PDA

View Full Version : The most expensive divorce?

JudynTX
04-15-2009, 12:09 PM
:wow The wife will get $500 million!

Mel Gibson may soon be writing one of the biggest checks of his life – to his wife.

With no indication that the estranged couple – who married 28 years ago – had a prenup, Robyn Gibson, 53, is legally entitled in their divorce to half of everything the actor-director-producer earned from their marriage in 1980 to the date of their separation: A fortune estimated at close to $1 billion.

"This could easily be one of the biggest divorce settlements in Hollywood history," says Los Angeles family lawyer Lynn Soodik, who's not involved with the case. "Any attorney would advise her to take half."

Surpass Previous Records

A $500 million settlement would dwarf the current record holders of celebrity divorce:

Michael Jordan ponied up $168 million following his 2006 divorce with wife Juanita; Neil Diamond forked over $150 million after his 1994 split with Marcia Murphey; while Steven Spielberg shelled out $100 million following his 1989 divorce from Amy Irving.

Among Gibson's estimated assets: More than $600 million grossed by The Passion of the Christ alone, $100-plus million in real estate investments worldwide (he bought an island in Fiji for $15 million in 2004), and $75 million for film and TV projects for which Gibson executive produced.

As for film residuals, Gibson, also 53, "would be accountable to pay half for the rest of his days," Soodik says. "If he gets a residual check for Lethal Weapon or Braveheart, half of that check is hers."

But don't expect the ex-couple to enter a painful, protracted battle in the courts.

"This divorce will probably reach a settlement in a matter of months," Soodik says. "It likely won't be messy since there's enough money to go around."

link (http://http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20272209,00.html)

angel_luv
04-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Sad that they are divorcing.

Mugshot
04-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Was she a Jew???

SpursStalker
04-15-2009, 12:17 PM
there's enough money to go around."

I'll take some of that since there is enough to go around.

:lol

IronMexican
04-15-2009, 12:21 PM
There should be a flat rate. It's not fair how much the women gets.

Mugshot
04-15-2009, 12:21 PM
.....and I thought that Heather Mills getting 50 million was crazy!!!

:king

DarkReign
04-15-2009, 12:24 PM
Cant believe this is even legal...

JudynTX
04-15-2009, 12:27 PM
Was she a Jew???

:nope That has nothing to do with him cheating on her. :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
04-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Mel needs to bail out O.J. and have a summit.

Mugshot
04-15-2009, 12:37 PM
:nope That has nothing to do with him cheating on her. :lol

Did he at least call her Sugar Tits???

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Mad Max, Lethal Weapon, Braveheart, The Patriot - Mel loves playing people with dead or murdered wives. I think he's going to enjoy playing them even more now.

JudynTX
04-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Did he at least call her Sugar Tits???

No clue. :lol

That sounds like a strippers stage name.

Strike
04-15-2009, 12:42 PM
Fuckin bullshit. When two people divorce, each should get whatever they put into the marriage. How much money did his wife earn over the course of their marriage? I'd love to know. Whatever it was, that's how much she deserves. I hate the hollywood cunt wives who usually (NOT ALWAYS!!! THAT'S WHY I SAID USUALLY!!!) sit on their asses spending their husband's money and then taking half his shit when they divorce.

A lesson to all you men out there. PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENT! It doesn't matter if you have $1,000,000 or $1. Get a fucking pre-nup. Better yet, don't get married.

Mugshot
04-15-2009, 12:42 PM
http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/6952/1amelsugartitscut.jpg

SpursStalker
04-15-2009, 12:45 PM
Fuckin bullshit. When two people divorce, each should get whatever they put into the marriage. How much money did his wife earn over the course of their marriage? I'd love to know. Whatever it was, that's how much she deserves. I hate the hollywood cunt wives who usually (NOT ALWAYS!!! THAT'S WHY I SAID USUALLY!!!) sit on their asses spending their husband's money and then taking half his shit when they divorce.

A lesson to all you men out there. PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENT! It doesn't matter if you have $1,000,000 or $1. Get a fucking pre-nup. Better yet, don't get married.

I certainly hope you stay single.

Strike
04-15-2009, 12:53 PM
I certainly hope you stay single.

Go fuck yourself.

I'm getting divorced as we speak. I'm in the process of losing half my shit even though during the course of my 8 and half year marriage, I earned 80% of the income, paid 80% of the expenses and the bitch cheated on me. So I know a little bit about getting fucked in a divorce. And I'm not a rich hollywood bigshot. I make a little over $30,000 a year so half is a big fucking hit to me.

So, again, go fuck yourself.

SpursStalker
04-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Go fuck yourself.

I'm getting divorced as we speak. I'm in the process of losing half my shit even though during the course of my 8 and half year marriage, I earned 80% of the income, paid 80% of the expenses and the bitch cheated on me. So I know a little bit about getting fucked in a divorce. And I'm not a rich hollywood bigshot. I make a little over $30,000 a year so half is a big fucking hit to me.

:sleep

Strike
04-15-2009, 01:05 PM
:sleep

Yeah, that's pretty much what I expected from a twat.

