PDA

View Full Version : As a basketball fan I am incredibly excited to see this series...

DrHouse
04-16-2009, 01:33 AM
San Antonio Spurs vs. Dallas Mavericks

The 2006 WCF was perhaps the most underrated playoff series of the last two decades. Easily one of the best 7 game series I've ever seen. Both teams literally played their hearts out and left it all on the floor in Game 7.

Now that Ginobili is out I think the series is about even from a talent perspective, with the slight edge to the Mavs. This is evened out IMHO with HCA going to the Spurs. I expect nothing less than a bloodbath, whoever comes out of this series alive likely won't make it out of the 2nd round.

1OmE3B-s8ow

dirk4mvp
04-16-2009, 01:34 AM
I watch that video for inspiration in my personal life.

Spursfan092120
04-16-2009, 01:36 AM
snWr4kuwY5w

A better video... :) because it meant something...led to an actual title.

lil_penny
04-16-2009, 01:52 AM
yea this should be a good one

Ghazi
04-16-2009, 01:58 AM
because it meant something...led to an actual title.

Mavs won it all in 2006.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-16-2009, 02:09 AM
What are the non Spurs/Mavs fans predictions on this series?

himat
04-16-2009, 02:12 AM
We have good series across the board this year.

Brickhouse
04-16-2009, 02:16 AM
That's what everyone said last season but the Hornets-Mavs and Spurs-Suns first round series were not even competitive.

Depends on which Mavs show up.

TheNextGen
04-16-2009, 02:17 AM
yea this should be a good one

yah that chick in ur sig is a good one..who is she

redzero
04-16-2009, 02:18 AM
As much as I think Dirk is a sissy, I want him to beat the Spurs again.

himat
04-16-2009, 02:21 AM
What are the non Spurs/Mavs fans predictions on this series?

Spurs in 7, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Mavs win. They were in danger of not being in the playoffs, but now they are on a roll and moved all the way up to 6th place.

Here are my predictions:

Cavs vs. Pistons -dont want to jinx my boys. Ill keep it at that.

Boston vs. Philly- Boston is going to manhandle the Sixers especially if KG is healthy. I predict a sweep.

Orlando vs. Chicago-6 games, Orlando wins. They finally get past the 1st round.

Miami vs. Atlanta-7 games, Miami wins. This is really a toss up for me. It will be an exciting series. Atlanta is better overall, but Miami has the best player on the court in the series.

La Lakers vs. Utah-The Jazz are a dangerous team. They have big guards, rebounding big men, and tough shooters. LA has strong guards as well though (Fisher, Bryant), size inside (Bynum, Gasol), and shut down defenders (Ariza, Bryant) Lakers in 5

Denver vs. New Orleans-Denver in 6. Hornets dont have enough outside of Paul/West. Denver will win unless J.R. Smith has poor shot selection.

SA vs. Dallas-explanation at the top

Houston vs. Portland-I think Houston is in for a nightmare. I predict a sweep.

dirk4mvp
04-16-2009, 02:23 AM

As much as Paul will try to 360 barrel roll cartwheel his way to his team's victory, it'll be nice to see him get kicked in the teeth by the nuggets.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-16-2009, 02:34 AM
Mavs won it all in 2006.

Oh dear lord. For your own sake, please don't go down that road...

J.T.
04-16-2009, 02:36 AM
Fuck the Mavs. This series has me so revved i had to find this picture of me wearing a Spurs hat taken before dirk4mvp was born and before Tim Duncan graduated Wake Forest.

Ghazi
04-16-2009, 02:55 AM
I really really fucking hope the Mavs win this series.

On top of the fact that I'm a Mav fan, it'll be fucking annoying coming on here after a series loss seeing threads like "Dirk for Randolph" by you know who.

I'm not getting my hopes up. It's hard to trust a Mavs team that's so mediocre on the road in a series w/o home court.

timvp
04-16-2009, 03:19 AM
As a Spurs fan I am pissed. The Mavs were the one team I didn't want. The AAC turns into Pleasantville when the Spurs walk into the building.

