1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Denver Nuggets
3. Portland Trail Blazers
4. San Antonio Spurs
5. Houston Rockets
6. New Orleans Hornets
7. Dallas Mavericks
8. Utah Jazz

This would work out so beautifully for the Spurs. First of all, F the Rockets. The Spurs never did get revenge for 1995 and with Rocket Fan excited about finally getting out of the first round, it'd be a nice way to keep Houston irrelevant. Oh and we could draw the line in the sand and figure out who exactly the Spurs fans are and which fans couldn't help themselves in rooting for Scola and the Rockets against the Manu-less Spurs.

And if the Spurs are going to beat the Lakers, I think their chances are much better in the second round. The Spurs wouldn't be as beat up as they would be in the WCF, Bynum wouldn't be as acclimated and the pressure would all be on the Lakers to win the series. The Lakers would be seen as the team to beat while San Antonio would be looked upon as some gimpy team that advanced just because Houston sucks. It'd obviously be a long shot but getting the Lakers in the second round at least gives the Spurs hope.

The other side of the bracket would be a bloodbath. It's entirely possible for Dallas or New Orleans to come out of that side of the bracket. And that Lakers vs. Jazz first round series wouldn't be a cakewalk for the Lakers.

Hopefully this happens.

http://www.guzer.com/pictures/boy_dog_pray.jpg

KSeal
04-11-2009, 06:39 PM
lol, GO SPURS GO!!!!!! Lakers are goin down, Bynum not acclimated, looooong series with the JAZZ!!! OH NO!!! Spurs are going to win the title!!! Team of the decade!!!!

timvp
04-11-2009, 06:41 PM
lol, GO SPURS GO!!!!!! Lakers are goin down, Bynum not acclimated, looooong series with the JAZZ!!! OH NO!!! Spurs are going to win the title!!! Team of the decade!!!!

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/Artlounge69/KatelynFaber.jpg

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/kobe.gif

Muser
04-11-2009, 06:42 PM
That's be the best odds, especiallt with L.A coming off a bruising series with the jazz.

Muser
04-11-2009, 06:43 PM

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:lmao:lmao:lmao

Amuseddaysleeper
04-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Do you think the Spurs matchup better with the Rockets than New Orleans?

Sure, David West kills us every time but unless Yao Ming's foot injury is more serious than initially thought it seemed like even when we play poorly we can beat NO. Houston seems to be a tougher matchup since they defend well.

joyner
04-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Well, I'm convinced. My hope all along has been that Portland meet LA before we get the chance to, since I think they actually match up the best with the Lakers - but this setup looks just as good (and much more likely).

And I'd love to see a Spurs-Rockets series for exactly the "drawing the line" reason you said.

(also, woo first post. No stranger to Spurs forums, but new here to SpursTalk - hoping for, ahem, a better experience than the last Spurs forum I was a part of)

KSeal
04-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Well, I'm convinced. My hope all along has been that Portland meet LA before we get the chance to, since I think they actually match up the best with the Lakers - but this setup looks just as good (and much more likely).

And I'd love to see a Spurs-Rockets series for exactly the "drawing the line" reason you said.

(also, woo first post. No stranger to Spurs forums, but new here to SpursTalk - hoping for, ahem, a better experience than the last Spurs forum I was a part of)

The Lakers will without a doubt lose to Portland if they meet in the playoffs. The Spurs will be on their way to the championship once this happens.

04-11-2009, 06:52 PM

more like
2KiDQz1w5DQ

Rogue
04-11-2009, 06:53 PM
I wish spurs a sweep against the rockets, but I think the rockets will be able to win one game or two in that series, they will chock again whichever team they plays, the spurs will just make their grief shorter instead of torturing them by a 40pts win in game 7.

even without the homecourt advantage, our boys in blue still will have a bigger chance over nuggest to win that series. nuggests are still ranking among the top 3 but that's partially because of their division and the storage of wins that they collected at the begining of the season. our boys in blue have been playing great in the last games of this season, so I expect our boys in blue will continue their awesome performances to the playoffs and fly straightly to the WCF.