DarkReign
04-15-2009, 01:06 PM
•Chris Rock: Everybody need a pre-nup. People think you gotta be rich to get a pre-nup. You got twenty million and your wife wants ten, big deal, you ain't starvin'! But if you got thirty thousand, and your wife wants fifteen, you might have to kill her!

This is intended for comedic value only. Please do not misinterpret my intent. Shit, I'll just say it, I am NOT endorsing the murder of anyone for any reason.

DarkReign
04-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Just an FYI, too.

Some states do not recognize pre-nups. Michigan being one.

JudynTX
04-15-2009, 01:08 PM
This is intended for comedic value only. Please do not misinterpret my intent. Shit, I'll just say it, I am NOT endorsing the murder of anyone for any reason.

:lol "It's cheaper to keep her"!

According to Martin Lawrence from his show Martin!:lol

Strike
04-15-2009, 01:10 PM
:lol "It's cheaper to keep her"!

According to Martin Lawrence from his show Martin!:lol

Cheaper in the wallet, more expensive mentally. All things being equal, I'm a hell of lot better off now.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-15-2009, 01:11 PM

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/blogs/olympics/apkick533.jpg

Frenzy
04-15-2009, 01:12 PM
i wanna know what the blue jew thinks of this?!

Strike
04-15-2009, 01:19 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/blogs/olympics/apkick533.jpg

Pretty sure that was directed at me but I don't care. It's damn funny. :lmao

Viva Las Espuelas
04-15-2009, 01:28 PM
Pretty sure that was directed at me but I don't care. It's damn funny. :lmaoit was, but you are the kicker. i thought your post emulated it, even though your post was a bit harsh. funny, none the less.

Strike
04-15-2009, 01:29 PM
it was, but you are the kicker. i thought your post emulated it, even though your post was a bit harsh. funny, none the less.

I like it even more now.

baseline bum
04-15-2009, 01:30 PM
What a bunch of bullshit. What the fuck did she ever do to earn that money?

baseline bum
04-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Sorry to hear you're getting bled dry by some stupid cunt, Strike. How the fuck can a cheating bitch be entitled to a goddamn thing?

Strike
04-15-2009, 01:32 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_x2v8mGIUtxM/SXCgyezybCI/AAAAAAAAAIQ/f-oLxyWF9IM/s400/thank-you.jpg

IronMexican
04-15-2009, 01:32 PM
I feel for you, Strike. Good luck:tu

Strike
04-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Sorry to hear you're getting bled dry by some stupid cunt, Strike. How the fuck can a cheating bitch be entitled to a goddamn thing?

Three words:

No.
Prenuptial.
Agreement.

mrsmaalox
04-15-2009, 01:34 PM

Who knows? I like Mel but I don't doubt that it's possible he's about $500 million worth of obnoxious drunk! :lol

baseline bum
04-15-2009, 01:34 PM
You're in Oregon, right? Is it a no-fault state wrt divorces?

Strike
04-15-2009, 01:37 PM
I feel for you, Strike. Good luck:tu

Actually I'm doing ok. The best part is even though I booted her ass out, called her all kinds of horrible things, and am looking at getting raked over the coals, she still begs me to take her back. So, even after losing half my shit and possibly a shit ton of money, I still win!

I just get grated by stupid broads (SpursStalker) who like to say stupid shit when they might not have a fucking clue.

Strike
04-15-2009, 01:39 PM
You're in Oregon, right? Is it a no-fault state wrt divorces?

Yup. So she can fuck every guy in the state and still end up fucking me.

baseline bum
04-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Actually I'm doing ok. The best part is even though I booted her ass out, called her all kinds of horrible things, and am looking at getting raked over the coals, she still begs me to take her back. So, even after losing half my shit and possibly a shit ton of money, I still win!

I just get grated by stupid broads (SpursStalker) who like to say stupid shit when they might not have a fucking clue.

Are you having to give the bitch alimony too? That's by far the biggest injustice in our divorce system.

Strike
04-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Are you having to give the bitch alimony too? That's by far the biggest injustice in our divorce system.

Not sure yet. Haven't gotten that far.

IronMexican
04-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Glad to hear:tu

baseline bum
04-15-2009, 01:42 PM
Not sure yet. Haven't gotten that far.

You seriously should ask for pussy payments if you gotta pay fucking alimony.

Strike
04-15-2009, 01:47 PM
You seriously should ask for pussy payments if you gotta pay fucking alimony.

:lmao

I don't want it anymore. Besides, there's a couple chicks that want to "help me get over it".

Even if I have to pay vaginamony (Thanks, Tom), it will be worth it to be done with that neurotic skeez.

SpursStalker
04-15-2009, 01:49 PM

No wonder you're getting divorced ...

Strike
04-15-2009, 01:55 PM
No wonder you're getting divorced ...

Yeah, that's right. I work my ass off, pay the rent, put food on the table, listen to her problems, support her financially and emotionally, I'm not a drunk or a drug addict, I'm not an abuser or a cheater, take her side even when she's wrong, not to mention helped her get out of a bad situation with a physically abusive step-dad. But because I called a twat like you a twat, that's why I'm getting divorced.

