PDA

View Full Version : Pop and future of rotations last 17 games

Rummpd
03-19-2005, 07:40 PM
My view is that Pop is moving toward this:

Bigs:

Rasho to start but defer increasingly to the far more offensively able (at this point) Nazr and both will usually get equal minutes and some nights we will see Nazr get the majority of minutes. If Nazr continues to block shots, Rasho may continue to start but only get 12-15 minutes many nights.
Duncan will begin to get slightly more minutes as he tightens rotation, leaving less for Horry and a few for Massenburg.

Small:

Parker, who is absolutely "ballin lately", will get about 35, one of the side effects of Wilks down is more minutes for Beno, as I did not understand his decrease in minutes recently. (Although Wilks gave some good minutes).
Barry will probably become the starter (in a controversial move) to rest Manu but Manu will get be out there all 4ths. Brown will be in quicker for Bowen and we will see him more and more minutes if his offense keeps up.
Glover will stick and become the energy spark as needed.

timvp
03-19-2005, 07:43 PM
(in a controversial move)

Where'd you get such a controversial idea?

:angel

Kori Ellis
03-19-2005, 07:44 PM
I think Nazr is getting decent minutes now because they are trying to get him acclimated to the system. But unless he improves his defense quite a bit, then I don't think that Rasho will consistently play only 15 minutes. Defense is still what this team is about.

RobinsontoDuncan
03-19-2005, 07:47 PM
I think Manu will remain the starting line-up, his production has been very solid and Barry will still be ready come playoff time.

JUUOT
03-19-2005, 07:47 PM
So you announce a 9 man rotation
horry being the tenth
Glover and massenburg getting in if needed as 11th and 12th
I agree but
1 still think manu will start before the playoff.
2 i am not sure horry role is gonna be limited. i would see the contrary.

Rummpd
03-19-2005, 08:05 PM
I hope Manu comes back ready to go big minutes and remain starter but others have suggested he not start and Pop at least initially seems to be in that camp. The upside of Barry starting is that he has played better that way but Manu should remain. Will see what Pop does. I would not be at all surprised again if he puts Barry as starter.

JUUOT
03-19-2005, 08:09 PM
"others have suggested", dont let timvp influence too much :lol
i agree on the next five game but manu is going to be starter after this.

1Parker1
03-20-2005, 10:51 AM
Haha, did the "Good Doctor" really just say "Ballin?" :)

Rummpd
03-20-2005, 10:54 AM
ya dats rite, what up with dat?

1Parker1
03-20-2005, 11:20 AM
LOL. Oh no, I've created a gangsta.....