The Lakers are gonna get through the Jazz to the second round but that won't be an easy survive, hopefully the Lakers get one or two of their central players injuried in Utah and appear in the second round with a broken squad.

I don't care too much about the matchup between Portland Trail Blazers and the New Orleans Hornets, whichever of them makes the second round will definitely be wiped out by our boys in blue.

timvp
04-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Do you think the Spurs matchup better with the Rockets than New Orleans?I think so. The Spurs have multiple players to throw at Yao and Artest, plus their advantage at point guard would be huge. Trading away Rafer Alston would come back to haunt Houston because they traded away a player who plays Parker well. Aaron Brooks? Not so much.

A series against the Rockets would come down to one thing -- Tim Duncan. The Rockets have historically thrown fewer double-teams at Duncan than any team in the league. Their strategy against the Spurs is to stick on the shooters, trap Parker and try to make Duncan win the game by himself. If Duncan is healthy enough to carry the load, the Spurs should win.

It's a risky match-up because if Duncan is hobbled, there's no way the Spurs would beat the Rockets. But might as well find out early in the playoffs if Duncan will be able to be Tim Duncan :smokin

Worst case scenario is Duncan is too injured to beat that strategy and the Spurs go on an early vacation. Against a team like the Hornets who give up three-pointers by the dozens, the Spurs could beat them even if Duncan is hobbled as long as they shoot straight. But that type of fool's gold series victory would just lead to the Spurs getting bounced in the next round anyways.

Brazil
04-11-2009, 07:02 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Amuseddaysleeper
04-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Against a team like the Hornets who give up three-pointers by the dozens, the Spurs could beat them even if Duncan is hobbled as long as they shoot straight. But that type of fool's gold series victory would just lead to the Spurs getting bounced in the next round anyways.

Well said.

Brazil
As long as we avoid the hornets ...

Mavs<Spurs
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Denver Nuggets
4. San Antonio Spurs
5. Houston Rockets
6. New Orleans Hornets
7. Dallas Mavericks
8. Utah Jazz

This would work out so beautifully for the Spurs. First of all, F the Rockets. The Spurs never did get revenge for 1995 and with Rocket Fan excited about finally getting out of the first round, it'd be a nice way to keep Houston irrelevant. Oh and we could draw the line in the sand and figure out who exactly the Spurs fans are and which fans couldn't help themselves in rooting for Scola and the Rockets against the Manu-less Spurs.

And if the Spurs are going to beat the Lakers, I think their chances are much better in the second round. The Spurs wouldn't be as beat up as they would be in the WCF, Bynum wouldn't be as acclimated and the pressure would all be on the Lakers to win the series. The Lakers would be seen as the team to beat while San Antonio would be looked upon as some gimpy team that advanced just because Houston sucks. It'd obviously be a long shot but getting the Lakers in the second round at least gives the Spurs hope.

The other side of the bracket would be a bloodbath. It's entirely possible for Dallas or New Orleans to come out of that side of the bracket. And that Lakers vs. Jazz first round series wouldn't be a cakewalk for the Lakers.

Hopefully this happens.

I like your take.

I hope that the Lakers wouldn't sweep us in the second round and that would be a real possibility, imo.

:flag:

xellos88330
04-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Spurs will beat everyone. MUAHAHA!!

djohn2oo8
04-11-2009, 07:06 PM
I wish spurs a sweep against the rockets, but I think the rockets will be able to win one game or two in that series, they will chock again whichever team they plays, the spurs will just make their grief shorter instead of torturing them by a 40pts win in game 7.

even without the homecourt advantage, our boys in blue still will have a bigger chance over nuggest to win that series. nuggests are still ranking among the top 3 but that's partially because of their division and the storage of wins that they collected at the begining of the season. our boys in blue have been playing great in the last games of this season, so I expect our boys in blue will continue their awesome performances to the playoffs and fly straightly to the WCF.

