PDA

View Full Version : Who is the better option on Dirk?

Spurs Brazil
04-15-2009, 10:09 PM
Small or Big?

peskypesky
04-15-2009, 10:09 PM
Small or Big?

Big

Amarelooms
04-15-2009, 10:10 PM
Ya'll have no one who can guard Dirk..much like we can't stop Duncan. But I think Dirk will outscore Timmy :elephant

TDomination
small

blizz
Gooden should be able to push him around like Haslem did for Miami in the finals.

timvp
04-15-2009, 10:11 PM
None of the above :depressed

Spurs Brazil
04-15-2009, 10:11 PM

Finley?:depressed

DubMcDub
04-15-2009, 10:12 PM
Gooden should be able to push him around like Haslem did for Miami in the finals.

Watch much ball? Haslem and Gooden are completely different players. You put Gooden on Dirk and he will dominate.

The best option is to put a small, quick defender on him.

Spur|n|Austin
04-15-2009, 10:13 PM
Bonner, duh.

peskypesky
Dirk easily shoots over smaller defenders. Bruce is the only small I'd put on him. Or maybe George Hill. :)

exstatic
Surprisingly, I think if he can stay grounded to the court and contest with a hand in the face, Gooden. He's big enough to bother, and athletic enough to stay in front. You don't stop Dirk, but what has killed us in the past is losing the rebound when he misses those 50% that he will. Gooden kind of cures that, too.

Thompson
Mahinmi. :wow

MaNu4Tres
04-15-2009, 10:15 PM
Gooden or Bonner. I'd prefer Bonner because he wouldn't put Dirk on the line as much. Regardless Dirk will get his. I rather have a thread on how we should stop Terry. Thats the key to me.

Hemotivo
04-15-2009, 10:15 PM
Tony Parker

TampaDude
04-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Alternate Bowen and Gooden.

Russ
04-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Quick doubles with two smalls.

Dunc n Dave
04-15-2009, 10:17 PM
I agree, Gooden should guard him. I'd rathr see Dirk driving than shooting jumpers over Bruce or Ime all night. Did you see him lighting up the Hornets with that FT jumper on Sunday? The guy was torching them when Rasual Butler or Posey tried to guard him.

Gooden is long enough to force him to fadeaway on that shot, even if Dirk beats him off the dribble, the help D can swipe at the ball and Duncan will eb there to disrupt.

SA210
04-15-2009, 10:18 PM
Read my sig!

:flag:

Cheese
04-15-2009, 10:18 PM
All the above.Show him different looks until you find something that semi-works.

Dunc n Dave
04-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Actually, the rpblem will be when the Mavs run the pick n roll with Terry and Dirk at the top of the key. The Spurs always switch the pick on that play and they get stuck with a guy like Parker or Mason trying to guard Dirk at the FT line. Dirk will light those guys up all night.

coyotes_geek
04-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Dirk will get his. The best the Spurs can do is keep switching up the defensive looks they give him to hopefully keep him from finding a rythm. During the course of the series all those guys probably get time guarding him.

Indazone
04-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Dirk lights everyone up who is shorter than him with that fall away shot of his.

spursfaninla
04-15-2009, 10:22 PM
I think we have interesting questions about matchups. The best Dallas team really is:

Damp/ Duncan/Thomas
Dirk ?Bonner/Gooden
Howard ?Fin?Bowen
Terry ?Mason?Bowen
Kidd/ Parker

Bowen is really the best player to put on 3 of the dallas offensive players. Unfortunately, we would score 50 points with 3 bowens on the court. Plus we dont' have 3 bowens.

polandprzem
04-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Actually, the rpblem will be when the Mavs run the pick n roll with Terry and Dirk at the top of the key. The Spurs always switch the pick on that play and they get stuck with a guy like Parker or Mason trying to guard Dirk at the FT line. Dirk will light those guys up all night.

Yea and Terry is great shooter so he can use that screen to kill the spurs.