Why don't you drop your pants and sit on a railroad spike.

JudynTX
04-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Guys, what about women that have to pay alimony? :wakeup Is that ok?

Strike
04-15-2009, 02:01 PM

No, it's not. Alimony, in my opinion, is wrong across the board. If my wife made more money than me, I wouldn't dream of asking for alimony. If you and your spouse part ways, that should be it. A complete split. If you have kids, you figure out custody and child support, and you do your best to both be good and stable parents. If you don't have kids (in my case), you sign the papers, walk away and start fresh.

In modern times with no-fault divorces, alimony should be outlawed. If no one is legally at fault, why should one person be legally bound to continue to support the other after they're no longer married?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
04-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Yeah, that's right. I work my ass off, pay the rent, put food on the table, listen to her problems, support her financially and emotionally, I'm not a drunk or a drug addict, I'm not an abuser or a cheater, take her side even when she's wrong, not to mention helped her get out of a bad situation with a physically abusive step-dad. But because I called a twat like you a twat, that's why I'm getting divorced.

Why don't you drop your pants and sit on a railroad spike.

The last line could have been better, but that's just nitpicking.

Well done.

dirk4mvp
04-15-2009, 02:03 PM
lmao Strike is the man.

Strike
04-15-2009, 02:03 PM
The last line could have been better, but that's just nitpicking.

Well done.

To be honest, I was a little disappointed with it as well.

IronMexican
04-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Strike > SS

JudynTX
04-15-2009, 02:05 PM
No, it's not. Alimony, in my opinion, is wrong across the board. If my wife made more money than me, I wouldn't dream of asking for alimony. If you and your spouse part ways, that should be it. A complete split. If you have kids, you figure out custody and child support, and you do your best to both be good and stable parents. If you don't have kids (in my case), you sign the papers, walk away and start fresh.

In modern times with no-fault divorces, alimony should be outlawed. If no one is legally at fault, why should one person be legally bound to continue to support the other after they're no longer married?

I have to agree with you, alimony to me is like you're still renting an apartment you can't live in. :lol

Strike
04-15-2009, 02:06 PM
I have to agree with you, alimony to me is like you're still renting an apartment you can't live in. :lol

Nice to know there is at least ONE smart woman here.

mrsmaalox
04-15-2009, 02:07 PM

I wondered the same thing, so I did a search and found this 100054. Not too many comments, but the ones there seemed a bit "gleeful" :lol

SpursStalker
Strike > SS

Nah he just bitches like a woman ...

JudynTX
Nice to know there is at least ONE smart woman here.

So now that you have a bad taste of marriage in your mouth, would you consider getting married again? :wow

JudynTX
04-15-2009, 02:08 PM
I wondered the same thing, so I did a search and found this 100054. Not too many comments, but the ones there seemed a bit "gleeful" :lol

Thanks for researching. :lol

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
04-15-2009, 02:09 PM

Nah, he actually has a legit reason.

jack sommerset
04-15-2009, 02:10 PM
She deserves half and I seldom say that. They have been married for almost 30 years and they have like 6 kids togethers.

Strike
04-15-2009, 02:13 PM
So now that you have a bad taste of marriage in your mouth, would you consider getting married again? :wow

Hell to the no. My stance is and has always been if I got divorced, I'd never get married again. I feel that marriage is unnecessary. Two people can have a happy, successful relationship without it. I know people who have been in long standing relationships, both with kids and without, who are not only happy, but see no reason to make it state sanctioned. With divorce rates around 50% (higher in some areas), it just makes little to no sense to me.

Any relationship I have with a woman from here on out will be on the basis that marriage is not in the cards. If a woman can't handle that, I understand.

Strike
04-15-2009, 02:15 PM
She deserves half and I seldom say that. They have been married for almost 30 years and they have like 6 kids togethers.

On the basis of what? What did she bring to the marriage financially? Just because they were married for a long time? Find me some proof that she earned that much of the marital assets and I'll agree.

JudynTX
04-15-2009, 02:18 PM
Hell to the no. My stance is and has always been if I got divorced, I'd never get married again. I feel that marriage is unnecessary. Two people can have a happy, successful relationship without it. I know people who have been in long standing relationships, both with kids and without, who are not only happy, but see no reason to make it state sanctioned. With divorce rates around 50% (higher in some areas), it just makes little to no sense to me.

If you felt marriage was unncessary, why did you marry to begin with?

Spur-Addict
04-15-2009, 02:18 PM
I feel that marriage is unnecessary. Two people can have a happy, successful relationship without it.

I support this, especially if there are no kids.

Strike
04-15-2009, 02:19 PM

You seem to be greatly outnumbered. What's wrong? Did some mean boy put sand in your cooter?

