PDA

View Full Version : Austin Toros Playoff Game and Ticket Information

spursincharge
04-12-2009, 06:22 PM
The Austin Toros will take on the Idaho Stampede on Wednesday April 15th at Concordia University in the Concordia Fieldhouse. Tickets are only $5.00 if buy them in advance. Game time is 7:30. PM Seating is limited since this is smaller than the Austin Convention Center.

Shoot me an e-mail to [email protected] if you want to buy tickets, how many you will need, and a phone number I can call first thing Monday morning to call you to fill the order.

EricB
04-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Game 1 is wednesday, when is game 2?

shelshor
04-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Game 1 is wednesday, when is game 2?

They have to win Wednesday to have a 2nd game
http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/2009_playoffs_101.html
2009 NBA D-League Playoffs 101
2009 NBA D-League Playoffs First Round Matchups

Colorado 14ers chose Erie BayHawks

Utah Flash chose Bakersfield Jam

Iowa Energy chose Dakota Wizards

Austin Toros will host Idaho Stampede

The Opening Rounds/Tie-Breaker Info

This year's D-League playoffs will consist of three rounds, with the first two rounds both consisting of single-elimination games.

- The three division winners and five wild-card teams with the best remaining records (a total of eight teams) will qualify for the playoffs.

- Tie breakers are in order, head-to-head record, winning percentage against teams with .500 or better record at end of season, and point differential.

- The three division winners, in order of best winning percentage, will choose their opponents from among seeds 5-8. The fourth seeded team will host the remaining team that is not chosen as an opponent by the division winners.

- The three division winners and the fourth seed will host their first-round games, while home court in the second round and the Finals is determined by the team with the better won-loss record.

- The winners of the second round games will play a best-of-three game series in the D-League Finals.

NBA D-League Finals

This year's NBA D-League Finals will consist of a best-of-three series. The team with the better regular season record will host the second and third game, if necessary. Last season the Idaho Stampede defeated the Austin Toros by a 2-1 margin to win the 2007-08 NBA D-League title.

ChumpDumper
04-12-2009, 06:55 PM
The first two rounds are single elimination.

The finals are a three game series.

Er...what he said above.

EricB
04-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Interesting.

Say they win wednesday, any guesses on when game 2 would be?

Like saturday maybe? :(

spursincharge
04-12-2009, 07:11 PM
We would only host game 2 if Colorado loses in the 1st round. It's difficult to tell when the game would be.

spursincharge
04-12-2009, 09:38 PM
bump -- Can a mod sticky this thread please?

Alaina
04-12-2009, 09:49 PM
spursincharge, do you work for the Toros? If so, I have a question maybe you can answer. Since the game will not be at the Austin Convention Center, will it still be broadcast on Futurecast? I'm not from Austin, but I am a Toros fan nonetheless.

spursincharge
04-12-2009, 11:15 PM
spursincharge, do you work for the Toros? If so, I have a question maybe you can answer. Since the game will not be at the Austin Convention Center, will it still be broadcast on Futurecast? I'm not from Austin, but I am a Toros fan nonetheless.

Yes I do...send me that question in an email from the email I listed above so I can have it answered for you tomorrow morning

ChumpDumper
04-12-2009, 11:50 PM
I understand it's a whole lot easier to schedule a game at Concordia, but I hope it doesn't turn into a bug hunt.

SequSpur
04-12-2009, 11:54 PM
where is concordia?

ChumpDumper
04-12-2009, 11:56 PM
The new campus is out on 620 in far northwest Austin.

spursincharge
04-13-2009, 08:12 AM
Tickets are now officially on sale as of 8 am this morning.

Thanks.

CubanMustGo
04-13-2009, 08:54 AM
The new campus is out on 620 in far northwest Austin.

Used to be Schlumberger's campus, they sold the site to Concordia a couple of years ago. It's just north of the 2222/620 intersection.