JamStone
04-16-2009, 03:30 AM
Tough series to call. You'd think Spurs should win this series, but without Ginobili, the margin for error is much, much less for them. The Spurs can't really afford to have off nights from either Parker or Duncan or they'd need a surprise 20+ type performance from a guy like Mason or Finley, which isn't improbably, just something they shouldn't cast their hopes on. I think Dallas is capable of playing pretty well against the Spurs, but they're so inconsistent with a Jeckyl and Hyde kind of personality.

Neither team is really all that deep, but I think each individual game could be determined by the contributions of an unexpected role player or reserve. I think this series is pretty much a toss-up. I'll go with the Spurs with the HCA to prevail, maybe in 6 games.

mystargtr34
04-16-2009, 04:52 AM
I think its hard for neutral fans to realise how differently the Mavs play when they play the Spurs. They just bring their A game every time, its like theyre comfortable seeing the Black and White jerseys in front of them. Josh Howard always goes circa 2006 and plays like an All-Star, and Dirk becomes clutch and always plays like the MVP he is.

Even guys like Bass, and Dampier seem to step their games up. Not to mention the single reason nearly all Spurs fans despise the Mavs, Jason Terry. I think alot of Spurs fans like Dirk as a player and person - but its damn hard to respect the Mavs when you have that turtle headed douchebag running around disrespecting everyone and punching people in the balls while celebrating to the crowd after every made 3, even in the first quarter.

As for the series, i actually would have preferred to play the Rockets without HCA as the 5 seed, they just dont scare me at all.

But playing the Mavs sure beats the hell out of going to the Rose Garden. And i think the Blazers actually have a legit shot at knocking off the Lakers - as far fetched as it is. So id rather the Portland have a crack at LA before the Spurs do.

Anyway, i digress - better not get ahead of myself, Im really not confident at all, without Manu, the Spurs just matchup horribly with this team, so i wouldnt be overly surprised to see the Mavs win the Series. Either way, this series should be a dogfight.

Sportstudi
04-16-2009, 06:16 AM
I think its hard for neutral fans to realise how differently the Mavs play when they play the Spurs. They just bring their A game every time, its like theyre comfortable seeing the Black and White jerseys in front of them. Josh Howard always goes circa 2006 and plays like an All-Star, and Dirk becomes clutch and always plays like the MVP he is.

Even guys like Bass, and Dampier seem to step their games up. Not to mention the single reason nearly all Spurs fans despise the Mavs, Jason Terry. I think alot of Spurs fans like Dirk as a player and person - but its damn hard to respect the Mavs when you have that turtle headed douchebag running around disrespecting everyone and punching people in the balls while celebrating to the crowd after every made 3, even in the first quarter.

As for the series, i actually would have preferred to play the Rockets without HCA as the 5 seed, they just dont scare me at all.

But playing the Mavs sure beats the hell out of going to the Rose Garden. And i think the Blazers actually have a legit shot at knocking off the Lakers - as far fetched as it is. So id rather the Portland have a crack at LA before the Spurs do.

Anyway, i digress - better not get ahead of myself, Im really not confident at all, without Manu, the Spurs just matchup horribly with this team, so i wouldnt be overly surprised to see the Mavs win the Series. Either way, this series should be a dogfight.

Hmm, you mean the accident with Finley. Wasn't nice, that's for sure and I can understand that you hate Terry for it. It simply something you don't do.

sribb43
04-16-2009, 07:32 AM
Should be a great series....After a long year as a mavs fans, this is a nice treat after all the ups and downs of the 08-09 season

KSeal
04-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Dallas will win this series in 6.

ElNono
04-16-2009, 08:34 AM
I'm gonna counter and say I'll be shocked if this series goes past 5 or 6 games.
The only caveat being Duncan knees flaring up. But considering there are no back to back games and the travel distance is short, I'm confident he'll be allright.
The '06 series was indeed a bloodbath, but this season neither team is playing anywhere near the defense of those days. Gino is out, but Harris is gone and TP has owned Kidd for the past 6 years. Spurs have won 5 out of the last 7 against them, including games without Manu and Duncan, and without TP and Duncan.

I have the Spurs in 5 max.

u2sarajevo
04-16-2009, 08:39 AM

The 2006 WCF was perhaps the most underrated playoff series of the last two decades. Easily one of the best 7 game series I've ever seen. Both teams literally played their hearts out and left it all on the floor in Game 7.

