PDA

View Full Version : IMO, pop's best season of coaching.

EricB
04-16-2009, 01:08 AM
Yeah save the "popsucker" comments and what not, I know its coming and I don't care.

IMO this was his best year of coaching and heres why. You take any team, and you give them the injury problems they've had, the lineup problems, slumps to certain players, juggling rookies, youngsters and whatever else, and still win 50+ games, a division title, AND you have a dark horse chance at ANOTHER title?

IMO, this was his best season of coaching yet. He took an Ime Udoka who most of the season looked like a worthless Sacramento King and has turned him into a damn solid player off the bench.

Now has he had his fuckups and things where hes made you say :wtf multiple times? Sure as shit. Hell George Hill not being the backup is still dumbfounding to me.

Flame away like I said, I don't care.

IMO, given what he's had to work with? Pop has done his best work.

Kori Ellis
04-16-2009, 01:11 AM
I don't know if it's his best coaching job. However if you would have told Spurs fans at the beginning of the year that Manu would miss half the season and Duncan's knees didn't work in back-to-backs, no one would have said they'd win the division.

Props to Pop and all the Spurs players.

(Side note: Ime has had a few good games this season, but to me the jury is still out on him.)

EricB
04-16-2009, 01:13 AM
Well, I think Ime has had a good month.

I mean it REALLY started in that tough loss against Houston, and ever since then, while some games hav ebeen down, he's actually been pretty decent.

Kori Ellis
04-16-2009, 01:15 AM
Well, I think Ime has had a good month.

I mean it REALLY started in that tough loss against Houston, and ever since then, while some games hav ebeen down, he's actually been pretty decent.

Without looking, I would say that he's probably shot somewhere close to 42-43 percent for the month, but he's done some other good things. I just don't think he's that good, in general. But I hope he can contribute in the postseason.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-16-2009, 01:16 AM
I give Pop a ton of credit with the last play of regulation. He drew up the best play of the season on the night it mattered most.

I just hope he has a couple more tricks up his sleeve.

tomtom
04-16-2009, 01:16 AM
Better than I expected but I still question many of his plans. Also I don't think 4 decent games counts as completely turning Ime into a solid bench guy though i do give him props, at least hes playing with confidence

ElNono
04-16-2009, 01:17 AM
Not only that, if we don't tank and win that game against Denver we would have ended with the #2 seed. Obviously, the whole thing is relative. The West is too packed and has been very, very even in the last couple of seasons. But props for staying ultra competitive even when the odds didn't look good. To put it in another way, at some point in this season it looked like we could have ended like Phoenix. The fact that we didn't says a lot about this group.

DPG21920
04-16-2009, 01:24 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/34/Flame-Flame_on.jpg

EricB
04-16-2009, 01:25 AM
Not only that, if we don't tank and win that game against Denver we would have ended with the #2 seed. Obviously, the whole thing is relative. The West is too packed and has been very, very even in the last couple of seasons. But props for staying ultra competitive even when the odds didn't look good. To put it in another way, at some point in this season it looked like we could have ended like Phoenix. The fact that we didn't says a lot about this group.

They wouldn't have won that game with everyone, let alone tanking.

Looking back on it, it was probobly a good thing Manu and Timmy didn't play.

EricB
04-16-2009, 01:26 AM
I still have zero clue about basketball. Ignore me please.

EricB
Better than I expected but I still question many of his plans. Also I don't think 4 decent games counts as completely turning Ime into a solid bench guy though i do give him props, at least hes playing with confidence

Its been way more than that.

ElNono
They wouldn't have won that game with everyone, let alone tanking.

Looking back on it, it was probobly a good thing Manu and Timmy didn't play.

Tony didn't play either.

Creation88
04-16-2009, 01:27 AM
this has been Pop's most frustrating year, from a fan's standpoint. he's too damn stubborn. the 2nd team offense is ineffective. he loves Bonner and Finley's jock too much. the Mason-experiment is a failure. he refuses to start and give Bruce significant minutes and donut's Hill while playing Parker 35+ minutes a game.

and a refuses to change any of that. i wholeheartedly disagree.

EricB
Without looking, I would say that he's probably shot somewhere close to 42-43 percent for the month, but he's done some other good things. I just don't think he's that good, in general. But I hope he can contribute in the postseason.

I don't think hes Bruce Bowen meets Stephen Jackson either.

But he's probobly the best rebounding wing, and his defense lately has been solid.