Jekka
04-15-2009, 02:22 PM
I think alimony is usually a bunch of shit, but it has its place in some situations. If a woman was a stay at home mom for years and raised children that have grown up and are no longer eligible for child support, and she gets divorced ... that woman should get alimony, for at least a certain amount of time. Because she spent all of those years away from the work force, the odds of her getting even a halfway decent job are shit, and she at least deserves some start-up support to get back into school, etc. etc. It's for situations like these that alimony exists, but of course some people take advantage of the situation.

MelGibson
04-15-2009, 02:23 PM
:bang :bang :bang

JudynTX
04-15-2009, 02:24 PM
:bang :bang :bang

:lmao :lmao

Strike
04-15-2009, 02:25 PM
If you felt marriage was unncessary, why did you marry to begin with?

I didn't feel that way at the time. I was 22 when I married. I was young and naive. I didn't know shit. After seeing so many friends get married and divorced in the last 8 years and seeing all the turmoil they had to endure as a direct result of getting married, my feelings on the matter changed. Trust me, I didn't go about this decision lightly. I tried for a long time to make the marriage work. It took a few years before I finally realized my marriage was unrepairable. And once I realized it, I no longer cared. Once I no longer cared, I instantly felt more relaxed and had more peace of mind in my decision to end it.

My divorce isn't even final and I already feel happier than I have in a long time.

JudynTX
04-15-2009, 02:27 PM
I didn't feel that way at the time. I was 22 when I married. I was young and naive. I didn't know shit. After seeing so many friends get married and divorced in the last 8 years and seeing all the turmoil they had to endure as a direct result of getting married, my feelings on the matter changed. Trust me, I didn't go about this decision lightly. I tried for a long time to make the marriage work. It took a few years before I finally realized my marriage was unrepairable. And once I realized it, I no longer cared. Once I no longer cared, I instantly felt more relaxed and had more peace of mind in my decision to end it.

I was just wondering when your opinion of marriage changed, before or after. :)

Good luck though......sounds like you are making the right decision for YOU.

baseline bum
04-15-2009, 02:32 PM

If I marry a rich chick and it doesn't work, all I want back is my own shit and the divorce signature. I don't care if I lived like a millionaire before with her; no way would I be entitled to keep living like that off her support just because we were once in love.

Strike
04-15-2009, 02:37 PM
I think alimony is usually a bunch of shit, but it has its place in some situations. If a woman was a stay at home mom for years and raised children that have grown up and are no longer eligible for child support, and she gets divorced ... that woman should get alimony, for at least a certain amount of time. Because she spent all of those years away from the work force, the odds of her getting even a halfway decent job are shit, and she at least deserves some start-up support to get back into school, etc. etc. It's for situations like these that alimony exists, but of course some people take advantage of the situation.

I disagree. Here's an example. My mother and father married in '69. My three older siblings are hers from previous marriages. Before they met, she raised them while putting herself through school AND working. (no spousal or child support and no welfare.) When my parents married she could have quit her job as a nurse because financially it wasn't necessary. She kept working to not only better provide for the family, she also wanted to retain her marketable skills in case my parents divorced. Through hard work they have been happily married for nearly 40 years. If my parents divorced tomorrow, she would be financially stable without alimony because she made a responsible choice to not depend on my father for everything.

Ok, my mom is an exception to the rule, fine. But it can be done. If you choose to be a stay at home parent/spouse with no motivation to acquire marketable skills, you take the risk of digging your own grave. I don't know if that is Mrs. Gibson and I won't make presumptions. But if he earned ALL the money or most of it, he should be entitled to keep what he earned minus child support.

angel_luv
04-15-2009, 02:40 PM
But what if your husband wants you to be at home with the kids? Some men want that in a wife- someone who will be home for the kids when they the finish the school day and someone who will be there when he ( the husband) comes home from work.

My dad did.

Strike
04-15-2009, 02:43 PM
But what if your husband wants you to be at home with the kids? Some men want that in a wife- someone who will be home for the kids when they the finish school day and who will be there when he comes home from work.

My dad did.

Excellent point. If you (as a woman) want to be a working parent but your husband doesn't and refuses to budge, you shouldn't bend to the will of your husband. If you can't find a compromise, you don't belong together.

My parents worked alternate shifts for years (one working days, one working nights) so that someone would always be home for the children until they were old enough to be at home without supervision which in my house, wasn't until age 15. My parents made it work.

Any relationship, whether it be a marriage or not, is a partnership, not one person lording over the other. I don't mean to say anything derogatory towards your parents, I'm making a broad generalization.

angel_luv
04-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Well I meant it more in regards to alimony. If a wife and her husband agree that she should stay at home with the kids- that that is what they both want for their marriage, then the wife is not shrinking from working but rather is pursuing a different sort of active ( though unpaid) employment.

I think those woman deserve alimony. They fulfilled their end of the maritial contract and should not be forced to start again penniless.

mrsmaalox
04-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Ok, my mom is an exception to the rule, fine. But it can be done. If you choose to be a stay at home parent/spouse with no motivation to acquire marketable skills, you take the risk of digging your own grave. I don't know if that is Mrs. Gibson and I won't make presumptions. But if he earned ALL the money or most of it, he should be entitled to keep what he earned minus child support.