Now that Ginobili is out I think the series is about even from a talent perspective, with the slight edge to the Mavs. This is evened out IMHO with HCA going to the Spurs. I expect nothing less than a bloodbath, whoever comes out of this series alive likely won't make it out of the 2nd round.

1OmE3B-s8owI agree that it should be a good series.... but the Mavs played the Suns in the 2006 WCF, not the Spurs.

Rogue
04-16-2009, 08:53 AM
The spurs won't just give up this series that easily IMHO, the playoffs are just like stimulus to the spurs and always motivate them to play beyond their level. Even though Manu was sore through the main trip the spurs rambled in May of last year, the spurs still limped to the WCF and won a game in that series against the lakers. Although the spurs have already lost Manu, they still have a big bunch of decent players like Duncan, Tony Longoria, Fin, Gooden... who are more than enough to make up manu's absense. I speculate the series will last at least 6 games, and it's really too difficult for me to assume which team is gonna survive. Personnally I hope our boys in blue to wipe out the spurs and troop to the second round, but I would still root for the spurs if the spurs luckily got a fluke win and made the second round. I always root for whoever plays the lakers, even the Jazz who is gonna play the Lakers in the first round.

FTL.

lefty
04-16-2009, 09:02 AM

1OmE3B-s8ow

I agree.

I don't think the winner will have anything left in the thank

IronMexican
04-16-2009, 09:09 AM
Dallas in 6.

pauls931
04-16-2009, 09:21 AM
I think the spurs stand a good chance of making the WCF thanks to that finley guy and a nice pick by duncan. However the lakers are ranked like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 in the west and the spurs are #8. Portland is good, but the spurs show mental stability will take out younger teams like NO and this year portland.

Spursmania
04-16-2009, 12:01 PM
The spurs won't just give up this series that easily IMHO, the playoffs are just like stimulus to the spurs and always motivate them to play beyond their level. Even though Manu was sore through the main trip the spurs rambled in May of last year, the spurs still limped to the WCF and won a game in that series against the lakers. Although the spurs have already lost Manu, they still have a big bunch of decent players like Duncan, Tony Longoria, Fin, Gooden... who are more than enough to make up manu's absense. I speculate the series will last at least 6 games, and it's really too difficult for me to assume which team is gonna survive. Personnally I hope our boys in blue to wipe out the spurs and troop to the second round, but I would still root for the spurs if the spurs luckily got a fluke win and made the second round. I always root for whoever plays the lakers, even the Jazz who is gonna play the Lakers in the first round.

FTL.

This will be a nail-biting series as usual. I would have preferred to play Houston because as I have always said, Yao is soft and does not have the strength to survive the entire playoff series'. You saw him run out of gas in the 4th agianst Dallas last night. He's just not tough enough. Houston would have been a much easier opponent.

But anyways, I agree this will be a hell of a series and as much as I love the Spurs, I am still wondering whether Duncan's knee will hold out.

:flag:

Budkin
04-16-2009, 12:33 PM
Harris and Diop were the main reasons the Spurs lost in 2006. They were the X-Factors. With them gone the matchup issues just aren't there. Spurs in 5.

spurs_50_21
04-16-2009, 12:34 PM
I watch that video for inspiration in my personal life.

you get close to top but fail in end?

dirk4mvp
04-16-2009, 12:46 PM
you get close to top but fail in end?

This clone just doesn't have what it takes to cut it yet.

IronMexican
04-16-2009, 12:52 PM

1OmE3B-s8ow

I never saw that mix. I liked it a lot. The Laker mix's use way too much "epic" music.

mytespurs
04-16-2009, 12:54 PM
This is going to be a good one; I too think it will go at least 6-7 games. I'll go with my Spurs to take this one. They are starting to gell somewhat....though it wouldn't surprise me if Dallas prevailed...I'd be disappointed but not surprised.

spurs_50_21
04-16-2009, 12:58 PM
This clone just doesn't have what it takes to cut it yet.

better send me back down to the minors any mavs forums you recomend?

dirk4mvp
04-16-2009, 01:00 PM
better send me back down to the minors any mavs forums you recomend?

mavtalk.com

Amuseddaysleeper
04-16-2009, 01:32 PM
The thing is, the Mavs play better in SA than the Spurs do in Dallas.

Even if the Mavs go down 0-2, it wouldn't surprise me to see them tie it up after 4 games.

