PDA

View Full Version : Rockets vs. Mavericks

Pages : [1] 2

Roxsfan
04-13-2009, 10:47 PM
If the rox win, they win the SW division.

I say (hope) the rox win a closely fought game by the mavs.
:downspin:

Ghazi
04-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Mavs win, I hope. Only based on Rockets being a mediocre road team and Mavs being good @ home.

Indazone
04-13-2009, 10:58 PM
Should be a good game. May Jason Kidd throw up multiple bricks.

Roxsfan
04-13-2009, 10:58 PM
Mavs win, I hope. Only based on Rockets being a mediocre road team and Mavs being good @ home.

Yeah, if your team is having a vintage night, it's going to be ugly for the rox.

TMAC-YAO-ARTEST
04-13-2009, 11:03 PM
This is going to be a street fight, I can just see it now.:wow

Tmac&Luther
04-13-2009, 11:04 PM

So good at home means barely beating a Al Jeffersonless crappy Wolves team......

Mavs are too inconsistent, they can come out and ball or play like crap at home like tonight, hopefully the bad Mavs show up. Is Jason Terry playing (hope not).

Ghazi
04-13-2009, 11:06 PM
so good at home means barely beating a al jeffersonless crappy wolves team......ok.

31-9

Tmac&Luther
04-13-2009, 11:08 PM
31-9

With one of those home losses coming from Houston. Houston is going for the division clinch and a sweep on the Mavs court.

Ditty
04-13-2009, 11:09 PM
don't the mavs want to play the spurs in the 1st

lets go mavs

Ghazi
04-13-2009, 11:11 PM
With one of those home losses coming from Houston. Houston is going for the division clinch and a sweep on the Mavs court.

Mavs are 31-9 at home, Houston is 20-20 on the road. That's all I'm saying. Quit getting pussy hurt :lol

TMAC-YAO-ARTEST
04-13-2009, 11:20 PM
Mavs are 31-9 at home, Houston is 20-20 on the road. That's all I'm saying. Quit getting pussy hurt :lol

its close to 60% road wins since mac shut it down. So we have a 60% chance at winning this game. The mavs don't have 77% chance of winning b/c their play is not consistent.

how's that for some bad azz analyst work:rolleyes

Tmac&Luther
04-13-2009, 11:21 PM

Who said I was getting "pussy hurt"? I'm just stating a argument on how Houston could walk in there Wednesday and go home with a division win....they've already won there before. (with hurt Tpurse as well)

Shank
04-13-2009, 11:23 PM
May Jason Kidd throw up multiple bricks.

It's a deal!

Matchman
04-13-2009, 11:24 PM
if the Rockets win great we got ourselves the first division title since the championship years.
if the Rockets lose thats fine too because that means that the Jazz will be playing the Lakers in the 1st round :lol

Ghazi
04-13-2009, 11:26 PM
Who said I was getting "pussy hurt"? I'm just stating a argument on how Houston could walk in there Wednesday and go home with a division win....they've already won there before. (with hurt Tpurse as well)

I don't disagree...

It will be a good game, I just give beloved Mavs an edge on this particular night since its at home, and HC does make difference in NBA.

If we hit our shots like against Utah and Phoenix, we will win. If we have a 8 minute FG drought w/ TO's and 14 missed shots, we will lose. Houston is a good defense so it will be a tough game, but beloved J-Ho will be back so the offene may not stagnate as much as it did tonight for a stretch.

monosylab1k
04-13-2009, 11:29 PM
Meh, I'd almost rather the Mavs lose and Utah beat LA. Dallas isn't doin shit in the playoffs anyway, it would be more fun to go to the AAC and see Kobe curbstomp the Mavs instead of some douchebag like Carmelo.

Kai
04-13-2009, 11:29 PM
I expect the Rockets to come out with great defensive intensity and win a gritty game. Hopefully Portland takes care of the Nuggets and we shoot right on up to the 2 seed.

monosylab1k
04-13-2009, 11:30 PM
I expect the Rockets to come out with great defensive intensity and win a gritty game. Hopefully Portland takes care of the Nuggets and we shoot right on up to the 2 seed.

:tu

And then LA tanks to Utah.

Many PackYao
04-13-2009, 11:31 PM
The Mavs always get up to play the Rockets and Spurs plus they're at home. So, I say the Mavs win by 5-10 pts.:bang

Kai
04-13-2009, 11:31 PM
:tu

And then LA tanks to Utah.

You really don't think the Mavs have a shot in a series against the Nuggets??

Indazone
04-13-2009, 11:33 PM
If we win, then the Spurs get the Blazers. Good times :tu

monosylab1k
04-13-2009, 11:33 PM
You really don't think the Mavs have a shot in a series against the Nuggets??

well they can win a game, which is more than they will do against the Lakers. But if I'm going to pay big money to watch the Mavs get their asses kicked in the playoffs, I'd rather pay to see Kobe and not backward fighting pussy Carmelo.

IronMexican
04-13-2009, 11:34 PM
I don't.

I gave them a shot vs NO a year ago.

