PDA

View Full Version : Woody Harrelson claims he mistook photographer for a zombie

Cry Havoc
04-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Woody Harrelson claims he mistook photographer for zombie

(CNN) -- Woody Harrelson defended his clash with a photographer at a New York airport Wednesday night as a case of mistaken identity -- he says he mistook the cameraman for a zombie.

The TMZ photographer filed a complaint with police claiming the actor damaged his camera and pushed him in the face at La Guardia Airport, according to an airport spokesman.

"We're looking into this allegation and if it's warranted, we'll turn it over to the proper authorities," said Port Authority of New York and New Jersey spokesman Ron Marsico.

The photographer, who was not identified, captured the encounter on a small camera after his larger one was broken.

Harrelson, who is being sued by another TMZ photographer for an alleged assault in 2006, did not deny his involvement.

"I wrapped a movie called 'Zombieland,' in which I was constantly under assault by zombies, then flew to New York, still very much in character," Harrelson said in a statement issued Friday by his publicist.

"With my daughter at the airport I was startled by a paparazzo, who I quite understandably mistook for a zombie," he said.

TMZ.com posted two videos of the incident, including one recorded by the larger camera before it was damaged.

The first video shows the photographer following Harrelson and his daughter down an escalator and out of the terminal. It ends with Harrelson apparently reaching for the lens.

The second video begins with the photographer accusing Harrelson of breaking his camera.

After Harrelson returns the camera to him, a scuffle appears to ensue.

"Woody, this is assault. Woody, this is assault," the photographer is heard saying. "Woody, chill out. Would you please chill out?"

The photographer continues to follow Harrelson for another four minutes as the actor and his daughter walk to the airport parking lot. At one point, Harrelson again turns toward the cameraman.

"I'm being chased by Woody Harrelson while I'm talking to you," the photographer says as he talks to an unidentified person on a cell phone.

"He hit me in my face, he broke my friggin' camera, he broke the camera in pieces," he said.

Harrelson, his daughter and a driver get inside an SUV and the encounter ends.

In the movie "Zombieland," Harrelson plays "the most frightened person on Earth" looking for refuge from zombies, according to the Internet Movie Database

Filming on the movie wrapped in Atlanta, Georgia, on Wednesday, according to director Ruben Fleischer's Web site.

TMZ photographer Josh Levine filed a lawsuit against Harrelson last year for an alleged attack outside a Hollywood nightclub in 2006.

Video of that incident, which is also posted on TMZ.com, also appeared to show Harrelson grabbing a camera and clashing with the photographer.

Los Angeles prosecutors declined to press charges against the actor, but Levine filed a suit last summer asking for $2.5 million in damages.

"Woody Harrelson has a history of anger management issues with people and we intend to put a stop to this," Cyrus Nownejad, Levine's lawyer, said Friday.

TMZ is partly owned by AOL, part of CNN's parent company, Time Warner.

---

In related news, Woody is one of my favorite actors. This is priceless. :lol

Mugshot
04-11-2009, 01:39 PM
:lol

Slomo
04-11-2009, 01:42 PM
I guess he saw this sign (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115476) on is way to the airport...

jaffies
04-11-2009, 01:47 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b111/WillOyster/Guns/ZombiesFriendly.jpg

The Franchise
04-11-2009, 01:50 PM
I love Woody. :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Woody needs to lay off the hemp.

baseline bum
04-11-2009, 03:19 PM

Or at least share with the rest of the class.

TwAnKiEs
04-11-2009, 03:33 PM
I didnt know Woody played COD WAW! I guess this happened after drinking the double tap rootbeer. :lol

jaffies
04-11-2009, 03:47 PM
This is a great opportunity for the makers of 'Left 4 Dead' to create an expansion pack with Woody as an unlockable character.

koriwhat
04-11-2009, 03:48 PM

so he should stop wearing hemp products? or are you suggesting that he smokes that nasty shit that doesn't get you high whatsoever?

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-11-2009, 04:03 PM
so he should stop wearing hemp products? or are you suggesting that he smokes that nasty shit that doesn't get you high whatsoever?

Oh...it will get you high...it will get you sofa king high.

But I gave up smoking shirts ages ago.

