PDA

View Full Version : Screw vista and office

Fermixalot
04-16-2009, 01:00 AM
My girlfriend was using my roommates laptop (with Vista) to type up a review for a test we have tomorrow. It was a collaboration between us and 4 other students, but one of them bailed, so her and I had to do his part right now.

When she downloads documents off her email accounts she NEVER fucking hits save, she always hits open, so when the file was closed after we were done with it, I asked her where she saved it, was given the "oh shit" look, then got really pissed off.

I looked through the Temp files, but couldn't find anything. I also ran a search but came up empty as well...

And in my frustration, I made the mistake of telling her that its "partially" her fault for not using my Mac or saving the document properly and now, not only am I in the doghouse, I'm missing that part of my study guide and I lost two hours of sleep when I have to be up at 7 tomorrow morning.

IN conclusion, fuck life. :bang

PixelPusher
04-16-2009, 02:17 AM
The "doghouse avoidance" patch will be in the next Service Pack.

Cry Havoc
04-16-2009, 03:05 AM
What? There's no way that it doesn't save automatically. You need a better desktop search. It has to be in there.

TDMVPDPOY
04-16-2009, 03:51 AM
it will save up to the point you intended to save which you have to do manually,

its not like ms access where its done automatically by itself everytime you put in a record.

dont blame vista, blame the noob.

to21
04-17-2009, 01:47 PM
My girlfriend was using my roommates laptop (with Vista) to type up a review for a test we have tomorrow. It was a collaboration between us and 4 other students, but one of them bailed, so her and I had to do his part right now.

When she downloads documents off her email accounts she NEVER fucking hits save, she always hits open, so when the file was closed after we were done with it, I asked her where she saved it, was given the "oh shit" look, then got really pissed off.

I looked through the Temp files, but couldn't find anything. I also ran a search but came up empty as well...

And in my frustration, I made the mistake of telling her that its "partially" her fault for not using my Mac or saving the document properly and now, not only am I in the doghouse, I'm missing that part of my study guide and I lost two hours of sleep when I have to be up at 7 tomorrow morning.

IN conclusion, fuck life. :bangIf you were using Vista does that mean you were running Office 2007 also? There's an auto save feature you can set to save every minute if you want. It will even try to auto recover a file:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/107686

Mixability
04-17-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm guessing you haven't fucked her, right?

Viva Las Espuelas
04-17-2009, 03:24 PM
I'm guessing you haven't fucked her, right?
niiiice

Mixability
04-17-2009, 03:52 PM
niiiice

I'm just saying, I'm assuming he hasn't.

Because if he had, he should've seen she had a vagina, confirming she was a woman, which then he should've known that no matter who fucks something up, it's always the guys fault. He shouldn't be surprised.

lefty
04-18-2009, 01:59 AM
I'm still on XP :D

timvp
04-18-2009, 05:29 AM
And in my frustration, I made the mistake of telling her that its "partially" her fault:lol God Bless, son. God Bless.

Fermixalot
04-19-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm just saying, I'm assuming he hasn't.

Because if he had, he should've seen she had a vagina, confirming she was a woman, which then he should've known that no matter who fucks something up, it's always the guys fault. He shouldn't be surprised.

Firstly, fuck you. And secondly, fuck you.

Thanks to21 for the support site. The whole thing blew over the next day since she admitted to the fact that she should start paying attention to where she saves her files and whether she saves them when she downloads them from email.

And in conclusion, Danyo, that was a good one. :lol

Cry Havoc
04-19-2009, 03:49 PM
:lol God Bless, son. God Bless.

Timvp looks at the geek zone? Wow.

Obstructed_View
04-19-2009, 04:54 PM
I was driving to work for an important meeting, and so I had to shave and was trying to get the traffic report on the radio when the stupid car just ran through a red light and smashed into a telephone pole.

hater
04-20-2009, 08:35 AM
Error between keyboard and chair

ElNono
04-20-2009, 08:45 AM

IN conclusion, fuck life. :bang

Is she a good fuck? Otherwise, why deal with both the stupidity AND the aggravation?