The Lakers are gonna get through the Jazz to the second round but that won't be an easy survive, hopefully the Lakers get one or two of their central players injuried in Utah and appear in the second round with a broken squad.

I don't care too much about the matchup between Portland Trail Blazers and the New Orleans Hornets, whichever of them makes the second round will definitely be wiped out by our boys in blue.

Keep dreamin kid

Spurs Brazil
04-11-2009, 07:10 PM
I wanted the 3rd seed to not see the Lakers soon but I agree with timvp.

If we have any chance to beat the Lakers it'll be in the 2nd round.

rascal
04-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Your trying your best to find a way for the Spurs but when you have to think of this type of stuff, seedings and when to play teams to have a better chance to beat certain teams to advance then the reality is that the spurs are not good enough to win.

They have to be playing good enough to beat any team in any round and if you really don't believe they can then they are not good enough to win this year.

KSeal
04-11-2009, 07:33 PM
I like your take.

I hope that the Lakers wouldn't sweep us in the second round and that would be a real possibility, imo.

:flag:

The Spurs would not get swept by the Lakers. It would go at least six or seven games. The Lakers are severely overrated. Tony Parker would destroy the Lakers defense, and the Spurs are great at the Lakers weakness, three point shooting. The Lakers can't defend the three, the Spurs can shot the three very well. If TD is at even 70% that series will be a very good one.

SpursDynasty
04-11-2009, 07:39 PM
It's funny that Denver, Houston, and Portland are seeds #2, 3, and 4 right now.....the Spurs, Hornets, and Jazz in the bottom half of the 8 playoff teams are clearly 3 of the top 4 teams in the WC. The entire seedings in the West are currently a fluke.

True seedings:

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Jazz
4. Hornets
5. Nuggets
6. Mavericks
7. Rockets
8. Blazers

KSeal
04-11-2009, 07:48 PM
It's funny that Denver, Houston, and Portland are seeds #2, 3, and 4 right now.....the Spurs, Hornets, and Jazz in the bottom half of the 8 playoff teams are clearly 3 of the top 4 teams in the WC. The entire seedings in the West are currently a fluke.

True seedings:

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Jazz
4. Hornets
5. Nuggets
6. Mavericks
7. Rockets
8. Blazers

I totally agree with you. If the Spurs, Hornets and Jazz had stayed as healthy as the Blazers, Nuggets and Rockets they would have been the 2, 3 and 4 seeds.

rascal
04-11-2009, 08:09 PM

True seedings:

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Jazz
4. Hornets
5. Nuggets
6. Mavericks
7. Rockets
8. Blazers

Jazz stink. The Hornets and Blazers are better and even a healthy rockets team is better.

rascal
04-11-2009, 08:10 PM
I totally agree with you. If the Spurs, Hornets and Jazz had stayed as healthy as the Blazers, Nuggets and Rockets they would have been the 2, 3 and 4 seeds.

Rockets lost McGrady

Chieflion
04-11-2009, 08:12 PM
As long the Jazz are 8th seed, then I would prefer the 4th seed with HCA.

KSeal
04-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Rockets lost McGrady

And they're a better team because of it. I truly believe that. I may be extremely stupid but that is just what I think. They'll get out of the first round thanks to his grampa knees.

timvp
04-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Your trying your best to find a way for the Spurs but when you have to think of this type of stuff, seedings and when to play teams to have a better chance to beat certain teams to advance then the reality is that the spurs are not good enough to win.

They have to be playing good enough to beat any team in any round and if you really don't believe they can then they are not good enough to win this year.:sleep

You gave up on the Spurs in 2003, 2005 and 2007. If you had owned a computer, you probably would have given up on them in 1999.

And no, you don't have to be able to beat every team. You have to beat the teams you play. I still don't know if the Spurs would have beat the Mavs in 2007. But those rings explain why it doesn't matter.