Ghazi
04-13-2009, 11:39 PM
well they can win a game, which is more than they will do against the Lakers. But if I'm going to pay big money to watch the Mavs get their asses kicked in the playoffs, I'd rather pay to see Kobe and not backward fighting pussy Carmelo.

Quit being negative.

Ghazi
04-13-2009, 11:40 PM
You know the Mavs can still play the Rockets, Nuggets, Lakers, Spurs, or Blazers in the 1st round.

Shank
04-13-2009, 11:47 PM
You know the Mavs can still play the Rockets, Nuggets, Lakers, Spurs, or Blazers in the 1st round.

There's also a scenario out there where the Mavs would play the '83 Bullets.

Ghazi
04-13-2009, 11:48 PM
Nuggets ain't that fucking good anyway. Their record is inflated by an insane record against lottery teams and a few lucky last second shots against the Thunder.

They lose over 50% of their games against winning teams and are bad on the road, just like the Mavs.

3 of the 4 games came down to the final minute against them. One came down to a bullshit whistle, one came down to Dirk rimming out the final shot, and our all star small forward played a combined 15 minute in the final 3 games.

I'm not saying we'd win, but a championship core has a shot against a team whose best player shoots 40 fucking % over 24 playoff games.

Pelicans78
04-13-2009, 11:57 PM
If houston slows the game down and force the Mavs to play a half-court game, it will be a big advantage for the Rockets. However, shot selection is the key. A bad shot can lead to a fast break from Kidd or Terry. Are you listening Artest?

monosylab1k
04-14-2009, 12:02 AM
3 of the 4 games came down to the final minute against them. One came down to a bullshit whistle, one came down to Dirk rimming out the final shot, and our all star small forward played a combined 15 minute in the final 3 games.

Winning's winning.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f228/sweetkisses154/the-fast-and-the-furious.jpg

Ghazi
04-14-2009, 12:11 AM
I agree, I'm just trying to say they ain't "that" fucking good, even though the Mavs are in the same boat.

I don't put much stock into the 0-4 record v them, just like I don't put much stock into the 3-0 record v Portland. Both would be tough series, likely losses, but our fucking boys would have a shot because Dirk, the 2007 MVP, the 2006 NBA Champion, is the best player on the fucking court. (IMO :))

BUMP
04-14-2009, 12:13 AM
call me crazy but im not scared of anybody in the West except for LA and slightly New Orleans

Brickhouse
04-14-2009, 12:56 AM
Nuggets ain't that fucking good anyway. Their record is inflated by an insane record against lottery teams and a few lucky last second shots against the Thunder.

They lose over 50% of their games against winning teams and are bad on the road, just like the Mavs.

I'm not saying we'd win, but a championship core has a shot against a team whose best player shoots 40 fucking % over 24 playoff games.

The Nuggets are an athletic team and have explosive scorers, just the type of team that give the Mavs fits.

Unless Mavs can get 6th (with help from NO), then 7th or 8th- either will be a quick exit. Of course, not being 8th gives them some false confidence, which hey go for it then.

Ghazi
04-14-2009, 01:06 AM
Ain't sayin we match up well with em, just sayin they ain't that fuckin good and are beatable, unlike the Lakers who are an automatic loss (for any West team). Fuck their athleticism, fuck that backward fighting pussy. Their bigs are prolly a nuisance for Damp/Dirk though, and they have an explosive wing player, two w/ JR. Billups is a good PG but I dont think he'd torch Kidd like Paul/Parker do.

If I HAD to guess I'd say nuggets in 5. but if Mavs could somehow steal one of the first 2 in Denver things would be interesting IMO.

Meh, let the chips fall where they may. :smokin.

Findog
04-14-2009, 01:25 AM
Mavs could beat Denver, but I consider it unlikely. They'd need HCA, and they won't have it.

kamikazi_player
04-14-2009, 01:31 AM
Dallas can't beat Denver, if i were the Mavs, i would face either the spurs or trailblazers.

Indazone
04-14-2009, 02:32 AM
JVG: The only team in the West that poses a serious threat to the Lakers are Rockets because of their ability to put 2 great defenders in the game who can slow down Kobe

Jackson: I don't agree at all..that makes no sense

Why?

Jackson: Because the Lakers have big guys like Pau and Bynum who can stop Yao Ming.

JVG: Oh come on. That makes no sense. Bynum or Pau cannot guard Yao one on one. Please, stop it. There is no chance they can stop Yao. The only thing that can cause Yao problems is their help defense. Yao will end up wearing them down.

Ditty
04-14-2009, 02:38 AM
JVG: The only team in the West that poses a serious threat to the Lakers are Rockets because of their ability to put 2 great defenders in the game who can slow down Kobe

Jackson: I don't agree at all..that makes no sense

Why?

Jackson: Because the Lakers have big guys like Pau and Bynum who can stop Yao Ming.

JVG: Oh come on. That makes no sense. Bynum or Pau cannot guard Yao one on one. Please, stop it. There is no chance they can stop Yao. The only thing that can cause Yao problems is their help defense. Yao will end up wearing them down.

well then yall should get the 4th or 5th seed and knock out LA in the second round and meet us in the WCF fir a good old texas BBQ

Spursmania
04-14-2009, 08:51 AM
well then yall should get the 4th or 5th seed and knock out LA in the second round and meet us in the WCF fir a good old texas BBQ

Yeah, I'll bring the beer:toast

Rogue
04-14-2009, 08:55 AM
So good at home means barely beating a Al Jeffersonless crappy Wolves team......

