PDA

View Full Version : We are really going to miss this guy

50 cent
04-15-2009, 11:37 PM
:depressed

I know I get labeled in the anti-Church of Manu, but damn.....

cNb-PujGKbI

50 cent
04-16-2009, 08:51 AM
Nobody?

ElNono
04-16-2009, 08:55 AM
We will miss him. But I think we have enough to move to the second round.

Jimcs50
04-16-2009, 08:56 AM
The opponents will not miss him.

samikeyp
04-16-2009, 08:59 AM
Holy Crap! Jimmy Franchise is back in the house! Good to see you sir. :toast

Jimcs50
04-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Holy Crap! Jimmy Franchise is back in the house! Good to see you sir. :toast

Just keeping up my end of bargain. I said last year if Spurs do not win championship, I would not post in here for the entire regular season....well, regular season is over, so I'm baaaack. :)

How's it going Mikey?

samikeyp
04-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Just keeping up my end of bargain. I said last year if Spurs do not win championship, I would not post in here for the entire regular season....well, regular season is over, so I'm baaaack. :)

How's it going Mikey?

It goes well here in the finally thawing frozen north. I had forgotten your pledge, I figured you struck it big in Vegas and were blowing your winnings. :)

Jimcs50
04-16-2009, 09:15 AM
It goes well here in the finally thawing frozen north. I had forgotten your pledge, I figured you struck it big in Vegas and were blowing your winnings. :)

Damn, if I'd known nobody would remember my pledge, I would have snuck back in here sooner. :)

Glad you are warming up.

I am going back to Vegas to WSOP $1500 buyin in June again, and this year, I am making it into the money...No more 2 outters knocking me out right before the payday again. :)

lefty
04-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Manu won't play.

Let's move on guys, and try to win with what we have

Jimcs50
04-16-2009, 09:16 AM
Manu won't play.

Let's move on guys, and try to win with what we have

I think that is Spurs' plan. :)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-16-2009, 09:17 AM

Damn straight we will. :depressed

Thanks for the memories, 50 Cent. :toast

My faves are the final dunk, and the whip-pass to Fab against the Wiz.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-16-2009, 09:19 AM

How's it going Mikey?

Welcome back! Wondered where you went... :lol

kace
04-16-2009, 09:20 AM

cNb-PujGKbI

with this manu, tony as his current level and the usual PO Tim, i would really think no one could stop us. not a good thing to bring it, though. Manu is not here and we'll have to live with it. i still like our chances :flag:

but damn, this manu .... :depressed

SA210
04-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Manu is the frickin' man!

Jimcs50
04-16-2009, 09:22 AM
Welcome back! Wondered where you went... :lol

thanks....you playing poker still?

Jimcs50
04-16-2009, 09:32 AM
Do you think Manu owed it to Spurs for him to not play in Olympics last Summer? Does the 10 million contract he signed with the Spurs allow them to forbid Manu from risking injury playing for another team? I think their whole season and post season chances are far worse off because of Manu's Summer basketball injury. Should all future contracts have clauses in them, that either forbid the player from playing for other teams in off season or if they do play and get injured, the player has to pay back money to club for every game he misses.

50 cent
04-16-2009, 01:08 PM
I understand the players wanting to play for their National teams, but I think it is absolutely a detriment to the Spurs and wish the Spurs would just ban international play.

Manufan909
04-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Didn't the Spurs lose the game where Manu "stuffed that sucker"?

StoneBuddha
04-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Man, Manu's dunk over Yao was way too low! #9, C'mon.

Watching those replays makes me shed a tear.

Bigzax
04-16-2009, 01:35 PM
i miss him and the spurs will miss him, but in a strange way it is a relief to not have to worry about if he'll be healthy enough to play each game...

now we just have to worry about TD, and after last night, i think he is just saving it for when he needs it...

Go Spurs Go!

good to have you back Jim...sheesh...the first person to ever honor a self banning. take note tpark.

dougp
04-16-2009, 02:03 PM
#4 and #2 are probably my favorites. His handling is sick.

Quasar
04-16-2009, 03:47 PM
Manu Ginobiliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Thanks for posting this... I hadn't seen #2... Come to think of it, I don't even remember it being discussed in the forums!

I'm so sad he won't be playing this year as he's my favourite spur after David Robinson... Still can't believe he won't be playing. Hope he'll retire a Spur and that the injury will not affect his contractual talks.

Brazil
04-16-2009, 03:50 PM
I understand the players wanting to play for their National teams, but I think it is absolutely a detriment to the Spurs and wish the Spurs would just ban international play.

for their own good (3 rings faggot !!!) the spurs didn't follow your wise advice.

manu_maniac
04-16-2009, 04:10 PM
#4 and #2 are probably my favorites. His handling is sick.

I have to agree with this.

vander
04-16-2009, 04:47 PM
We will miss him. But I think we have enough to move to the second round.

3rd round, we can beat Denver or NO, toughest teams are on the other side of the bracket, thank god LA and Portland play each other before we play them.

urunobili
04-16-2009, 04:53 PM
I think that with the right winds blowing our way, we could still win it all without him :tu

spursfan1000
04-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Yes we will miss him, but we will still win the championship.

:flag:

mattyc
04-17-2009, 02:37 AM
We will unmistakably miss Manu, but I think we are well equipped this year to cover his loss as best we can. Parker, Hill, Mason and even a bit of Udoka adds a decent rotation to work with.

Fernando TD21
04-17-2009, 03:43 AM
All those plays were just from the last season! Manu will certainly be missed by the Spurs in this Playoffs.

SenorSpur
04-17-2009, 09:37 AM
At this point, the Spurs are in the business of playing for championships. Winning one round or two rounds is nice, but that isn't the goal. Spurs can't win a title without Manu.

Damn, I hate seeing the Spurs go into playoff battle so short-handed. I especially hate it for Duncan, who is weathering lingering injury issues of his own. One could say it's a wasted year for him, in a career where he has so few left.

My expectations are tempered greaty. Yet, it is what it is. I'll watch the journey through the tourney, just the same.