Pop must to think how to cut that play off

spursfaninla
04-15-2009, 10:25 PM
duh. You don't play a 1 game, "garbage minutes" deveopmental league wonder in the playoffs.

Danny.Zhu
04-15-2009, 10:32 PM

Exactly.

onarollbaby
04-15-2009, 10:37 PM
Give Dirk a variety of defenders, big or small. Make him guess the Spurs defense to throw him off rhythm

Holmes_Fans
04-15-2009, 10:41 PM
Manu

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1997/dirkmanu.jpg

Spooky
04-15-2009, 10:42 PM
Gooden I don't want to see Bowen defending Dirk much.

Spooky
04-15-2009, 10:45 PM
Gooden and Bonner for the most part

johnnyblues
04-15-2009, 10:47 PM
Bruce!

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/tackielarla/nba_g_bowennowitzki_268.jpg

blizz
04-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Watch much ball?

no, not at all...neither do the rest of us who chose Gooden :rolleyes

nsrammstein
04-15-2009, 10:58 PM
In the Playoffs Dirk usually plays with more intensity and therefore if Bonner is on him expect dirk to have a series that resembles the 2006 series and that's not good for the Spurs

baseline bum
04-15-2009, 11:02 PM
This ain't '06 Bowen, so Nowitzki is likely to be an even worse matchup this time around. The Spurs are going to have to keep Howard in check this time around. This would really be a nightmare matchup if they hadn't traded Harris.

erikuff
04-15-2009, 11:05 PM
Bowen pleaseeeeeeeeee. His defense brings the :lobt2:

lefty
04-15-2009, 11:05 PM
Put a lot of small guys on Dirk: Bowen, Ime, Findog

It worked with Nellie; and his guys were bad defensive players..............

Also, it's good thing Manu is not around to foul Dirk in a potential game 7

On a side not, my signature was spot on :D

HarlemHeat37
04-15-2009, 11:06 PM
I wouldn't waste Bowen on Dirk, since it'll be tough on him..Bowen should be used on Howard..

Gooden is the matchup here..the reason isn't for his D(obviously), it's for his offense..Dirk will have to guard Duncan or Gooden, so Drew will EASILY kill him offensively..the best we can hope for is for Drew to take it to him every time, and also draw fouls..

it's a no-brainer to me..

Amuseddaysleeper
04-15-2009, 11:07 PM
If we do Bowen on Howard, who guards Terry? Parker? I figured he'd be on Kidd.

This is a series where I wish Hill could get at least a little burn since he's a solid long defender.

I'm also curious to see how Gooden stacks up against the Mavs

HarlemHeat37
04-15-2009, 11:10 PM
the good thing about Dirk is that he's much more of a jump shooter nowadays..it's not like David West, who has an inside-outside game against us..there's a realistic chance that Dirk will have games where he's just missing his J..

I wouldn't have Bowen on Terry anyways, unless Howard isn't on the floor..

Kidd has to be guarded by Mason..Kidd's only scoring ability is shooting open 3s..he isn't a good finisher at the rim, so we can't give up too much to his penetration for dishing..

I agree that Hill should play in this series..

Borosai
04-15-2009, 11:17 PM
Bonner, no question. Bonner will shut down Dirk and use his caveman hair to mop up the crotch sweat on the court during timeouts.

That's if Pop is serious about defense. If not, then Vaughn.

Dr. Gonzo
04-15-2009, 11:22 PM
James White!!

lefty
04-15-2009, 11:23 PM
The Gist !!!!!

Dr. Gonzo
04-15-2009, 11:24 PM
Scola!!!

lefty
04-15-2009, 11:24 PM
Tiago !!!!

Mavs<Spurs
04-15-2009, 11:44 PM
No one on our 2009 team is naturally suited to guard Dirk.
People who could guard Dirk and make him work for his shot are players like:
Shawn Marion, T Mac, Shane Battier, ...

Maybe a Trevor Ariza.

Guys who are at least 6'8" and long, athletic, and quick.