Trainwreck2100
04-11-2009, 07:36 PM
woody should spring his dad from the supermax and hire him to off those guys suing him

balli
04-11-2009, 07:44 PM
What a damn cool dude Woody Harrelson is.

woody should spring his dad from the supermax and hire him to off those guys suing him
Damn, I never knew about that sordid tale. Unfortunately my research shows that his pops died in prison back in 07.

exstatic
04-11-2009, 07:47 PM
An easy mistake to make with a Paparazzi

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3245/2971430434_99449ff2ea.jpg?v=0

exstatic
04-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Damn, I never knew about that sordid tale. Unfortunately my research shows that his pops died in prison back in 07.

It's not unfortunate. He assassinated a Federal Judge right here in San Antonio.

CuckingFunt
04-11-2009, 08:14 PM

It's part of the reason Stone was so interested in casting him in Natural Born Killers, since all he'd done previously was "Cheers" and White Men Can't Jump.

lefty
04-11-2009, 08:41 PM

Man, the U.S soldier does look like a zombie :lol

balli
04-11-2009, 09:28 PM
It's not unfortunate. He assassinated a Federal Judge right here in San Antonio.
Well, unfortunate that he can't help Woody with his current paparazzo problems. As far as that joke went.

And I guess I don't condone killing judges, but I've since read that the honorable judge was known as "maximum John" for consistently handing down maximum prison sentences to drug offenders. Which, IMO, is beyond abhorrent. It isn't murder to give someone a maximum sentence that doesn't deserve it, but it is taking a life. So, y'know, whatever.

spurs_50_21
04-12-2009, 10:28 AM
I didnt know Woody played COD WAW! I guess this happened after drinking the double tap rootbeer. :lol

dont forget the speed cola perk :lol

Trainwreck2100
04-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Well, unfortunate that he can't help Woody with his current paparazzo problems. As far as that joke went.

And I guess I don't condone killing judges, but I've since read that the honorable judge was known as "maximum John" for consistently handing down maximum prison sentences to drug offenders. Which, IMO, is beyond abhorrent. It isn't murder to give someone a maximum sentence that doesn't deserve it, but it is taking a life. So, y'know, whatever.

He was hired by a cartel boss cause the guy knew if he was his judge he would never breathe free air again. And the guy got out a couple years ago.

FaithInOne
04-12-2009, 03:57 PM

That's hilarious :rollin

exstatic
04-13-2009, 12:06 AM

I lost all respect for you on this. It's not users that were on trial, it was cartel bosses, the guys that order murders. It also DOES sound like you're condoning or justifying Judge Wood's murder.

Harrelson's dad was a scumbag, as was the puto who was on trial and ordered and paid for the hit.

balli
04-13-2009, 10:22 AM
I lost all respect for you on this. It's not users that were on trial, it was cartel bosses, the guys that order murders. It also DOES sound like you're condoning or justifying Judge Wood's murder.

Harrelson's dad was a scumbag, as was the puto who was on trial and ordered and paid for the hit.
I'm not condoning it... and I'm sure Harrelson's dad was a scumbag, but I have a hard time getting extra upset because he targeted a judge. I'm not down with any life being taken by hitmen or otherwise, but I'm not extra offended by a life being taken that happened to belong to a federal judge known for being a hugely arrogant piece of the broken drug war.

Did the dude deserve to die? Hell no. Did Charles Harrison deserve prison or worse? Hell yes. Was it any worse than any other murder. Not in my opinion.

As for the cases he handled; I know nothing. But I do know that handing out a maximum sentence for every single conviction you see is far from commendable. If he was uniformly handing out maximums it would imply he had a personal vendetta/belief that was getting in the way of judicious analysis in each individual's case. Those cases belonging to cartel bosses or not. Which is about the worst thing a judge can do; be injudicious.

They both sound like bad people to me.

Taco
04-13-2009, 11:20 AM

I THINK WOODY WAS THE ZOMBIE BECAUSE OF THE :hat

spurs_50_21
04-13-2009, 11:27 AM
I THINK WOODY WAS THE ZOMBIE BECAUSE OF THE :hat

haha drinking is worse than somking weed ,here examples

1.how many people die each year from being hit bye drunk drivers?
2.how many people who drink die from liver failure?
3.how many people have over dosed on weed compared to beer?
4.what is a high factor in domestic violence?

we are filling up jails with people who smoked a joint lol thats nuts imagine if you drank a beer and went to jail for it sounds stupid right?all because some free masons said (weed no good beer ok because we drink beer and the darkies like to smoke)