Last time we played the Mavs, they got an effin layup drill as we were a step slow on our rotations in defending the paint. Josh Howard kills us, and I really hope TP can slow down Terry without having to burn himself out at both ends of the court.

I hope Gooden turns out to be a pleasant surprise in this series.

Morg1411
04-16-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm looking forward to the series. Hopefully it'll be a good 6 or 7 game stretch.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Since the playoffs mean shit to me this year, I hope Dallas wins just cause Suns fans understand how frustrating it is to be a Mavs fan (and some Spurs fans on this board just piss me off beyond belief, besides Ghazi the Mavs fans here are cool), and the muthafuckin JET is one of my favorite players. I even like J-Ho just cause everyone hates him.

This series IMO depends him how well Kidd can defend Parker. Obviously he's a lot worse and Parker's a lot better since 2003 when Kidd owned Parker, but I have a hunch Kidd has some good defense left in him. I never thought I'd say this, but Dallas might be wishing they still had Diop during this series. If Kidd can break even with Parker to a certain extent in production, the Mavs will win the series.

Findog
04-16-2009, 02:11 PM
This series IMO depends him how well Kidd can defend Parker. Obviously he's a lot worse and Parker's a lot better since 2003 when Kidd owned Parker, but I have a hunch Kidd has some good defense left in him. I never thought I'd say this, but Dallas might be wishing they still had Diop during this series. If Kidd can break even with Parker to a certain extent in production, the Mavs will win the series.

Kidd won't guard Parker very much. He'll be on him in spells, but Antoine Wright and JJ Barea will take more turns. Kidd will guard Mason or Finley when they're in and will free safety the passing lanes. I'm not worried about Duncan, he'll get his 25 and 12 in the playoffs against us like he always does. But Parker worries me. It all comes down to whether or not Barea and JET together can equal his offensive production.

stretch
04-16-2009, 02:20 PM
IMO, the Spurs will have a harder time guarding Dirk and Terry than the Mavs do guarding Duncan and Parker, which will be the difference in the series and lead the Mavs to a series victory.

himat
04-16-2009, 02:27 PM
What the Mavs have done recently is put Kidd on the opposing 2 or 3. Against the Cavs he defended LeBron better than Mo Williams! Kidd is very strong for his position but hes slower.

Do the Spurs have a big, brute SG or SF though? Both Manu (i know hes out) and Parker are quick guards. But my point is Kidd will most likely guard Finley or other Spurs guards, not Tony Parker.

BUMP
04-16-2009, 02:29 PM
agreed im almost 100% positive that Antoine Wright will be guarding Parker

*cue the "Oh God, please let that happen!" response from SpurFan"

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-16-2009, 02:35 PM
IMO, the Spurs will have a harder time guarding Dirk and Terry than the Mavs do guarding Duncan and Parker, which will be the difference in the series and lead the Mavs to a series victory.

I agree that Dirk is gonna run a train on the Spurs given that based on Pop's recent behavior Finley is gonna guard him 35 minutes a game.

The funny thing is George Hill can probably guard Terry WAY better than any other Spur, and Popovich won't use him at all. We'll probably see Terry go off against Vaughn.

ambchang
04-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Lakers > Jazz, 4-1: Jazz get one at home.
Hornets > Nuggets, 4-2: Nuggets are still prone to errors. Billups helped them clean up some of it, but this has always been a team that doesn't appear to pay attention to details.
Spurs > Mavs, 4-3: Tough series, but the Spurs prevail due to homecourt. If Pop decides to play a lineup of Parker, Hill, Finley, Thomas and Duncan, with Bowen 1st guy off the bench? Spurs in 5. But this will never happen.
Blazers > Rockets: 4-1: Blazers actually doesn't have to double Yao, and the rest of the Rockets suffer. Watch Artest launch questionable shot after questionable shot.

Spursfan092120
04-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Mavs won it all in 2006.
http://www.allcanes.com/blog/uploaded_images/heat_champs-777955.jpg

Warlord23
04-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Here are the key differences between now and 2006 which make the Mavs less effective:

Last time around Duncan had a serviceable defensive big on him at all times (Diop/Dampier). Which is one of the reasons he ran out of gas in OT of that epic game 7. If Bass/Hollins are going to see time on the floor, I like Playoff Duncan's chances. Bass is too short, and Hollins is too slender.

