PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Get Saved By Refs

JordanL
04-12-2009, 10:30 PM
I'd love it if the refs forgot about the 24 second clock for my team too.

poop
04-12-2009, 10:32 PM
bahahaha that was so obviously late.

now i know how it feels to be a Lakers fan :D

Biggems
04-12-2009, 10:34 PM
its about damn time we catch a break at the end of a game....

between the Fisher .4, Fisher no call when he tackled Barry, or the 1 second they stole from us in that last loss to Houston this year, we have gotten screwed over and over at the end of games.

Now, we got one in our favor. Was it a bad call, hell yes. Am I upset about it...as an NBA fan, yes....as a Spurs fan, no.

I do feel the refs should be allowed to review plays like that. I think they need to change the rule to where the refs can review at the buzzer for the first 3 quarters, but anytime in the final 60 seconds of the game, if need be.

sribb43
04-12-2009, 10:35 PM
leave it up to danny crawford to fuck something up....it wasnt even a hard call to make..ridiculous

TimDunkem
04-12-2009, 10:35 PM

It doesn't feel that great.....Oh well. :downspin::flag:

J.T.
04-12-2009, 10:37 PM
leave it up to danny crawford to fuck something up....it wasnt even a hard call to make..ridiculous

Danny Crawford is a Spurs fan. His overweight, alcoholic cousin Joey isn't, however.

JordanL
04-12-2009, 10:38 PM

I think it's fucking ridiculous that ALL THREE refs missed that.

I mean... are they even qualified to ref a high school game?

pauls931
04-12-2009, 10:39 PM
finally.... a game spurs fans won't bitch about the officiating...

sribb43
if the SW Division is decided bc of this bullshit...WOW!!! I'd be pissed if i was a Rockets fan

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
I saw it too. What a shame. I guess the refs heard all the spurs fans complaining that they don't calls that go their way. Well there it is a gift from David Stern. I just don't get it. How can they review if it was a three or a two, but not a 24 sec violation. Especially that it came with just seconds of the end of a game. This is the first time this season that I see something like that. The shot clock was at zero and Finley still had the ball in his hands.

IronMexican
04-12-2009, 10:40 PM
No surprise here, just the refs fixing a game for SA. It wont be the last time. First, the 98 NBA lottery, now this.

Biggems
04-12-2009, 10:40 PM

you mean like all the times we spanked your ass in the playoffs and all you suns fans did was bitch like girls and cry like babies.......for months and years after the fact?

GuerillaBlack
04-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Can the league not review this?

Brazil
lol we did a favor to the Kings better for the lottery

sook
I saw it too. What a shame. I guess the refs heard all the spurs fans complaining that they don't calls that go their way. Well there it is a gift from David Stern. I just don't get it. How can they review if it was a three or a two, but not a 24 sec violation. Especially that it came with just seconds of the end of a game. This is the first time this season that I see something like that. The shot clock was at zero and Finley still had the ball in his hands.

Finley has a history of dirty shit like that, in 05 he got a steal from out of bounds during the last seconds of a playoff games fuck him.

Biggems
No surprise here, just the refs fixing a game for SA. It wont be the last time. First, the 98 NBA lottery, now this.

98 lottery? if you are going to troll or diss us, at least get the fucking year right. it was 97. Duncan was a rookie during the 97-98 year.

Ditty
04-12-2009, 10:42 PM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/fail-owned-door-fail.jpg?w=500&h=333

GuerillaBlack
04-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Finley has a history of dirty shit like that, in 05 he got a steal from out of bounds during the last seconds of a playoff games fuck him.

I remember that. He was clearly out of bounds (standing out of bounds) and stole the ball. Nothing was called.

IronMexican
04-12-2009, 10:43 PM
98 lottery? if you are going to troll or diss us, at least get the fucking year right. it was 97. Duncan was a rookie during the 97-98 year.

Success!

scanry

It was the 1997 draft, not the 98..

Biggems
Success!

:lmao

poop
04-12-2009, 10:44 PM
honestly this situation is ridiculous, an embarassment for the NBA.

GuerillaBlack
04-12-2009, 10:46 PM
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2843/finleycheat.jpg

pauls931
04-12-2009, 10:48 PM
you mean like all the times we spanked your ass in the playoffs and all you suns fans did was bitch like girls and cry like babies.......for months and years after the fact?

