PDA

View Full Version : Energy off the charts...BELIEVE that

DPG21920
04-16-2009, 12:56 AM
So I just got back home from the game and wow. The energy in the arena was nasty fun. When Finley hit that big balls shot the place exploded. My entire section went absolutely nuts. Then you get to cap off the adrenaline fueled win with a monster Udoka reverse mash all up in the Hornets grill.

Some observations:

I was really hoping Bonner showed up in a big way. He was ok. He gave it the usual college try with very little results. It was disappointing and although I have not given up all hope he can contribute in the playoffs, it does not look good. It was surprising however to see the rotations with not only him, but the others as well.

Udoka definitely looks like he will be getting Bowen's minutes. He did pretty well and it is strange how he looks more athletic on offense than defense? He is damn good at ball faking and is one of the best on the team at pump fake/driving or pulling up. He does not always hit, but he gets himself open nicely.

The team looks as ready as they are going to be. I do not see how most of the guys could increase their level of play beyond a certain point that they are at. This was a big game confidence wise, and although I was a little disappointed in how they played, this was a must win and they won it. Hopefully Tim gets a little more mobility and TP can stay at this level.

All I know is that after beating the Hornets I am styling and profiling and I am so hyped to get these playoffs underway. Whoooooooooooooooo!

FTM. Dallassholes. Bring.The.Energy.

EricB
04-16-2009, 12:59 AM
I was really hoping Bonner showed up in a big way. He was ok. He gave it the usual college try with very little results. It was disappointing and although I have not given up all hope he can contribute in the playoffs, it does not look good. It was surprising however to see the rotations with not only him, but the others as well.

He doubled Gooden in rebounds and outplayed him on the defensive end.

Yet he's the one that gets the "dissapointing" label.

Hilarious.

I do not see how most of the guys could increase their level of play beyond a certain point that they are at

I'm gonna go out on a limb and expect Roger Mason to bring more than 7 points and Duncan to get more touches, and Kurt Thomas to play more minutes.

The team looks like its seriously putting things together and getting on a roll.

DPG21920
04-16-2009, 01:07 AM
He doubled Gooden in rebounds and outplayed him on the defensive end.

Yet he's the one that gets the "dissapointing" label.

Hilarious.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and expect Roger Mason to bring more than 7 points and Duncan to get more touches, and Kurt Thomas to play more minutes.

The team looks like its seriously putting things together and getting on a roll.

This is not a thread intended to argue with no talent ass clowns, but since you are here I might as well oblige:

I am glad that Bonner shot 3-8 while having double the rebounds of Drew in NEARLY DOUBLE THE MINUTES. Drew had more points and much better FG% than Bonner if you want to point out stats. That is not the point. When you actually watch the game, you can see Bonner is not doing well. He is missing wide open looks while Drew is creating for himself.

Good news is (for those who read my post) that I said I HAVE NOT given up hope for Bonner because he is getting open looks. He has to hit though. He is not playing well and tonight, in the biggest game of the year by far, he underwhelmed. Did he suck every play? Of course not. However, he did not step up and space the floor or defend like the Spurs needed him to.

Look at how Roger and Tim have played over the past 3 games. I do not see Roger averaging more than 16 points (like he has been) or Timmy getting more healthy than he is. He could improve a little, but from what I have seen, I do not expect a quantum leap. The team is looking good, but once again you cry and come to the Spurs defense, although you have no idea what you are gawking about.

Bring.The.Energy. Do not bitch or complain about other countries.

EricB
04-16-2009, 01:11 AM
Timmy getting more healthy than he is

Well first off, he looked pretty fucking healthy. When he's hitting that turn around 15 foot hook shot on the baseline, that means he's feelin good.

The reason Bonner had twice the minutes? The reasons I gave you.

Gooden wasn't rebounding, hell, he wasn't even TRYING to rebound, and his defense was absolutely PATHETIC.

Bonner on the other hand was actually going after rebounds, and actually put a hand in West's face multiple times.

But flame me all you want, doesn't change the facts.

DPG21920
04-16-2009, 01:12 AM
Well first off, he looked pretty fucking healthy. When he's hitting that turn around 15 foot hook shot on the baseline, that means he's feelin good.

The reason Bonner had twice the minutes? The reasons I gave you.

Gooden wasn't rebounding, hell, he wasn't even TRYING to rebound, and his defense was absolutely PATHETIC.

Bonner on the other hand was actually going after rebounds, and actually put a hand in West's face multiple times.

But flame me all you want, doesn't change the facts.

Why is Bonner out there, for his offense or his defense?

EricB
04-16-2009, 01:13 AM
Why is Bonner out there, for his offense or his defense?

If its between him and Gooden, defense and spacing on offense.

DPG21920
04-16-2009, 01:14 AM
If its between him and Gooden, defense and spacing on offense.

He is not spacing on offense going 1-5. How many rebounds did Bonner have against Golden State?