PDA

View Full Version : What do you think was the main reason the Hornets didn't live up to expectations?

fevertrees
04-14-2009, 08:38 PM
wait for the poll :bking

redzero
04-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Only a moron would call last season a fluke. Injuries, Byron Scott, and a lack of a solid bench are what did the Hornets in.

scanry
04-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Lack of a bench (forget solid). NOLA's bench is weaker than a college basketball bench.

redzero
04-14-2009, 09:02 PM
Lack of a bench (forget solid). NOLA's bench is weaker than a college basketball bench.

True that. Those retards never do anything right.

KSeal
04-14-2009, 09:28 PM
NO seems to have absolutely nothing after CP3 and West. What is the deal with Candler?! He'll come back for a few weeks and then all of a sudden he's out again. They were playing so well right after the all star break when Chandler was in there but then he left and they fell to shit again.

timvp
04-14-2009, 09:30 PM
Filling your bench with every known Spurs castoff in existence isn't a good idea when the Spurs' bench itself is prone to suckage.

kamikazi_player
04-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Signing James Posey to a MLE deal. They better hope their asses that Posey shows up in the playoffs, or else this signing is a BUST

BRHornet45
04-14-2009, 09:38 PM
NO seems to have absolutely nothing after CP3 and West. What is the deal with Candler?! He'll come back for a few weeks and then all of a sudden he's out again. They were playing so well right after the all star break when Chandler was in there but then he left and they fell to shit again.

Chandler suffered a bad ankle injury in January and he has been fighting it ever since. He should be returning against the Spurs tomorrow night just in time for the playoffs ...

BRHornet45
04-14-2009, 09:39 PM
not resigning Pargo and Birdman hurt this team badly .... I'm not saying that either of those guys are "star" players, but they would have made a BIG difference.

Byron Scott has never been a fan of Birdman and he is the SOLE reason why we did not resign him. Such a stupid decision because Birdman would have only cost the team about $1-2 million. Instead, Scott would rather keep Melvin Ely ...

Spursmania
04-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Chandler suffered a bad ankle injury in January and he has been fighting it ever since. He should be returning against the Spurs tomorrow night just in time for the playoffs ...

Doesn't he have back issues as well? Or was that West?

DPG21920
04-14-2009, 09:43 PM
To be honest, I thought the Hornets over achieved last year. Now they are still a good team, but they are playing much more to their level. I do not think they "under achieved" this year with the talent they have.

BRHornet45
04-14-2009, 09:44 PM
Doesn't he have back issues as well? Or was that West?

West gets back spasms here and there, but nothing to really sideline him.

sook
04-14-2009, 09:45 PM
not resigning Pargo and Birdman hurt this team badly .... I'm not saying that either of those guys are "star" players, but they would have made a BIG difference.

Byron Scott has never been a fan of Birdman and he is the SOLE reason why we did not resign him. Such a stupid decision because Birdman would have only cost the team about $1-2 million. Instead, Scott would rather keep Melvin Ely ...

Personally i think he's a bad coach, his lack of ability to adjust when the hornets are doing bad really hurts you guys...

We went ona 28-4 run in those final 8 minutes of the 2nd I believe...4 points in that span...comeon you have CP3 on your team.

I would have proposed getting Dantoni but I can't really think of a coach your team needs

Morg1411
04-14-2009, 09:48 PM
Flip Saunders would have been good. Too late now, I guess.

redzero
04-14-2009, 09:48 PM
Personally i think he's a bad coach, his lack of ability to adjust when the hornets are doing bad really hurts you guys...

We went ona 28-4 run in those final 8 minutes of the 2nd I believe...4 points in that span...comeon you have CP3 on your team.

I would have proposed getting Dantoni but I can't really think of a coach your team needs

Exactly. He did the same thing against the Celtics, costing us the fucking game. Scott loses the Hornets winnable games.

iggypop123
04-14-2009, 09:51 PM
no bench. players came back to earth other than paul. now they are ok not amazing.

Ghazi
04-14-2009, 09:52 PM
Last year was a fluke.

Furthermore the media was so dumb to give them such high expectations.

They were a 45 win team that got hot last year, this year they're a 45 win team that due to a few lucky shots is gonna win 49 or 50.

2 man show? Try 1 man show. West is not even top 10 at his own position and statistically the defense gets 2.2 points better per 100 when he is off the court.

