PDA

View Full Version : SONS: Suns fans...Dirk for Amare?

freemeat
04-16-2009, 02:37 AM
This off-season, Mark Cuban has said that Dirk is off limits.

But, if Steve Kerr were to offer Amare for Dirk (which would work under the salary limits), would you like it?

I'm not gonna get into why or why I won't like the deal for either team because I wanna hear Suns and Mavs fans here.

According to ESPN Trade Machine, it's fine...and both players have 3 years left on their deals. In the next three years, if you made the trade, where would you be? Would you like to do it now?

Instead of interjecting, Spurs fans...let's let the Mavs & Suns have this thread:

"Discuss amongst ya selves!":

QqPiJ0L7YmY

Ghazi
04-16-2009, 02:41 AM
It would not make sense for either team.

freemeat
04-16-2009, 04:53 AM
Seriously?

For the Suns: Re-unite Nash and Dirk and get Shaq (Cuban's dream) -- plus your lottery pick and whomever...

For the Mavs: Kidd, Amare, Terry, Howard: Seems like Kidd's twilight "dream" to have an outside line-up like that and an inside man who can finish....

Tell me how EITHER team could NOT get better from the trade...

mojorizen7
04-16-2009, 04:59 AM
Fuck no.
Gimme Cuban for Amare and Kerr and we'll talk.

Bob Lanier
04-16-2009, 05:41 AM
Nowitzki is simply a better player than Stoudemire. The Mavericks would not benefit - Jason Kidd might, but who gives a fuck about Jason Kidd?

Sportstudi
04-16-2009, 06:09 AM
This off-season, Mark Cuban has said that Dirk is off limits.

But, if Steve Kerr were to offer Amare for Dirk (which would work under the salary limits), would you like it?

I'm not gonna get into why or why I won't like the deal for either team because I wanna hear Suns and Mavs fans here.

According to ESPN Trade Machine, it's fine...and both players have 3 years left on their deals. In the next three years, if you made the trade, where would you be? Would you like to do it now?

Instead of interjecting, Spurs fans...let's let the Mavs & Suns have this thread:

"Discuss amongst ya selves!":

QqPiJ0L7YmY

Btw, Dirk has two years left, until 2010-11. He will turn 33 in June 2011, but I'm curious how long he will play. He has always said that he doesn't want to play until he's 40. More likely until 35 or 36. That would mean 2 or maiximum 3 years more after 2011.

dirk4mvp
04-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Nowitzki is simply a better player than Stoudemire. The Mavericks would not benefit - Jason Kidd might, but who gives a fuck about Jason Kidd?

The females in your family.

Rogue
04-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Fuck no.
Gimme Cuban for Amare and Kerr and we'll talk.
deal, Kerr is absolutely better than Donnie anyway, and it will also benefit us alot to get rid of Cuban. :bang Never to mention we'll also fix our defect at center spot with amar'e, amare used to play center before shaq came there as far as I know.

pauls931
04-16-2009, 09:08 AM
It might give the suns a short term kick but they give up their inside scoring future since that would just leave shaq to work inside without Diaw. Perhaps a pick could help but kerr would just f' that up like with Lopez. (are we sure brooks is his brother, maybe it's just a freak coincidence they look alike)

However the biggest crime is Kerr putting Porter in a position where the only way to improve the D was to break the offense and he breaks both.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Whoever thinks this makes Dallas a better team needs their head examined.

Dirk gets along with all of his teammates, isn't a great defender but he moves his feet and stays with the guy he's guarding. Amare cannot say the same on either topic. He's either ball hawking or just standing around watching the ball move forgetting that there's a player he's supposed to be guarding.

Amare is also one of the most narcissistic players in the NBA who is never hesitant to blame a teammate publicly and also thinks that since he can score 25 a game he's allowed to let the guy he's guarding score 24 and grab 7 offensive rebounds. That coupled with the way Amare never thinks he does anything wrong and that his teammates are the ones that always fuck up creates some locker room problems.

He is extremely hard to play with on the court. If anyone noticed once he got injured the bench players like Dudley, Amundson, and Dragic played with a lot more confidence. Whenever he's been healthy the Suns have been incapable of bench development. The year their bench played the biggest role was the year Amare was injured.

Dirk turns 31 in June and Amare turns 27 in November. Yeah, that's a noticeable age difference but some of the Amare homers talk about him like he's a 22 year old 2nd year player who still has so much time to learn how to act like an adult. When you hear an Amare fan say, "I know (insert retarded Amare decision here) was dumb of Amare to do, but he's still young," they don't know what they're talking about cause Amare is 26.

Amare has also has 3 knee surgeries and currently has a career threatening eye injury. Dirk's body has taken a beating over the course of his career but he's got no specific injury concern. Amare's game is also extremely dependent on athleticism and youth, while Dirk's game is about polish and is going to weaken with age at a way slower rate than Amare's will. Overall, that 4+ year age difference is extremely misleading.

But most of all, Dirk is just on a different level than Tardemire as a player and as a leader. You can call Dirk a "choker" all you want but he's capable of putting a team on his back and carrying it through a stretch, and he's especially capable of closing games out while Amare disappears in the 4th quarter once the defense tightens up and he has to find a way to score other than on pick and rolls. His one on one offense is non existent.

This trade would be highway robbery for the Suns.

sook
04-16-2009, 03:10 PM
I'd take Amare + Nash for Yao...

Findog
04-16-2009, 03:10 PM
Tell me how EITHER team could NOT get better from the trade...

Because Dirk is so much better than Amare?

lil_penny
04-16-2009, 03:14 PM
I would take dirk over amare.. im sure cuban would also, i dont think this is probable. i think amare and a bosch trade would be nice though

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-16-2009, 03:17 PM
The only cool thing about the trade would be that Amare and Howard would constantly argue over who is the dumbest player on the team.

Kamnik
04-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Dirk >>>> Amare

DPG21920
04-16-2009, 05:53 PM
Please let this trade happen. Suns are screwed anyways and why not let the Mavs fornicate themselves.

Xylus
04-16-2009, 06:08 PM
I would absolutely do this trade in a heartbeat.