You can't really say that choosing to stay home with your kids equals no motivation to acquire marketable skills. When I married I made $70k per year. When we had kids, we made a joint conscious decision that I would stay home because we both strongly valued that kind of child rearing. It's worked out fine financially ---but bottom line is I did give up something to get here. Am I entitled to anything besides child support? Just curious. :)

Strike
04-15-2009, 02:55 PM
Well I meant it more in regards to alimony. If a wife and her husband agree that she should stay at home with the kids- that that is what they both want for their marriage, then the wife is not shrinking from working but rather is pursuing a different sort of active ( though unpaid) employment.

I think those woman deserve alimony. They fulfilled their end of the maritial contract and should not be forced to start again penniless.

If they both agree to that lifestyle, so be it. But I maintain that any spouse to chooses to completely depend on their spouse financially and makes no attempt to learn or acquire any knowledge or skills that can be used to support themselves in the event of a divorce shouldn't be entitled to anything except child support. If you don't qualify for child support, too bad.

Trainwreck2100
04-15-2009, 02:58 PM
If I marry a rich chick and it doesn't work, all I want back is my own shit and the divorce signature. I don't care if I lived like a millionaire before with her; no way would I be entitled to keep living like that off her support just because we were once in love.

If you married a millionaire your ass would be forced to sign a prenup

angel_luv
04-15-2009, 03:01 PM
If they both agree to that lifestyle, so be it. But I maintain that any spouse to chooses to completely depend on their spouse financially and makes no attempt to learn or acquire any knowledge or skills that can be used to support themselves in the event of a divorce shouldn't be entitled to anything except child support. If you don't qualify for child support, too bad.

Well most people at least have some work experience before they marry.
But it is not easy to leave the work force and then get let back in, particulary in our current economy.

Also, while it is good to be prepared, if you live out your marriage making every decisions based on the anticipation of possible divorce... what does that say about the state of your marriage? And, does such a practice limit a marriage?

Strike
04-15-2009, 03:03 PM
You can't really say that choosing to stay home with your kids equals no motivation to acquire marketable skills. When I married I made $70k per year. When we had kids, we made a joint conscious decision that I would stay home because we both strongly valued that kind of child rearing. It's worked out fine financially ---but bottom line is I did give up something to get here. Am I entitled to anything besides child support? Just curious. :)

Do you still have the skills necessary to earn the money you earned before you stopped? Bad economy not withstanding. If you made the choice to take yourself out of the workforce and didn't retain or maintain your skills then in my opinion, no. You should not be entitled to alimony. What happens if your husband dies and has no life insurance? Are you going to get alimony from a corpse? (Apologies for the blunt wording.)

And I didn't say that choosing to stay home with your kids equals no motivation. If my post implied that, I apologize. You can be a stay at home parent and still find a way to learn marketable skills. That way, in the event of a divorce, you're not dependent upon your ex for money.

These days, marriage is not a guarantee of "till death do us part". Wives AND husbands should always do whatever possible to have a backup plan if the marriage fails.

Strike
04-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Well most people at least have some work experience before they marry.
But it is not easy to leave the work force and then get let back in, particulary in our current economy.

Also, while it is good to be prepared, if you live out your marriage making every decisions based on the anticipation of possible divorce... what does that say about the state of your marriage? And, does such a practice limit a marriage?

If you're married, work your hardest to make it work and keep it working. But don't go along blindly thinking that it's a 100% guarantee. And I should add that divorce is not the only issue. What about the death of your spouse? What if you're a stay at home mom and your husband dies unexpectedly? What then?

Be a good spouse. Love your husband/wife, be a good parent, do your best to live out the life. But be prepared. Expect the best, prepare for the worst.

angel_luv
04-15-2009, 03:08 PM
I think the important phrase here is : Maintain your skills.

These days, there are people with skills who are losing their jobs. Imagine how much harder a to returner to the work force would likely have it!

Strike, I think you object, and rightly so, to wives who sit around all day just watching soap operas or gossiping at the beauty parlor.
Those wives don't contribute to the household and so I can understand your feeling they are not entitled to any profit from it.

But the majority of stay at home wives I know are true homemakers- care for their husbands and children, keep the house clean, and are also active in their churches and communities.
Doesn't the second group deserve better than the first lot?

Bigzax
04-15-2009, 03:11 PM
mel knew he was gonna be giving her half once he dipped lil riggs into a young hottie.

i think he'll survive on 500 million and half his residuals.

it's all going to the kids in 30 years anyway so what's the difference...

angel_luv
04-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Be a good spouse. Love your husband/wife, be a good parent, do your best to live out the life. But be prepared. Expect the best, prepare for the worst.

Good advice. :toast

Spur-Addict
04-15-2009, 03:17 PM
How do you quantify her worth in this marriage? How is it that she is deserving of 500 Mill? Surely she will be less well off financially without him, but to say 500 Mill, or even 100 mill is something justifiable is quite absurd.

The depreciation of her living standard as a claim is laughable. Even with 50 Mill she has more than enough time to make herself marketable. Hell, alot less and she can make herself marketable. She doesn't even have to do so if she so decides not to.

