PDA

View Full Version : The Rockets and Spurs...

Caltex2
04-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Have still only met once in the last 25+ postseasons. Kinda weird considering thery are both playoff regulars. Portland was another regular we rarely saw but we get them this year.

And the thing is that they always end up on opposite side of the bracket from each other as well, even in 1995 when they met in the West Finals.

Matchman
04-15-2009, 10:27 PM
heres a spurs fan coming in and say because the Rockets is always a one and done team....

Spurs 4 The Win
04-15-2009, 10:28 PM
heres a spurs fan coming in and say because the Rockets is always a one and done team....

:toast :lmao

Caltex2
04-15-2009, 10:29 PM

That's why I edited it and added that we are never on the same side of the bracket anyways.

Pretty predictable post I do admit.

Caltex2
04-15-2009, 10:48 PM
Really, historically the Rockets have never played anyone in the playoffs other than the Sonics, Lakers, Celtics and Jazz. Every other team we've played 2 times or less, including the Blazers coming up.

Heck, even excluding the Finals (x2) we've played the Celtics in the playoffs more than every team except those I listed above.

IronMexican
04-15-2009, 10:49 PM
It's cause the Rockets are a one and done team. There, happy? A Laker fan said it.

Biggems
04-15-2009, 10:53 PM
well in the 80s....we always seemed to end up in the Lakers bracket and we all know how that went.

in the 90s, I figured the two would have met more often, but 1995 was the only time. During the post Dream years, Houston has been pretty lean in the playoff run dept....either they missed the playoffs all together or were one and done.

in 96-97, SA missed the playoffs, but I believe Houston made it. Every year since, except 2000, the Spurs have advanced past the 1st round. In 2000, it was PHX who ended our season.

It is quite odd that two division foes who regularly make the postseason, basically never play one another.

Caltex2
04-15-2009, 11:08 PM
well in the 80s....we always seemed to end up in the Lakers bracket and we all know how that went.

in the 90s, I figured the two would have met more often, but 1995 was the only time. During the post Dream years, Houston has been pretty lean in the playoff run dept....either they missed the playoffs all together or were one and done.

in 96-97, SA missed the playoffs, but I believe Houston made it. Every year since, except 2000, the Spurs have advanced past the 1st round. In 2000, it was PHX who ended our season.

It is quite odd that two division foes who regularly make the postseason, basically never play one another.

And even if the Rockets win some of the series they were supposed to win or had a shot at winning (2005 Mavs, 2007 Jazz) they still may not have played the Spurs because like I said, they are always on the other side of the bracket.

Spursmania
04-15-2009, 11:11 PM
It's cause the Rockets are a one and done team. There, happy? A Laker fan said it.

:rollin