2009 Parker >> 2006 Parker. Also, no Devin Harris means Parker doesn't have to exert himself too much, no matter whether it's Wright or Terry or Kidd he's up against.

Gooden/Thomas/Bonner > Rasho/Nazr/Horry, especially since Horry sucked in the 06 playoffs. Dallas killed us with their rebounding in 06, and I'm more than confident that the Spurs will hold their own on the boards this year.

The slow death of the Avery-era iso offense. The Mavs killed the Spurs with their iso sets for Dirk, Howard and Stackhouse. This year's Mavs play a more conventional style with more passing and screen-roll, although Dirk iso-ing at the FT line is still seen a fair bit.

2009 Dirk and 2009 Howard < their 2006 counterparts.

Stackhouse/Marquis in 2006 > Wright/Singleton in 09

Their 2 PG lineup (Kidd/Barea) doesn't scare the Spurs, it's the perfect setting for playing George Hill alongside Parker or Mason.

Finley, believe it or not, has shot better this year compared to 06.

Mason/Udoka >>> Barry/Van Exel

Hill and Mason have the potential to keep the offense rolling in the absence of Manu. Hopefully Pop plays Hill alongside Parker/Mason and lets him drive at Terry/Kidd/Barea

The changes that I expect will adversely impact SA:

Duncan being banged up is huge. Earlier we could expect him to put up 30/12 against Dallas. If we get 20/9 this year I'm happy.

No Manu. Mavs didn't have an answer for a healthy Manu.

Terry has been more productive/consistent this year, while Bowen has declined

SA's team defense is a step slower than last year.

I'm sure Mavs fans will argue that Manu's absence and Duncan's injury overshadow all the other positives for the Spurs. However, it's a 7-game series, and the Spurs have enough role players with talent who can step up and make a difference. I'm hoping Pop gives Gooden and Hill enough minutes to prove themselves.

BUMP
04-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Lakers>Jazz, 4-0. Sweep. Jazz suck

Nuggets>Hornets 4-1. Billups will play a good series on Paul and there is just too much athleticism

Mavs>Spurs 4-0. I'm seriously not even kidding. the way we're playing right now i think we'll take 2 games in SA and then the Spurs will just mail it in. Every dynasty or run has to come to an end, usually in an ugly manner. ala the Pistons/Lakers in 04, Bulls/Miami in 07 i think this is the series that SA fans will look back on and say this was the end of our era

Blazers>Rockets 4-2 As tempted as I am to say flat out sweep, i think Houston is still a quality team that matches up pretty well and will get in a game or two either home or away. Portland is simply better though, they will advance

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-16-2009, 03:44 PM
What's disgusting looking at these teams is if the Suns played with intensity on both sides of the court and put in the effort to win they could easily be the 2nd best team in the West. J-Rich could be a first team all NBA defender if he tried hard.

Spursfan092120
04-16-2009, 03:48 PM
What's disgusting looking at these teams is if the Suns played with intensity on both sides of the court and put in the effort to win they could easily be the 2nd best team in the West. J-Rich could be a first team all NBA defender if he tried hard.
http://www.failpix.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/dog_fail.jpg

Ghazi
04-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Since the playoffs mean shit to me this year, I hope Dallas wins just cause Suns fans understand how frustrating it is to be a Mavs fan (and some Spurs fans on this board just piss me off beyond belief, besides Ghazi the Mavs fans here are cool), and the muthafuckin JET is one of my favorite players. I even like J-Ho just cause everyone hates him.

Why the fuck am I getting lip from your Nash hatin, Jewish cuckold ass?:lol

I suppose the "cool" Mavs fans are the ones who give up on our guys, who start Dirk for Tyrus fucking Thomas threads, who call our fucking franchise player a "pussy faggot". Fuck THAT shit. (U KNOW WHO UR !).

Shut da fuck

And Kidd cannot guard Parker.

And Diop is a non factor. All of the Spurs' bigs are either scrubs or old and busted.

timvp
04-16-2009, 04:00 PM
This series IMO depends him how well Kidd can defend Parker. Obviously he's a lot worse and Parker's a lot better since 2003 when Kidd owned ParkerParker owned Kidd in that series. The Nets slowed down Parker only after they switched Kerry Kittles onto Parker. Then Parker's outside jumper dried up.