Mavs are too inconsistent, they can come out and ball or play like crap at home like tonight, hopefully the bad Mavs show up. Is Jason Terry playing (hope not).
Al woudn't have made any difference even if he had played that game, the 7'6 crap who sucks everytime facing Al is in baboon-ass red but not in blue. :lol

Rogue
04-14-2009, 08:58 AM
son the guy in my avatar is the honorable soccer player Fernando Torres who is the best soccer player on this planet. the red Torres wears is different from the rockets red, check it from MB if you don't believe me.

Brazil
04-14-2009, 11:07 AM
son the guy in my avatar is the honorable soccer player Fernando Torres who is the best soccer player on this planet. the red Torres wears is different from the rockets red, check it from MB if you don't believe me.

What about kaka and messi for instance ?

DPG21920
04-14-2009, 11:21 AM
What about kaka and messi for instance ?

http://soccerlens.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/cristiano_ronaldo_football_hero.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_J79hSyOiy3s/ScnGsGMQRNI/AAAAAAAABNU/o4CuQ0AKKOs/s320/steven_gerrard_1.jpg

These guys would like to come to the party.

Morg1411
04-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Go...(gack)....Mavs!

(There, I said it. Now I have to go wash.)

KidCongo
04-14-2009, 11:33 AM

Melo is a 2nd round virgin.

Go Mavs!

Morg1411
04-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Melo is a 2nd round virgin.

Go Mavs!

:lol

benefactor
04-14-2009, 12:34 PM
Go Mavs.............................................. ...............I need to vomit.

Indazone
04-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Lets go Rockets. Lets finish this!

:toast

http://i8.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/30/f7/f235_1.GIF

04-14-2009, 08:23 PM
This is it.let beat the boy in blue.GO ROCKETS GO.

Double-Up
04-14-2009, 08:25 PM
Al woudn't have made any difference even if he had played that game, the 7'6 crap who sucks everytime facing Al is in baboon-ass red but not in blue. :lol

Wow, this fool is a fucking retard. I don't know who takes the honor's of Jackass of the Year but you're giving SpursDynasty a run for his money so far.

Roxsfan
04-14-2009, 08:31 PM
If houston slows the game down and force the Mavs to play a half-court game, it will be a big advantage for the Rockets. However, shot selection is the key. A bad shot can lead to a fast break from Kidd or Terry. Are you listening Artest?

the rox can fast break now too, especially the 2nd unit.

Jacob1983
04-15-2009, 01:55 AM
Can the Mavs win an important game against the Rockets or will they be tasting the Rockets' asses after the game?

I ask that question because the Mavs have been very inconsistent when it comes to big games this year. They beat the Suns in Dallas a few weeks ago which basically got them into the playoffs. They beat the Hornets in Dallas last Friday but sucked ass against the Hornets in N.O. And they kept their hopes of getting the 6th or 7th seed alive on a last second shot by Terry.

Kai
04-15-2009, 01:59 AM
Mavs fans who keep talking about playing the Nuggets if Dallas loses tomorrow: You do know that there is a very good chance you'll play the Rockets as the 2 seed, right?

BUMP
04-15-2009, 02:12 AM
if we lose to the Rockets?

HELL NO!

nobody comes into the Temple of Doom aka the AAC and comes out alive this late in the year!

Mavericks by no less than 10!

Book it!

Kai
04-15-2009, 02:35 AM
if we lose to the Rockets?

HELL NO!

nobody comes into the Temple of Doom aka the AAC and comes out alive this late in the year!

Mavericks by no less than 10!

Book it!

While that may be true, I was pointing out the fact that if by some chance the Mavs do lose, playing Denver is FAR from a sure thing. If Portland were to win at home against the Nuggets, the Rockets would become the new 2 seed, facing the 7th seeded Mavs/Hornets.

Again, I'm not predicting a victory for either team tomorrow, I'm just reminding you guys that you don't necessarily play Denver if you lose tomorrow.

DaDakota
04-15-2009, 07:15 AM
Game is meaningless for Dallas today.....same for New Orleans.......

Houston needs it more......gonna be fun to watch.

DD

Texas_Ranger
04-15-2009, 07:37 AM
Dirk scores 50 tonight and the Mavs win by 20!

Artest93
04-15-2009, 08:53 AM
All on the line tonight for seeds 2-8....Playoff intensity :toast

sribb43
04-15-2009, 09:03 AM
All on the line tonight for seeds 2-8....Playoff intensity :toast

2-7:toast

KSeal
04-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Owned

Strike
04-15-2009, 11:01 AM
Go...(gack)....Mavs!

(There, I said it. Now I have to go wash.)

I don't think that kind of dirty washes off...

monosylab1k
04-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Game is meaningless for Dallas today

lol this still means a lot to Dallas. They don't want to face Denver. A matchup with Houston or San Antonio is much more favorable for the Mavs.

sribb43
04-15-2009, 12:37 PM
lol this still means a lot to Dallas. They don't want to face Denver. A matchup with Houston or San Antonio is much more favorable for the Mavs.