04-11-2009, 08:19 PM
1. lakers
2. nuggets
3. spurs
4. blazers
5. rockets
6. NO
7. Dallas
8. Jazz

this way, at least the lakers won't sweep the first round. jazz are bound to win one or two and home, prolonging the series. then they will meet either the blazers or the rockets, two teams other than the spurs that have an inkling of a chance to oust the lakers. spurs will face NO in the first round but at the way they are playing right now, they suck. then the spur's second round matchup will relatively be evenly matched against the nuggets. spurs will have a good chance of making it to the WCF and if they don't meet the lakers there, they have a chance to win it all. no way tim duncan lets his team lose in the finals.

Mel_13
04-11-2009, 08:23 PM
I'll be happy if they end the season on a 4-game win streak and that guy wearing #21 looks like he'll be able to play about as well as he did in the 07 playoffs or before the All-Star break this season.

J.T.
04-11-2009, 08:34 PM
timvp, I need the number of your crack dealer.

A McGrady-less Houston team has Tiki Barber Theory (formerly Patrick Ewing Theory) written all over it. God be with whoever plays that team in the first round. Ideally Houston and San Antonio both win out whilst Portland drops a game and slips to the 5 seed so Tim Duncan can get his rookie hazing in on Oden, then kick back and sip some mai-tais while he waits for Kobe to beat the Jazz in 7 since Utah has that whole home cooking thing that will prevent them from losing any home games in the playoffs.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-11-2009, 08:47 PM
If the Nuggets make it past the 1st round, then they will get to the WCF :smokin

The 1st round is the hurdle, if they overcome that, then the confidence will be brimming against any team they play in the 2nd rd and that opponent will be toast.

It's the 1st rd that is the issue for the Nuggets :lol

KSeal
04-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Dallas will beat the Nuggets in the first round.

rascal
04-11-2009, 08:50 PM
:sleep

You gave up on the Spurs in 2003, 2005 and 2007. If you had owned a computer, you probably would have given up on them in 1999.

And no, you don't have to be able to beat every team. You have to beat the teams you play. I still don't know if the Spurs would have beat the Mavs in 2007. But those rings explain why it doesn't matter.

Keep Dreaming.

timvp
04-11-2009, 08:56 PM
timvp, I need the number of your crack dealer.226-3232, ask for Frost.

Death In June
04-11-2009, 09:29 PM
I'd rather see the spurs in the third seed, portland in the fourth, and hope utah climbs to the 6th. Unlikely, but that would be the easiest road to the finals.

EricB
04-11-2009, 09:57 PM

Keep Dreaming.

Don't want to address what he said?

timvp
04-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Another added bonus of Spurs vs. Rockets ........... proximity. With the short flights, that would maximize the rest.

:hungry:

KSeal
04-12-2009, 12:24 AM
I'd rather see the spurs in the third seed, portland in the fourth, and hope utah climbs to the 6th. Unlikely, but that would be the easiest road to the finals.

Utah is the eight now, no question about it. Likely the Blazers will win out too. I think the Spurs have a much better chance at beating Houston then the Blazers in the first round. Who knows maybe the Lakers shit and the Jazz pull the upset, stranger things have happened.

Avitus1
04-12-2009, 12:28 AM
I like the sound of that. I think Spurs vs. Lakers in the second would be much better for the Spurs. Get them the Lakers early and hopefully we wont have a tired team playing them like we did last year.

velik_m
04-12-2009, 12:29 AM
Be carefull what you wish for...

KSeal
04-12-2009, 12:32 AM
You guys should be rooting with all your hearts the Jazz beat the Lakers. Not that the Spurs wouldn't have a shot at beating the Lakers but more because SA would probably beat Utah easy. They haven't won what, like 20 straight times in SA. That series would be a lock for you guys. Then Denver, the Spurs just need a little luck. If LA does lose to Utah Kobe should just retire, he would never recover.

Double-Up
04-12-2009, 12:39 AM
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Denver Nuggets
4. San Antonio Spurs
5. Houston Rockets
6. New Orleans Hornets
7. Dallas Mavericks
8. Utah Jazz

Hopefully this happens.

You know the old saying be careful what you wish for because you just might get it. Anyways see you in the playoffs. :toast

timvp
04-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Be carefull what you wish for...