I always gave the spurs credit for being the better team. Go be a douchebag elsewhere.

ducks
04-12-2009, 10:49 PM
The red light around the backboard did NOT go off. That's what the refs key off to make the late call.

sook
04-12-2009, 10:50 PM
The red light around the backboard did NOT go off. That's what the refs key off to make the late call.

I don't think it does that for shot clock violations..

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
hey that .4 shot was reviewed and they got it right! I've seen it over and over. That Barry play if they call it, it wasnt in the act of shooting since he put the ball back on the floor. It would've been two free throws. Which would have tied the game, assuming he mades them. if this play was reviewed they would've wiped the three and right now they could be in ot. Who knows!

MarHill

Blame the rule...not the Spurs! Also, blame the shot clock not going off until after Finley released the ball..not the Spurs!!!

:flag:

Kai
04-12-2009, 10:53 PM

http://i44.tinypic.com/2hdw31y.jpg

.....There's NO WAY he was out of bounds.:downspin:

JordanL
04-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Blame the rule...not the Spurs! Also, blame the shot clock not going off until after Finley released the ball..not the Spurs!!!

:flag:

What?

No.

:ihit

I don't care who takes the fucking blame, that last 2.3 seconds should be replayed.

BlackSwordsMan
04-12-2009, 10:56 PM
was legit to me

Ditty
What?

No.

I don't care who takes the fucking blame, that last 2.3 seconds should be replayed.

yall are going to lose in the playoffs when you face the rockets in the first round stop crying :lol

sook
They can review a halfcourt shot but they can't review that wow wtf?!??!!

The REFF WAS STANDING RIGHT BEHIND FINLEY!!!

I swear to god, with the stuff that little asswipe get away with he must be giving the reffs backdoor every game

Ditty
04-12-2009, 11:01 PM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/fail-owned-ownership-fail.jpg?w=500&h=112

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-12-2009, 11:02 PM

You just proved that you're only a spur fan and know nothing about basketball. The red lights only come on at the end of the quarters. Not at every 24 sec. Blazers and Rockets might get screwed over that play.

Biggems
04-12-2009, 11:04 PM
I don't think it does that for shot clock violations..

i didnt think so either, that is why i am not using that argument.

i thought the red light only went off at the end of quarters

KSeal
04-12-2009, 11:12 PM

Priceless. :lmao

Ditty
04-12-2009, 11:15 PM

ducks i should slap you for saying that :lmao

BUMP
04-12-2009, 11:25 PM

proof or it never happened

Spursmania
04-12-2009, 11:26 PM

It would only feel great if it were .4 in a playoff series game.

JordanL
04-12-2009, 11:32 PM
yall are going to lose in the playoffs when you face the rockets in the first round stop crying :lol

Or if this game wasn't handed to you we could beat you in the first round. :downspin:

The thing that is the shittiest is that these refs still have a job.

Missing foul = okay, you missed a call... that sucks...

Missing a 24 second violation = why don't they just pay homeless people to ref the games?

Spursfan092120
04-12-2009, 11:36 PM
Yeah..because God Forbid we start sounding like Phoenix fans.

Ditty
04-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Or if this game wasn't handed to you we could beat you in the first round. :downspin:

Missing a 24 second violation = why don't they just pay homeless people to ref the games?

beating us in the first round :lol

teams that beat us in the regular season don't really succed against us in the post season

last year new orleans:2-2 in regular season beat them in 7 games

2007 lost to cavs in both games in the regular season

swept them in the finals

Spursfan092120
04-12-2009, 11:38 PM

Truth is, we've been screwed by this rule so many times, we were due this. The Rockets game, .4, and MANY others. It's about damn time the rule actually does something for us.

jmanu20
04-12-2009, 11:38 PM
I must say, I have to love how Laker fans seem to be rushing to tell us Spurs fans to NEVER to complain about the refs after being on the right end of a blown call (FOR ONCE) in a regular season game against a lottery team. A blown call might be a blown call, but when this happens to the Lakers in a playoff game, you can come back and call me all sorts of names for all I care. In other words, I will be waiting an eternity.

Spursfan092120
04-12-2009, 11:39 PM
They can review a halfcourt shot but they can't review that wow wtf?!??!!

The REFF WAS STANDING RIGHT BEHIND FINLEY!!!