We don't have anyone like that.

Of the players that we do have, Bowen is probably still our best choice to guard Dirk.

Bonner cannot defend Dirk. Dirk will massacre Bonner. So, that is just asking for trouble.

You can't stop Dirk. Sometimes he will miss his shots, but nobody really has the power to shut him down. He has an almost unblockable fadeaway that he can always get off.

So, what you have to do is to make things as difficult as possible: ball denial, beat him to his favorite spots, contest his shots, put a hand in his face, move your feet, stay in front of him....

:flag:

phxspurfan
04-15-2009, 11:50 PM
Actually forget that...Bruce can't guard Dirk all game anymore. Like Chuck said and Dirk learned, if they put him on you, you back them Midgets down!

Borosai
04-15-2009, 11:50 PM
Bonner will outscore Dirk in 2 out of the 3 games.

Allanon
04-15-2009, 11:52 PM
None of the Above. Spurs don't have the personnel to stop Dirk, just gotta focus on JET.

spursfan1000
04-15-2009, 11:59 PM
I'll go with Tim Duncan, we need a big man to get a hand in his face, Bruce was a close 2nd but Dirk can easliy just shoot over Bowen and get a good shot every time, but if the Spurs want to go to the 2nd round Dirk will need to get shut down.

loveforthegame
04-16-2009, 12:03 AM
Let Dirk get his. We need to keep Howard and Terry quiet. Bowen would be the best option here.

Road Warrior
04-16-2009, 12:05 AM
Dirk would probably get Gooden on pump-fakes all day but since it's Dirk he would probably still shoot a fade-away jumper anyway. :lol

Honestly though we really don't have anybody that can guard him. We just have to hope is jumper isn't falling and maybe get him in foul trouble on the other end.

TDMVPDPOY
04-16-2009, 12:06 AM
lets play 5 on 4 again, let dirk do whatever he wants....

04-16-2009, 12:06 AM
i would say put bowen on dirk. he can probably force dirk into only taking turn around fade away jumpers.

SouthTexasRancher
04-16-2009, 12:07 AM
Dirk easily shoots over smaller defenders. Bruce is the only small I'd put on him. Or maybe George Hill. :)

Put Hill on Bowen's back and we get the height plus two helluva defenders on Dirk.

Bowen can make him work for his points. As long as Tim doesn't go out on the perimeter to guard Dirk I'll be happy.

Nathan Explosion
04-16-2009, 12:17 AM
Put Gooden on Dirk, Bowen on Howard, Parker on Terry and Finley on Kidd. Duncan can take Damp. Then what you can do is force Dirk to guard on the block no matter who he chooses to guard. Both Tim and Gooden can play the high/low. Play screen and roll with Parker and you got something working there.

And yes, I'd like to see Hill get his shot at chasing Terry around too, to keep our options open with Bowen. We have two great perimeter defenders we can use, but only one that Pop trusts. Using Hill could give us quite a few options to use.

Nathan Explosion
04-16-2009, 12:21 AM
BTW, I'd like to see Ime on Dirk provided he D's up the way he was playing Peja tonight. Stephen Jackson helped frustrate Dirk in the playoffs by being extremely physical with him on defense and just getting in Dirk's head. Ime has the strength to play the same type of defense on Dirk.

All I know is, as crazy as he is, Ron Artest would be nice to have for a matchup like this.

The Truth #6
04-16-2009, 12:26 AM
I wouldn't waste Bowen on Dirk, since it'll be tough on him..Bowen should be used on Howard..

Gooden is the matchup here..the reason isn't for his D(obviously), it's for his offense..Dirk will have to guard Duncan or Gooden, so Drew will EASILY kill him offensively..the best we can hope for is for Drew to take it to him every time, and also draw fouls..

Who knows what, if anything, will work against Dirk. But I think Harlem is on to something with Gooden. Because we have no one to guard him, then why not dictate the matchup a bit and force Dirk to guard either Timmy or Gooden in the post? Our mission should be to abuse Dirk on the lower block since that is his weakness. Basically, the guy is a wuss on defense, and much more so now that Avery isn't riding his ass every game.