I am usual cautious of karma but since Manu went down, it's all fair game now :smokin

P.S.

1995 was the last time I openly rooted for a specific opponent . . . :depressed

baseline bum
04-12-2009, 12:47 AM

Not only gave up on them, but trashed them and called them boring right after they won each time.

baseline bum
04-12-2009, 12:48 AM
P.S.

1995 was the last time I openly rooted for a specific opponent . . . :depressed

Same here :pctoss

timvp
04-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Same here :pctoss

But man, the Spurs looked like they owned the Rockets that year. :pctoss

Borosai
04-12-2009, 12:50 AM
I too would rather see the Spurs face the Rockets in the first round (as opposed to the young, athletic Blazers or the nut-punching Hornets), but I'd prefer the 5th seed.

baseline bum
04-12-2009, 12:52 AM

I think every Spurs fan alive rooted for Houston to win that game 7 in Phoenix. I was actually jumping up and excited when Mario hit that three to bury the Suns, as if the Spurs had just won the title. :pctoss

(although I was a big Elie fan too from his time in Golden State)

Josepatches_
04-12-2009, 12:58 AM
2 Months ago I was one of the first here to said that I want the Lakers in the 1st round because it could be our best way to beat them.
Right now without Manu and with TD far away to be at 90-100% I don't want to face the Lakers.We can't compete with them.It's sad but it's true.

Anyway I don't want to face 2 teams like Lakers and Portland in these playoffs.Only one will be enough.Both could be two much for us.Portland is a young team so they will be far away to be tired and they are playing better every week.IMO they are the best teams of the west right now.

i will like to see Portland-Lakers in the 2nd round but it will be difficult for us to be the 3rd seed to avoid the Lakers in the second round.

I don't want to face Dallas in the first round so IMO this is the perfect western conference seeding for us.

1 Lakers
2 Denver
3 SA
4 Portland
5 Houston
6 NO
7 Dallas
8 Utah

NO with HCA and Den or Dal in the 2nd round.
Portland could defeat the lakers.Of course they could defeat us too but at least we would have HCA.Anyway if we have to lose i prefer to lose the WCF with Portland than against the Lakers.
IMO we are not ready to beat the Lakers in any round.

Double-Up
04-12-2009, 12:58 AM
That 95 series sure was one to remember though, thanks for reminding me. Olajuwon was spectacular, and it really makes you thankful to have had a Robinson, Duncan, Olajuwon, Ewing, Shaq on your team.

1Parker1
04-12-2009, 09:44 AM

:lmao

Thomas82
04-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Another added bonus of Spurs vs. Rockets ........... proximity. With the short flights, that would maximize the rest.

:hungry:

Good point. The Spurs can use all the rest they can get.

DAF86
04-12-2009, 03:00 PM
I think so. The Spurs have multiple players to throw at Yao and Artest, plus their advantage at point guard would be huge. Trading away Rafer Alston would come back to haunt Houston because they traded away a player who plays Parker well. Aaron Brooks? Not so much.

A series against the Rockets would come down to one thing -- Tim Duncan. The Rockets have historically thrown fewer double-teams at Duncan than any team in the league. Their strategy against the Spurs is to stick on the shooters, trap Parker and try to make Duncan win the game by himself. If Duncan is healthy enough to carry the load, the Spurs should win.

It's a risky match-up because if Duncan is hobbled, there's no way the Spurs would beat the Rockets. But might as well find out early in the playoffs if Duncan will be able to be Tim Duncan :smokin

Worst case scenario is Duncan is too injured to beat that strategy and the Spurs go on an early vacation. Against a team like the Hornets who give up three-pointers by the dozens, the Spurs could beat them even if Duncan is hobbled as long as they shoot straight. But that type of fool's gold series victory would just lead to the Spurs getting bounced in the next round anyways.

I have no problem with that reasoning except for one thing: It's the Rockets and Scola, can you imagine the propotion of the meltdown if we lose to them?

I agree though, I like that matchup, in fact I still think we'd be allright as long as we don't face the Lakers.