With this choice, she still can live smoothly. They have one child below eighteen, ONE. In the case of assisting his younger child, is this single child in need of hundreds of Millions of dollars? Lets be reasonable here.

Before they wed, she was a dental nurse so she has some sort of knowledge of how to support herself after their youngest is solidified as a member of society. She will not need 500, or even 100 Million to support herself, and the youngest up until this point in time.

Her economic ceiling in this profession doesn't even begin to approach 500 Mill, so her sacrificing a career which would provide such means is not applicable.

Strike
04-15-2009, 03:18 PM
I think the important phrase here is : Maintain your skills.

These days, there are people with skills who are losing their jobs. Imagine how much harder a to returner to the work force would likely have it!

Strike, I think you object, and rightly so, to wives who sit around all day just watching soap operas or gossiping at the beauty parlor.
Those wives don't contribute to the household and so I can understand your feeling they are not entitled to any profit from it.

But the majority of stay at home wives I know are true homemakers- care for their husbands and children, keep the house clean, and are also active in their churches and communities.
Doesn't the second group deserve better than the first lot?

Again, you shouldn't completely depend on another person financially. If you make the conscious choice to do so, you're taking a risk.

SpursStalker
04-15-2009, 03:19 PM
if you felt marriage was unncessary, why did you marry to begin with?

bingo!

Trainwreck2100
04-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Again, you shouldn't completely depend on another person financially. If you make the conscious choice to do so, you're taking a risk.

You have the luxury of no kids so you can say things like that. Sometimes it's cheaper to have the wifey stay at home than paying someone to watch during work hours

Strike
04-15-2009, 03:23 PM
bingo!

Hey, twat. Did you even read my reply? I'm guessing you didn't. So I'll repost it. I'll even take out the parts that don't pertain to the question so you won't be forced to look a bunch of words and scratch your head in confusion...

I didn't feel that way at the time. I was 22 when I married. I was young and naive. I didn't know shit. After seeing so many friends get married and divorced in the last 8 years and seeing all the turmoil they had to endure as a direct result of getting married, my feelings on the matter changed.

Stick a fork in your vag. You're done.

baseline bum
04-15-2009, 03:24 PM
You have the luxury of no kids so you can say things like that. Sometimes it's cheaper to have the wifey stay at home than paying someone to watch during work hours

You could kind of make an argument about one spouse getting some percentage of the other's net worth in that case, but what service is the stay at home spouse offering to the supported after the divorce? What entitles one to a continuing future paycheck from the other?

Strike
04-15-2009, 03:25 PM

That's why there's child support.

And, again, husband and wife don't have to both work at the same time. My parents alternated shifts so one parent was always at home.

Also, if you can't afford childcare, you can't afford children.

Strike
04-15-2009, 03:28 PM
You could kind of make an argument about one spouse getting some percentage of the other's net worth in that case, but what service is the stay at home spouse offering to the supported after the divorce? What entitles one to a continuing future paycheck from the other?

This I'll agree with. Let her walk away with a one-time payment. After that, all bets should be off.

Let it be known that all of you with intelligent takes ought to be commended. And by that I mean all of you except SpursStalker.

JudynTX
04-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Something tells me that Mel is going to be ok. :wakeup

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1170127/Mels-Belles-Four-women-join-queue-Mrs-Gibson.html

Strike
04-15-2009, 03:35 PM
Something tells me that Mel is going to be ok. :wakeup

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1170127/Mels-Belles-Four-women-join-queue-Mrs-Gibson.html

I concur. :lol

SpursStalker
04-15-2009, 03:37 PM
This I'll agree with. Let her walk away with a one-time payment. After that, all bets should be off.

Let it be known that all of you with intelligent takes ought to be commended. And by that I mean all of you except SpursStalker.

Aww you've so hurt my feelings ...

:rolleyes :lol

Strike
04-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Aww you've so hurt my feelings ...

:rolleyes :lol

I care, twat.

mavs>spurs2
04-15-2009, 03:46 PM
Go fuck yourself.

Sorry to hear about that man, I hate women besides my mother and sister. This type of thing happens far too often. A coworker of mine was recently falsely accused of rape because he was leaving her, they're dirty and conniving. The vast majority of them can go to hell.

jack sommerset
04-15-2009, 03:50 PM
On the basis of what? What did she bring to the marriage financially? Just because they were married for a long time? Find me some proof that she earned that much of the marital assets and I'll agree.

Its a partnership. Proof? Is 30 years not proof. 6 kids together not proof. Financially? Can you put a number on 6 kids and 30 years? How many times was he able to leave to make that money and she stayed behind taken care of those kids,house,bills,etc.... No telling what she did for him over 30 years. Thats proof to me. After 30 years and 6 kids "what his is hers and what hers is his" Now they are done, split it right down the middle.

This is not some girl that got knocked up in a one night stand or spent a couple of years together and all of a sudden wants his money. Seriously my man, that money is just as much hers and it is his. What proof do you have that she did not help him with decsions made in move roles,director roles,producer roles,finances.