I swear to god, with the stuff that little asswipe get away with he must be giving the reffs backdoor every game
They can't review the shot because it wasn't at the buzzer..that's the rule. JUST LIKE they couldn't review the extra second that got taken off the clock that forced the Spurs to take a bullshit Matt Bonner shot to try to win against the Rockets. You can't say much dude..seriously. This rule is what gave you the win against the Spurs...

Roxsfan
04-12-2009, 11:39 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2hdw31y.jpg

.....There's NO WAY he was out of bounds.:downspin:

yeah, mac and jon are actually out of bounds and Finley is in:downspin:

Spursfan092120
04-12-2009, 11:42 PM
hey that .4 shot was reviewed and they got it right! I've seen it over and over. That Barry play if they call it, it wasnt in the act of shooting since he put the ball back on the floor. It would've been two free throws. Which would have tied the game, assuming he mades them. if this play was reviewed they would've wiped the three and right now they could be in ot. Who knows!
.4 was not right. They didn't start the clock in time..that's already been admitted...yes, he got the shot off before the buzzer, but only because the clock didn't start right when he caught the ball.

KSeal
04-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Man did the Spurs get off the hook tonight. They should have lost to the pathetic Kings in a game the Spurs desperately needed for playoff positioning. Spurs will be lucky to win a game after April 15th.

dirk4mvp
04-13-2009, 12:10 AM
Looks like the Kings take it up the ass when it comes to the refs. Enjoy your 02 championship, Sac-town :toast

Spursmania
04-13-2009, 12:12 AM
What?

No.

:cry:cry

redzero
04-13-2009, 12:34 AM
At least the Hornets can beat the Kings with buzzer beating 3s in regulation.

dav4463
04-13-2009, 01:45 AM
Spurs would win in OT anyway. Who cares? It just kept the Kings from losing in OT. Trust me. The Kings always find a way to lose.

crc21209
04-13-2009, 02:35 AM

Obviously you dont know our team was fucked as hell that year with injuries. And you shouldnt be one to talk...you got Pau Gasol for free from the NBA. And dont say it wasnt fixed...Jerry West (GM of the Grizzlies) presented the Western Conf. trophy to the Lakers last yr...what kinda shit was that?

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Obviously you dont know our team was fucked as hell that year with injuries. And you shouldnt be one to talk...you got Pau Gasol for free from the NBA. And dont say it wasnt fixed...Jerry West (GM of the Grizzlies) presented the Western Conf. trophy to the Lakers last yr...what kinda shit was that?

Fixed or not that's your opinion! I guess I could start complaining about the AI/ Billups trade. Since it made the nuggets a better team. Now we have to be careful with them. Detroit got the bad part of the deal. Too bad the bobcats couldn't get together earlier or else Detroit wouldn't be in the playoffs.

That's why is a best of seven series. I remember the fans started celebrating at the end of game 3 that they forgot that they still needed to win three more games.

Texas_Ranger
04-13-2009, 08:04 AM
C'mon Blazer fans...Refs like your team also.

JkJsuD9Cb4o

pauls931
04-13-2009, 08:23 AM
I guess the one plus of the 98 lottery is since a contending squad that just happened to be plagued by injuries for one season got the best big man from that point going forwards... We were spared some Lakers/Boston finals.

KSeal
04-13-2009, 08:23 AM

You obviously haven't seen Marc Gasol play. In a year or two he will be better then his brother, Lakers also gave up two first round picks. If those picks turn out and Marc stays on the path he is on that trade will not be a steal at all. Just like the Shaq trade, that was a pretty one sided trade but in time it turned out to be pretty fair. Things always even out and that is just what the Pau deal was, the Lakers finally got what they should have when they traded Shaq.

Biggems
04-13-2009, 08:28 AM
I guess the one plus of the 98 lottery is since a contending squad that just happened to be plagued by injuries for one season got the best big man from that point going forwards... We were spared some Lakers/Boston finals.

who won the 98 lottery?

nevermind, i went and looked it up.....yep that Olowokandi pick by the Clippers really made a huge dent in the Lakers/Boston rivalry.

Biggems
04-13-2009, 08:30 AM
You obviously haven't seen Marc Gasol play. In a year or two he will be better then his brother, Lakers also gave up two first round picks. If those picks turn out and Marc stays on the path he is on that trade will not be a steal at all. Just like the Shaq trade, that was a pretty one sided trade but in time it turned out to be pretty fair. Things always even out and that is just what the Pau deal was, the Lakers finally got what they should have when they traded Shaq.

all I know is, Marc Gasol should have been a Spur......but we drafted Marcus Williams instead. I cant recall if we had a later pick that draft, but I think we could have still gotten Marcus Williams after getting Gasol.