STEVEYCU
04-12-2009, 03:12 PM
Just Please no Portland in the first round

DAF86
04-12-2009, 03:14 PM
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Denver Nuggets
4. San Antonio Spurs
5. Houston Rockets
6. New Orleans Hornets
7. Dallas Mavericks
8. Utah Jazz

Hopefully this happens.

I don't think you could figure out much, I bet most guys would be like: "let's go Spurs", "Go Tony", "fuck Scola" on here, but cheering for the Rockets in front of their TV's. Argies are backstabbers ;)

P/S: Get rid of that photo, is bad luck. I remember the first time you use it was referring to Manu's health.

timvp
04-12-2009, 03:16 PM
I have no problem with that reasoning except for one thing: It's the Rockets and Scola, can you imagine the propotion of the meltdown if we lose to them?

I agree though, I like that matchup, in fact I still think we'd be allright as long as we don't face the Lakers.F Scola.

P/S: Get rid of that photo, is bad luck. I remember the first time you use it was refering to Manu's health.You must be new here.

Spork KIller
04-12-2009, 03:21 PM
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Denver Nuggets
4. San Antonio Spurs
5. Houston Rockets
6. New Orleans Hornets
7. Dallas Mavericks
8. Utah Jazz

Hopefully this happens.

Not happening dorky bitch! the spurms will be out in the first round regardless of who they play...asswipe!

HarlemHeat37
04-12-2009, 03:22 PM
playing Houston appears like it will be the most likely scenario, if everything goes to plan..

hopefully New Orleans somehow falls to 8th though..

DAF86
04-12-2009, 03:22 PM
F Scola.

You must be new here.

When was the first time you posted it?

urunobili
04-12-2009, 03:31 PM
I agree with timvp's vision of the perfect seeding... gr8 thread thanks for putting this together :tu

timvp
04-12-2009, 03:42 PM
When was the first time you posted it?Long time ago.

DAF86
04-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Long time ago.

Well, it has certainly lost some of its magic.

Indazone
04-12-2009, 07:45 PM
The odds of a Spurs Rockets first round matchup are long...very long. But if it happens, so be it. Bring it on!

DeadlyDynasty
04-12-2009, 08:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCG0JIorzGI&feature=related

DeadlyDynasty
04-12-2009, 10:06 PM
I also hope San Antonio gets out of the first round...the only fitting way for the Spurs to be eliminated is at the hands of the Lakers. It's just natural

HarlemHeat37
04-12-2009, 10:12 PM
it's also natural for Kobe to play poorly in the NBA finals..he seems to have mastered it..

Flux451
04-12-2009, 10:54 PM
Wow you guys are desperate. Im recruiting about 50 Lakers fans to come here.

Talk about desperate.

"Come on fellow fans of purple and yellow loin clothes, we'll show them...I will buy you all bobble heads of Mbenga if you come to ST. Ima bust out the broom!"

Caltex2
04-12-2009, 11:58 PM

Next time don't inspire the previous year's MVP before the game. :nope :lol

Caltex2
04-13-2009, 12:03 AM
The odds of a Spurs Rockets first round matchup are long...very long. But if it happens, so be it. Bring it on!

You'd think as much as both franchises have made the playoffs, we'd have more than one series against each other in the last 25 years.

That, along with SA's dominance against us for a while, is why I really don't even consider it a rivalry.

EricB
04-13-2009, 12:06 AM
Next time don't inspire the previous year's MVP before the game. :nope :lol

What bullshit.

slayermin
04-13-2009, 12:12 AM
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Denver Nuggets
4. San Antonio Spurs
5. Houston Rockets
6. New Orleans Hornets
7. Dallas Mavericks
8. Utah Jazz

Hopefully this happens.

I thought division winners get the top three seeds. Did they change the rule?

Killakobe81
04-13-2009, 12:13 AM
Im sorry but Im STILL not sold on Portland if Duncan is 90% or above Spurs can take them in 7 especially with HCA they are THIS year's Hornets ...
problem with manu out you guys NEED the "old " tim duncan not an OLD tim duncan ...

