PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs Mavs: What Spurs have to do...

Mugen
04-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Basically, what must the spurs do to beat the mavs who match up very well against us.

1. Bowen on Terry.

2. Throw everybody you can at dirk. bonner actually isnt that bad against at dirk as people think but dirk is going to get his pts. throw udoka, bonner, gooden, thomas and the kitchen sink at the guy and make him work.

3. Make Jason Kidd beat us with his offense. Jason Kidd killed us with threes the last time these teams met but ill take my chances with that than rather than terry/howard/nowitzki killing us.

4. Give it to Timmy. They got no one to guard him. he'll foul out dampier by halftime. GIVE IT TO TIMMY.

NewJerSpur
04-15-2009, 10:22 PM
I don't care if he's been taking/making more 3's lately, I'll ALWAYS give Kidd the shot from behind the arc over Dirk at the top of the key, Howard on the baseline, etc.

TampaDude
04-15-2009, 10:22 PM
What the Spurs have to do...

...win 4 out of 7 games.

MaNu4Tres
04-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Whoever guards Terry doesn't double anyone.
Keep them off the line.

Mugen
04-15-2009, 10:26 PM
i wish pop changes his mind on hill sometime before the playoffs start. he can be very useful in this series more so than any other matchup we could have had.

coyotes_geek
04-15-2009, 10:28 PM
I don't care if he's been taking/making more 3's lately, I'll ALWAYS give Kidd the shot from behind the arc over Dirk at the top of the key, Howard on the baseline, etc.

Agreed. Kidd can have that shot all series long. And if he hits it all series long, then kudos to him and the mavs probably win the series. Statistically though, that's not very likely to happen.

johnnyblues
04-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Heck, shut them all down! Hill on Kidd, Bowen on Terry, etc etc etc...

NewJerSpur
04-15-2009, 10:40 PM
Heck, shut them all down! Hill on Kidd, Bowen on Terry, etc etc etc...

Hill & Bowen in the game together (at THIS point) might shut down OUR offense just as much as theirs.

Mugen
04-15-2009, 10:49 PM
Hill & Bowen in the game together (at THIS point) might shut down OUR offense just as much as their defense.

true.

a lineup of kidd, terry, howard, bass, and dirk can give the spurs a lot of problems on defense.

dieman8686
04-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Correction Bowen on Barea. Some how he always plays great against the SPurs.

NewJerSpur
04-15-2009, 10:53 PM
They'll be tough guards, but we'll compound the problem by overloading on defensive stoppers. Guys have to challenge shots and let Kidd try to take the game over.

lefty
04-15-2009, 10:55 PM
Put a lot of small guys on Dirk: Bowen, Ime, Findog

It worked with Nellie; and his guys were bad defensive players..............

Also, it's good thing Manu is not around to foul Dirk in a potential game 7 :D

Creation88
04-15-2009, 11:07 PM
they have to NOT do what they did tonight. that is give more shots to Mason and Finley than Tim.