than an hour, you will be reminded about what the deal is.

DeadlyDynasty
04-12-2009, 12:07 PM

you should've been a blow job..

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-12-2009, 12:29 PM
50+ wins :rolleyes suck. lol. Dont know much about basketball do you? And this is after losing a key member manu. Imagine if lakers lost gasol.

Well we didn't lose Gasol, but we did lose Bynum. A presence in the middle. If he wasn't injured you could wipe off some losses, except for the bobcats one, therefore the Lakers taking HCA easily.

Biggems
04-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Yes the Lakers get a lot of calls.....but what bugs me the most is Gasol is the one benefitting. He is constantly over the back on rebounds and never gets called for it. He flops all over the place and gets the call. You look at him funny and it is a foul.

I can understand Kobe getting calls....but you know something, Kobe is living in Duncanville the last few years. Just like Timmy, he gets some respect, but not as much as he used to, from the refs. IMO, Kobe should go to the line more than he does, but the refs allow him to get beat down, the way they do Timmy and Parker.

I just dont see how Timmy is a future HOFer and a low post player, but doesnt get half the calls (in a league that gives Superstar bias) and Gasol does.....that just boggles my mind. I also dont see how Gasol gets calls and Tony and Bryant cant buy calls when they drive and get hacked or knocked to the ground.

I also get tired of guys like Paul, Williams, Wade, and Lebron living at the FT line, cause they get every touch call......meanwhile TP, who lives in the paint more than any player not a Big in the league, doesn't shoot half as many FTs....

If they are going to let CP3 throw himself all over the court with little or no contact and then go to the FT line....they should let Parker and Bryant shoot FTs when there is actual contact.....but Stern has his little future Superstars and money makers that he protects.

JoeTait75
04-12-2009, 02:02 PM

Refs have to make the calls they are supposed to make; period

Is it acceptable that teams get bullshit calls at home? I don't know. I don't mind when the Cavaliers are beneficiaries. I mean, that's what happened- the Lake Show got a bunch of bullshit calls in that game. It happens. Aside from that, it's all speculation.

And regardless of whether that game was rigged or not, Sacramento had Game 7 at home. And they choked on it. Which is a shame, because they had a better team than LA. They should have won that series, no matter what happened in Game 6.

Showtime24 LAKERS
04-12-2009, 02:55 PM
The referees have the backs of every superstar or big market team. Which is why I usually get a chuckle out of some Laker fans complaining about the officiating. I mean, sure, there are games where the Lakers may have gotten a raw deal, but for every game like that there are probably five games where the refs hooked them up.

For every Game 2 of the 2008 NBA Finals that Laker fans have to endure, there's four or five Game 6's of the 2002 Western Conference Finals that we get to "enjoy".

TampaDude
04-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Maybe the Lakers get to the Finals because they are clearly the best team in the West. However I get the feeling is LeBron's year unless Boston goes into Cleveland and actually wins.

+1 Barring any unforseen injuries, the Cavs will win the title this year. :toast

Fabbs
05-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Here we go.

Gm 1 vs Houston.

YellowFever
05-03-2009, 10:01 AM
OK...Just came back from the meeting.

Be glad Lakers fans.

We are guaranteed at least a trip to the WCF.

Stern told me personally.

TheMACHINE
05-03-2009, 01:03 PM
OK...Just came back from the meeting.

Be glad Lakers fans.

We are guaranteed at least a trip to the WCF.

Stern told me personally.

Sweet..i just hope Stern guarantee's us to win it all this time. I hate paying the refs for only a Finals guarantee.

icem
05-03-2009, 02:14 PM
i wish people would stop with these dumb conspiracy threads. like the lakers really need stern's help to make it to the finals.. get real. they are the most talented team in the league and have a top 2 superstar and best closer in the game.

Fabbs
05-03-2009, 03:08 PM
i wish people would stop with these dumb conspiracy threads. like the lakers really need stern's help to make it to the finals.. get real. they are the most talented team in the league, and have a top 2 superstar and best closer in the game.
Thanks to a Kwame Brown for Gasol trade, no conspiracy there. And they still couldn't win it.

Kobme top 2 and best closer. :lol :lol

Sheep like you are a non stop customer. :toast

JoeTait75
05-03-2009, 03:15 PM
If you think the league is rigged up, that David Stern confabulates trades, pulls strings, and picks winners from his vast underground lair... why do you watch? Why would you?

If you think it's rigged and yet you still devote time and energy to it, that makes you a sucker, no?

cobbler
05-03-2009, 03:42 PM
If you think the league is rigged up, that David Stern confabulates trades, pulls strings, and picks winners from his vast underground lair... why do you watch? Why would you?

If you think it's rigged and yet you still devote time and energy to it, that makes you a sucker, no?

