PDA

View Full Version : Well that was Almost the Worst Day Ever...

ashbeeigh
04-14-2009, 02:15 PM
I know everyone has those kinds of days (and b2b shares every single one of them).

So, here's mine.

So, I'm eating breakfast, getting ready to go to work and the house phone rings. The house phone never rings. It's my dad. I answer it and in my half awake stuper I'm like "What?" He was already late so something was up.

He didn't answer for a few seconds and then said, "I was in in a wreck." I was like "Oh my God, is everyone alright?"

"Yeah, but I can't get back to work. Someone needs to come and get me."

I'm a horrible driver, you all know this. Rush hour is not a good color on me (this is why my job is 10-7). So, my mom gets going and calls him to see what the deal is. He's at 1604 and Locke Hill Selma. The wreckers come and get the car, a police report is made, and he's off back to work. But, he's super beat up! Air bags, cuts and bruises, the whole thing. So we tried to pursuade him to stay home, but to no avail. He's at work now.

Anyway, so I get my happy butt to work. I check my e-mail and see that one of my co-workers cannot get to some e-mails I had checked. There were something like 750 e-mails I had access to yesterday. Somehow (and by somehow I mean I didn't check the button to keep them on the server first) were not in his inbox when he arrived at work this morning. I was like "Holy fuck! What am I going to do?" So, I spent like 3 hours trying to figure out mbox files and eml files, etc. I finally found this Busy Biz or something program that searches your computer for deleted e-mails. They'll search for it, but you have to pay to get it back (like any good shareware). So, while it's searching, I decided to head over to Office Depot to pick up a fax cartridge I needed.

On my way out of Office Depot (this is on SW Military and Zarzamora) this old man just stops dead in his tracks and starts staring at me. I'm like "umm is there something I can help you with?" but he still continues to stare. This isn't the first time this has happened over there. Pfft. Whatever. Anyway. So I get in my car, and it sounds like it's not going to start. Oh lord. I'm about to cry at this point, a car accident, 800 e-mails, and a dirty old man in one day. No, the car starts the second time. So I'm off.

I get back to the office and I see a lot of the e-mails are there, hopefully my co-worker can deal with them being in the eml format, because that's the best I can do. Anyway. Now, I have to spend the $35 to get the actual e-mails to open..on top of the $63 that I spent at Office Depot (that will get reimbursed...the $35 won't though). Something like 150 of the e-mails are off to my co-worker right now, but I don't know what our boss will say. She's already yelled at me once for server things. :madrun

Oh! And the bitch ass Office Director next door (who we share an office and supplies with) yelled at me today for jamming the copier I haven't used today. Screw you!

So, all I have to say is good god, the Rockets or the Blazers better fucking lose a game by the end of the season so the Spurs can be the 3 seed or I'm going to beat someone up.

angel_luv
04-14-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm sorry you had such a trying day Ashbeeigh. I said a prayer something great happens to you to cheer you up. :)

mexicanjunior
04-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Sounds like a rough day...my condolences.

mrsmaalox
04-14-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm glad your father is okay :)

ashbeeigh
04-14-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm glad your father is okay :)

I am too! I was just shocked that he called. My mom warned him on his way out "Don't get in an accident! I know you're running late!"

mrose31
04-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Hope things get better. You really need to get your dad to go see a doctor. He is really going to feel it tommorrow. The better the stuff is documented for the insurance companys the better and easier it will be. If your dad goes to work and other insurance find out that could lead to trouble if he ends up having a lot of doctor bills. Those car insurance companies are bastards.

Mugshot
04-14-2009, 02:59 PM
Hope things get better. You really need to get your dad to go see a doctor. He is really going to feel it tommorrow. The better the stuff is documented for the insurance companys the better and easier it will be. If your dad goes to work and other insurance find out that could lead to trouble if he ends up having a lot of doctor bills. Those car insurance companies are bastards.

That's what I was going to say. Glad to know everything seems ok though. Tomorrow will be a better day.

Mixability
04-14-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm sorry you had such a trying day Ashbeeigh. I said a prayer something great happens to you to cheer you up. :)

Seriously, you must be like the boy who cried wolf to God.

Do you pray that your shit don't stink too?

Anyways, that was a bad day, hopefully the days coming will cancel it all out.

Spur-Addict
04-14-2009, 03:11 PM
That's a terrible day. I hope things improve, as i'm sure they probably will.

ashbeeigh
04-14-2009, 03:16 PM

Hopefully we get him to the doctor soon. Documentation is so important, I know!

chode_regulator
04-14-2009, 03:39 PM
I know everyone has those kinds of days (and b2b shares every single one of them).

So, here's mine.

On a serious note, I hope your father is doing ok.

ON a non serious note, that totally reminded me of office space.
I swear I could never have an "office" job

Blake
04-14-2009, 03:44 PM
It could be worse. You could be a mavs fan.

ashbeeigh
04-14-2009, 03:45 PM
On a serious note, I hope your father is doing ok.

ON a non serious note, that totally reminded me of office space.
I swear I could never have an "office" job

Haha. I'm had some pretty bad days when I wasn't in the office. I never did post about the time the rooster chased after me when I was by St. Mary's door knocking for an event in the middle of July. Now, that, was a bad day. Well, maybe I did, but it was in the quattro, and like three people read that :lmao

CuckingFunt
04-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Ah, ashbeeigh...

Only an ashbeeigh post about a bad day could include one paragraph about her father getting injured in a car accident and four dedicated to the difficulties of email and Office Depot.

DarkReign
04-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Ah, ashbeeigh...

Only an ashbeeigh post about a bad day could include one paragraph about her father getting injured in a car accident and four dedicated to the difficulties of email and Office Depot.

:lmao

Oooooh shit! HA!

Strike
04-14-2009, 07:24 PM
Damn, that is a shit day. Just remember a line from a little known movie named Dirty Work:

Remember, no matter how bad things get, there is always beer.