PDA

View Full Version : Why is the draft starting so late this year?

IronMexican
04-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Doesn't it usually start around 9 PST and 12 EST? I don't get why it starts at 1 this year:wtf I loved waking up early to get ready for the draft and all that. Now, those 4 hours between me waking up and the draft starting are going to be excruciating.

samikeyp
04-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Doesn't it usually start around 9 PST and 12 EST? I don't get why it starts at 1 this year:wtf I loved waking up early to get ready for the draft and all that. Now, those 4 hours between me waking up and the draft starting are going to be excruciating.

I think its because they have shortened the time between picks.

IronMexican
04-14-2009, 04:10 PM
:td lame

dirk4mvp
04-14-2009, 09:13 PM
I think its because they have shortened the time between picks.

Which they should've done already.

IronMexican
04-14-2009, 09:15 PM
They better move the first round to prime time next year.

GaryJohnston
04-15-2009, 10:25 AM

Yup, you have enough pain being a Raiders fan in this day and age.

That being said, Raiders should draft Crabtree. See if a nucleus of Russel, McFadden and Crabtree can be something formidable.

IronMexican
04-15-2009, 10:41 AM
They wont be able to do anything if they don't have a line in front of them.

leemajors
04-15-2009, 11:15 AM
what exactly is there to get ready for? the coverage isn't even worth watching. it's much less mind numbing to just check in online for trades and picks.

IronMexican
04-15-2009, 11:30 AM
son Draft day is the biggest day of the year for me.

monosylab1k
04-15-2009, 12:34 PM

:tu I can see why people would be whipped by 6 hours of Mel Kiper, and all the meaningless crap in between picks, but I love it. No better morning of the year than the Saturday morning of the NFL draft. I love that the time between picks is shortened, but I wish it was still on earlier.

IronMexican
04-15-2009, 12:44 PM
son, everything about the draft is special. Making midnight snack runs to prepare for the draft with my brother, and shit like that. Being extremely pissed to see the Raiders trade up to draft Fabian Washington.

samikeyp
04-15-2009, 01:54 PM

:toast

J.T.
04-15-2009, 02:08 PM
son, everything about the draft is special. Making midnight snack runs to prepare for the draft with my brother, and shit like that. Being extremely pissed to see the Raiders trade up to draft Fabian Washington.

son did you hear Raiders are going to draft Crabtree and trade him to the Colts for two 2nd rounders?

leemajors
04-15-2009, 02:41 PM
:tu I can see why people would be whipped by 6 hours of Mel Kiper, and all the meaningless crap in between picks, but I love it. No better morning of the year than the Saturday morning of the NFL draft. I love that the time between picks is shortened, but I wish it was still on earlier.

i don't mind watching hours of predraft coverage, it's just the actual broadcast itself that bores me to tears.

IronMexican
04-15-2009, 02:46 PM
I don't get how the Draft can bore anyone. I watched the entire day one and two from the draft the passed 3 years. It's the most exciting TV all year, and determines my optimism heading towards September.

leemajors
04-15-2009, 03:20 PM
I don't get how the Draft can bore anyone. I watched the entire day one and two from the draft the passed 3 years. It's the most exciting TV all year, and determines my optimism heading towards September.

i'd just rather scan through the pics, and hear about trades as they happen. I prefer the actual football games themselves for excitement.

samikeyp
04-15-2009, 03:31 PM
I have to agree with IMex. I am pretty much a draft geek. I will watch all of both days. Just something I like to do.

fyatuk
04-15-2009, 04:21 PM
I just keep the draft as a flip channel, but I can't just sit there and watch it for more than an hour at a time.

monosylab1k
04-15-2009, 05:51 PM
I'll watch the entire first round, but after that I'll just wait till it's in the vicinity of a Patriots pick before I tune back in. And other than the occasional tune-in, I don't watch any of the 2nd day.