Paul is the only good player on the roster. Butler/Peja on top of the fact that they're aging jump shooters are defensive sieves, along with West. Chandler is a scrub. The bench is thin.

Just not a good team, and those expectations were unjustified. I can't believe it when I saw some clowns predicting them to make the Finals, some to win 60+, and some to win it all.

:king

BRHornet45
04-14-2009, 10:00 PM
To be honest, I thought the Hornets over achieved last year. Now they are still a good team, but they are playing much more to their level. I do not think they "under achieved" this year with the talent they have.

I wouldn't say over achieved at all .... BUT they were very lucky that none of their starters were injured. It was CP3's 3rd year in the league last year and he exploded into being one of the top 3-4 best players out there. Mix that with David West steadily improving to average 20+ points and 8+ rebounds and Tyson in the middle ...... the key to the Hornets is staying healthy. With Paul, West, and Chandler all healthy, the Hornets are easily a 50-60 win team every year. Tyson being injured is the biggest reason the Hornets will struggle to get 50 wins this season.

Disagree with me all you want, but the records don't lie....

WITH Tyson Chandler this year: 32-13 (.711% / 2nd best record in the West)

WITHOUT Tyson 17-19

No Tyson is not a big offensive threat, but his defensive presence in the middle is a huge factor for us. Teams have completely dominated the paint without him there. Not to mention his chemistry with CP3 is priceless.

redzero
04-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Ghazi is an idiot. Even if David West is not in the top 10 power forwards, that doesn't mean Paul does it all by himself.

Quit talking out your ass, asshole.

Ghazi
04-14-2009, 10:06 PM
We all saw how good the Hornets were with TC dude. Face fucked by a Yaoless rockets team, face fucked by the Hawks, face fucked by the Bulls. That 7 game win streak was bullshit where they needed 3 lucky bounces to beat the Bucks, Pistons, nets. 2 of their 3 best wins this year were without Chandler (Magic, Cavs).

Trust me, I fucking KNOW the Hornets. they're not a fucking .700 basketball team w/ Tyson fucking Chandler.

fevertrees
04-14-2009, 10:08 PM
Ghazi please refrain from using the F word to emphasize your point!

redzero
04-14-2009, 10:10 PM
We all saw how good the Hornets were with TC dude. Face fucked by a Yaoless rockets team, face fucked by the Hawks, face fucked by the Bulls. That 7 game win streak was bullshit where they needed 3 lucky bounces to beat the Bucks, Pistons, nets. 2 of their 3 best wins this year were without Chandler (Magic, Cavs).

Trust me, I fucking KNOW the Hornets. they're not a fucking .700 basketball team w/ Tyson fucking Chandler.

But they won those games. That's the difference. It wasn't luck.

Hell, why don't we scrutinize every close win that every team has. You're an idiot.

Ditty
04-14-2009, 10:11 PM
i believe it was injuries as a team that was expeted to compete with the lakers they will look like they might compete with them too soon

but at the same time other teams like houston and san antonio had to deal with big injuries and they stuck in there it just seemed like the hornets never got it going and the future dosent look too bright salary cap wise may have to somehow unload peja horrible contract and try to get rid of chandler again

Ghazi
04-14-2009, 10:14 PM
I really hope the Hornets FO has the same mind set as you guys. "We are an elite team we just got screwed by injuries"

Bring back the old jump shooters armada + scrub center next year :clap :clap :clap. Paul gives the guys in blue trouble but it won't matter as he's stranded on a 40 win team.

NOLA w/ Paul is gonna equal Minny w/ KG. Book it.

SpursDynasty
04-14-2009, 10:16 PM
The shots just didn't fall this year.

2004-2005 Seattle Sonics, the 2005-2008 Phoenix Suns, 2006-2007 Dallas Mavs, and the 2007-2008 Hornets were just on a hot shooting streak all year, they weren't actually that good.

timvp
04-14-2009, 10:18 PM

2004-2005 Seattle Sonics, the 2005-2008 Phoenix Suns, 2006-2007 Dallas Mavs, and the 2007-2008 Hornets were just on a hot shooting streak all year, they weren't actually that good.

Ghazi
04-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Interesting tid bit about the fluke Hornets

They were top 5 in the league in 3-PT shooting last year and through the ASB next year.

Since the ASB they're shooting 33% from arc, good for 28th in the league.

SpursDynasty is right, the shots just stopped falling

Live by the fluke, die by the fluke.