God forbid if Gibson broke the marriage contract by getting some booty on the side. Son, don't get married if its all about who makes the money. Pretty sad if thats what you think marriage is about. I am sure she gave up ALOT in order for him to have his success. You want proof. Lamo.

Strike
04-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Its a partnership. Proof? Is 30 years not proof. 6 kids together not proof. Financially? Can you put a number on 6 kids and 30 years? How many times was he able to leave to make that money and she stayed behind taken care of those kids,house,bills,etc.... No telling what she did for him over 30 years. Thats proof to me. After 30 years and 6 kids "what his is hers and what hers is his" Now they are done, split it right down the middle.

This is not some girl that got knocked up in a one night stand or spent a couple of years together and all of a sudden wants his money. Seriously my man, that money is just as much hers and it is his. What proof do you have that she did not help him with decsions made in move roles,director roles,producer roles,finances.

God forbid if Gibson broke the marriage contract by getting some booty on the side. Son, don't get married if its all about who makes the money. Pretty sad if thats what you think marriage is about. I am sure she gave up ALOT in order for him to have his success. You want proof. Lamo.

Like I said in a previous post, I'll agree with the assumption that she deserves something. But not half.

Spur-Addict
04-15-2009, 03:54 PM
The only thing the average homemaker deserves is child support if it is applicable, and a chance to become financially upwardly mobile.

baseline bum
04-15-2009, 03:55 PM
So arbitrarily put the number at 50% then?

jack sommerset
04-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Like I said in a previous post, I'll agree with the assumption that she deserves something. But not half.

The good news is they have a shitload of money. If you are right I doubt Gibson even gives a shit. I read he made 600 million off of Passions of Christ. They are LOADED.

Strike
04-15-2009, 03:57 PM
The good news is they have a shitload of money. If you are right I doubt Gibson even gives a shit. I read he made 600 million off of Passions of Christ. They are LOADED.

If he wants to give her half and get it over with, more power to him. My whole thing is he shouldn't be forced to give up half.

Everything aside, no pre-nup, prepare to get fucked.

Bigzax
04-15-2009, 03:58 PM
now this bitch needs an ass kicking....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,516135,00.html

Hulk Hogan Says 'I Totally Understand OJ' Simpson

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hulk Hogan is sounding homicidal over the way his wife Linda dumped him, forced him out of his $18 million mansion, allegedly started spending his money at the rate of $40,000 a month and dating "some shaggy-haired pool boy 30 years her junior," Rolling Stone reports.

"I could have turned everything into a crime scene, like OJ, cutting everybody's throat," he told the magazine.

"You live half a mile from the 20,000-square-foot home you can't go to anymore, you're driving through downtown Clearwater and see a 19-year-old boy driving your Escalade, and you know that a 19-year-old boy is sleeping in your bed, with your wife . . . I totally understand OJ. I get it."

He and Linda are battling it out in a Florida divorce court, where Linda's attorney claims she's entitled to use the car and that Hogan's claims against her are merely an attempt to control her love life.

Strike
04-15-2009, 04:01 PM

Hulk Hogan is sounding homicidal over the way his wife Linda dumped him, forced him out of his $18 million mansion, allegedly started spending his money at the rate of $40,000 a month and dating "some shaggy-haired pool boy 30 years her junior," Rolling Stone reports.

"I could have turned everything into a crime scene, like OJ, cutting everybody's throat," he told the magazine.

"You live half a mile from the 20,000-square-foot home you can't go to anymore, you're driving through downtown Clearwater and see a 19-year-old boy driving your Escalade, and you know that a 19-year-old boy is sleeping in your bed, with your wife . . . I totally understand OJ. I get it."

He and Linda are battling it out in a Florida divorce court, where Linda's attorney claims she's entitled to use the car and that Hogan's claims against her are merely an attempt to control her love life.

Damn. While I do agree with the frustration and not the throat cutting, dude should have just kept his mouth shut.

JudynTX
04-15-2009, 04:02 PM

Hulk is a dumbass, sometimes you just have to learn when to keep your mouth shut.

No, not you bigzax :lol

Spur-Addict
04-15-2009, 04:03 PM
Damn. While I do agree with the frustration and not the throat cutting, dude should have just kept his mouth shut.

Financial demoralization can break a person down immensely to the point of loss of typical logic use.

mavs>spurs2
04-15-2009, 04:05 PM
I can totally sympathize with him. That's just wrong to screw over your lifelong partner, the man who's gave you such an extravagant life these past 30 something years, and rub it in his face by blowing all his money and fucking around with some guy. Women can be downright fucking evil, although I'm hoping the OJ and throat cutting talk was just frustration. She doesn't deserve all that, no one does, but she sure as hell doesn't deserve his assets either just to throw them back in his face. Was she the one constantly training and sacrificing her body all those years to give them that type of life? I think not

Strike
04-15-2009, 04:08 PM
I can totally sympathize with him. That's just wrong to screw over your lifelong partner, the man who's gave you such an extravagant life these past 30 something years, and rub it in his face by blowing all his money and fucking around with some guy. Women can be downright fucking evil, although I'm hoping the OJ and throat cutting talk was just frustration. She doesn't deserve all that, no one does, but she sure as hell doesn't deserve his assets either just to throw them back in his face. Was she the one constantly training and sacrificing her body all those years to give them that type of life? I think not

+1

To be fair, she does need a shit ton of money for hair-dye to keep that fucked up looking hair that light, and to attempt to make that big ass look attractive.

baseline bum
04-15-2009, 04:10 PM
What the fuck does that cunt deserve Hogan's house for?

