PDA

View Full Version : What is the thinking by Phil with Shannon Brown?

adidas11
04-15-2009, 12:16 AM
Ok, so recently we have seen Shannon Brown getting more playing time.

I'm trying to figure out what the thinking is behind this, as we already have two point guards that figure heavily in our rotation (Fisher and Farmar).

Is this something that is going to continue through the playoffs? Or is Phil just giving Brown more burn to see what he has just for the end of the regular season?

Or is there something more direct about this move? Is Phil lining up Brown for a specific need in the playoffs?

It would be one thing if Phil was just benching Farmar. But Farmar is still getting significant playing time and is playing decently.

And to top it off, its not like Brown is only coming in at the end of the rotation. There have been games where he is the first player off the bench, playing alongside the rest of the starters!

Discuss.

turiaf for president
04-15-2009, 12:20 AM
shannon plays better D than farmar. also, the west has some big guards like deron and billups. we need D more than O from the 1 spot

Allanon
04-15-2009, 12:23 AM
What Turiaf for Prez said....Shannon Brown's as good as it gets for the Lakers in defending DWill. Farmar's too small for him and DFish isn't mobile enough.

adidas11
04-15-2009, 12:26 AM
Yeah, I can see that. So coming off the bench, Phil now has a defensive option, and an offensive option. I do remeber Deron Williams torching Farmar in the playoffs last year, due to Farmar's lack of strength and size.

I guess I'm just not used to seeing three point guards in the rotation, but anything is possible.

turiaf for president
04-15-2009, 12:32 AM
i like shannon. i can see him with the lakers for a long time.

iggypop123
04-15-2009, 12:46 AM
he tries defensively is athletic and is streaky from 3. why not

j.dizzle
04-15-2009, 12:54 AM
Adam Morrison doesnt even give a shit if hes playing haha hes chillin on the bench enjoying the ride. Shannon Brown has a great attitude & awesome hustle. He's had the same grin on his face ever since he arrived in LA & you can tell he's been working his ass off trying to get those minutes. Props to him, he deserves it. Its crazy how your life can change. From a bench warmer in Charlotte to playing with Kobe Bryant. He must be ecstatic :lol

j.dizzle
04-15-2009, 12:58 AM
You already know everyone's jumpin in Lamar's whip right now heading to the nearest lounge hahaha. Nice season fellas, Lamar deserves the blunt he's gonna smoke tonight hahaha

ImmortalD24
04-15-2009, 01:31 AM
PJ:

"With bigger guards, muscular guards that are pushing the ball, there’s a real need or potential for Shannon to help us in the playoffs. He’s got to still make some steps forward, but tonight is another example of things going well for him.

It’s nothing Jordan’s doing wrong. It’s just something we’re looking for that’s different."

In other words... FUCK YOU FARMAR!!!Yep.. I think Farmar has already peaked, the guy hasn't really improved at all from last season yet his ego is through the roof.. I hope he gets his ass shipped.

KSeal
04-15-2009, 04:31 AM
Shannon has been more valuable to the Lakers the past two weeks then Ariza has. I hope we can resign Shannon for cheap, just like LO and Ariza he really seems to like it in LA, why wouldn't you.

JamStone
04-15-2009, 05:16 AM
Deron Williams shits on Fisher and Farmar.

Probably just preparing for an alternative option. I don't think it necessarily means Brown will get minutes, much less be the first guard off the bench. But, at least he got some experience in case he has to be an option.

KSeal
04-15-2009, 06:18 AM
Deron Williams shits on Fisher and Farmar.

Probably just preparing for an alternative option. I don't think it necessarily means Brown will get minutes, much less be the first guard off the bench. But, at least he got some experience in case he has to be an option.

I will guarantee you Brown will get big minutes and be the first guy off the bench. Anyone that watches Farmar play night in and night out and has watched Shannon the past two weeks will agree with me. I wouldn't be surprised if Brown gets more minutes then Fisher against Utah.

Austin_Toros
04-15-2009, 06:23 AM
I like Brown. He's shown flashes of his potential. Hopefully LA will continue to use him.

As for "Ammo"....