What was annoying in 06 was that we didn't have a second post option to make Dirk work on defense.

Well, it's at least worth a shot. If Ime can get up in Dirk's face the way SJax did in 07, then maybe he's our best option, but I don't think Ime is intimidating enough. I'm convinced Dirk doesn't have the ability to focus on both ends of the court for 42 minutes a night. Let's see what Pop pulls out of his hat. It should be interesting.

Edit: Didn't read what Nathan wrote, so some of this is superfluous.

ElNono
04-16-2009, 12:27 AM
We just have to give him different looks. Depending who is out there, double at times. Sometimes, let him have his. I'm more concerned in capping Terry's production. He's the second wheel there, and if he's not on, _allas is not going anywhere.

Trimble87
04-16-2009, 12:31 AM
If I remember correctly Bowen guarded Dirk for a good amount in the first few games in the 06 series... Dirk shoots right over the top of him. It wasn't even a contest, Bowen had no chance at stopping his jumper. Bowen would be great at forcing dirk away form his favorite spots and at denying him the ball, but once Dirk catches it the battle is over.

Timmy isn't an option as we need him in the paint and his mobility is limited. So I would just alternate Thomas/Bonner/Gooden on Dirk and let Bowen/Ime take care of Kidd/Howard. Tony gets to take on Terry or Barea depending whos on the floor. Just my 2 cents anyway.

Go Spurs Go!

kace
04-16-2009, 01:47 AM
Timmy isn't an option as we need him in the paint and his mobility is limited. So I would just alternate Thomas/Bonner/Gooden on Dirk and let Bowen/Ime take care of Kidd/Howard. Tony gets to take on Terry or Barea depending whos on the floor. Just my 2 cents anyway.

i think that's what will happen. with Bowen tried if Dirk is on fire on those three guys.

dirk4mvp
04-16-2009, 01:55 AM
Uh, nobody. You guys are fucked.

Halberto
04-16-2009, 02:50 AM
Tony Parker

The funny thing is, Parker ends up guarding him atleast 1/4 of the time... I don't know how or why but it always happens

I think Thomas would be the best choice

raspsa
04-16-2009, 03:12 AM
Ask Don Nelson how to get into Dirk's head..

nz_spur
04-16-2009, 07:16 AM
Thomas or Bowen. We need Bowen on Howard, otherwise he will run all over us. There's really no-one else to put on Howard.

Although I assume Udoka will get a share of minutes on either Terry on Howard.

sribb43
04-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Put Bowen on Dirk and that will free up J-Ho and JET

Agloco
04-16-2009, 08:20 AM
It's time for Bruce to shine. Hopefully he's not too rusty.

Agloco
04-16-2009, 08:22 AM
Uh, nobody. You guys are fucked.

You could've picked an uglier picture of Dirk.....

Agloco
04-16-2009, 08:25 AM
BTW, I'd like to see Ime on Dirk provided he D's up the way he was playing Peja tonight. Stephen Jackson helped frustrate Dirk in the playoffs by being extremely physical with him on defense and just getting in Dirk's head. Ime has the strength to play the same type of defense on Dirk.

All I know is, as crazy as he is, Ron Artest would be nice to have for a matchup like this.

He'd be nice to have period. Unfortunately, there no guarantee that he's not going to run off into the stands at any given point.

Gervin44Silas13
04-16-2009, 08:29 AM
You gotta put Bruce to make Dirk work... put Gooden on him off the bench and wear him down.

Pop will find a way to exploit the Dallas ....No doubt about it!

spurster
04-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Dirk will get his. The best the Spurs can do is keep switching up the defensive looks they give him to hopefully keep him from finding a rythm. During the course of the series all those guys probably get time guarding him.

This is what will really happen. I think Bowen would be best in crunch time. I think the key to guard Dirk (or any jump shooter) is to crowd him to make him uncomfortable and maybe get a little bump in when shoots, yet be able to keep in front of him to avoid drives to the basket.

