PDA

View Full Version : another broken campaign promises

ducks
04-13-2009, 10:58 PM
Barack Obama and his wife Michelle said during the presidential campaign that they had promised their two girls a dog after the election.

The Obamas repeatedly said they wanted it to be a rescued dog such as one from a shelter.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090413/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_dog

j.dizzle
04-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Hahaha dont you already know what politics are all about. You bullshit your way to get votes & don't have to keep any of those promises once your chillin in the oval office haha

td4mvp21
04-13-2009, 11:43 PM
It's a housepet. I think he can change his mind on what type of dog to get. My God...

Cry Havoc
04-14-2009, 12:35 AM
wanted

And with that, you fail like a douche.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-14-2009, 01:25 AM
Ducks you are seriously deserving of getting your fucking dick cut off and thrown to a pack of bloodthirsty wolves.

"another broken campaign promises"? Take the fucking three seconds extra required to put at least a 7th grade spelling and grammar level into your posts and maybe you wont look like such a big giant steaming festering piece of shit every time you post about anything political.

Jesus Christ I can't fucking stand it anymore. I've never used the ignore function but sometimes, I wonder . . .

baseline bum
04-14-2009, 01:26 AM
Did I call it, or what?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122183&page=3

The Republicans here are more butthurt than Mavfans after blowing the Finals. Are you all going to start talking shit about his dog next week?

Cant_Be_Faded
04-14-2009, 01:28 AM
Make a fucking joke. Say liberals like to blow treehugger cock for pennies. Say how Obama sucked a Saudi prince's dick. But going out of your way to make every post you've ever made on this forum rife with grammar and spelling mistakes a fucking mongloid 7th grader would not make is just too fucking much.

Ducks you are officially the biggest piece of shit on this forum.

FaithInOne
04-14-2009, 08:34 AM
His narcissism must have rubbed off on his offspring to name the dog "Bo".

Winehole23
04-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Stung by his stunningly bad call on the Somali pirate crisis, FaithInOne turns on Obama's kids.

Bold.

FaithInOne
04-14-2009, 08:49 AM
Refresh my memory. What was my bad call? I commented on the first day and America stood up and did it day 4 or 5, but I never commented on it again.

Obama "done good". Got to give the man props. He had no role other than saying "do it" which was common sense, but thankfully he did do it. He had no choice, as the pirates were about to get to shore and the Captain would have been taken by Al-Quaida and probably decapitated and used as propaganda...but good job Obama.

This past Easter was one of the few days I have felt proud of my country.

balli
04-14-2009, 08:52 AM
^ Dude get the fuck out of here. Fucking cocksucker.

FaithInOne
04-14-2009, 08:53 AM
Do something Mufasa.

ElNono
04-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Let's see, what we have so far...
- iPod
- Puppy

LOL at taking pot shots for irrelevant stuff... c'mon guys, you can do better than that.

Winehole23
04-14-2009, 08:55 AM
It is kind of depressing to see America apparently does not have any delta force to find its way to this lifeboat and take care of business Rambo style :depressed

Where are the 7 Navy Seals popping up from beneath the waves and taking the tangos down :ihit
pussy Americans like the drama

FaithInOne
04-14-2009, 08:56 AM
Most of that was sarcasm as obviously real life is not dictated by Hollywood movies.

Apparently we do have them. Team America! Fuck yeah!

JudynTX
04-14-2009, 08:57 AM
They should have adopted a cat.

florige
04-14-2009, 09:02 AM
- iPod
- Puppy

LOL at taking pot shots for irrelevant stuff... c'mon guys, you can do better than that.

What else do they have? I bet if Obama takes a shit and it takes him more than two flushes the righties will try and point out that he is a wasteful President because it took him more than the usual one it normally takes real Americans.

Horn Tooter
04-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Did I call it, or what?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122183&page=3

:tu

jack sommerset
04-14-2009, 10:00 AM
Obama can't even keep a promise about a freaken dog. This guy is a liar. No character. A rescue dog......hahahahahahaha. How hard would have that been to keep his word on. You would think someone would tell him this and he would listen. Nope he wants a dog from breeders that bred a Kennedys dog. What a fucking douche bag!!

balli
04-14-2009, 10:03 AM
You fuckers are absolutely insane. Like clinically, verifiably, batshit, insane. Who knew losing could warp your already fucked up minds to this absolutely mind boggling degree.

jack sommerset
04-14-2009, 10:21 AM
You fuckers are absolutely insane. Like clinically, verifiably, batshit, insane. Who knew losing could warp your already fucked up minds to this absolutely mind boggling degree.

A man says to potential voters that if he wins this election he will get a rescue dog. You don't think that is playing to the crowd just a lil bit. You think its "batshit insane" people bring up yet another lie the guy has told. Come on now. Its a character issue. He fails again.

PixelPusher
04-14-2009, 10:27 AM
- iPod
- Puppy

No, they can't. That's the whole point.

Cry Havoc
04-14-2009, 10:48 AM
A man says to potential voters that if he wins this election he will get a rescue dog. You don't think that is playing to the crowd just a lil bit. You think its "batshit insane" people bring up yet another lie the guy has told. Come on now. Its a character issue. He fails again.

http://www.liquidmatrix.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/troll.jpg

jack sommerset
04-14-2009, 10:54 AM
http://www.liquidmatrix.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/troll.jpg

Hahaha. People that can't take the truth resort to this.

Spurminator
04-14-2009, 11:26 AM
Wait, I get it, you guys are joking, right?

Oh, Gee!!
04-14-2009, 12:55 PM

why do you hate america the other 364 days?