+1...I'll take my chance against Rox/Spurs...Mavs would get rolled by Denver, too much athleticism

Artest93
04-15-2009, 12:42 PM
But Denver plays no defense, plus if you get Carmelo frustrated, he might suckerpunch somebody and get thrown out of the series....I would love that:toast

sribb43
04-15-2009, 12:43 PM
But Denver plays no defense, plus if you get Carmelo frustrated, he might suckerpunch somebody and get thrown out of the series....I would love that:toast

The Spurs D is nothing that it has been in the past and their older legs - Manu = best matchup for Dallas

Morg1411
04-15-2009, 12:48 PM
I want Spurs/Mavs because it will be a fun series, as would Rockets/Blazers and Nuggets/Hornets. Texas Triangle have all matched up fairly well with one another this year, so any series involving two of the home cooked teams will be a treat to watch.

endrity
04-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Even Portland seems to be a great matchup for Dallas. Denver is definetely too athletic, especially in the frontcourt, for me to think the Mavs have a chance.

BUMP
04-15-2009, 12:51 PM
We all give the Rocketfans a hard time for their failure for getting out of the first round, but Denver hasnt been out of the first round since they upset Seattle in 94 which is even longer than Houston.:lol

BUMP
04-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Texas Triangle have all matched up fairly well with one another this year, so any series involving two of the home cooked teams will be a treat to watch.

Totally agree.:toast

sribb43
04-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Might as well get some excitment in the 1st round with a Spurs/Mavs matchup bc thats pretty much all the Mavs fans could hope for with this team

DPG21920
04-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Mavs, please do not suck tonight. It is not that I want the Spurs to play the Mavs, it is just the ideal scenario if the Spurs can get past them.

sribb43
04-15-2009, 12:55 PM
We all give the Rocketfans a hard time for their failure for getting out of the first round, but Denver hasnt been out of the first round since they upset Seattle in 94 which is even longer than Houston.:lol

Wouldnt it be another fail for Mavs fans if Denver or Houston got out of the 1st round by beating the Mavs? Bring on the Spurs at least if we lose to them we can still keep what little dignity he have as a fan base

sribb43
04-15-2009, 12:55 PM
mavs, please do not suck tonight. It is not that i want the spurs to play the mavs, it is just the ideal scenario if the spurs can get past them.

+1

DPG21920
04-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Lets make the Lakers have to play a physical (yet currently terrible) Jazz, then have to beat Houston or the Blazers. Even though the Lakers will win both, it is just the hardest possible path to the WCF for them.

Ghazi
04-15-2009, 01:03 PM
Denver, Houston, San Antonio... it really doesn't matter, our guys are gonna lose :(

We used to have the psyche to win 2 games in Houston when down 2-0, and win a Game 7 in San Antonio as well as eliminate the Suns on their home court.

But ever since Bennett Salvatore made the worst call in the history of sports, robbing our beloved Mavs of a championship, our psyche has been destroyed. The guys are 35-47 in the last 2 years on the road, 0-6 in the last 6 road playoff games, and the shooting hovers around 40%.

I feel for our boys, I really do. If Bennett Salvatore does not make the worst call in the history of sports, the course of this franchise would probably have been much different, and we would be going for our 4th straight championship this year.

the likely outcome is LLWLL with Dirk saying "we just didn't make our shots this series"... after Game 4.

But the JET says great things are in store for this team, and so if JET believes, I believe :). WE shall follow our beloved Mavs to the gates of hell, to the ends of time, ends of the Earth.

Sportstudi
04-15-2009, 01:19 PM

Not only you :toast

Sportstudi
04-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Lets make the Lakers have to play a physical (yet currently terrible) Jazz, then have to beat Houston or the Blazers. Even though the Lakers will win both, it is just the hardest possible path to the WCF for them.

Definitely.

Btw, what happened with the thread and Bump's sick joke? Deleted?

DPG21920
04-15-2009, 01:22 PM
It is a win/win for the Spurs tonight with regards to the Mavs. If the Mavs win, then great for the Spurs, they are the 3rd seed. If they can beat the Mavs, they will avoid the Lakers until the WCF.

If the Mavs tank and lose tonight, Spurs fans can forever continue talking trash because the Mavs tried to duck us.

Findog
04-15-2009, 01:22 PM
But Denver plays no defense

One Year Ago Forum

Sportstudi
04-15-2009, 01:23 PM
If the Mavs tank and lose tonight, Spurs fans can forever continue talking trash because the Mavs tried to duck us.

Well, I'm sure regardless today's outcome some fans will continue talking trash. They just can't stop it. :rolleyes

Artest93
04-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Why would the Mavs want to tank?

DPG21920
04-15-2009, 02:21 PM
To avoid the Spurs, which would be stupid.

Morg1411
04-15-2009, 02:22 PM

They don't.