Spurs Brazil
04-16-2009, 03:11 PM

I agree

We should live with Gooden on Dirk so Dirk will have to work on D, on Gooden ro TD.

Put Bruce on Howard

zepn
04-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Splitter.

Wha? He said he was...

superbigtime
04-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Gooden or Bonner. I'd prefer Bonner because he wouldn't put Dirk on the line as much. Regardless Dirk will get his. I rather have a thread on how we should stop Terry. Thats the key to me.

Seriously, you prefer Bonner? He would get absolutely humiliated. I hope Bonner gets less than 20 minutes per. Please.

xellos88330
04-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Hard poll. I think I am going to go with Ime. I think he is stronger than Bowen, and little bit faster than our bigs.

vander
04-16-2009, 04:58 PM
As much as I think Bowen could technically do the best Job on him, he will allow Dirk to get away with playing no defense or lots of help defense. Gooden will force Dirk to play tough inside Defense, and Bonner (who has become an underrated defender) would keep Dirk out of the lane, opening it up for whoever.

I'd say Bonner, and to a lesser extent Gooden, maybe a little Ime, and some Duncan here and there, and Bruce if Dirk is hitting those fade aways to easily

Bukefal
04-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Big, and i think gooden should do it

sonic21
04-16-2009, 05:25 PM
oberto

td4mvp21
04-16-2009, 05:28 PM
I really would like to see Pop put Gooden on Dirk. Why? Gooden is a bit quicker than our other bigs on the perimeter. He isn't a good defender but as long as he can stay in front of Dirk and make him only a jumpshooter I'll be fine with that. It's a lot better than putting a small on Dirk and then sending a double team, resulting in a good perimeter shooter being wide open. Also, Duncan plus Gooden would make Dirk accountable on defense. Dampier can't guard both and Dirk would be forced to be active on defense rather than sitting idlely in the corner on Bowen.

Beastie Boys Robot
04-16-2009, 05:30 PM
intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic intergalactic planetary planetary intergalactic

Beastie Boys Robot
04-16-2009, 05:30 PM
another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension another dimension

LEONARD
04-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Neither team will have answers for Dirk or Tony...the games will be decided by the others...

xtremesteven33
04-16-2009, 05:36 PM
The only way to throw Nowitzki off is to throw a double. Other than that hes gonna drop 20+ on whoever his guarding him.

Brandon Bass
04-16-2009, 05:55 PM
You can try stopping Dirk all you want, but you won't stop the BASSHOLE!

The Truth #6
04-16-2009, 07:27 PM
This needs to be flipped around so that they need to figure out who Dirk is going to guard, at least that should be the goal.

I agree with others that we should put Parker on Terry; Duncan on Damp; but after that it gets fairly wide open. We should probably sag off of Kidd and make him hit outside shots. For some reason, I can imagine Pop trying some bizarre assignments, such as putting a small on Dirk and Bonner on Kidd. I'm somewhat joking, but you never know.

lefty
04-16-2009, 07:31 PM
Put different small guys during the game on Dirk to mix things up: Bruce, Udoka and Findog.

If it worked the poor GSW defenders in 2006, I don't see why it wouldn't work for us

04-16-2009, 07:57 PM
bonner will most likely guard dirk at the beginning. i don't know if popovich is bold enough to start gooden knowing he would have to guard dirk. kurt thomas is a good low post defender but lacks the mobility to go out into the high post. oberto is always a good option but he has barely played any minutes the second half of the season. and if popovich starts finley or bowen on dirk, who the fuck will bonner guard? antoine wright? most likely it will be bonner then a mix of bowen and finley. maybe gooden.

41times
04-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey Dirk learned from the best small guy Bowen. Now the small guy does not work. He backs them down or takes them down low or goes right at them and makes them pay either at the rim or the line.

