PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Williams Assigned to Toros

SenorSpur
04-15-2009, 03:28 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/58559/20090415/spurs_assign_williams_to_austin_toros/

The San Antonio Spurs today assigned forward Marcus Williams to the team's NBA D-League affiliate Austin Toros.

Williams' is the 45th assignment of the 2008-09 NBA D-League season and the first for Williams in his career.

Williams, a 6-7 forward, played in 45 games, all starts, for the Toros this season before earning a GATORADE Call-Up to the Spurs on April 8. Williams has appeared in two games for San Antonio this season scoring four points in three minutes.

At the time of his call-up, Williams was averaging 23.0 points, good for second-best in the NBA D-League, to go with 7.0 rebounds, 5.3 assists and 1.7 steals. He scored in double figures 44 times, including a 29-point, 14-rebound, 13-assist triple-double in Austin’s 129-112 win over the Iowa Energy on April 4, 2009.

Mel_13
04-15-2009, 03:32 PM
I assume that means he'll be able to play in tonight's playoff game. Good for the Toros.

DPG21920
04-15-2009, 03:35 PM
Not surprising. Go Toros.

Solid D
04-15-2009, 03:37 PM
See! He shouldn't have made that touch foul against the Jazz forcing Timmy and Tony to come back in. He should have known the refs were calling fouls on just thinking about fouling that night. 'Shouldn't have gotten on Pop's list.

:smokin

sananspursfan21
04-15-2009, 03:41 PM
i didn't figure he'd be around long. none of those guys ever stick around. small time players like that come and go and rarely make a big difference for any team.

see: james gist, pops mensah-bonsu, james white, jackie butler, blake ahearn, malik hairston, etc.

tp2021
04-15-2009, 03:44 PM
i didn't figure he'd be around long. none of those guys ever stick around. small time players like that come and go and rarely make a big difference for any team.

see: james gist, pops mensah-bonsu, james white, jackie butler, blake ahearn, malik hairston, etc.

Do you watch games? You speak as if these guys are throwaways. The FO is treating Gist and Hairston like they have a future with the team. Ahearn and Pops were just auditioning/stopgaps. The other two make more sense, but seriously. The Spurs signed Williams so no other team could; you wouldn't do that with a player that is seen as insignificant or can't help. He may not help now, but they are planning on him having a shot.

Manufan909
04-15-2009, 03:46 PM

How the fuck did James Gist make your list!?! He never even came? And you forgot AToll.:toast

sananspursfan21
04-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Do you watch games? You speak as if these guys are throwaways. The FO is treating Gist and Hairston like they have a future with the team. Ahearn and Pops were just auditioning/stopgaps. The other two make more sense, but seriously. The Spurs signed Williams so no other team could; you wouldn't do that with a player that is seen as insignificant or can't help. He may not help now, but they are planning on him having a shot.

yep, watch just about every game on league pass. and they might have a future with the team.... or they might not ever go past the d-league. sorry, i didn't know you were related to these guys...

sananspursfan21
04-15-2009, 03:49 PM
How the fuck did James Gist make your list!?! He never even came? And you forgot AToll.:toast

oh oops. and anthony tolliver :toast

MoSpur
04-15-2009, 04:01 PM
The Spurs need someone to step up out on that wing position to slash and score. I hope George Hill is that guy come playoff time, but doubt it.

SenorSpur
04-15-2009, 04:13 PM
I hope to see both Williams and Hairston compete for a roster spot next year. It'd be too much to expect for both to make the team - no matter how well they may show during the SL and training camp.

it's me
04-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Wow … one more and counting….Toros should send the guys to have an intensive session with Mike Finley before they even dare to play for Pop… shit …before they even dare to talk to him… Finley should teach them the secrets on how to .... :stirpot: ....satisfy Pop.