Creation88
this has been Pop's most frustrating year, from a fan's standpoint. he's too damn stubborn. the 2nd team offense is ineffective. he loves Bonner and Finley's jock too much. the Mason-experiment is a failure. he refuses to start and give Bruce significant minutes and donut's Hill while playing Parker 35+ minutes a game.

EricB
04-16-2009, 01:28 AM

Yeah that Finley just sucks.

MannyIsGod
04-16-2009, 01:28 AM
I give Pop a ton of credit with the last play of regulation. He drew up the best play of the season on the night it mattered most.

I just hope he has a couple more tricks up his sleeve.

Wut?

That play was horrible, imo. Everyone in the building knew it which is why the Hornets were able to avoid the screen and stay up in Mason's grill. If West doesn't get lazy then Finely has what was already a pretty hard shot turn into one that is either blocked or at least 10 times as hard.

This shows how results oriented Spurs fans are. If a basket goes in the play was great, but if it misses the play was bad. Thats not the way these things should be looked at.

As far as Pop, I couldn't disagree more. It was a pretty horrible year for him overall and certainly not his best. The fact that the Spurs managed to win the division with the injuries shows more about the job Tony Parker was able to accomplish. Pop hurt this team a lot by playing JV, Ime Udoka and probably Bonner too much. He hurt this team by sitting Bowen and Thomas too much.

Pop made a lot of the wrong decisions this year and that the Spurs have had some success despite that doesn't mean he had a great year.

EricB
04-16-2009, 01:29 AM
Tony didn't play either.

Forgot about that.

I have zero qualms about that game, and IMO, with the matchups, I'd rather play Dallas than New Orleans.

New Orleans is gonna be a bitch.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-16-2009, 01:30 AM
Wut?

That play was horrible, imo. Everyone in the building knew it which is why the Hornets were able to avoid the screen and stay up in Mason's grill. If West doesn't get lazy then Finely has what was already a pretty hard shot turn into one that is either blocked or at least 10 times as hard.

On Michael Finley's shot - "It was a great play and a great design by Pop (Gregg Popovich) and Michael Finley knocked it down. It was a big shot."

- Tony Parker

On the end of regulation - "Pop (Gregg Popovich) drew up a heck of a play. He had me coming off for a shot, I didn't get a good look and the counter to it was for me to find Fin (Michael Finley). Tim (Duncan) set a good pick and Fin hit a heck of a shot."

- Roger Mason

ElNono
04-16-2009, 01:31 AM
Forgot about that.

I have zero qualms about that game, and IMO, with the matchups, I'd rather play Dallas than New Orleans.

New Orleans is gonna be a bitch.

Agree.

MannyIsGod
04-16-2009, 01:32 AM
On Michael Finley's shot - "It was a great play and a great design by Pop (Gregg Popovich) and Michael Finley knocked it down. It was a big shot."

- Tony Parker

On the end of regulation - "Pop (Gregg Popovich) drew up a heck of a play. He had me coming off for a shot, I didn't get a good look and the counter to it was for me to find Fin (Michael Finley). Tim (Duncan) set a good pick and Fin hit a heck of a shot."

- Roger Mason

Oh gee that certainly solidifies your opinion. Pops players said he drew up a good play. I would expect Tony Parker and RMJ to complete trash the play because thats what they do.

Don't take my word for it. Look at replays of the play. RMJ is smothered because everyone knew where it was going. Drawing up a play everyone in the building knows is not a good play. Duncan helped a lot with a hell of a pick but had West not fallen asleep Finley likely has that ball down his own throat.

EricB
04-16-2009, 01:33 AM
If things play out like I hope,

It'll be Spurs New Orleans in the second round AGAIN.

New Orleans IMO is just gonna pick and roll and blow the Nuggets out of the water.

IDEAL IDEAL

Spurs play out of their minds, beat New Orleans in 6, Portland plays LA, beats the living crap out of em in 7 games then in the west Finals the Lakers are exhausted for the Spurs.

Won't happen, but a guy can wish.

DPG21920
Wut?
Pop hurt this team a lot by playing Bonner too much.

Pop made a lot of the wrong decisions this year and that the Spurs have had some success despite that doesn't mean he had a great year.

Shut your stupid mouth.

Kori Ellis
I don't think hes Bruce Bowen meets Stephen Jackson either.

But he's probobly the best rebounding wing, and his defense lately has been solid.