BUMP
04-15-2009, 02:30 PM
To avoid the Spurs, which would be stupid.

yeah, its well known that everyone in the West is trying their best to get out of that 6th spot to face the buzzsaw known as the San Antonio Spurs.

sribb43
04-15-2009, 02:32 PM
If Mavs lose to the Spurs without Manu....Mavs fans should never be able to bring up '06 Game 7 ever again

sribb43
04-15-2009, 02:49 PM

Is no reason to tank bc if they won in the 1st round and NO won their matchup then Mavs would have homecourt in the 2nd round against NO and that would be huge...not a likely scenario but you never know

DPG21920
04-15-2009, 03:00 PM
yeah, its well known that everyone in the West is trying their best to get out of that 6th spot to face the buzzsaw known as the San Antonio Spurs.

Read. He asked why they would want to tank and the only reason possible is to avoid the Spurs, there is no other scenario. I said it would be stupid, meaning they do not want to tank and they want to play the Spurs.

Go start another thread.

BUMP
04-15-2009, 03:05 PM
alright Rappin' Vinny

Jacob1983
04-15-2009, 03:06 PM
The 2006 Mavs were a far better team than this year's Mavs especially against the Spurs. You can say whatever you want about the Mavs but you can't take away the fact that they are one of two teams this decade to beat the Spurs in the playoffs therefore preventing the Spurs from repeating.

DPG21920
04-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Bump: "please pink me so I can start threads with the user name Bump.. I am so clever!"

Hugo.

i LUV da SpURZ
04-15-2009, 03:38 PM
go daLLas

DPG21920
04-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Are any of you Mav fans going to the game?

Indazone
04-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Lets Go ROCKETS! BRING IT!

MavDynasty
04-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Dirk kicking ass as usual lol

Jho 0-4, all jumpshots no surprises there

The Franchise
04-15-2009, 07:27 PM
So glad to see Lowry in instead of Brooks. He settles down the offense.

endrity
04-15-2009, 07:28 PM
great start, let's keep it going, as well as the Spurs beating the Hornets!

Indazone
04-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Maybe Brooks will be a star someday. Right now he's too inconsistant and plays out of control. A young Parker maybe.

Amarelooms
04-15-2009, 07:29 PM
Rockets want no part of the Mavs...best for them to lose :elephant

The Franchise
04-15-2009, 07:31 PM
Rockets want no part of the Mavs...best for them to lose :elephant

We'll win this game, I guarantee it.

The Franchise
04-15-2009, 07:38 PM
We are doing everything we can to lose so far. Luckily, Dallas isn't taking advantage.

Indazone
04-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Well so far it's been ugly. What are we doing resting the starters?

Indazone
04-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Where's Yao? Scola? Artest?

BUMP
04-15-2009, 07:40 PM
wow i just realized if we win tonight that's 8 straight years of 50+ wins.

nobody outside of SA, has accomplished that

The Franchise
04-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Their finally starting to settle down now.

BUMP

i dont think i could ever take Houston seriously. even if they are a higher seed than us

Indazone
If they get the ball to Yao, he can't be stopped

Indazone
04-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Wafer should be the starting SG. Nobody else can light it up like he can.

BUMP
04-15-2009, 07:47 PM
If they get the ball to Yao, he can't be stopped

with this matador defense i'd have to agree with you!

BUMP
04-15-2009, 07:48 PM
wtf? Yao's actually.......really good. damn

Indazone
04-15-2009, 07:49 PM
Yaoooooooo!!!

The Franchise
04-15-2009, 07:50 PM

i dont think i could ever take Houston seriously. even if they are a higher seed than us

You don't have to take us seriously to get beat by us. :lol

Indazone
04-15-2009, 07:51 PM
tie game. Artest..I was like nooooo don't shoot that. Then it was like..uh ok cool.

BUMP
You don't have to take us seriously to get beat by us. :lol

i was just kidding.

as of right now this series would probably go seven ala SA-Dallas of a few years ago. thats how even these two teams are as of right now

The Franchise
Batman!!!!

Indazone
04-15-2009, 07:53 PM
sweet..didn't know Battier could get his 3 ptrs off that fast. Rockets with the lead.

The Franchise
04-15-2009, 07:57 PM
i was just kidding.

as of right now this series would probably go seven ala SA-Dallas of a few years ago. thats how even these two teams are as of right now

I would prefer we win tonight and play NO than Dallas in the first round. I feel much more confident in that pairing than this one.

BUMP
04-15-2009, 07:59 PM
I would prefer we win tonight and play NO than Dallas in the first round. I feel much more confident in that pairing than this one.

b4 tonight i felt pretty confident against Houston but i havent seen them play in awhile and they look much improved without T-back. now im thinking twice and i might actually want Denver instead

Indazone
This is very good. Yao is on fire tonight!

The Franchise
Kyle Lowry baby!!!

dirk4mvp
04-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Yao fans bust nuts over this shit?

Indazone
04-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Damn, Yao already has 19 pts and it's not halftime yet.

BUMP
04-15-2009, 08:03 PM
im guessing if Houston wins this game they win the SW division?

cause they seem pretty determined

dirk4mvp
04-15-2009, 08:04 PM
I just woke up, maybe he did a windmill or something?

Indazone
Houston wins, they win the SW Division outright

dirk4mvp
Damn, Yao already has 19 pts and it's not halftime yet.

That's kinda average. Dirk does that in quarters sometimes.