BRHornet45
04-14-2009, 10:22 PM

son shut the fuck up. someone please ban this useless piece of shit .... you have a personal beef with the Hornets plain and simple.

redzero
04-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Calling Ghazi butthurt would be a massive understatement. When West punked Dirk, Ghazi was never the same.

Ghazi
04-14-2009, 10:24 PM
West is an aging jump shooter and defensive sieve. nothing more, nothing less.

scanry
04-14-2009, 10:25 PM

Why the double SpursDynasty??? :lol

SpursDynasty
04-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Ghazi vs. BRHornet for SpursTalk Feud of the Year

timvp
04-14-2009, 10:33 PM
BRHornet vs. Ghazi for SpursTalk Feud of the Year

BRHornet45
04-14-2009, 10:37 PM

son I have already made that piece of shit taste my ass so many times that I have lost count .... feud of the year? psshhh more "CONSTANT ASS POUNDING OF THE YEAR"

Pelicans78
04-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Interesting tid bit about the fluke Hornets

They were top 5 in the league in 3-PT shooting last year and through the ASB next year.

Since the ASB they're shooting 33% from arc, good for 28th in the league.

SpursDynasty is right, the shots just stopped falling

Live by the fluke, die by the fluke.

Just like Dallas. If any team this decade has lived by perimeter shooting, its been Dallas.

BTW, the reason the three-point shooting decreased after the All-Star Break was the absence of Peja for a long period of time.

Honestly Ghazi, I could own you any day of the week but I feel sorry for you.

scanry
04-14-2009, 10:38 PM

Ghazi is Tyson Chandler's bitch (white one i might add).... :lol

Pelicans78
04-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Ghazi is Tyson Chandler's bitch (Jewish one i might add).... :lol

Mugen
04-14-2009, 10:39 PM

ill take brhornet just for the asses in the sig and also i heard that ghazi was a sissy cuckold bitch or something like that.

BRHornet45
04-14-2009, 10:42 PM
ill take brhornet just for the asses in the sig and also i heard that ghazi was a sissy cuckold bitch or something like that.

son that is 100% truth ... I cannot make this shit up. Ghazi even confessed to me in a PRIVATE IM that he was a true cuckold.

plain and simple ... Ghazi has had a fetish with the Hornets ever since last season. you see sons he went to one of the playoff games and his wife completely fell in love with Tyson Chandler. Ghazi, being the true little sissy cuckold that he is gave in and let his wife fulfill her desires (cause God knows he isn't enough) .... ever since last year Ghazi has been on the hunt for men that look similar to Tyson to plow his wife.

Ghazi
04-14-2009, 10:43 PM
Nothing more annoying than a team getting cocky cause it hits a few shots.

That's exactly what the Horents did, hit a few shots last year and felt they were entitled to a championship this year. West hits a few shots and thinks he can touch a hall of famer's grill, Paul hits a few shots and thinks he can whine/flop his way into FT's, Chandler dunks the ball a few times and thinks he's a top 5 center in this league. :lol.

What do we remember them for? Their interior passing? Their defense? Their good ball movement? Their low post scoring? No, no, no, and no. The only thing they fucking did last year was hit some shots. That's not good basketball, that's just bullshit.

I've seen it many times this year, the Hornets have a stagnant possession and get bailed out by a bullshit shot.

They're a 44-37 team pretending to be 49-32 due to 5 fluke wins.

NOLA Hornets = Minny TWolves.

BRHornet45
04-14-2009, 10:45 PM

That's exactly what the Horents did, hit a few shots last year and felt they were entitled to a championship this year.

What do we remember them for? Their interior passing? Their defense? Their good ball movement? Their low post scoring? No, no, no, and no. The only thing they fucking did last year was hit some shots. That's not good basketball, that's just bullshit.

I've seen it many times this year, the Hornets have a stagnant possession and get bailed out by a bullshit shot.

son there is nothing more annoying than a dickless little cuckold like you constantly talking shit about ONE team. it is okay son, I will try and get in touch with Tyson for you.

LMAO at this stupid little sissy bitch sons. Mark Cuban is the only reason his shit ass team is even relevant.

fevertrees
04-14-2009, 10:45 PM
son that is 100% truth ... I cannot make this shit up. Ghazi even confessed to me in a PRIVATE IM that he was a true cuckold.

plain and simple ... Ghazi has had a fetish with the Hornets ever since last season. you see sons he went to one of the playoff games and his wife completely fell in love with Tyson Chandler. Ghazi, being the true little sissy cuckold that he is gave in and let his wife fulfill her desires (cause God knows he isn't enough) .... ever since last year Ghazi has been on the hunt for men that look similar to Tyson to plow his wife.

