PDA

View Full Version : Tyson (documentary)

mexicanjunior
04-13-2009, 03:33 PM
I watched this over the weekend, it was pure greatness. He goes scorched Earth and talks about everything...from his early days with D'amato, to Buster Dougles, to Robin Givens, to his jail term for rape, to the ear biting and finally his retirement. He is very honest and the whole thing will have you going "TMI!!" but in a good way. It is a definite must see for anyone that grew up watching him fight...

Here is the trailer...

s3tycXzQdX8

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2009/03/10/tyson-poster.jpg

Viva Las Espuelas
04-13-2009, 03:34 PM
oh man. i have to see this. does it show him with his pigeons?

IronMexican
04-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Damn, this looks awesome. I have never even heard of this movie. Thanks for the heads up:tu

mexicanjunior
04-13-2009, 03:45 PM
oh man. i have to see this. does it show him with his pigeons?

There is no photos of him with the pigeons but he talks about them in detail...

Viva Las Espuelas
04-13-2009, 03:49 PM
There is no photos of him with the pigeons but he talks about them in detail...
dude, did you see him when he was on kimmel's show when he first went on the air. for the first few months or so they had a co-host for the week and mike was on. he took jimmy to the top of some building and had this coop up there filled with hundreds, if not, thousands of pigeons. i think some he called by name, but he would send them out and command them to fly in certain patterns. it was very bizarre and interesting at the same time. i haven't bothered to see if it's on youtube.

IronMexican
04-13-2009, 03:51 PM
ubIlBKZFHsI

DarkReign
04-13-2009, 04:02 PM
He could have been the greatest...what a waste.

DarkReign
BTW, whats up with the pidgeons?

BacktoBasics
No matter what Tyson does I will always love him. Had D'Amato stayed alive another 10-12 years Tyson would have gone down as the greatest ever.

monosylab1k
04-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Mike Tyson's career with Jimmy Kimmel > Mike Tyson's boxing career

UT0D6gkUdaA

Slydragon
04-13-2009, 08:41 PM
I was looking online for this and found this,

"As the former assistant manager of Mike Tyson I was shocked at the lies and fabrications Mike told in this movie. I was asked to screen this documentary by ESPN which owns the rights to most of the various Tyson fight videos used in the movie. I was more interested in what Mike had to say. The lies he told were: 1. He was always an addict 2. He was always an alcoholic 3. He always had demons 4. Managers Jacobs and Cayton signed him when he was underage 5. Managers Jacobs and Cayton were slave masters It is obvious that Mike's new manager, Harlan Werner, is just as devious as Robin Givens, Don King and Shelly Finkel, the people responsible for Mike going from being the world's most popular athlete (1987 European AP poll) to the bum of the century. In this film Mike completely ignores the period, 1985-1988. when he was a super hero with original managers Bill Cayton and Jim Jacobs. During that time he was the darling of corporate America as evidenced by his being hired to do network TV commercials for Pepsi Cola, Nintendo Video and Kodak Film. Not enough - he was hired by the New York City Police Department, the FBI and the Drug Enforcement Administration to do PSA's. The Police and FBI do not usually hire people to act as role models who are addicts or who have demons. (Please see link below for photos of these campaigns)

In this film Mike, when asked about Robin Givens, simply said he was too young to get married. He must have forgotten that he has already gone on record that she got him to marry him by saying she was pregnant when she never was."

baseline bum
04-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Tyson's always going to be my favorite boxer. I wish he had some self-esteem though. All he does is talk shit about how horrible he is and then he acts on it in a self-fulfilling prophecy. I've never seen anyone who could throw the kind of devastating combos Mike was known for. Too bad he got lazy and spent all of his career after prison trying to knock his opponent out with one punch instead of using those sick combos.

balli
04-13-2009, 10:27 PM

Tyson's always loved birds. Legend has it that the way he discovered he could fight is that he had pigeons as a kid and some bully ripped one of their heads off, so Mike beat the living shit out of him.