Yeah he's had a decent few games. My main issue with him is he's so so slow, and unfortunately that's not something that can change.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-16-2009, 01:38 AM
Oh gee that certainly solidifies your opinion. Pops players said he drew up a good play. I would expect Tony Parker and RMJ to complete trash the play because thats what they do.

Don't take my word for it. Look at replays of the play. RMJ is smothered because everyone knew where it was going. Drawing up a play everyone in the building knows is not a good play. Duncan helped a lot with a hell of a pick but had West not fallen asleep Finley likely has that ball down his own throat.

On the end of regulation - "Eight seconds is a long time. We knew that when we were talking about that in the timeout, that it's a lot of time. We talked about if Roger's not open then the second option was Michael Finley and he was wide open and knocked down a big shot

- Tony Parker

That solidifies my opinion. They were already prepared for a plan B and executed it well. Yeah, West had a hand up in Finley's face, but I thought the play was well designed.

EricB
04-16-2009, 01:39 AM
Yeah he's had a decent few games. My main issue with him is he's so so slow, and unfortunately that's not something that can change.

Yeah he's not the most ideal, but, lately his rebounding has been good and damn, have you seen the rainbow arch he has on his shots now?

England is a miracleworker.

MannyIsGod
04-16-2009, 01:42 AM
On the end of regulation - "Eight seconds is a long time. We knew that when we were talking about that in the timeout, that it's a lot of time. We talked about if Roger's not open then the second option was Michael Finley and he was wide open and knocked down a big shot

- Tony Parker

That solidifies my opinion. They were already prepared for a plan B and executed it well. Yeah, West had a hand up in Finley's face, but I thought the play was well designed.

I'm not arguing Finley wasn't the 2nd option. Thats true. I'm arguing that it was a well drawn up play. Unless Pop was in the huddle saying "I know David West is going to get caught watching the ball at the free throw line and will not close until its too late" I don't know how you can say a play the Hornets obviously expected is a good play.

NewJerSpur
04-16-2009, 01:42 AM
Now has he had his fuckups and things where hes made you say :wtf multiple times? Sure as shit. Hell George Hill not being the backup is still dumbfounding to me.

I'm all for given Pop props, but it seemed you had a different take on this matter a short while ago:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122658

Amuseddaysleeper
04-16-2009, 01:45 AM
I'm not arguing Finley wasn't the 2nd option. Thats true. I'm arguing that it was a well drawn up play. Unless Pop was in the huddle saying "I know David West is going to get caught watching the ball at the free throw line and will not close until its too late" I don't know how you can say a play the Hornets obviously expected is a good play.

Okay, so we were arguing different things.

I see where you're coming from, but I think Pop gets credit for designating how to get it to Finley in case Roger's shot wouldn't be open.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-16-2009, 01:46 AM
I'm all for given Pop props, but it seemed you had a different take on this matter a short while ago:

He's not a point guard.

He's a shooting guard.

He's not yet ready for the NBA at the shooting guard position.

Move along.

Ahhhhh classic T Park at his finest.

DPG21920

"He's not a point guard.

He's a shooting guard.

He's not yet ready for the NBA at the shooting guard position.

Move along."

pwnd.

whottt
The Spurs had a better record than I figured they would this year...at the same time, Pop is responsible for much of the decline of the team this season.

This was a bite the bullet to rebuild the supporting cast year and they did better than I thought they would...but anyone that thinks this team has a strong chance at winning a championship or has seriously thought that for anything more than the briefest of moments during post win euphoria this season is hopelessly naive.

This is the worst team of the Duncan era...it's not even close.

IF Pop wins a championship with this team it will be a great coaching job, inspite of poor FO'ing by the team.

Hell, I'll be impressed and have my expectations totally surpassed if they make it far enough to play LA and it's anything remotely resembling a competitive series.

Regardless of what happens...this was the final year of the Parker, Manu, Bowen, Duncan quartet that produced 3 championships...so there's not really a whole lot to be disgruntled about.

EricB
04-16-2009, 01:50 AM
Ahhhhh classic T Park at his finest.

He's not.

I agree with he's not a point guard.

But its still a better option.

You an agree with the move and disagree with it on another level.

Heaven forbid I know.

MannyIsGod
04-16-2009, 01:54 AM
The Spurs had a better record than I figured they would this year...at the same time, Pop is responsible for much of the decline of the team this season.

This was a bite the bullet to rebuild the supporting cast year and they did better than I thought they would...but anyone that thinks this team has a strong chance at winning a championship or has seriously thought that for anything more than the briefest of moments during post win euphoria this season is hopelessly naive.