Ghazi
04-16-2009, 04:02 PM
I don't like our odds in this series. We're a bunch of spineless pussies, our best player is the white Antoine Walker, and our moronic coach won't give our athletic studs Shawn mutha fuckin Williams and Gerald fuckin Green any PT.

Expect Dirk and Josh to shoot 40% or less and the Mavs to lose in 5.

nkdlunch
04-16-2009, 04:37 PM
snWr4kuwY5w

A better video... :) because it meant something...led to an actual title.

:lmao

nkdlunch
04-16-2009, 04:37 PM
We're a bunch of spineless pussies,

you can say that again

DPG21920
04-16-2009, 05:19 PM
I have been saying this along with Timvp for a while. The Mavs are the WORST match-up for the Spurs for many reasons:

1) Division/Conference Rival
2) Built to beat the Spurs. The Mavs do not care about rings, they care about beating the Spurs.
3) The Mavs play so confident against the Spurs. You can tell when you watch the games the Mavs have absolutely no fear of the Spurs at all. All of their players play like they KNOW they can get their offense any time they want. It is sickening to watch the Mavs play other teams then watch them play the Spurs.
4) History. The Mavs have beat the Spurs in the playoffs. Not only that, they did it on the road in a game 7 against a solid Spurs team. That is something no other team has (except the Lakers). That is why the Suns could never beat the Spurs; they could never visualize beating the Spurs and they dreaded seeing the Spurs. The Mavs, not so much.

All of those reasons combined with the fact that the Mavs have no expectations or pressure adds up to a terrible match-up for the Spurs. I think the Spurs take it in 7, but I would not be surprised if the Mavs knocked the Spurs out. I would be pissed, but it would not be unexpected.

BUMP
04-16-2009, 05:53 PM
I have been saying this along with Timvp for a while. The Mavs are the WORST match-up for the Spurs for many reasons:

2) Built to beat the Spurs. The Mavs do not care about rings, they care about beating the Spurs.3) The Mavs play so confident against the Spurs. You can tell when you watch the games the Mavs have absolutely no fear of the Spurs at all. All of their players play like they KNOW they can get their offense any time they want. It is sickening to watch the Mavs play other teams then watch them play the Spurs.
4) History. The Mavs have beat the Spurs in the playoffs. Not only that, they did it on the road in a game 7 against a solid Spurs team. That is something no other team has (except the Lakers). That is why the Suns could never beat the Spurs; they could never visualize beating the Spurs and they dreaded seeing the Spurs. The Mavs, not so much.

All of those reasons combined with the fact that the Mavs have no expectations or pressure adds up to a terrible match-up for the Spurs. I think the Spurs take it in 7, but I would not be surprised if the Mavs knocked the Spurs out. I would be pissed, but it would not be unexpected.

u better get that right, we've been licking our chops all season for this matchup

BUMP
04-16-2009, 05:54 PM
but seriously that was a good post.

most people dont realize that we turn into the Cavs whenever we see the Spurs....against anyone else, well, we're the Mavericks

DPG21920
04-16-2009, 05:55 PM
We all know that is why you have 1 :lobt2:, you beat the Spurs and that was the Mavs championship.

It is like a little kid who wants to beat his dad. We will see if dad was just letting you win.

BUMP
04-16-2009, 05:56 PM
We all know that is why you have 1 :lobt2:, you beat the Spurs and that was the Mavs championship.

It is like a little kid who wants to beat his dad. We will see if dad was just letting you win.

no, daddy doesnt let you win...even once

Kobe Bryant=our daddy

DPG21920
04-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Kobe is more like the older brother. He wins, shoves it in your face, embarrasses you in front of your friends when all you want is to be like him :depressed

Indazone
04-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Just because it's playoff time and this video is apropos :lmao

Ub14_iNzt9w

BUMP
04-16-2009, 06:05 PM
the day that Kobe retires cant some soon enough

a typical day at Staples for MavFan

94vj4tXU1-w

Allanon
04-16-2009, 06:44 PM
the day that Kobe retires cant some soon enough

a typical day at Staples for MavFan

This is why you don't really ever see me laughing at the Mavericks...that's alot of heartbreak years. Every team should have at least 1 championship, I can't imagine how much it sucks to be a Mavericks fan.

