PDA

View Full Version : More Tech Help - making videos

CrazyOne
09-23-2004, 11:23 AM
I've got a new DVD-RW drive... I'm trying to figure out how to make dvds I can stick in a TV dvd player. So far, I'm having trouble finding a good program. For example, I've got a ATI TV capture card, so I've got an hour long TV program recorded as a 3.5 gig mpeg file. What's the easiest way to drop that file onto a disk that will likely play in a TV dvd player?

Nbadan
09-23-2004, 12:56 PM
Two programs that I recommend are the E-Z CD Creator DVD Suite and the Nero DVD Suite. Both of these programs have pretty much everything you need to convert and burn quality DVD's from mpeg files.

(You can also find a full version of NTI Cd Maker on Kazaii that burns DVD's, but you didn't hear that from me)

:hat

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-23-2004, 03:57 PM
Get DVD Shrink. Just type it into Google and go.

CrazyOne
09-23-2004, 08:27 PM
Thank y'all for the help... I'll have to wait til I get home to check it out.

CrazyOne
10-14-2004, 01:03 PM
My DVD writer came with the Nero Suite... specifically crippled so you can't burn videos on a DVD (CD-R will work, though) unless you buy the regular program. :pctoss

exstatic
10-14-2004, 01:18 PM
Try eBay, CO. You should be able to find the software cheaper than retail.

CrazyOne
10-14-2004, 01:42 PM
Alright, I finally took the plunge and signed up with PayPal... I'm not sure what I'm doing, but it should be fun.

CrazyOne
10-14-2004, 01:45 PM
Ex... I've been meaning to ask.. is your avatar a character from the Dune movie?

travis2
10-14-2004, 01:49 PM
it took you this long to figure that out? :lol Yes, that's Kyle MacLaughin as Paul Atreides...

travis2
10-14-2004, 01:50 PM
Alright, I finally took the plunge and signed up with PayPal... I'm not sure what I'm doing, but it should be fun.

Fun? Oh goody...I've got some bee-you-tee-ful real estate to sell you...:devil

CrazyOne
10-14-2004, 02:35 PM
(Note to self: beware of real estate auctions run by anything resembling "T2 Trading Company") :p

CrazyOne
10-21-2004, 07:32 AM
Dang... I'm about to need to go to a confessional myself for saying naughty words...

I got a copy of Roxio Easy Media Creator - Basic DVD edition... when I click on the icon, the main menu pops up for a second and then disappears! On the All Programs part of XP, I can open up some of the submenus, like the Creator classic for CD-R stuff, but I can't get into anything that is DVD related. I bought this on Ebay, so there is no ID number on it that I can use for getting tech help... the roxio.com site says I have to go to the dealer for help.
What good is the stupid DVD-R-RW+R+RW $)%)#& whatever else tags they put on the drive if you can't find software that actually does anything except burn CD-Rs and MP3s????

mouse
10-21-2004, 09:01 AM
That NERO program jacked with my PC also. I had all my photos I took off 42 floppys and then it went Error happy on my arse. Now I have to start over.

Hey CrazyOne now that you have PayPal you can just transfer funds to my account with out having to come over every day.http://www.sahoops.net/smilies/lmao.gif

Bro I saw Doom 3 for 10.00 bucks on Ebay. And I need a Mavericks Jersey for the play off Gtgs. Will you post the link to your movie you are making?