Purple & Gold
04-14-2009, 01:14 PM
I didn't think it was possible but the board repubs have hit a new low

balli
04-14-2009, 01:33 PM
I was going to post some excerpts from Ducks's (dumbass) own article last night, but I figured it wouldn't be worth it, because nobody else would be enough of a GIANT FUCK to actually blast Obama over this. I was wrong... and clearly forgot that nobody ever went broke underestimating the outright douchebaggery of the average republican.

The Obamas repeatedly said they wanted it to be a rescued dog such as one from a shelter. Their search was complicated by daughter Malia's allergies, which would rule out many of the "mutts" the president has said he would prefer.

Enter Bo, a 6-month-old puppy given up by his first owner

Bo is a "quasi-rescue dog," says Wayne Pacelle, chief executive of The Humane Society of the United States.

"They were starting their search with shelter dogs, but when the Kennedys learned of this dog and offered it as a gift to the girls, they met the dog, it was a perfect fit for their lifestyle and for Malia's health concerns," she said, adding that the Obamas are making a donation to the Washington Humane Society. "Because this gift came before their pound search sort of was completed, they made a gift to some of the places they were looking."

The Humane Society's Pacelle acknowledged that the Obamas never flat-out promised to get a dog from a pound or rescue group. And the society has kind words for Obama on its Web site: "Thanks, Mr. President, for giving a second-chance dog a forever home,"

Bo could be considered rescued, since he was removed from a situation that wasn't working, said Cesar Millan, host of the National Geographic Channel's "The Dog Whisperer" and co-founder with his wife of a nonprofit foundation to help abused dogs.

Bo, he has already been neutered, Mrs. Obama's spokeswoman said. [too damn bad we can't say the same for the shithead board republicans who weighed in on this non-topic]

Wild Cobra
04-14-2009, 01:40 PM
I didn't think it was possible but the board repubs have hit a new low

Yes, they have.

I wonder what the exact context of the adopting a dog was. Was it firm, or did he simply change his mind. There are plenty of things to criticize this president over without resorting to the dog. Maybe his daughters fell in love with the Kennedy pup? If that was the case, and I was the father making the choice. I'm sorry. Such a thing is a family issue. Not a national issue. The my girls would come first in such a case. Lord knows, they have to wait in line for his attention too much now that he's president.

George Gervin's Afro
04-14-2009, 01:42 PM
If only Obama would lie about reasons for going to war... things would be all better...

balli
04-14-2009, 01:44 PM
There are plenty of things to criticize this president over without resorting to the dog.
:tu I don't agree with the word plenty, but I appreciate the sentiment.

And that's the problem for the republicans who aren't batshit insane. When the time comes to criticize Obama over something that actually does matter, because God knows reasonable opposition never hurt, it's going to be ignored because of dumbass attacks like this.

Crying wolf epitomized.

Purple & Gold
04-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Yes, they have.

I wonder what the exact context of the adopting a dog was. Was it firm, or did he simply change his mind. There are plenty of things to criticize this president over without resorting to the dog. Maybe his daughters fell in love with the Kennedy pup? If that was the case, and I was the father making the choice. I'm sorry. Such a thing if a family issue. Not a national issue. The my girls would come first in such a case. Lord knows, they have to wait in line for his attention too much now that he's president.

Yup I agree completely :tu

jman3000
04-14-2009, 01:56 PM
The fact his daughter had allergy concerns complicated things.

Ducks is a moron and I'm pretty sure nobody on this board takes him very seriously.

jack sommerset
04-14-2009, 02:31 PM
This is not about Duck. Its a simple example of how Obama lied on the campaign trail. Some of you get so excited about it. He lied about getting a "rescue" dog. He played to the people. Ask urself why would he tell people he is going to get a rescue dog on the campaign. You don't because you know the answer then you bash people like Duck for posting a article. Typical.

Wild Cobra
04-14-2009, 02:56 PM
This is not about Duck. Its a simple example of how Obama lied on the campaign trail. Some of you get so excited about it. He lied about getting a "rescue" dog. He played to the people. Ask urself why would he tell people he is going to get a rescue dog on the campaign. You don't because you know the answer then you bash people like Duck for posting a article. Typical.
If you're going to keep that up, then please find the exact quote in context. Not the media hype about it.

Oh, Gee!!
04-15-2009, 09:16 AM
jacko's right. I feel betrayed at the moment b/c the "rescue dog" promise is what tipped the scales for me and several million other voters I'm guessing. You could probably say that the "rescue dog" promise won him the swing vote.

LnGrrrR
04-15-2009, 10:44 AM
Refresh my memory. What was my bad call? I commented on the first day and America stood up and did it day 4 or 5, but I never commented on it again.

Obama "done good". Got to give the man props. He had no role other than saying "do it" which was common sense, but thankfully he did do it. He had no choice, as the pirates were about to get to shore and the Captain would have been taken by Al-Quaida and probably decapitated and used as propaganda...but good job Obama.

You're not often proud of your country? What are you, Michelle Obama?

LnGrrrR
04-15-2009, 10:46 AM
You know, I told my friends that I was going to Starbucks because I wanted a mocha frappucino, but I ended up getting a vanilla frappucino instead.

I'm such a liar!

LnGrrrR
04-15-2009, 10:49 AM
jacko's right. I feel betrayed at the moment b/c the "rescue dog" promise is what tipped the scales for me and several million other voters I'm guessing. You could probably say that the "rescue dog" promise won him the swing vote.

:rollin:lmao:rollin