That's one of my favorite youtube vids/late night moments ever. Awesome video.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Demonoid for the win!!!!

lefty
04-13-2009, 11:07 PM
I want to watch somebody eat ears, I would rather go with Hannibal

Vinnie_Johnson
04-14-2009, 12:14 AM

He still has over 2000 of them in AZ.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-14-2009, 12:15 AM
He could have been the greatest...what a waste.

At 19 he was, just lost it after Cust died never really got the fire back.

baseline bum
04-14-2009, 01:38 AM
DId anyone see the 6-hour special they did on ESPN classic about Iron Mike? Teddy Atlas just spent the whole time trashing Tyson, and talking about how Cus' last years were miserable with Tyson always pushing him and acting like a spoiled child.

ALVAREZ6
04-14-2009, 01:46 AM
lmao, that pidgeon shit is hilarious, mike doesn't even know wtf he's talking about but that's why it's funny, and of course the awkward moments and uncle frank's comments.

koriwhat
04-14-2009, 01:51 AM
good documentary, lies or not. saw it the other day...

Expresso
04-14-2009, 07:28 AM
No matter what Tyson does I will always love him. .

Figures.

Jesus is my friend!
04-14-2009, 07:32 AM
http://btjunkie.org/torrent/Tyson-2009-DvdRip-Xvid-MegaGun7314006133-16759/33427501e161362f8761ae13166cf4f03f3edcfe8f9a

MannyIsGod
04-21-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm watching it right now - fascinating

Viva Las Espuelas
04-21-2009, 10:25 AM
i love his introduction of Desiree Washington. great, great documentary.

MannyIsGod
04-21-2009, 10:27 AM
I'd imagine he'd make an interesting case study. Its just incredibly fascinating. On one hand I feel a great deal of sadness for him, but on the other hand I think he's far smarter than I ever gave him credit for and that stems some pity I have for him. I think he realizes how fucked up he is, which makes it a lot sadder as well.

Just fascinating.

mexicanjunior
04-21-2009, 11:01 AM
i love his introduction of Desiree Washington. great, great documentary.

Yeah, he sounds REALLY bitter...convinces me even more that he didn't really do it. If he had, I think he would be remorseful and apologizing at this point in his life...

JoeChalupa
04-21-2009, 11:04 AM
I'll have to check this out. I watched the Ali/Frazier documentary over the weekend. :tu

Viva Las Espuelas
04-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Yeah, he sounds REALLY bitter...convinces me even more that he didn't really do it. If he had, I think he would be remorseful and apologizing at this point in his life...
i would tend to agree, but his "i've done it to other women, but not to her" comment really didn't convince me of that. i busted out laughing when he said that.

mexicanjunior
04-21-2009, 11:12 AM
I'll have to check this out. I watched the Ali/Frazier documentary over the weekend. :tu

The Thrilla in Manilla doc was greatness also, watched it last weekend as well. I didn't know alot of the stuff about Frazier helping out Ali with money when he was banned from boxing...

MannyIsGod
04-21-2009, 04:29 PM
The Thrilla in Manilla doc was greatness also, watched it last weekend as well. I didn't know alot of the stuff about Frazier helping out Ali with money when he was banned from boxing...

Was it me or was it way more of a Frazier documentary than a story about the two of them?

SA210
04-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Was it me or was it way more of a Frazier documentary than a story about the two of them?

Yes, it did seem that way, a little anti Ali maybe, anyhow, I loved it, it was really interesting. Wish I recorded it.

Man there just arent' heavyweight fights like that anymore.

