PDA

View Full Version : will the rockets lose to the hornets on purpose to keep the jazz in 8th?

jazzypimp
04-12-2009, 09:17 AM
I was just thinkin, wouldn't it make sense that if Dallas beats the hornets tonight for the rockets to lose to the hornets just to keep utah 8th and get taken out by the lakers?? Just looking at their matchup problems in the past with the jazz I wouldn't put it past adelman to do this. God damn worthless Boozer!! He fuckin ruined this whole season having the whole team cater to his injury and now recovery. Lost most every game cuz of his dumb ass!! sorry for the rant at the end!

Roxsfan
04-12-2009, 11:57 AM
I was just thinkin, wouldn't it make sense that if Dallas beats the hornets tonight for the rockets to lose to the hornets just to keep utah 8th and get taken out by the lakers?? Just looking at their matchup problems in the past with the jazz I wouldn't put it past adelman to do this. God damn worthless Boozer!! He fuckin ruined this whole season having the whole team cater to his injury and now recovery. Lost most every game cuz of his dumb ass!! sorry for the rant at the end!

tonight? the game is in 5 mins:rolleyes

to your point, I don't think the coach would ever tell his players this but I think that deep down that is exactly what the coach and players want. I think the players talk about it amongst themselves in pockets during informal gatherings. I do think that this is why Yao is being held out of 2 games for "precaution". Precaution my ass. He might have felt a bit of soreness, but it's the normal kind that any athlete would get, not the isolated fracuture-related soreness. This allows them to tank as they need. Having said that, homecourt adv. is more important though.

Ghazi
04-12-2009, 12:21 PM
I dont see what the big deal is about the "matchup" problems.

One series was a 7 game series and the other was no Yao.

noob cake
04-12-2009, 12:22 PM
No, unless a whole chain of unfortunate events happens, the Jazz will be the 8th seed (GJ on losing to a 7 man rotation at Enerigged Arena).

Rockets need the next 2 games to guarantee 2nd seed.

sook
04-12-2009, 02:27 PM
No because if Denver loses in portland we will get the 2nd seed by winning final 2 games

Ghazi
04-12-2009, 03:02 PM
I dunno why some are assuming the Jazz are an 8th seed just yet. If LA concedes the Tuesday game and the Rockets steal the road game @ Dallas, Mavs are back to 8th.

assuming Mavs beat Wolves, Jazz beat Clippers.

sribb43
04-12-2009, 03:03 PM
I dunno why some are assuming the Jazz are an 8th seed just yet. If LA concedes the Tuesday game and the Rockets steal the road game @ Dallas, Mavs are back to 8th.

assuming Mavs beat Wolves, Jazz beat Clippers.

If D-Will is out Jazz have no chance even against hte Lakers scrubs

Pelicans78
04-12-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm assuming CP3 and West won't play tomorrow night. Scott wanted to rest both guys before the playoffs and they played over 40 minutes today. I would save them for the Spurs game Wednesday night in case we need to win to avoid the 8th seed.

Ghazi
04-12-2009, 03:13 PM
True sribb. also if the teams win the games they're "expected" to Hornets finish 49-33 Mavs finish 50-32.

sook
04-12-2009, 03:32 PM
I'm assuming CP3 and West won't play tomorrow night. Scott wanted to rest both guys before the playoffs and they played over 40 minutes today. I would save them for the Spurs game Wednesday night in case we need to win to avoid the 8th seed.

Thank you! :toast

Shank
04-12-2009, 03:37 PM

If they rest against the Rockets, that game will be a total abortion. The Hornets might not score 50 points.

Pelicans78
04-12-2009, 03:46 PM
If they rest against the Rockets, that game will be a total abortion. The Hornets might not score 50 points.

Ryan Bowen knows all the Rocket's secrets.

Fuck!! MLB.TV froze for a minute and I missed the Royals score 2 runs to take a 5-4 lead in the 8th!!! :bang

Oh well, Yanks have to deal with Soria in the 9th :toast

Pelicans78
04-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Yes!! RBI double by John Buck to take a 6-4 lead