PDA

View Full Version : Turnovers

Spur|n|Austin
04-15-2009, 12:57 PM
For some reason I thought the Spurs were a high turnover team, especially lately; but after checking, they are actually second to last in turnovers averaging 11.3 while Utah is first with 15.7 a game.

Rapper
04-15-2009, 01:00 PM
you mean how much money does a company earn each year?

HAHA

sananspursfan21
04-15-2009, 01:58 PM
yep, don't you ever hear them talking about that on espn and abc when the spurs play? that's all they really talk about is how boring they are and how well they take care of the ball. it's true, i don't mean anything by this but do you watch the games?

fyatuk
04-15-2009, 02:03 PM
yep, don't you ever hear them talking about that on espn and abc when the spurs play? that's all they really talk about is how boring they are and how well they take care of the ball. it's true, i don't mean anything by this but do you watch the games?

I was thinking that too. I think I've heard it mentioned at least 4 times a game since January.

But we're apparently slipping if we're up to having the 2nd fewest. We were turning it over the least for a long time.

Morg1411
04-15-2009, 02:15 PM
I think it just feels like we give a lot of turnovers, since on the rare occasion we do it almost always leads to a breakaway slam for the other team.

fyatuk
04-15-2009, 02:36 PM
I think it just feels like we give a lot of turnovers, since on the rare occasion we do it almost always leads to a breakaway slam for the other team.

They tend to come in bunches. We'll have 3 or 4 possessions in a row where we turn the ball over, then 1.5 quarters will go by before we get another one. The bunches stand out, but the long spans don't.

kace
04-15-2009, 03:31 PM

TO very often lead to fastbreak, not only for the spurs.

They tend to come in bunches. We'll have 3 or 4 possessions in a row where we turn the ball over, then 1.5 quarters will go by before we get another one. The bunches stand out, but the long spans don't.

i don't think we have them especially in a row compared to others teams.

That's more the fact that people, especially sport fans, always remember the bad more than the good and really like to bitch about everything. so that makes any bad thing really more obvious.

when there are some TO in a game, especially if Tony, our PG, made them, you have tons of post complaining about it. very few praising him and the team when we have few. that's it and that leads to deceptive impressions.

that's why the TO stats could seem surprising.

Who could imagine we were the best team in second game of back-to-back since 2006 (68% winning percentage) ? no a lot of fans since we always bitch about fatigue and old age when we lose these games and that makes it looks like we lose them everytime.

fyatuk
04-15-2009, 03:39 PM
i don't think we have them especially in a row compared to others teams.

I remember a LOT of bunches in the last couple months. It seemed to be twice a game there'd be a bunch of 3-4 on consecutive (or near consecutive) possessions, then 2 or 3 single instance ones.

At least, that's how I'm remembering them.

Solid D
04-15-2009, 03:48 PM
For some reason I thought the Spurs were a high turnover team, especially lately; but after checking, they are actually second to last in turnovers averaging 11.3 while Utah is first with 15.7 a game.

They are actually ranked last (#1 in fewest) committing an average 11.71 per game. They are ranked 2nd to last in creating turnovers (11.74). It's basically been this way all season.