:lol:lol:lol:wow:lmao

Mugen
04-14-2009, 10:47 PM
i agree with ghazis points on the hornets but brhornet is much funnier.

the asses are the tiebreaker.

Pelicans78
04-14-2009, 10:49 PM

That's exactly what the Horents did, hit a few shots last year and felt they were entitled to a championship this year. West hits a few shots and thinks he can touch a hall of famer's grill, Paul hits a few shots and thinks he can whine/flop his way into FT's, Chandler dunks the ball a few times and thinks he's a top 5 center in this league. :lol.

This year's team is much different from last season's team. We weren't as stagnant as last season mainly because our defense was much better allowing us more fast breaks. Simple basketball Ghazi. Chandler's 12 pts and 12 boards allowed the team so many easy basket. We were constantly getting layups and dunks against you clowns in the playoffs. You guys never had a chance. Same thing in the 3 victories against the Spurs. Perimeter shooting was the least reason for those victories. Fact is, Hornets > Mavs, Brees > Romo + Quinn, and Royals > your Indians.

Ghazi
04-14-2009, 10:52 PM
I don't follow baseball.

Hornets were a fluke last year though. A team that starts Peja and Mo Pete as the starting wings was not supposed to win 56 fucking games.

BRHornet45
04-14-2009, 10:54 PM
I don't follow baseball.

Hornets were a fluke last year though. A team that starts Peja and Mo Pete as the starting wings was not supposed to win 56 fucking games.

LMAO son the best thing about all of this is the fact that you are a fucking MAVERICKS FAN .... LMAO ...

You can call the Hornets a "fluke" last year all you want, but we still ass raped your pathetic team this year and last year. LOLZ at you yet again you sissy bitch!

Pelicans78
04-14-2009, 10:58 PM
I don't follow baseball.

That's the best you can do at this point. You couldn't compete with my last argument because its true.

West's game is no different than Dirk. Exactly the same. Face up shooter, drives to basket, no post game, defensive sieve. Only difference is 5-6 inches of height. Basically, your best player is a jumpshooter who like KG, cannot control the paint offensively. KG's post game was no where near as Duncan's. KG basically settled for shooting jumpers because he was too skinny to post up in the paint. That's what separates Duncan from the rest of the ass-clowns at PF.

Your team was epitome of jump shooting. That's why you could never beat a healthy Kings because they could match your shooting yet had post options like Vlade and ..gasp.. C-Webb who was Shaq in the post compared to Dirk. What was the score of Game 1 in Dallas in the 2003 playoffs?

tlongII
04-14-2009, 11:11 PM
I knew it!

Tmac&Luther
04-14-2009, 11:23 PM
Real answer in a nutshell........because they were overrated to begin with..

They are the West's version of the Miami Heat....one player with a bunch of crap around him, I laughed when people thought this team was going to challenge for the top spot in the West.

BRHornet45
04-14-2009, 11:27 PM

They are the West's version of the Miami Heat....one player with a bunch of crap around him, I laughed when people thought this team was going to challenge for the top spot in the West.

son then where were you earlier in the season or last year???? ... since you claim to have "laughed when people thought they would challenge". it sure is easy for you to say that now with 1 game left in the season, but where were you earlier in the year? the truth is take away the bullshit injury with Chandler and this team would have about 55-60 wins right now.

Pelicans78
04-14-2009, 11:32 PM

Sounds like the 2005-2008 Rockets.

duncan228
04-14-2009, 11:41 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122794

New Orleans Hornets center Tyson Chandler may return tonight against San Antonio Spurs (http://blog.nola.com/hornetsbeat/2009/04/new_orleans_hornets_center_tys_11.html)
by Jimmy Smith
The Times-Picayune

SAN ANTONIO -- In the past few weeks, as the hopefulness of a repeat as Southwest Division champions gave way to the realization of a third-place finish, the Hornets, to a man, have insisted that their ultimate playoff seeding was meaningless.

"If we're healthy," Hornets Coach Byron Scott has continued to preach, "we can beat anybody in the Western Conference."

