PDA

View Full Version : Yao done till playoffs

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-12-2009, 06:21 AM
http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=896928

longrangesniper wrote:

I have a friend who lives in Houston, that is an acquaintance of Keith Jones. He tells me that Yao is out for the rest of the season - they are shutting him down for the next few games to ready him for the playoffs. It is just a precautionary measure. You heard it here first. That is all.

take from it what you will but it is good news for teams battling for the 2nd/3rd seed

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-12-2009, 06:24 AM
later in the thread it says this

The Rockets just arrived back from the west coast about an hour ago, yet while their plane was in the air rumors were already swirling that Yao Ming had been ruled out of Houston's final two regular season games due to his sore right foot.

However, at this point those rumors remain exactly that - nothing more. Yao will go in for additional testing today and no course of action will be determined until doctors have had an opportunity to review those results, so talk of him missing the next two games is nothing more than wild, unsubstantiated speculation at this point.

Finally, for what it's worth, Yao remains in good spirits and players and staff are optimistic that the All-Star center will be okay and back on the court soon.

We'll have more information for you as soon as the test results are in.

http://my.nba.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5800023129

I guess nothing is confirmed yet. As long as he is healthy for the playoffs, that's all that matters to Rockets fans i'm sure

The Third Man
04-12-2009, 06:37 AM
They can't be too careful with him, but the Rockets need to win these last two games, as well. If you are a Rockets fan you can never get too cocky. We always think the worst where injuries are concerned(and we are often right).

KSeal
04-12-2009, 07:04 AM
hmm, it makes you wonder how effective he will be if he does play. It would be a lot smarter to sit him out then risk him injuring it even more. At the point Houston is guaranteed a pretty winnable first playoff series anyways.

Spursmania
04-12-2009, 08:57 AM
As I have always contended and posted, Yao cannot win a Championship because he does not have the endurance or the strength to complete all the playoff series'. He is soft and is body is fragile. He's a great player but endurance he does not have nor does he have the physical strength it takes to take his team to the Championships. Injuries are a constant in his career. This bone bruise will only get worse, and once again the prophecy will be fulfilled of an early exit.

Cane
04-12-2009, 10:05 AM
As I have always contended and posted, Yao cannot win a Championship because he does not have the endurance or the strength to complete all the playoff series'. He is soft and is body is fragile. He's a great player but endurance he does not have nor does he have the physical strength it takes to take his team to the Championships. Injuries are a constant in his career. This bone bruise will only get worse, and once again the prophecy will be fulfilled of an early exit.

Ditto with Manu nowadays.

Thats the price you pay when play an ungodly amount of basketball. Guys like Manu and Yao feel a need to represent their country so instead of resting in the off season like Duncan does (which doesn't look to have helped this season much) they work their bodies off.

Indazone
04-12-2009, 10:14 AM
That's ok, always wanted to see more Deke and this will get Deke ready for the playoffs. I think Yao will be ready come playoff time but Deke is critical. So is Barry. We need to get our Veterans up to speed and Barry's three point shooting will be needed.

Matchman
04-12-2009, 10:54 AM
thats okay as long as we dont match up with the Jazz or the Lakers in the first round.

GuerillaBlack
04-12-2009, 11:14 AM
http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=896928

take from it what you will but it is good news for teams battling for the 2nd/3rd seed

That same guy posted the same thing on ClutchFans. What he said isn't official. What is official is that Yao is listed as day to day with a right foot bone bruise.

Roxsfan
04-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Ditto with Manu nowadays.

Thats the price you pay when play an ungodly amount of basketball. Guys like Manu and Yao feel a need to represent their country so instead of resting in the off season like Duncan does (which doesn't look to have helped this season much) they work their bodies off.

agreed.