Strike
04-15-2009, 04:16 PM
What the fuck does that cunt deserve Hogan's house for?

She needs someplace to store her hair dye.

JudynTX
04-15-2009, 04:18 PM
She needs someplace to store her hair dye.

I'm curious now, but did your soon-to-be-ex-wife work? :lol

Strike
04-15-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm curious now, but did your soon-to-be-ex-wife work? :lol

Off and on. She'd always make some excuse about how the people at her job or her bosses were mean to her so she's always quit after a few months. I helped her get a job in a different department where I work. She's doing the same complaining about her boss now. She doesn't seem to get that your boss isn't your buddy. Anyway, she works part time and draws disability because she's deaf. She wouldn't be hurting for money if she didn't piss it off on clothes, shoes and purses

mrsmaalox
04-15-2009, 04:47 PM

That's not really fair. I agree people need to prepare for the worst---but realistically when people marry, they are "in love", and not necessarily thinking about preparing for the divorce. Now say they are married for 30 yrs, and have 7 kids. They agree, he will bring in the paycheck and she will raise the kids, keep the house, etc. So, they have both been working hard for 30 yrs. When they divorce, he is close to retirement, nice golden parachute ready. But she didn't get paid those benefits so now she has to go to work to support herself? That's not right either.

CuckingFunt
04-15-2009, 04:52 PM

That.

mavs>spurs2
04-15-2009, 05:02 PM

Exactly, I mean I'd hate to see a hard working stay at home mom doing a great job raising the kids just hung out to dry. I agree that there are situations where the woman deserves compensation just as the one you've described. But 500 mil in unearned cash belonging to someone else is wrong. Hell, 5 million dollars is a very very very nice retirement and she should be grateful. Most divorced women don't get anywhere near that amount.

mavs>spurs2
04-15-2009, 05:03 PM
Same would go for a man who married a rich woman and got divorced. Gold digging is just wrong

jack sommerset
04-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Same would go for a man who married a rich woman and got divorced. Gold digging is just wrong

Are you calling Mel Gibsons wife a gold digger?

mavs>spurs2
04-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Are you calling Mel Gibsons wife a gold digger?

Do you think Mel Gibson's wife deserves 500 million? What major movies did she act in again?

jack sommerset
04-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Do you think Mel Gibson's wife deserves 500 million? What major movies did she act in again?

Yes and I said why earlier. Dude, 6 kids and 30 years does not make her a gold digger. You really are barking up the wrong tree here.

mavs>spurs2
04-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Yes and I said why earlier. Dude, 6 kids and 30 years does not make her a gold digger. You really are barking up the wrong tree here.

What did she do that is worth 500 million dollars? Lots of mothers have raised kids on not even a fraction of a percent of that. Why are her kids and years that much more special than a poor mother living in the ghetto?

They're not together anymore, she made the choice not to be with him, so why should she be able to take his cash and leave him? Give her enough pension to live comfortably and take care of herself and stay out of that man's pockets.

desflood
04-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Do you really think he deserves twice that because he did some acting?

Strike
04-15-2009, 07:12 PM
He did the work. She left him. Unless he beat the shit out of her or something of that nature, she don't deserve half a bill.

desflood
04-15-2009, 07:17 PM
He did the work. She left him. Unless he beat the shit out of her or something of that nature, she don't deserve half a bill.
Don't get me wrong. I don't necessarily believe she deserves half. It just struck me as funny that someone would believe anybody deserves a billion because they're the actor in the family.

jack sommerset
04-15-2009, 07:23 PM
You don't want a chance in hell of giving up half ur money, donot get married. Don't ever ever ever get married. You would be stupid if you did. Again in this case its her money to. Guess what? Thats what happens when you get married. Wow what surprise!

Noway she is a gold digger, thats really fucking stupid. lol....30 years of marriage and 6 kids and some people call her a gold digger........CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jack sommerset
04-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Don't get me wrong. I don't necessarily believe she deserves half. It just struck me as funny that someone would believe anybody deserves a billion because they're the actor in the family.

no shit

mavs>spurs2
04-15-2009, 07:29 PM
If some day I'm ever with a rich woman, and she loves me unconditionally for who I am and not because of my money, and takes great care of me and allows me to live a luxurious lifestyle, I'm not going to stab her in the back and leave her, thinking I somehow deserve half of her money. This woman should be grateful, but somewhere along the lines she got so spoiled that she got this sense of entitlement and decided to bite the hand that fed her.