The Hornets need a victory tonight over the Spurs at AT&T Center to clinch the sixth seed in the postseason playoffs. Meanwhile, San Antonio's slim hopes of a division title will be kept alive only with a win over New Orleans and a Dallas victory at home over the first-place Houston Rockets.

Yet, for the Hornets, tonight's game could be an indication of what it could be like in the playoffs with a roster at full strength, if Scott decides to use recovering center Tyson Chandler. Or, it could be a concession to fate if Scott opts to rest Chandler once again, as well as All-Stars Chris Paul and David West, letting the seeding chips fall where they may.

Under myriad scenarios, the Hornets could be the sixth, seventh or eighth seed in the postseason, although the outcome of Tuesday night's late game between the Lakers and Utah could eliminate the eighth spot if Los Angeles wins. If Utah wins, the eighth position still would be in play.

Scott's ultimate lineup determination tonight may or may not affect the outcome, for both teams.

The Rockets' 86-66 drubbing of the visiting Hornets on Monday night, in a game that could be a preview of a first-round matchup, merely made Scott's thought process for his rotation tonight a little more difficult.

"I'd like to get one game under (Chandler's) belt before we start the playoffs," Scott said. "I'm optimistic he'll be fine for the playoffs. Risking one game is not that bad. I can play him 15, 20 minutes and shut him down and get ready for the playoffs."

Or Scott could opt to keep Chandler out of the lineup and give his injured left ankle a little more time before the first postseason game this weekend. Scott could sit weary Paul and West, as well, although both got extra time on the bench Monday night when Scott conceded the loss to Houston, Paul playing 29:41, West 31:41.

"But my thing is with that," Scott said, "is if I can play Tyson in that last game, I would like him to play with the starters, the guys he's used to playing with. If that's the case, it might be where Chris plays one quarter and a little bit of the third, and the same with David.

"But just to have those guys out there for 10 or 15 minutes together I think is important. If that's the way I go, basically it's not so much thinking about the game, but preparing for the playoffs, with the starters having a little bit of time together, because they haven't been together for a while. I think it would be important for them to be on the floor in a regular-season game, just for five or 10 minutes, just to get familiar with one another again."

The last time the Hornets' starting unit played together was March 2 in Philadelphia against the 76ers, a game in which Peja Stojakovic left in the third quarter with back spasms. Stojakovic returned to the lineup April 3 after missing 15 games.

Chandler left the lineup two weeks later when his long-standing ankle injury flared up again. He has not played since March 16.

Chandler's absence from the lineup this season has had a definite effect on the bottom line. The Hornets are 19-18 in games Chandler has not played, 30-14 when he has been on the floor.

"We're just trying to come up with the best scenario and what makes most sense for the team," Chandler said. "I want to have some timing and my first game back not be the first game back in the playoff series."

adidas11
04-15-2009, 12:09 AM
Two reasons

1) As BRHornet45 pointed out earlier, the Hornets are a 70%+ winning percentage with Chandler on the court. He has missed significant time this season. And in a conference were a 5 game difference can mean the difference between the 8th seed and the 2nd seed, you have their current situation. I mean look at the Jazz...up until their current road trip, there were pushing for one of the higher seeds in the conference, and they have basically lost every game on the road trip and now they're looking at facing the Lakers in the first round.

2) The Hornets financial situation, the owner, and the FO. Remember, they tried to trade Chandler (the player with the 70% winning percentage impact) in what was basically an attempted salary dump. The players on the team knew what was going on, and that trade (and the overall feeling that the franchise is more concerned with just saving money and dumping salary instead of pushing to become an elite championship contending team) affected team morale.

These issues were not prevalent in 2007-2008.

The TroutBum
04-15-2009, 12:56 AM
The main reason? (see my sig)

Tmac&Luther
04-15-2009, 02:43 AM
Sounds like the 2005-2008 Rockets.

We were injured and are now.....difference in being injured and overrated. I'm not trying to talk crap, I think Paul is the best point in the league, but my god...y'all have been extremely overrated by the talking heads.

freemeat
04-15-2009, 03:57 AM
I think BRHornet wins this little spat with Ghazi.

Regardless what I think of their arguments, BRHornets keeps calling him "son" and Ghazi keeps responding. I know it's BRH's forum 'lingo,' but the only time I'd ever respond to "son" is when my father is speaking.

The fact that Ghazi keeps responding gives the win to BRHornets.