PDA

View Full Version : The Cougar - Hunting season

JudynTX
04-14-2009, 04:32 PM
:toast You go girl!

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2009/04/14/dcl.vivica.fox.cougar.cnn

Stacey Anderson is a successful Scottsdale, Ariz., real estate agent and mother of four kids. Add another label to the 40-year-old blonde's résumé: She is the star of the new TV Land reality show called "The Cougar," set to air Wednesdays at 10 p.m. beginning April 15.

"The cougar definition doesn't bother me," she says cheerfully. "I don't have an issue with it. I had a really lot of amazing experiences with the guys, a lot of laughter and tears and bonding."

For those who may be slang-impaired out there, "cougar" refers to a woman who dates men several years her junior. In the TV show, it means Anderson takes her pick from a group of 20 men, all in their 20s. Anderson's oldest child is 23, which may give

Stacey Anderson, star of TV Land reality show "The Cougar." (The Associated Press)a certain "ick" factor to the proceedings.

"Quite frankly, it doesn't bother me," says Anderson, a member of the Chaparral High School class of '86. "As long as I make a connection with somebody, that's what's important. Age doesn't matter: I've met a lot of guys who are financially and emotionally unstable at 40."

Still, judging from Anderson's photogenic charms and her tony ZIP code, you think she wouldn't have any problems finding a companion.

"I will say Scottsdale is a very easy place to date, but it's a very difficult place to have a relationship," she says. "There are a lot of beautiful people here in Scottsdale, but maybe there's a bit of the grass-is-greener mentality here."

She went into the show hoping to make a connection. She is a good sport throughout the proceedings, as she banters with guys like Bodie, a 23-year-old pool boy, and Kevin, a "seasonal delivery man."

"The interesting thing is that I'm at a great point in my career when I could possibly mentor somebody who is younger and just out of college," she says. "They're excited about launching their career. I have four children to support. I find that younger men and I are both on the same wavelength when it comes to careers."

As for conversation? After all, 17 years is a big age gap.

"I referred to a Rolodex the other day, and this younger guy just said 'What?'" she admits. "It was interesting having to explain what a Rolodex is."

Still, it doesn't bother her.

"There are things I've grown up with and experienced, and I can share that with a younger man, and vice versa. We can feed off each other and share information and experiences."

She laughs.

"Well, obviously not in the area of Rolodexes," she says. "But there are other things."

http://www.sltrib.com/tv/ci_12124012

E20
04-14-2009, 04:35 PM
WTF is a rolodex?

ChumpDumper
04-14-2009, 04:37 PM
So she wants to mentor these guys' careers?

Spur-Addict
04-14-2009, 04:39 PM
I support this.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-14-2009, 06:03 PM
For a lot of those Scottsdale properties, one sale can make a pretty good year for a real estate agent.

ploto
04-14-2009, 06:05 PM
I will say Scottsdale is a very easy place to date, but it's a very difficult place to have a relationship," she says.

So she goes on this show with a bunch of 20 something guys because she wants a serious relationship? Really??