PDA

View Full Version : Court declares Franken leading vote-getter

George Gervin's Afro
04-13-2009, 06:43 PM
http://www.startribune.com/local/42932907.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD 3aPc:_Yyc:aU1yDEmP:QMDCinchO7DU

Court declares Franken leading vote-getter
By BRIAN BAKST , Associated Press

A Minnesota court has confirmed that Democrat Al Franken won the most votes in his 2008 Senate race against Republican Norm Coleman.

Monday's ruling isn't expected to be the final word because Coleman previously announced plans to appeal to the state Supreme Court. He has 10 days to do so. That appeal could mean weeks more delay in seating Minnesota's second senator.

After a statewide recount and seven-week trial, Franken stands 312 votes ahead. Franken actually gained more votes from the election challenge than Coleman, the candidate who brought it.

The state law Coleman sued under merely required three judges to determine who got the most votes and is therefore entitled to an election certificate. That critical certificate is on hold pending appeal.

You guys lost to freaking comedian...:lmao

balli
04-13-2009, 06:46 PM
What an asshole Coleman's being. Step the hell aside dude and let America have its elected senator.

boutons_deux
04-13-2009, 07:19 PM
It's greenmail. Coleman will appeal to the state Supreme Court, take many months more, financed by the RNC, hoping Franken will run out of legal funds.

So will the DNC step in to finance Franken?

Oh, Gee!!
04-13-2009, 07:55 PM
i think we all know that winning more votes doesn't always get you elected

Cant_Be_Faded
04-14-2009, 01:28 AM
One more.
For the good guys.

SA210
04-14-2009, 03:13 AM

DarrinS
04-14-2009, 07:54 AM
Faf

angrydude
04-14-2009, 08:41 PM

tell me about it.

Franken disenfranchised me with all the same day registrations leading to the double voting and paying homeless people to vote that Minnesota is so famous for. Not to mention the double counting of ballots for certain districts as well as the magic ballots that "appeared" in Dinkytown and whatever else the hell they're contesting in the election.

I can't prove any of this of course but neither can the Dems prove any of the accusations thrown around in Florida either. So I figure I, like you, have a right to be bitter about an election till the end of time.

RandomGuy
04-14-2009, 08:53 PM
tell me about it.

Franken disenfranchised me with all the same day registrations leading to the double voting and paying homeless people to vote that Minnesota is so famous for. Not to mention the double counting of ballots for certain districts as well as the magic ballots that "appeared" in Dinkytown and whatever else the hell they're contesting in the election.

I can't prove any of this of course but neither can the Dems prove any of the accusations thrown around in Florida either. So I figure I, like you, have a right to be bitter about an election till the end of time.

Meh. Life sucks, get a helmet.

If he really is a fuck-up, replace him in 6 years.

If not, then he has got to be a bit better than the cry-baby he was running against.

angrydude
04-14-2009, 09:00 PM
meh, I don't really care that much.

I just think its ironic.

PixelPusher
04-14-2009, 10:19 PM
You guys lost to freaking comedian...:lmao

Yeah, but a little humility is in order as our side lost to this guy...

http://www.progressive.org/images/blogstuff/bush_door_gallery__470x391.jpg

...twice.

jack sommerset
04-14-2009, 10:25 PM
What an asshole Coleman's being. Step the hell aside dude and let America have its elected senator.

plus 1

TheRunningMan
04-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Franken won. This has been running on long enough.

Wild Cobra
04-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Franken won. This has been running on long enough.

Yep, even though some activist in an elections office didn't mark "copy" on hundreds, or thousands of ballots, lets stop and let him have the seat. Just one more demonrat to make the public sick of democrats. Republicans should regain their numbers in 2010.

Winehole23
04-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Does Coleman have any grounds to appeal? I'd think the Minnesota SC would hear it regardless. If the Minnesota SC lets the previous ruling stand, it can say so afterward. After that, if anything's appealable, it can go to the US Supreme Court.

This thread joins the action in the probable third quarter.... :wow

balli
04-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Cobra's been uncharacteristically conciliatory in a number of threads today? What's up?

Wild Cobra
04-14-2009, 10:43 PM
Cobra's been uncharacteristically conciliatory in a number of threads today? What's up?
I have been ignoring people like Clambake that annoy the shit out of me. Besides, I get those seasonal mood swings, and the suns been out.

Winehole23
04-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Cobra's been uncharacteristically conciliatory in a number of threads today? What's up?Who knows?

Someone (I can't remember who) once said WC used to be a wishy-washy moderate. I'm not sure whether I believe that but I can just barely imagine it. It made an impression on me.

Maybe Wild Cobra is chameleonic.

Winehole23
04-14-2009, 10:48 PM

Wild Cobra
04-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Who knows?

Someone (I can't remember who) once said WC used to be a wishy-washy moderate. I'm not sure whether I believe that but I can just barely imagine it. It made an impression on me.

Maybe Wild Cobra is chameleonic.
LOL...

Maybe that's what someone thinks libertarians are. I forget when such a thing was said, but that comes to mind. I will admit to being slightly bipolar. Not anything like the clinical definition, but I do get moody.

If you follow my posts from the start, you will see that I am very consistent on my beliefs, but yes, inconsistent in how I treat people. It's the really dumb and really mean people that trip my trigger.

balli
04-14-2009, 11:02 PM
Whatever it is, I'm down... and inspired for self-improvement. And sunshine or no, I'd like to think that jack sommerset's recent performance has partially forced Cobra's hand.

Winehole23
04-14-2009, 11:07 PM
There were a number of open hands extended in Jack's general direction.

Mine, for example. Yours, too.

Wild Cobra
04-14-2009, 11:12 PM
Whatever it is, I'm down... and inspired for self-improvement. And sunshine or no, I'd like to think that jack sommerset's recent performance has partially forced Cobra's hand.
If you remember, several times I've been accused of being a "Bush Supporter" or stronger words, defending him from idiotic attacks, I have said I supported the truth. Same thing here. As much as I dislike president Obama's policies, he is president. I will from time to time point out an unwarranted attack.

Besides, when have I attacked someone just to attack?

Winehole23
04-14-2009, 11:21 PM
Besides, when have I attacked someone just to attack?It has happened numerous times.

I'm pretty sure the incidence could be quantified, but that would be tedious work and tediouser reading. Why not just take my word for it too? Pointing out a gratuitous attack hasn't exactly been your style to date.

Wild Cobra
04-15-2009, 12:44 AM
It has happened numerous times.

I'm pretty sure the incidence could be quantified, but that would be tedious work and tediouser reading. Why not just take my word for it too? Pointing out a gratuitous attack hasn't exactly been your style to date.
I'll admit to attacking certain people readily, but not just for the sake of attacking. Maybe I'm wrong. If so, it was some residual bad feelings about them. Pretty sure my attacks had a purpose rather than just to attack.

baseline bum
04-15-2009, 01:46 AM
I'll admit to attacking certain people readily, but not just for the sake of attacking. Maybe I'm wrong. If so, it was some residual bad feelings about them. Pretty sure my attacks had a purpose rather than just to attack.

Here you are, talking a bunch of bullshit when I had the audacity to post a relevant link to a book about your topic.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117205

George Gervin's Afro
04-15-2009, 07:58 AM
Yeah, but a little humility is in order as our side lost to this guy...

http://www.progressive.org/images/blogstuff/bush_door_gallery__470x391.jpg

...twice.

I stand down..