DPG21920
04-13-2009, 12:14 AM
No, division winners are guaranteed a top 4 seed. The top 4 seeds are then seeded by record.

Roxsfan
04-13-2009, 12:15 AM

agreed. Yao's foot is fine as MRI/bone scans revealed. He will be playing in the last 2 games. The division championship belongs to the rox.

slayermin
04-13-2009, 12:20 AM
No, division winners are guaranteed a top 4 seed. The top 4 seeds are then seeded by record.

Thanks.

Spursmania
04-13-2009, 11:09 AM
And they're a better team because of it. I truly believe that. I may be extremely stupid but that is just what I think. They'll get out of the first round thanks to his grampa knees.

Poor McGrady, if Houston gets out of the first round, fans will thank him for being out and allowing this current team to build up some nice chemistry.

It wil defintley:stirpot:
Wow-that's got to suck.:wow

kobyz
04-13-2009, 01:02 PM
my best scenario:
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Denver Nuggets
3. San Antonio SpursPortland Trail Blazers
4. Portland Trail Blazers
5. Houston Rockets
6. Dallas Mavericks
7. New Orleans Hornets
8. Utah Jazz

in the first round we get Mavs - we need revange after 2006 series
in the second round we get Denver Nuggets/New Orleans Hornets - winnable series
and than we get to western final and hoping that Lakers lose agains Utah or Portland/Houston

HarlemHeat37
04-13-2009, 01:42 PM
I'd rather player Houston as opposed to Dallas..and I'd rather play LA in the 2nd round, our miracle would be more likely to happen earlier..

DaDakota
04-13-2009, 01:44 PM
If it is this way, the Spurs and Rockets are a coin flip....and whichever is healthiest out of Duncan and Yao wins.

DD

poop
04-13-2009, 02:17 PM
my best scenario:
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Denver Nuggets
3. San Antonio SpursPortland Trail Blazers
5. Houston Rockets
6. Dallas Mavericks
7. New Orleans Hornets
8. Utah Jazz

and than we get to western final and hoping that Lakers lose agains Utah or Portland/Houston

this.:hat

MoSpur
04-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Someone tell Dikembe he isn't in his late 20's anymore. That stat line a couple of nights ago is stupid.

Manufan909
04-13-2009, 05:11 PM
If the seeding stays the same at the end as it is now the Lakers face Utah and Portland, and the Spurs have NO then Denver. I know I'm biased, but I really think LAL has the harder 2 rounds. But if Dallas falls to 8, they'd be fresh for Portland. It would be hilarious if Portland took out LA, Stern has spent almost no energy pimping Oden/Roy/Fernandez/, so he'd be fucked.:lol

Allanon
04-13-2009, 05:19 PM
my best scenario:
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Denver Nuggets
3. San Antonio Spurs
5. Houston Rockets
6. Dallas Mavericks
7. New Orleans Hornets
8. Utah Jazz

This really is a great scenario for the Spurs.

Why tire yourself out in the 2nd round and run a heavy risk of losing in the 2nd round to the Lakers?

Lakers would probably beat the Blazers/Rockets in the 2nd round but you never know. Blazers/Rockets have the best length of the WC teams to match with the Lakers. Even if the Blaze/Rockets don't win, it could go 6-7 games.

For the Lakers, avoiding the Spurs or meeting them in the 2nd round would be the best case scenario.

timvp
04-13-2009, 05:26 PM
The Mavs would beat the Spurs. Sad to admit it but that's truth. The Mavs are the one team that plays like they know they are better than the Spurs. Add to that a team built to beat the Spurs, Duncan's inability to guard Dirk, the way they know how to slow Parker and the Mavs would take down these Spurs in 6 or 7.