IF Pop wins a championship with this team it will be a great coaching job, inspite of poor FO'ing by the team.

Hell, I'll be impressed and have my expectations totally surpassed if they make it far enough to play LA and it's anything remotely resembling a competitive series.

Regardless of what happens...this was the final year of the Parker, Manu, Bowen, Duncan quartet that produced 3 championships...so there's not really a whole lot to be disgruntled about.

I'm not sure if its the final year, but I absolutely agree Spurs fans should not be disgruntled. If you step back and take a look at what we've been able to witness as fans of this team its been a pretty good ride. We all knew at some point the ride would come to an end or change.

I still think Duncan and Parker have championship possibility, but we've definitely seen the window close a great deal

Baseline
04-16-2009, 01:55 AM

Exactly.

It's a miracle we won so many games while dealing with Pop's ridiculous rotations. Our players won games in spite of our lackluster coach, not because of him.

Trouble is, we were able to win a few games early on because George Hill played really well for a rookie. And now he's not playing at all, which cannot be characterized as anything but stupid.

How effective would George be on Jason Terry? Very effective, that's how.

Le'ts pray that Pop plays Bowen and Hill way more than we've seen. Otherwise it's going to be a short series with Dallas, and we're going to be on the wrong end of it.

timvp
04-16-2009, 01:56 AM
It'd be impossible to for Pop to top 2003. That wasn't only his best coaching job, that was one of his best coaching jobs in the history of the NBA. That team had talent but without Pop making the decisions he made along the way, no way they come close to a championship.

Even this season, I'm not sure if even a championship would top 2003. If the Spurs win the championship this year, it'd be because Duncan and Parker played at superstar levels.

EricB
04-16-2009, 01:58 AM
It'd be impossible to for Pop to top 2003. That wasn't only his best coaching job, that was one of his best coaching jobs in the history of the NBA. That team had talent but without Pop making the decisions he made along the way, no way they come close to a championship.

Even this season, I'm not sure if even a championship would top 2003. If the Spurs win the championship this year, it'd be because Duncan and Parker played at superstar levels.

Pop coached well, but, eh, 2003 he got bailed out a few times.

Even a popsucker like me will admit to that.

whottt
04-16-2009, 02:02 AM
I'm not sure if its the final yearl

Ahh but it already was. Bruce Bowen is no longer part of the foundation of this team, or at least on court he isn't...it's the truth.

And given Manu's gimpiness, I'm not sure how much of that foundation they're willing to make him a part of from this point on either.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-16-2009, 02:05 AM
Yeah save the "popsucker" comments and what not, I know its coming and I don't care.

That pretty much covers it.

He could fuck your mom, and you'd be outside her bedroom door cheering her on.

Let's see...

try to make a shooting guard a point guard (Mason)

bench the rookie PG that you were head over heels in love with last summer (George)

suck off a 60 year old because once out of every ten games he hits double figures (Finley)

Go with a geriatric center to start because he knows the system (Scola)

Bench an all-NBA first team defensive player (Bowen) because the weak ass replacement looks competent once a week (Udoka).

Not that I expected anything less out of your carny ass...

whottt
04-16-2009, 02:06 AM

All in perspective I guesss...I consider that 03 team to be one of the deepest, most experienced and mentally tough teams of this era.

That is the only Spurs championship team I never had a doubt would win the title. They showed the mark of a champion from the beginning of that season and never really faltered IMO.

And it really didn't have that much to do with Pop, those players were just smart, talented and experienced enough to make whatever Pop did work, and it just so happened they really wanted to win a title, down to the last man on the roster(Smitty).

EricB
04-16-2009, 02:07 AM

Let's see...

bench the rookie PG that you were head over heels in love with last summer (George)

suck off a 60 year old because once out of every ten games he hits double figures (Finley)

Bench an all-NBA first team defensive player (Bowen) because the weak ass replacement looks competent once a week (Udoka).

1. When did the Spurs add Scola.

2. When did he become "geriatric"?

EricB
04-16-2009, 02:08 AM
All in perspective I guesss...I consider that 03 team to be one of the deepest, most experienced and mentally tough teams of this era.

That is the only Spurs championship team I never had a doubt would win the title. They showed the mark of a champion from the beginning of that season and never really faltered IMO.

And it really didn't have that much to do with Pop, those players were just smart, talented and experienced enough to make whatever Pop did work, and it just so happened they really wanted to win a title, down to the last man on the roster(Smitty).