That is what gets me most. These guys cry conspiricy all the time and don't realize what a fool it makes them out to be. If I actually thought that stern, the refs, and the league office rigged things I would not give them one second of my time.

When it boils down, it is all just jealousy and sour grapes. I have heard a thousand times the whining about the Gasol trade yet not one time.... not ONCE had anyone produced one shred of proof. And these are the same guys ragging on Gasol for being so soft when that benefits their jealousy of the lakers diatribes of the moment.

Sooooo, they are either whiney ass little bitches or they are correct in their conspiricy theories which makes them some of the most ignorant sheep or as you point out "suckers" around. Go figure,

:whine:whine:whine:whine:whine

cobbler
05-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks to a Kwame Brown for Gasol trade, no conspiracy there. And they still couldn't win it.

Kobme top 2 and best closer. :lol :lol

Sheep like you are a non stop customer. :toast

What is really sad here, is that by believing and spewing your conspiricy mumbo jumbo, and then following the NBA, you are the biggest sheep of them all. Or is it that you just spew your shit because you are jealous, you hate, and have you have nothing better to do.

Which are you? :lmao

z0sa
05-03-2009, 03:57 PM
That is what gets me most. These guys cry conspiricy all the time and don't realize what a fool it makes them out to be. If I actually thought that stern, the refs, and the league office rigged things I would not give them one second of my time.

When it boils down, it is all just jealousy and sour grapes. I have heard a thousand times the whining about the Gasol trade yet not one time.... not ONCE had anyone produced one shred of proof. And these are the same guys ragging on Gasol for being so soft when that benefits their jealousy of the lakers diatribes of the moment.

Sooooo, they are either whiney ass little bitches or they are correct in their conspiricy theories which makes them some of the most ignorant sheep or as you point out "suckers" around. Go figure,

refs are instructed to shadow games, influencing them but not ultimately deciding the game entirely.*

*2002 WCF

TheMACHINE
05-03-2009, 04:06 PM
SA must have alot more money then LA cuz we couldnt buy a title for 5 years....come on SA..please tell us how you paid Stern off.

JoeTait75
05-03-2009, 04:11 PM
SA must have alot more money then LA cuz we couldnt buy a title for 5 years....come on SA..please tell us how you paid Stern off.

Come on MACHINE, you know how it is. The league is only rigged when the Spurs don't win.

:flag:

Yuushi12
05-03-2009, 10:51 PM
i wish people would stop with these dumb conspiracy threads. like the lakers really need stern's help to make it to the finals.. get real. they are the most talented team in the league and have a top 2 superstar and best closer in the game.

I agree, although im a spurs fan i do admit that the lakers are a deep and talented team.

phyzik
05-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Come on MACHINE, you know how it is. The league is only rigged when the Spurs don't win.

:flag:

not quite. Its more like The Spurs where just good enough for 4 years to play and win in a 5 vs 8 game. :toast :downspin:

Fabbs
05-06-2009, 10:43 AM
What is really sad here, is that by believing and spewing your conspiricy mumbo jumbo, and then following the NBA, you are the biggest sheep of them all. Or is it that you just spew your shit because you are jealous, you hate, and have you have nothing better to do.

Which are you? :lmao
I'm an entraupenuer. Besides Laker jerseys, cups, posters, lip gloss, I sell numerous products to sheep like you. A run of your ip address shows your Moms basement to be the largest recipient of Kobe blow-up dolls.

Nice game by the Rockets! :toast A fairly reffed one.

Fabbs
05-12-2009, 11:16 AM

Or it makes me in tune with marketing trends.
http://ryanspoon.com/blog/2008/06/15/david-sterns-brand-problem-41-of-fans-believe-nba-fixes-games/
David Stern’s Brand Problem: 41% of Fans Believe NBA Fixes Games

Morg1411
05-12-2009, 11:21 AM

It deeply, deeply hurts me to agree with a Laker fan, but I agree with this.

There is no conspiracy. It's fun to joke about it, but if you seriously believe that the NBA is fixed, you're fucked in the head.

hater
05-12-2009, 11:21 AM
The league is not rigged geniuses. But if you think refs don't have a hidden agenda you are in a sad state.

Morg1411
05-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Or it makes me in tune with marketing trends.
http://ryanspoon.com/blog/2008/06/15/david-sterns-brand-problem-41-of-fans-believe-nba-fixes-games/
David Stern’s Brand Problem: 41% of Fans Believe NBA Fixes Games

Based on the intelligence of so many of the posts here on Spurstalk, that figure doesn't surprise me in the least.

Jacob1983
05-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Can't we all agree that the refs have a huge impact and influence on the games?

Morg1411
05-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Can't we all agree that the refs have a huge impact and influence on the games?

Yes. I'll agree with that.

iggypop123
05-12-2009, 03:39 PM
its not stern. its the refs themselves. its the triads and mafia working them over. stern isnt stupid. he is a lawyer he wont fix shit