Manufan909
04-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Good to know the Spurs won't face them(I know there prob is a scenario where they'd meet in the 1st, but glancing at the standings I doubt it). But if the standings don't change, they could meet... if both SA and DA won in the 1st round.

mabrignani
04-13-2009, 05:38 PM
there is no way that the spurs can play the rockets,it's not possible. spurs or rocks will get the third seed bc winner of division will get 3rd, only way they could is if hornets win the division which is impossible

DAF86
04-13-2009, 05:40 PM
The Mavs would beat the Spurs. Sad to admit it but that's truth. The Mavs are the one team that plays like they know they are better than the Spurs. Add to that a team built to beat the Spurs, Duncan's inability to guard Dirk, the way they know how to slow Parker and the Mavs would take down these Spurs in 6 or 7.

Nah, Harris knew how to slow Parker, not the Mavs. It'd be tough but IMO the Spurs prevail in 6.

DPG21920
04-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Mavs would be the worst 1st round match-up besides the Lakers. I have been saying this for a while now. Spurs could win the series, but it would be tough and I would not be surprised at all if the Spurs lost.

HarlemHeat37
04-13-2009, 06:17 PM
if Portland goes 2-0, Houston goes 1-1, and we lose 1 game(vs. NO), wouldn't we play Houston in the 1st round?..

mystargtr34
04-13-2009, 06:58 PM
I would much rather the Spurs get the 3rd seed, and face the struggling Hornets in the 1st round with an injured Chandler. And even more importantly, give the Blazers a crack at the Lakers in the Second round. I dont think these Spurs stand a chance against the Lakers with Bynum back - and i think the only team that does is the Blazers.

I would rather avoid the Mavs at all costs, just a bad match up. Houston i wouldnt mind, but i think the Hornets are the easier out, plus the Blazers may actually beat the Lakers.

Cloud786
04-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Who has the tiebreaker between NO and Dallas?

DPG21920
04-13-2009, 07:52 PM
NO has the tie breaker with Dallas. They won the season series 3-1.

DPG21920
04-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Great. So now if the Spurs win tonight, then beat NO, and the Mavs beat Houston, the Spurs will be the 3rd seed and the Mavs the 6th. FML.

timvp
04-14-2009, 12:11 AM
Great. So now if the Spurs win tonight, then beat NO, and the Mavs beat Houston, the Spurs will be the 3rd seed and the Mavs the 6th. FML.

:pctoss

The Mavs are a horrible match-up without a 100% TD. They can put lineups on the court the Spurs just can't defend.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-14-2009, 12:13 AM
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Denver Nuggets
4. San Antonio Spurs
5. Houston Rockets
6. New Orleans Hornets
7. Dallas Mavericks
8. Utah Jazz

Hopefully this happens.

I like it! :D

And :lol at the dog.

Mugen
04-14-2009, 12:17 AM
honestly we arent beating the lakers in the 2nd round or the WCF unless kobe breaks his leg in the first round.

i say we finish 3rd and hope another team takes them out, thats our chance to get to the finals.

but whatever, i just want these spurs to cause as much havoc in the playoffs that they can without manu.

i wish luck on ANY team chasing around parker and having to contend with a healthier tim duncan for a series.

Mel_13
04-14-2009, 12:26 AM
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Denver Nuggets
4. San Antonio Spurs
5. Houston Rockets
6. New Orleans Hornets
7. Dallas Mavericks
8. Utah Jazz

Your perfect playoff seeding is still possible if Spurs and Blazers win and Rockets lose.

LEONARD
04-14-2009, 09:54 AM

True seedings:

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Jazz
4. Hornets
5. Nuggets
6. Mavericks
7. Rockets
8. Blazers

Look at this dumbfuck still clinging to the Jazz... :lol

"The only team in the west worth mentioning along with the Spurs" :rollin

mabrignani
04-14-2009, 10:17 AM
why does everyone think that the spurs and rockets will be able to play each other in the first round bc of seeds 4 and 5? the spurs and rocks cant play each other first round so everyone keep dreaming, this is a bogus thread

mabrignani
04-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Your perfect playoff seeding is still possible if Spurs and Blazers win and Rockets lose.

no its not. not in the slightest, there is nothing perfect about it...its totally wrong