Yeah agreed, guys like Willis, Ferry, Smitty, Kerr really were great influences in the locker room and helped out tremendously. IMO before this season, 2007 was his best work.

whottt
04-16-2009, 02:24 AM
I think if I had to pick Pop's best job as a coach it would be 2005.

That season was almost as injury plagued as this season was...

You don't win back to back double OT games without 2 of your best players without doing some motivating...

Oh yeah, he also coached his team to bumping off the defending champs in a 7 game series, that just so happeend to be against his mentor.

I mean you look at the team, yeah on paper it was talented but by the end of the season it was basically a 7 man team with a 2 man bench...

And neither one of those bench guys were exactly Pop's wet dream as a bench guy, neither of them were hustle players or known for their aggressiveness, neither of them really did he wanted...yet he still went with them and ultimatetely managed to get what he needed out of them.

Yeah...I think 05 was definitely Pop's best job as a coach.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-16-2009, 02:32 AM
I thought 2007 was his best job.

whottt
04-16-2009, 02:39 AM
I thought 2007 was Nelly's best job :tu

EricB
04-16-2009, 02:49 AM
I thought 2007 was Nelly's best job :tu

Damn those were some good times.....

SA210
04-16-2009, 02:55 AM

:tu

Let's see...

As far as Pop, I couldn't disagree more. It was a pretty horrible year for him overall and certainly not his best. The fact that the Spurs managed to win the division with the injuries shows more about the job Tony Parker was able to accomplish. Pop hurt this team a lot by playing JV, Ime Udoka and probably Bonner too much. He hurt this team by sitting Bowen and Thomas too much.

:bang:pop:

:flag:

timvp
04-16-2009, 03:00 AM
All in perspective I guesss...I consider that 03 team to be one of the deepest, most experienced and mentally tough teams of this era. It's easy to say that looking back on it but at the time 2003 with Duncan, an aging DRob and a bunch of either too old or too inexperienced pieces. Having the b@lls to stick with SJax through his early struggles, figuring out how to balance Rose and DRob, demanding competency from a 20-year-old point guard and working in a talented yet wild rookie from South America without having a whole season to work with due to injury ... is just the tip of the iceberg of Pop's coaching job in 2003.

It looks like a powerful team in retrospect but at the time it was a newly pieced together puzzle of parts that shouldn't have been experienced enough to win a championship.

That is the only Spurs championship team I never had a doubt would win the title. Cavs in 5.

Blackjack
04-16-2009, 03:08 AM

This team's opportunity to win a title might be the bleakest of the Duncan era, but I can't help but wonder how good they would have been given health and time to gel.

Pretty much spot-on with the rest of the post.:tu

That was the first year to came to my mind.:tu

whottt
04-16-2009, 03:10 AM
It's easy to say that looking back on it but at the time 2003 with Duncan, an aging DRob and a bunch of either too old or too inexperienced pieces. Having the b@lls to stick with SJax through his early struggles, figuring out how to balance Rose and DRob, demanding competency from a 20-year-old point guard and working in a talented yet wild rookie from South America without having a whole season to work with due to injury ... is just the tip of the iceberg of Pop's coaching job in 2003.

It looks like a powerful team in retrospect but at the time it was a newly pieced together puzzle of parts that shouldn't have been experienced enough to win a championship.

I got good vibes from them starting on opening night when they took a big piss on the Lakers ring ceremony in LA.

By the RRT I had absolutely zero doubt that team would win the NBA championship...they never lost a big game that year. They never lost a momentum game. And they just waded through injury issues.

Cavs in 5.

That's exactly my point...I wasn't 100% sold on the 2007 team. I also wasn't sold on the 05 or 99 teams.

I'm not trying to hide the Cavs in 5 thing...I'm pointing out I felt similarly about the 99 and 05 teams.

I made no team x in x game predictions that 2003 season...I didn't need to. I just laughed at the doubters.

I was 100% sold on the 03 team, the only team of the 4 I've been 100% sold on. That team just bore the mark of the champion to me, from the first day of the regular season to the last.

LOL I even sent Manu a PM on his forum that year telling him thanks for helping David Robinson go out a champ in his final year. I think I sent Manu that PM in early November.

whottt
04-16-2009, 03:31 AM
To be fair...I think Pop will give Bowen some heavy burn if we wind up playing LA. I think basically he knows Bruce doesn't really need any minutes to prep for that role, he needs to save his energy for it.