And I'm really looking forward to the Tyson documentary too, I'll probably make that my Birthday movie. :king

mavs>spurs2
04-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Had Cus not died, the rest would have been history. Best boxing talent ever in his very short lived prime. Tyson had a fucked up life and once he lost his only friend, that inferiority complex and self hate made him self destruct.

baseline bum
04-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Watching those headbutts in the two Holyfield fights again really pisses me off. Fuck Holyfield; I'm glad he got his fucking ear bitten off with the chickenshit cheat-moves he was pulling. Too bad; that was really the end of Tyson's career.

baseline bum
04-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Had Cus not died, the rest would have been history. Best boxing talent ever in his very short lived prime. Tyson had a fucked up life and once he lost his only friend, that inferiority complex and self hate made him self destruct.

Fucking Don King. :(

SA210
04-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Watching those headbutts in the two Holyfield fights again really pisses me off. Fuck Holyfield; I'm glad he got his fucking ear bitten off with the chickenshit cheat-moves he was pulling. Too bad; that was really the end of Tyson's career.

:lol @ HOLDING-field. That pissed Mike off, the head butts and how much holding Mr. Holdingfield was doing. I wish they would of fought with the gloves off like Mike wanted too.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Mike had some great one liners in his day. When he told buster to bring his big lips over here so he could kiss them was a classic one.

mavs>spurs2
04-22-2009, 12:33 AM
"I think the average person thinks I'm a f**king nut and I deserve whatever happens to me. That's what I believe." -mike tyson

I can't help but feel sorry for the guy, he suffered terribly from low self esteem and once Cus died it went all downhill. He once cried before a fight because Cus wasn't there. He was too mentally unstable to do it on his own, but when paired with a great trainer he was unstoppable. It's too bad he spent his prime years in prison and got away from being such a disciplined fighter. After prison he just wanted to knock people out, going away from the sick combos and evasive style. He's on record to say he kind of lost the hunger once Cus passed, and in fact barely even trained before the Buster Douglas fight, which was his downfall.

Heath Ledger
04-22-2009, 10:38 AM
A recent interview with Tyson there are 6 separate clips.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/375334/what-makes-mike-tyson-happy.jhtml#id=1609723

mavs>spurs2
04-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the post, cool interview. He's obviously changed a lot through the years

Heath Ledger
04-22-2009, 01:09 PM
I just watched the Tyson movie man you can't help but feel kind of sad for this guy. I've followed his whole career, it's quite obvious how much he has finally grown. The saddest thing is not seeing how great he could have been had Cus been in his life for another 10 or so years.

mexicanjunior
04-22-2009, 02:46 PM

Well, at this point, it would be pretty hard to get Ali's side of the story...

SA210
04-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Well, at this point, it would be pretty hard to get Ali's side of the story...

I don't know if this was meant as a joke but it made me :lol

Dr. Gonzo
04-25-2009, 12:38 AM
This documentary is fascinating. He beat the shit out of Spinks.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-25-2009, 12:59 AM
A recent interview with Tyson there are 6 separate clips.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/375334/what-makes-mike-tyson-happy.jhtml#id=1609723

Nice find hard to believe this guy was a cold blooded killer in the ring,he seems so nice.

IronMexican
04-25-2009, 02:54 AM
Excellent documentary. I almost thought I couldn't hate Holyfield than I already do, but it has happened.

Slydragon
04-25-2009, 03:15 AM
Excellent documentary. I almost thought I couldn't hate Holyfield than I already do, but it has happened.

http://img19.picoodle.com/img/img19/3/11/18/f_lc4b673e70cm_ffc7bf5.jpg

WTF, that made me laugh.

IronMexican
04-25-2009, 03:32 AM
Dets what it's suppose to do.

benefactor
08-20-2012, 11:13 PM
Bump.

I finally got to watch this tonight. I don't know how I missed it the first time around. You come out of it with such a strange feeling. Hard to describe.

Avante
08-20-2012, 11:24 PM
The most awesome puncher who ever lived and he wasn't a big heavyweight. Could he have beaten Ali, prime vs prime? Probably not, Ali would keep him eating jabs all night. Win a decision. If he did stand to fight, Tyson would kill him, that wouldn't happen however.

Too bad boxing has faded like it has.