PDA

View Full Version : Lakers (1) vs. Jazz (8) - Round 1

coldsweat
04-15-2009, 01:31 AM
My personal prediction is that the Lakers will sweep this, maybe lose 1 game. Andrew Bynum hasn't rusted significantly, he's in playoff shape. The Jazz team doesn't have any skilled defenders like Duncan or Bowen who can keep Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, or Odom in check - with these four scoring at will, it's over.

It's pathetic how a team with as much talent as the Jazz suck as badly as they do. No heart on that team.

The TroutBum
04-15-2009, 01:34 AM
Daughters, the Jazz might win one, but I doubt it. I'm actually hoping for a sweep, so we can get that malcontent fuck, Boozer out of here. I've had it up to here with him. (because he's black, of course)

Bob Lanier
04-15-2009, 01:55 AM
Brothers and sisters, is there none here who will come to the defense of the Black people against this churlish slur?

Carloz Boozer is not black.
http://www.fantasybasketblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/c_boozer.jpg
The acne are the darkest thing about this soft little fellow.

You do not get to foist him off on our people, Strom. And that goes for Michael Jackson, too.

monosylab1k
04-15-2009, 01:56 AM
Utah in 6.

lil_penny
04-15-2009, 02:13 AM
all utah needs to do is to just go out there and make their shots, and L.a. just miss them.. i believe if the jazz score more points than the lakers they will win.. again this is just a guess. for example.. utah-107 L.A.- 106... if this happens it almost guarantees a victory for Utah

Ditty
04-15-2009, 02:30 AM
Lakers in 5 but LA will struggle though in the second round against either portland or houston i hope

Allanon
04-15-2009, 02:34 AM
Lakers will sweep or 5 games max. Lakers are a bad match for the Jazz.

Okur is a perimeter big man as is Boozer. Jerron Collins is 6'11 but averages 4 points and 3 rebounds for his career.

Best interior big man for the Jazz is 6'8 Paul Milsap.

Lars
04-15-2009, 02:45 AM
Not gonna like, I am hoping Harpring pulls some of his shenanigans.

UrAphag
04-15-2009, 03:04 AM
all utah needs to do is to just go out there and make their shots, and L.a. just miss them.. i believe if the jazz score more points than the lakers they will win.. again this is just a guess. for example.. utah-107 L.A.- 106... if this happens it almost guarantees a victory for Utah
My god this man should win an award.

I see dat dere DMB ho bag.

Misc brah? Username?

anonoftheinternets
04-15-2009, 03:07 AM
My god this man should win an award.

I see dat dere DMB ho bag.

Misc brah? Username?

its a running joke, stay on the board long enough and you'll get that he was joking.

KSeal
04-15-2009, 03:48 AM
Lakers in 5 but LA will struggle though in the second round against either portland or houston i hope

I agree that LA might struggle against Portland but against Houston, that's just stupid. We swept them 4-0 this year, the last two without Bynum and the last one in Houston was without Odom too cause he got suspended from the Portland game. Houston stands no chance, sorry. Plus everyone says Battier and Ron can defend Kobe, that's like saying the Jazz are tough and physical, it's total bullshit.

Capt Bringdown
04-15-2009, 05:12 AM
Who can challenge the Lakers? Bynum looks like he's been playing all season. Bynum, Gasol and Odom combined for 58 points against them yesterday.

Portland might be able to annoy the Lakers for a game or two, but that's it. Lakers will roll to the championship, there's no one even close to their level right now.

It's gonna be LeBron vs Kobe, but just like last year, the finals won't live to the hype. Cavs will get swept again.

sribb43
04-15-2009, 07:21 AM
Even Jerry Sloan himself said that the Jazz are just a bump in the road for the Lakers

Texas_Ranger
04-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Jazz in 6 :blah

Girasuck
04-15-2009, 08:46 AM
LA most likely sweeps this series. We might sneak out a win in game 3 but I fully expect it to be over in no less than 5 games.

You do know we swept Houston ... and Im not sure if Bynum played in more than one game.

You do know that the pics in your sig are from a polygamist compound IN TEXAS...you fucking idiot.

The TroutBum
04-15-2009, 09:01 AM
LA most likely sweeps this series. We might sneak out a win in game 3 but I fully expect it to be over in no less than 5 games.

You do know that the pics in your sig are from a polygamist compound IN TEXAS...you fucking idiot.

Go easy on him, he's probably not white, and therefore, a dumbass/homeless person.