Ghazi
04-15-2009, 08:05 PM
It's gonna take a lot of hot shooting to win this one. Houston's just better than the guys.

Indazone
04-15-2009, 08:06 PM
This looks like the Yao when he lit up games for 30-40 pts under Van Gundy.

IronMexican
04-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Lol, Mavericks

The Franchise
Good first half. The fellas started out a little shaky, but got it going to lead at the half.
I really hope Aaron Brooks plays a little better in the second half. He irritates the shit out of me when he can't get us into our basic offense.

BUMP
i was stunned that last shot didnt go in for Yao the way he has been shooting today

Sportstudi
It's not Lowry, it's due to RC's shitty rotations. Dirk got cold. Nobody has shut down Dirk Nowitzki this game but RC. In-out-in-out-in... RC, there are some things in your coaching style which clearly don't have a positive effect one the game.

sook
04-15-2009, 08:08 PM

Yea as a matter of fact he did that tonight, Scola can not fucking guard him!!!

Every rocket fan knew that, Dirk was open on almost every shot hopefully rick adelman has learned his lesson

Indazone
Meanwhile, Spurs are in a dogfight with the Hornets. Hornets 50 - Spurs 48

sook
It's not Lowry, it's due to RC's shitty rotations. Dirk got cold. Nobody has shut down Dirk Nowitzki this game but RC. In-out-in-out-in... RC, there are some things in your coaching style which clearly don't have a positive effect one the game.

Lowry does this almost every game...he did the same shit vs NO, we were down 6, then we go on a 28-4 run

Pelicans78
04-15-2009, 08:09 PM

Chandler looked pretty good in the first half with 10 points. Honestly, if we're healthy, we're much better than Dallas. No offense Maverick fans, it's just the truth.

dirk4mvp

Yea as a matter of fact he did that tonight, Scola can not fucking guard him!!!

Every rocket fan knew that, Dirk was open on almost every shot hopefully rick adelman has learned his lesson

I'm just messing around but Kill Bill is in here acting like the sky is falling.

BUMP
at the end of the night Houston could either be #2 or #5.

LOL

Pelicans78
Meanwhile, Spurs are in a dogfight with the Hornets. Hornets 50 - Spurs 48

Chandler won't play in the 2nd half. Scott wanted him to play one half only. He looked pretty good with 10 points.

sook
04-15-2009, 08:10 PM
at the end of the night Houston could either be #2 or #5.

LOL

is that a record?

angrydude
04-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Yao fans bust nuts over this shit?

Yao hasn't really done all that much in a row this year. He usually just gets buckets when they need one, not every time down the court. Especially not in the first half. They usually don't pass it too him that much in the 1st half.

Indazone
04-15-2009, 08:11 PM
If the Spurs lose to the Hornets and this game keeps going the way it is, does that mean the Spurs get the Blazers?

Sportstudi
04-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Lowry does this almost every game...he did the same shit vs NO, we were down 6, then we go on a 28-4 run

Okay, Lowry did a better job on Dirk as Scola, but Dirk is someone who needs to stay in his rhythm. He took him out in the end of the first quarter, put him in again for the second, then out again after just two minutes of playing only to insert him again for the final three. That's bullshit.

Ghazi
Chandler looked pretty good in the first half with 10 points. Honestly, if we're healthy, we're much better than Dallas. No offense Maverick fans, it's just the truth.

Mavs 49-32

Hornets 49-32

"much" better.

Weren't you the one saying Chandler for Wilcox/Smith was a roster improvement?

Chandler sucks.

sook
Okay, Lowry did a better job on Dirk as Scola, but Dirk is someone who needs to stay in his rhythm. He took him out in the end of the first quarter, put him in the second, then out again after just two minutes only to insert him again for the final three. That's bullshit.

Lowry didn't defend Dirk, Landry did...

Kyle Lowry is the PG

mytespurs
04-15-2009, 08:13 PM
If the Spurs lose to the Hornets and this game keeps going the way it is, does that mean the Spurs get the Blazers?

I think the Spurs are the 5th seed if they lose (and they're down by 2 at the half) and another scenario. Rockets win-they get the division but I'm not sure what seed.

Sportstudi
Lowry didn't defend Dirk, Landry did...

Kyle Lowry is the PG

Ups, yes, my bad :lol

But IMO the major reason is that Dirk lost his rhythm after RC's shitty rotations. Starter-out-in-out-in... Three stretches of playing in just two quarters. :bang

angrydude
Landry usually isn't that good at Defense either. average at best. I'm inclined to agree with the maverick fans on this one. (except for that block)

04-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Go rockets go

sook
04-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Ups, yes, my bad :lol

But IMO the major reason is that Dirk lost his rhythm after RC's shitty rotations. Starter-out-in-out-in... Three stretches of playing in just two quarters. :bang

No problem.

Pelicans78
04-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Mavs 49-32

Hornets 49-32

"much" better.

Chandler sucks.

Didn't we kick your asses when Chandler played the previous game in New Orleans on TNT? Seriously, it's the truth. We're 19-5 with Chandler, West, Peja, Butler, and Paul starting together.

sook
04-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Landry usually isn't that good at Defense either. average at best. I'm inclined to agree with the maverick fans on this one. (except for that block)

Agreed, jhe is actually a shitty defender but he does a good job on PFs that can shoot, like Pau and Dirk

Pelicans78
04-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Mavs 49-32

Hornets 49-32

"much" better.