Gasol could have been an insurance policy in case Splitter didn't come over.....and guess what, Splitter didn't come over.

pauls931
04-13-2009, 08:31 AM
who won the 98 lottery?

dammit I was thinking the wrong year... Olawakandi? yuck

KSeal
04-13-2009, 08:42 AM
all I know is, Marc Gasol should have been a Spur......but we drafted Marcus Williams instead. I cant recall if we had a later pick that draft, but I think we could have still gotten Marcus Williams after getting Gasol.

Gasol could have been an insurance policy in case Splitter didn't come over.....and guess what, Splitter didn't come over.

An ass load of teams passed on him, but he made huge improvements the year after he was drafted and then he decided to come over this year and he has a very bright future. He pretty much owns Pau every time they play, cause Pau is soft and Marc isn't for the most part.

Marc is basically just a physical version of Pau, of course right now Pau is the better player in terms of skill but if Marc keeps improving he can without a doubt become the player Pau is and even more.

ElNono
04-13-2009, 08:50 AM
An ass load of teams passed on him, but he made huge improvements the year after he was drafted and then he decided to come over this year and he has a very bright future. He pretty much owns Pau every time they play, cause Pau is soft and Marc isn't for the most part.

Marc is basically just a physical version of Pau, of course right now Pau is the better player in terms of skill but if Marc keeps improving he can without a doubt become the player Pau is and even more.

Now, if we could find a way to trade Marc for Oberto, Vaughn and a 2nd round pick... I guess those trades are reserved for certain teams only...

KSeal
04-13-2009, 08:53 AM
Now, if we could find a way to trade Marc for Oberto, Vaughn and a 2nd round pick... I guess those trades are reserved for certain teams only...

The Spurs should have traded Duncan in his prime for Lamar Odom and Butler, then karma would do you guys good and you could get that trade done. But you didn't do that and you won rings the Lakers should have so you don't deserve to get that trade, the Lakers do.

ElNono
04-13-2009, 08:56 AM
The Spurs should have traded Duncan in his prime for Lamar Odom and Butler, then karma would do you guys good and you could get that trade done. But you didn't do that and you won rings the Lakers should have so you don't deserve to get that trade, the Lakers do.

:lol

TheProfessor
04-13-2009, 09:44 AM

Williams was considered a borderline first rounder at the time, and Gasol had none of the hype associated with him as he did the next year, when he truly broke out. I doubt Williams would have lasted much longer, and I don't recall anyone predicting Gasol would play at the level he eventually did (although I wish the Spurs had taken that chance).

Spursfan092120
04-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Man did the Spurs get off the hook tonight. They should have lost to the pathetic Kings in a game the Spurs desperately needed for playoff positioning. Spurs will be lucky to win a game after April 15th.
LMAO..your Lakers actually lost to the Kings this year..so what does that make you, douchey?

Spursfan092120
04-13-2009, 10:03 AM
Aww..come on dude..you're better than that. As a Laker fan, you MUST be well aware of the screwjob on Sacto that gave you the 2002 title, as well as the clock not starting in time with .4 that would have given US the title. Don't throw stones in a glass house, bro. That damn rule has screwed the Spurs over so many times...already screwed us once this year too...it's about damn time it helps us out for once.

KSeal
04-13-2009, 10:04 AM
LMAO..your Lakers actually lost to the Kings this year..so what does that make you, douchey?

I actually totally forgot about that, so yes I am a gigantic douche for saying this, thanks for calling me out. I guess in the Lakers defense that was super early in the year and they already had like a six game lead in the west and weren't in a dog fight for HCA with three days left in the season like the Spurs but still I am a douche.

Spursfan092120
04-13-2009, 10:11 AM
I actually totally forgot about that, so yes I am a gigantic douche for saying this, thanks for calling me out. I guess in the Lakers defense that was super early in the year and they already had like a six game lead in the west and weren't in a dog fight for HCA with three days left in the season like the Spurs but still I am a douche.
S'alright..since you forgot, we can forgive you...rule #1 of posting tho...lol...always check your teams stats before you bash anothers. :)

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Aww..come on dude..you're better than that. As a Laker fan, you MUST be well aware of the screwjob on Sacto that gave you the 2002 title, as well as the clock not starting in time with .4 that would have given US the title. Don't throw stones in a glass house, bro. That damn rule has screwed the Spurs over so many times...already screwed us once this year too...it's about damn time it helps us out for once.