The thing that works the best on Dirk, why a Mavs fan would say this?, is a quick guy and or a quick double team. it does not matter if he is really big but he has to be really quick and the 2nd guy has to be really quick. Dirk has a tendancy to hold on to the ball too long before recognizing the double team. That is the only way to defend him.

if you foul him, he shoots 90%. You make him put the ball on the floor and when he turns you run a second defender at him quickly and hope he does not find the open man who intern finds the open shooter. That is your only hope.

Obstructed_View
04-16-2009, 09:28 PM
The Spurs don't have to worry about defense, they just need to focus on offense. As long as Bonner/Mason/Finley/Udoka are in there and just shooting when they're open, the Spurs will be fine. It's a new era.

Right?

LEONARD
04-17-2009, 08:05 AM
The Spurs don't have to worry about defense, they just need to focus on offense. As long as Bonner/Mason/Finley/Udoka are in there and just shooting when they're open, the Spurs will be fine. It's a new era.

Right?

:lol

Obstructed_View
04-17-2009, 10:46 AM
The Spurs need someone that can keep Dirk from going around them and can keep their hand in his face. His fadeaway has been unstoppable lately, so you just have to work to deny him the ball in his spot, don't let him around you, don't foul and hope that shot doesn't go in. If you double team him, then Kidd, Howard and Terry are going to get a lot of open three opportunities and it will get ugly. Of course, I've already predicted that it's going to get ugly.

GSH
04-17-2009, 10:53 AM
We'll need to give Dirk enough different looks to try and keep him out of rhythm. For some of those minutes, I think you guys under-rate KT. He's not going to be a Dirk-stopper, but he will make him give up the ball some, and miss some shots. Don Nelson proved what happens when Dirky gets frustrated.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-17-2009, 11:15 AM
I'm excited to see Gooden on him for some reason. I think we need to try to go big on Dirk. He's proven he can munch up our smaller players. I think we save Bruce for Terry, Kidd and the other Dallas guards.

Spursmania
04-17-2009, 11:19 AM
We have no true good option for Dirk. Pop is going to have to mix it up here. A little Bowen, a little Bonner, a little Duncan, etc...
Also, I'm curious to see how Gooden will play against Dirk-that should be interesting.
And, I too would rather see Bowen on Terry for his major minutes.
Team defense wins Championships!

Spursmania
04-17-2009, 11:22 AM
:ban::ban::ban:Ban ST member Beastie BOY ROBOT, PLEASE!!!

For ridiculous and obnoxious trolling in his posts above!

ohmwrecker
04-17-2009, 07:48 PM
I vote Bonner. No real logic behind that, other than I want to fight one big, goofy white dude with another. Kind of like fire with fire . . .

However, what I would really like to see is Bonner get a little tougher, more annoying. Just climb into Dirk's shorts. I don't mean that in a gay way. Matt Bonner needs a little Danny Ferry in his game. I want to see him knock Dirk on his ass.

sook
04-17-2009, 07:53 PM
People Voted Bowen?!?!? WTF? He can guard wings, NOT 7 FOOTERS LMFAO

Rogue
04-17-2009, 07:58 PM
My advice is the spurs throw their defense on the other four boys in blue while leaving Dirk open.

Obstructed_View
04-17-2009, 08:05 PM
People Voted Bowen?!?!? WTF? He can guard wings, NOT 7 FOOTERS LMFAO

Haven't watched Spurs vs. Mavs much over the years, have you?

HarlemHeat37
04-17-2009, 08:52 PM
Bowen also shut down Okur earlier in the season, after Okur was killing our bigs..he can guard soft bigs..

Borosai
04-17-2009, 09:00 PM
Bonner will take it to another level. And after that, another level. And then? Yeah, one more, just for fun.

Dirk won't know what hit him.

TwinTowers
04-17-2009, 09:07 PM
Gooden needs to guard him. Not only he's quick enough to play Dirk in the perimeter, but also would make him work on defense. As the game goes on SA can mix it up a bit by having Bowen, Thomas, or Oberto.