Chandler sucks.

Because I didn't realize Chandler was playing hurt all season with that bad ankle. He hurt it the very first game of the season at Golden State.

BUMP
04-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Because I didn't realize Chandler was playing hurt all season with that bad ankle. He hurt it the very first game of the season at Golden State.

ok:rolleyes

The Franchise
04-15-2009, 08:18 PM

Landry is a little below average actually. In the last game against NO Lowry did a better job in the post on Posey than Landry. That should never happen. :lol

Ghazi
04-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Didn't we kick your asses when Chandler played the previous game in New Orleans on TNT? Seriously, it's the truth. We're 19-5 with Chandler, West, Peja, Butler, and Paul starting together.

Who cares? 49-32, 49-32. That's all that matter. only in pretend world are the hornets the only team in the league that's dealt with injuries this year.

That was a back to back for the Mavs with J-Ho missing hte 2nd half too, while we're making excuses.

Roxsfan
04-15-2009, 08:20 PM

we get it bro, either you really hate Yao or you're jealous or both---now shut the fuck up yo

http://slamonline.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/yaowallwide.jpg

Pelicans78
04-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Who cares? 49-32, 49-32. That's all that matter. only in pretend world are the hornets the only team in the league that's dealt with injuries this year.

That was a back to back for the Mavs with J-Ho missing hte 2nd half too, while we're making excuses.

Jumpshooters.

Pelicans78
04-15-2009, 08:22 PM
who cares? 49-32, 49-32. That's all that matter. Only in pretend world are the hornets the only team in the league that's dealt with injuries this year.

That was a back to back for the mavs with j-ho missing hte 2nd half too, while we're making excuses.

3-1

TampaDude
04-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Fucking worthless choking Mavs...fuck...

BUMP
04-15-2009, 08:23 PM
wow where's the F'ing defense!?

Indazone
04-15-2009, 08:24 PM
Dirk and Yao are pretty even scoring with the edge to Yao so far.

Yao 19 pts 7 rebs
Dirk 16 pts 6 rebs

Dirk has played more minutes

Spur-Addict
04-15-2009, 08:24 PM
They're just getting beaten up in the post. (Mavs)

BUMP
04-15-2009, 08:25 PM

dirk4mvp
04-15-2009, 08:25 PM
This game's over folks. Go have dinner with your families.

Indazone
04-15-2009, 08:26 PM
Well the third qtr has started off well for the Rockets :D

BUMP
04-15-2009, 08:27 PM
Wao

icem
04-15-2009, 08:27 PM
mavs gettin' owned.... as usual

LOL damn you guys can't do anything right

dirk4mvp
04-15-2009, 08:28 PM
mavs gettin' owned.... as usual

LOL damn you guys can't do anything right

Why can't your team do shit by their self?

Indazone
04-15-2009, 08:28 PM
You know you're in trouble when Yao starts hitting jumpers from 20 ft.

IronMexican
04-15-2009, 08:29 PM
LMAO Mavericks

lurker
04-15-2009, 08:30 PM
I hate our boys in blue.

dirk4mvp
04-15-2009, 08:31 PM
I hope none of you fucks ever said Scola doesn't flop.

BUMP
04-15-2009, 08:32 PM
We've totally lost our composure, Dirk trying to plow through people, Dampier just mauling people, Yao hitting 20 footers.

Indazone
04-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Well that was not a flop freaking Dirk what a pussy

BUMP
04-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Dirk has to step up to energize the rest of the team or this will get really ugly.

and of course a little defense

dirk4mvp
lmao scola you offensively retarded baboon.

The Franchise
Good drive by Howard.

BUMP
04-15-2009, 08:34 PM
i dont think Scola flopped that time

Blake
04-15-2009, 08:34 PM
damn, josh howard is really sucking up the place.

BUMP
04-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Dirk is pissed, i think he's about to go off

Indazone
Brooks with his stupid shots argh

Indazone
If Dirk goes off we'll just put Artest on him lol

Indazone
04-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Actually, come to think of it, why is Scola defending Dirk? Fuck put Artest on him he's our lockdown defender.

BUMP
04-15-2009, 08:37 PM
we're looking for calls way to much, i still like Dirk to be aggressive

BUMP
04-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Hollins running the floor

BUMP
04-15-2009, 08:40 PM
our efforts looking a lot better

Indazone
04-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Luis cannot stop Dirk. He's also missing his shots tonight. I'd rather see Landry out there.

BUMP
04-15-2009, 08:42 PM
Dirk!!!

The Franchise
04-15-2009, 08:42 PM
Time to take Brooks out, he is doing dumb shit again.

dirk4mvp
04-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Ze German!

Indazone
04-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Dammit, Brooks and Scola both gotta come out of the game. They aren't "On" tonight.

Indazone
04-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Either play big physical Landry on Dirk or move Artest over. C'mon Adleman.

dirk4mvp
04-15-2009, 08:47 PM
oh shit

BUMP
we need to look at Hollins running down the court, he's making an obvious effort to beat Yao down the court

The Franchise
If Yao can't get position on Hollins he is a true bitch.