That's if you guys would've won game 6 to seal the series. And that game against sacto, they had the lead through the whole game. The queens choked!! Like they did last night. Being up at halftime by 10+ without Manu and Duncan. It was pretty much a choke.

KSeal
04-13-2009, 10:20 AM
S'alright..since you forgot, we can forgive you...rule #1 of posting tho...lol...always check your teams stats before you bash anothers. :)

:lol John Salmons just destroyed the Lakers every time we played up in Sac town. I'm glad he is in Chicago now.

SpuronyourFace
04-13-2009, 10:22 AM
Must be nice to get those breaks all the time if you are a laker fan

manufor3
04-13-2009, 10:23 AM
who won the 98 lottery?

nevermind, i went and looked it up.....yep that Olowokandi pick by the Clippers really made a huge dent in the Lakers/Boston rivalry.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Spursfan092120
04-13-2009, 10:27 AM
That's if you guys would've won game 6 to seal the series. And that game against sacto, they had the lead through the whole game. The queens choked!! Like they did last night. Being up at halftime by 10+ without Manu and Duncan. It was pretty much a choke.
No..that's just it..they didn't choke. The calls gave you the game against Sacto. And that .4 just broke our team's heart man..we had nothing left. Got screwed out of that game, went down 3-2, and we lost it..period. Shouldn't have lost though..that was the problem.

Artest93
04-13-2009, 10:35 AM
You just proved that you're only a spur fan and know nothing about basketball. The red lights only come on at the end of the quarters. Not at every 24 sec. Blazers and Rockets might get screwed over that play.

If so, then so be it...Rockets should beat their playoff opponents no matter where they play...

crc21209
04-13-2009, 10:40 AM

Please. Get real.

Dex
04-13-2009, 12:34 PM
I just felt like posting this.

uU35TTWX95c

timaios
04-13-2009, 01:17 PM

Tuesday December 9, 2008

Sacramento 113, LA Lakers 101

At least the Spurs were without Duncan & Ginobili.

Allanon
04-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Refs fucked up on the call. It was obviously a shot call violation. Refs have helped the Spurs probably into the 3rd seed and ticket to the 2nd round with HCA. Spurs got the VERY favorable outcome to that call.

But guess what guys? Refs are human, they make mistakes, some are obvious, some aren't. If you're going to let a game come down to just 1 shot, or 1 call, you don't deserve to win the game.

Even Sac-Town coach Kenny Natt knew it wasn't just about this play:

"Although Natt was confident the buzzer beat Finley, the interim coach knew no game really comes down to a single shot.

"We just got taken advantage of on the offensive boards," Natt said of the 14 offensive rebounds allowed by Sacramento. "Kurt Thomas was really effective in keeping the ball alive for them. We gave them too many opportunities, and they took advantage of that."

Players win or lose a game, only little bitches cry about the refs.

Spursfan092120
04-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Refs fucked up on the call. It was obviously a shot call violation. Refs have helped the Spurs probably into the 3rd seed and ticket to the 2nd round with HCA. Spurs got the VERY favorable outcome to that call.

But guess what guys? Refs are human, they make mistakes, some are obvious, some aren't. If you're going to let a game come down to just 1 shot, or 1 call, you don't deserve to win the game.

Even Sac-Town coach Kenny Natt knew it wasn't just about this play:

"Although Natt was confident the buzzer beat Finley, the interim coach knew no game really comes down to a single shot.

"We just got taken advantage of on the offensive boards," Natt said of the 14 offensive rebounds allowed by Sacramento. "Kurt Thomas was really effective in keeping the ball alive for them. We gave them too many opportunities, and they took advantage of that."

Players win or lose a game, only little bitches cry about the refs.
yet another accurate and good post by Allanon. :tu

Banzai
04-13-2009, 05:57 PM
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2843/finleycheat.jpg

http://aperio.org/media/mediabum/Lol_Gifs_31.gif

LakerHater
04-13-2009, 06:28 PM
So did the lakers, they coulda lost if kobe didn't hold Eric Gordon!!
Watch @ 2:20

2t9zAnHgjxM