Indazone
04-15-2009, 09:48 AM
This is the matchup everyone on this board wanted except Lakersfans. Beat the every living crap out of the Lakeshow. Pull every flop, every dirty trick out of the book that your Sensei Jerry Sloan taught you.

DPG21920
04-15-2009, 10:00 AM
Utah, do not try and play basketball and win. Just focus on football and go Ray Lewis on the Lakeshow.

IronMexican
04-15-2009, 10:03 AM
sons fuck the Jazz.

Indazone
04-15-2009, 10:07 AM
SWEEP THE LEG!!

http://www.howtofightadeer.eberville.com/images/sweep_the_leg_johnny.jpg

it's me
04-15-2009, 10:41 AM
More than a handfull of rockets fans are so fucking happy about this ... hahah it’s pathetically funny.

Bob Lanier
04-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Yes, having a team that will actually get out of the first round this year is pathetic.

turiaf for president
04-15-2009, 10:53 AM
utah cant win on the road. they have 1 road win against a over .500 team all year. but they are almost unbeatable at home. i think lakers take 2, split up in salt lake, and win in game 5

jack sommerset
04-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Jazz are going to give the late show fits. Sons, they is going to make em work.

mytespurs
04-15-2009, 11:05 AM
If last night was any indication, then the Lakers should sweep this series...........:sleep

Indazone
04-15-2009, 11:14 AM
I expect the Jazz to win 2 out of 3 home games. This will be at least a 6 game series and if that happens, the Lakeshow will be worn out. If the Jazz by some miracle win all their home games. 7 game series whoo hooo.

Allanon
04-15-2009, 11:27 AM
It's been a tough year for the Jazz as far as personal life losses for the team and Sloan and I feel for them but I still think they won't put up much of a fight.

The Jazz just lost to an 8 player Warrior squad...in UTAH. Before that they lost to the TPups...in Utah.

Jazz were like a much higher seed in late March. It's taken a monumental screw up by the Jazz for them to slide down to #8. Somethings just not right about the Jazz right now.

KSeal
04-15-2009, 11:34 AM
I expect the Jazz to win 2 out of 3 home games. This will be at least a 6 game series and if that happens, the Lakeshow will be worn out. If the Jazz by some miracle win all their home games. 7 game series whoo hooo.

The fact that you actually believe the Lakers would be worn out if they got taken to a game 7 in the first round is reason enough to never take you seriously again. The Celtics last year were a lot older then the Lakers this year and they went to 7 games the first two series and still won the title. The best team will win the title no matter how many more games they have to play.

noob cake
04-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Enjoy your AK, Okur, Harp flopping.

This series will show you the best of NBA flopping.

mavs>spurs2
04-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Go easy on him, he's probably not white, and therefore, a dumbass/homeless person.

Are you serious with the racist bullshit? The first time I saw this type of comment I thought it was a sarcastic joke with you being a Jazz fan and all but you just keep doing it. You need to go ahead and kill yourself before someone like me comes along and does it for you. Racist bigots like you are the reason for much of the world's problems. Somebody please ban this motherfucker :ban:

Indazone
04-15-2009, 11:53 AM
The fact that you actually believe the Lakers would be worn out if they got taken to a game 7 in the first round is reason enough to never take you seriously again. The Celtics last year were a lot older then the Lakers this year and they went to 7 games the first two series and still won the title. The best team will win the title no matter how many more games they have to play.

See Spurs vs Hornets last year before playing Lakeshow.

BTW You're an idiot

IronMexican
04-15-2009, 11:54 AM
Of course he is racist. Who isn't a White Jazz fan, and NOT racist?

Morg1411
04-15-2009, 01:15 PM
Lakers in 5.

DPG21920
04-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Utah, please hammer the Lakers. I want to see lots of hard fouls and bodies falling.

rascal
04-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Lakers will sweep them. Jazz stink

rascal
04-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Daughters, the Jazz might win one, but I doubt it. I'm actually hoping for a sweep, so we can get that malcontent fuck, Boozer out of here. I've had it up to here with him. (because he's black, of course)

how can anyone be a Jazz fan. That loser team always had a core of boring players. And that includes that dirty elbow throwing karl malone and stockton.

Bruno
04-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Jazz are a damn nice team for a 8th seed.

Saying that, Lakers are significantly better than all the other western conference playoffs teams. If they don't choke, the road to the finale will be a cakewalk.

Spursmania
04-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Lakers in 5.