Ignorant Spurs fan
04-16-2009, 06:47 PM
This is why you don't really ever see me laughing at the Mavericks...that's alot of heartbreak years. Every team should have at least 1 championship, I can't imagine how much it sucks to be a Mavericks fan.

laugh all you want at the CHOKEricks.

They will NEVER win those Losers. we can take it to another level, a Championship level that they will be unable to match. i expect this series to be a sweep we might be nice and give them 1 win. im not sure if it will be in 4 or 5 but i am sure of one thing and that is that they will NEVER win a championship.

ElNono
04-16-2009, 07:04 PM
laugh all you want at the CHOKEricks.

They will NEVER win those Losers. we can take it to another level, a Championship level that they will be unable to match. i expect this series to be a sweep we might be nice and give them 1 win. im not sure if it will be in 4 or 5 but i am sure of one thing and that is that they will NEVER win a championship.

Hi deSoto

dirk4mvp
04-16-2009, 07:07 PM

You're a self admitted bandwagoner. lol at you sons.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-16-2009, 07:13 PM
http://www.failpix.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/dog_fail.jpg

God you're so dumb. Name a team currently in the West playoffs other than LA (that means the Spurs don't have Manu) that could beat a fully healthy Suns team on paper making good decisions and playing committed consistent defense.

Allanon
04-16-2009, 07:38 PM
You're a self admitted bandwagoner. lol at you sons.

I lucked into the Spurs bandwagon in the late 90's and then the Lakers in 2000 when my family moved to LA. If my family had moved to New York, I'd probably be a Knicks fan. But I have no plans to move again... it's been an easy life as a fan sons. :lol

Ghazi
04-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Nobody has a right to laugh at the Mavs.

We're ringless because of the worst call in the history of sports

That's like laughing at a virgin whose about to get laid until his friend cock blocks him.

That's like laughing at someone who loses his life savings overnight.

That's like laughing at the skinny kid who waited all year, attended every practice, to get into the football game in mop up duty, and breaks his collarbone on the first play.

You can't laugh, all you can do is say "you deserved better than that"

NBA Junkie
04-16-2009, 09:02 PM
I'd fear the Mavs more if they still had Devin Harris instead of Jason Kidd at PG.

TP had a difficult time defending Harris' quickness.

Jason Terry continues to shoot the way he has in the last few games, the Mavs could win this series.

exstatic
04-16-2009, 09:58 PM

A lot of bad, choking things have happened to the Mavs since then.

exstatic
04-16-2009, 10:19 PM

Ask Suns fan. :lol

anonoftheinternets
04-16-2009, 10:29 PM
i think its hard for neutral fans to realise how differently the mavs play when they play the spurs. They just bring their a game every time, its like theyre comfortable seeing the black and white jerseys in front of them. Josh howard always goes circa 2006 and plays like an all-star, and dirk becomes clutch and always plays like the mvp he is.

Even guys like bass, and dampier seem to step their games up. Not to mention the single reason nearly all spurs fans despise the mavs, jason terry. I think alot of spurs fans like dirk as a player and person - but its damn hard to respect the mavs when you have that turtle headed douchebag running around disrespecting everyone and punching people in the balls while celebrating to the crowd after every made 3, even in the first quarter.

As for the series, i actually would have preferred to play the rockets without hca as the 5 seed, they just dont scare me at all.

But playing the mavs sure beats the hell out of going to the rose garden. And i think the blazers actually have a legit shot at knocking off the lakers - as far fetched as it is. So id rather the portland have a crack at la before the spurs do.

Anyway, i digress - better not get ahead of myself, im really not confident at all, without manu, the spurs just matchup horribly with this team, so i wouldnt be overly surprised to see the mavs win the series. Either way, this series should be a dogfight.