BUMP
right on cue. LOL

dirk4mvp
lmao lmao lmao

Pelicans78
Rockets are playing pathetic right now.

sook
wdsgdsgk;sdgt

ARE YOU A FUCKING IDIOT RICK ADELMAN? I HOPE THE ROCKETS LOSE THIS GAME AND FIRE YOUR BITCHASS HOW THE FUCK DO YOU EXPLAIN DOING THIS?

BUMP
Hollins making Yao his bitch!

IronMexican
04-15-2009, 08:48 PM
J-Ho fucks it up

sook
04-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Rick adleman lost this lead? All you had to do was sub lowry and landry in and he does it but 10 minutes too late?!?!?!

What a fucking idiot!

dirk4mvp
04-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Howard you idiot.

BUMP
04-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Yao has like 4 fouls in 4 minutes

sook
04-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Wowowowo

I am at a loss for words...i was watchi8ng them shave the lead for 10 minutes and my god I have never seen dumber execution by a coach what a stupid dumb fucking idiot

BUMP
Hollins is now our Yao stopper apparently

TampaDude
4th on Yao! Mavs have all the momentum now!

IronMexican
:lol It's funny how much the Mark Jackson troll sounds like Mark Jackson.

BUMP
like i said it starts with Dirk. if he can get his, the rest of the team can get energized and make plays

dirk4mvp
04-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Cmon Kidd, you can't let freakin Battier take you to the rack.

sook
2 of those fouls on Yao were bullshit, way to keep the game close reffs, howard only went to the line 8 straight times

kamikazi_player
The ponies will choke somehow

TampaDude
04-15-2009, 08:52 PM
Josh fucking Howard, bitches!!!

Banzai
wow refs suck rofl...

The Franchise
Wafer!!!!

BUMP
Who the fuck is wafer????

Spur-Addict
Big Bucket from Wafer.

dirk4mvp
04-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Josh Howard has shit for brains.

IronMexican
WTF, Mavs?

BUMP
really? a charge? did he even touch him?

dirk4mvp
lmao mark jackson

Sportstudi
04-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Hayes should get an academy award for that.

The Franchise
04-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Almost Lowry!!

Amarelooms
04-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Rockets flop all the time...none of those are charges...you gotta be set to take a charge :elephant

Mark Jackson
04-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Is the rodeo in town? Ryan Hollins, you my friend, just got taken for a ride.

StylisticS
The NBA. Where inconsistency and incompetence happens.

Indazone
Adleman is an idiot with substitutions. Brooks and Scola on the floor against the Mav's makes no sense. At least defensively Scola is wrong on Dirk and Brooks, well Brooks just plain sucks. Lowry should be playing the point period.

IronMexican
South Park. Got to miss the 4th.

sook
04-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Adleman is an idiot with substitutions. Brooks and Scola on the floor against the Mav's makes no sense. At least defensively Scola is wrong on Dirk and Brooks, well Brooks just plain sucks. Lowry should be playing the point period.

omfgomfomg

Did he want to put Scola on Dirk as a bet? was 6-8 shooting in the 1st qrtr not good enough?

FUCK THIS GUY

BUMP
04-15-2009, 08:58 PM
Dirk continues to abuse Scola

BUMP
04-15-2009, 08:59 PM
Mark is right. Dirk needs to carry us

Indazone
04-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Adleman still has Scola on Dirk. OMG

BUMP
Barea sub yourself out please

BUMP
Scola is getting torched!!

The Franchise
04-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Scola is just off tonight.

BUMP
04-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Scola is just reaching and hacking and then trying to post up Dirk.

he needs to take a seat

BUMP
04-15-2009, 09:02 PM

tie game!

Banzai
04-15-2009, 09:02 PM
crazy game..

dirk4mvp
04-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Kidd just owned the shit out of Artest.

Banzai
04-15-2009, 09:03 PM
5 fouls on Artest

BUMP
04-15-2009, 09:04 PM
these refs have bought every flop. horrible

StylisticS
04-15-2009, 09:04 PM
JJB is finally producing in this game.

TampaDude
04-15-2009, 09:05 PM
5 on 'test...Mavs ball!!! C'mon, you fuckers, win this shit!!!

Indazone
04-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Adleman finally figured out..hey I'll take Scola out and put Artest in. Little late dontcha think Addlehead.

StylisticS
04-15-2009, 09:06 PM
This burger king commercial needs to go away IMMEDIATELY.

Mark Jackson
04-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Father Time has not caught up with Kidd just yet.
Artest thinks he can throw an elbow at the old fella, but Kidd responds. Not on my watch, it's playoff time now there's no backing down

Indazone
04-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Only guys who should be guarding Dirk are Artest, Landry or Chuck Hayes. No way should Scola be trying to do it.

BUMP
04-15-2009, 09:07 PM
This burger king commercial needs to go away IMMEDIATELY.

:lmao

StylisticS
04-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Why is Josh not in the game.

BUMP
04-15-2009, 09:08 PM
damn

BUMP
04-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Kidd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!