I agree he mishandled George Hill this year...George Hill has the talent to be an x-factor on both sides of the ball and Pop pretty much has him busted down to the lowest run on the ladder right now entering the playoffs.

Poor George will probably go in shock if he finds himself getting regular minutes in the playoffs much less be thinking about being an x-factor during them.

With Gooden...well Gooden hasn't exactly done much to deserve to jump to the front of the rotation....and I don't think our bigman rotation is the problem anyway.

johnnyblues
04-16-2009, 03:50 AM

IMO this was his best year of coaching and heres why. You take any team, and you give them the injury problems they've had, the lineup problems, slumps to certain players, juggling rookies, youngsters and whatever else, and still win 50+ games, a division title, AND you have a dark horse chance at ANOTHER title?

IMO, this was his best season of coaching yet. He took an Ime Udoka who most of the season looked like a worthless Sacramento King and has turned him into a damn solid player off the bench.

Well if you really think.... ah, popsucker!:lol

TDMVPDPOY
04-16-2009, 04:02 AM
this is probably his worst season

his lucky the team won alot of games early early in t he season....

roycrikside
04-16-2009, 04:23 AM

1. If you don't care about other people's opinions, why make a thread? Just so you could effectively shout your opinion at others? Then again, it's not surprising. You never change your mind or admit you're wrong about anything anyway, like a typical Republican nitwit.

2. Explain to me how Pop is "juggling rookies and youngsters." He doesn't play them. That's not juggling. That's taking the three balls and setting them on the floor and walking off the stage. Ta da!

3. Similar to Brett Favre, most of Pop's problems are of his own making. He shapes the roster. He plays the guys the minutes he plays them. I know you like to take what happened the last game and pretend like it's been the case for every game but if you don't think Fin has hurt the Spurs much more than he's helped them this year, I don't know what to tell you. If you think Udoka hasn't sucked out loud, I really don't know what to tell you. You're obviously watching a different game.

4. NBA players have slumps and injuries? ZOMG!!!!

5. Pop has no idea what Pop is doing. He said he's been very pleased with the Mason PG experiment, even though his shooting percentage went to shit and his turnovers went up. Even though he said he was happy with it, he soon went to Vaughn at backup point guard. Then he went back to Mason, but admitted if Manu was still healthy that he'd have been the de-facto backup PG. Now it's back to Mason. Maybe.

Bowen will only be in the rotation, which many people have called for, and Pop has admitted this, because Manu is out. Hill, probably the team's 8th best player at this point, will be off the rotation because he's under 30 years old and no other reason.

Pop's train has left the tracks, dude. And most people by now see this.

Bukefal
04-16-2009, 04:29 AM
Pop is great, every year he is doing his best for the team, this year also even if it wasnt all bright and shiny, he still did great. Pop is the best thing we have. I could not imagine spurs without pop. Go pop!!!!

Saved By Zero
04-16-2009, 06:32 AM

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/RTM-3/ownage1.jpg

Laker Lanny
04-16-2009, 06:35 AM

:lmao

now for the mercy kill!..........

SA210
04-16-2009, 09:36 AM
1. If you don't care about other people's opinions, why make a thread? Just so you could effectively shout your opinion at others? Then again, it's not surprising. You never change your mind or admit you're wrong about anything anyway, like a typical Republican nitwit.

2. Explain to me how Pop is "juggling rookies and youngsters." He doesn't play them. That's not juggling. That's taking the three balls and setting them on the floor and walking off the stage. Ta da!

3. Similar to Brett Favre, most of Pop's problems are of his own making. He shapes the roster. He plays the guys the minutes he plays them. I know you like to take what happened the last game and pretend like it's been the case for every game but if you don't think Fin has hurt the Spurs much more than he's helped them this year, I don't know what to tell you. If you think Udoka hasn't sucked out loud, I really don't know what to tell you. You're obviously watching a different game.

4. NBA players have slumps and injuries? ZOMG!!!!

5. Pop has no idea what Pop is doing. He said he's been very pleased with the Mason PG experiment, even though his shooting percentage went to shit and his turnovers went up. Even though he said he was happy with it, he soon went to Vaughn at backup point guard. Then he went back to Mason, but admitted if Manu was still healthy that he'd have been the de-facto backup PG. Now it's back to Mason. Maybe.

Bowen will only be in the rotation, which many people have called for, and Pop has admitted this, because Manu is out. Hill, probably the team's 8th best player at this point, will be off the rotation because he's under 30 years old and no other reason.

Pop's train has left the tracks, dude. And most people by now see this.