+1

j-money24
04-16-2009, 10:32 PM
In my opinion, Whoever wins this series will make it to the WCF, Denver is the worst 2nd seed ever IMO.

anonoftheinternets
04-16-2009, 10:38 PM

2) Built to beat the Spurs. The Mavs do not care about rings, they care about beating the Spurs.
3) The Mavs play so confident against the Spurs. You can tell when you watch the games the Mavs have absolutely no fear of the Spurs at all. All of their players play like they KNOW they can get their offense any time they want. It is sickening to watch the Mavs play other teams then watch them play the Spurs.

lol, overly dramatic arent we? Just coz ur afraid of the mavs, doesnt mean the spurs are. They won that game 7 coz, the mavs were a good team that year, The following year they demolished everyone, and a really really bad matchup against GS took them out. :lol

Anyway this year is going to be close, since manu is not playing. Thats the only reason its even close. Else it would have been a cake walk. So all its come down to is a injured team playing a fully healthy mavs, but I still pick the spurs in win in 6.

anonoftheinternets
04-16-2009, 10:38 PM
in my opinion, whoever wins this series will make it to the wcf, denver is the worst 2nd seed ever imo.

+1

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-16-2009, 11:08 PM
In my opinion, Whoever wins this series will make it to the WCF, Denver is the worst 2nd seed ever IMO.

Agreed. I just can't see Carmelo Anthony in the WCF.

lil_penny
04-16-2009, 11:11 PM
I couldn't picture carmelo even making it of the 1st round let alone making it to the WCF

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-16-2009, 11:16 PM
I couldn't picture carmelo even making it of the 1st round let alone making it to the WCF

You can just look at him and get the sense he's gonna do something stupid to prevent it. Similar to Baron Davis

Ghazi
04-16-2009, 11:20 PM
i could. hes playing against the hornets

mavs>spurs2
04-16-2009, 11:24 PM
i could. hes playing against the hornets

:lmao But seriously, we gotta hope they can actually knock off Denver, they're a horrible matchup for us. New Orleans on the other hand is very beatable.

spursfan09
04-17-2009, 12:03 AM
I didn't want the Spurs to play the Mavs. The only thing that has me hopeful is that we got Tim Duncan, and TP is going to make JK look really old and tired. Ok two things have me hopeful. Another one? Manu won't be around to foul anyone in game 7.

Just kidding I wish Manu were playing. This is the first time in like 6 or 7 years I have actually thought the Spurs can not win it all.

Sean Higgins
04-17-2009, 12:06 AM
Im rooting for the mavs, my home boy Malik allen used to play for them. Now he is on the bucks of course ;)

Killakobe81
04-17-2009, 12:32 AM
Im rooting for the mavs, my home boy Malik allen used to play for them. Now he is on the bucks of course ;)

If you really are SEan you were nice in HS and AT michigan ...i grew up in L and of course loved college hoops remember some big games from you ...you had mad skills ...

Sean Higgins
04-17-2009, 12:37 AM
If you really are SEan you were nice in HS and AT michigan ...i grew up in L and of course loved college hoops remember some big games from you ...you had mad skills ...

thanks, appreciate it, the pic in my sig is the game winner vs illi 89 semis

remember it like it was yesterday

Killakobe81
04-17-2009, 12:47 AM
thanks, appreciate it, the pic in my sig is the game winner vs illi 89 semis

remember it like it was yesterday
Was it fairfax you played ast in HS i knew it was an LA city school you were a few years ahead of me ... but I played in the valley ...but nowhere near as nice as you ...

Sean Higgins
04-17-2009, 12:51 AM
Was it fairfax you played ast in HS i knew it was an LA city school you were a few years ahead of me ... but I played in the valley ...but nowhere near as nice as you ...
played at FHS, GO LIONS!!

you played ball also?

Donkeybong
04-17-2009, 12:51 AM
im saying dallas is going to win this one. Timmy's knees are just too fucked

Killakobe81
04-17-2009, 12:58 AM
played at FHS, GO LIONS!!

you played ball also?

yeah but more of a track guy i was all conference 2 years but no college ball again way behind you skills wise if i remeber correct you had a nice range as well as some hops ...that final four was crazy especially the Illini game they had mad talent as well

DAF86
04-17-2009, 01:45 AM

1OmE3B-s8ow

I never make it pass that Manu three, I'm like: "ok that's it, just watch it, what is done is done" and every time the Mavs are about to inbound the ball I have to take it out.

DeadlyDynasty
04-18-2009, 07:07 PM
Let's get this shit started!...I'm psyched for this series cause it's the only one of the eight matchups where I honestly think anything can happen.