PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Intense, Kevin Garnett, Out for the Playoffs

Thunder Dan
04-16-2009, 08:43 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2009/04/rivers_garnett.html

In an interview this morning on Boston sports radio station WEEI, Celtics coach Doc Rivers said it was likely that Kevin Garnett would not be ready to play at all in the playoffs. "After today there's no way he can play," said Rivers, who left open the possibility his star could return at some point in the postseason but was not optimistic.

More on this breaking story in a bit ...

IronMexican
04-16-2009, 08:45 AM
It really wont be the same if some team beats the C's without him.

dirk4mvp
04-16-2009, 08:45 AM
He just doesn't want to get owned by Dirk later on in the po's.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-16-2009, 08:46 AM
This better not be some bullshit attempt to Willis Reed it up.

Thunder Dan

dude, what's with that giant ass in your signature? We are trying to run a classy operation here and everytime you post I get a big zitty ass in my face

sribb43
Why even play the games in the east? just give the Cavs an automatic bid to the finals

sribb43
04-16-2009, 08:47 AM

Probably faking like Paul Pierce

sribb43
04-16-2009, 08:48 AM
dude, what's with that giant ass in your signature? We are trying to run a classy operation here and everytime you post I get a big zitty ass in my face

turn off signatures in your control panel...im at work and cant get caught with stuff like that on my screen:lol

Def Rowe
04-16-2009, 08:48 AM
Hmm... Well.... Cool.

balli
04-16-2009, 08:50 AM
I've spent so much time staring at it, I could draw that ass drunk and in my sleep using my left hand.

Oh... and shitty for KG/BOS. Simmons made an interesting point in his podcast the other day- there's no diagnosis of what's wrong with his knee, they're fucking clueless. He just can't play on it. Which should scare BOS fans for more than this playoff run.

KSeal
04-16-2009, 08:51 AM
Wave goodbye to that 18th banner assholes. Another 22 years of mediocrity is on its way...

resistanze
04-16-2009, 08:51 AM
Laker's title to lose.

Thunder Dan
04-16-2009, 08:52 AM
turn off signatures in your control panel...im at work and cant get caught with stuff like that on my screen:lol

I like most signatures, but that one is gross if nothing else. I love a good ass, but that one is too white and it's just not a good shot of it. I need to see some face to see what we are dealing with. That girl only shows her ass becuase she probably has the face of a young Bea Aurther

turiaf for president
04-16-2009, 08:52 AM

yup agreed. 1st round exit without KG

KSeal
04-16-2009, 08:53 AM
Laker's title to lose.

If they can't win it this year, Kobe should just retire, he'll never recover from losing to LBJ in the finals, never recover.

2Cleva
It smelled like the Bynum situation from the start.

Thunder Dan
It's like I always say, a girl's ass is only good if she has the personality to match.

balli
04-16-2009, 08:54 AM
I need to see some face to see what we are dealing with. That girl only shows her ass becuase she probably has the face of a young Bea Aurther
Good call. Hella grim. (forgive me) http://www.boobs-and-busty.com/galleries/kayla/gnd-kayla-02-nn/kayla-006-005.jpg

Thunder Dan
04-16-2009, 08:56 AM
like that chick has nice tits, but she looks like a man

pauls931
04-16-2009, 09:02 AM
stern just jizzed himself, a Lakers/Cavs finals is now a lock. Sorry, I mean Kobe vs Lebron finals...

lefty
04-16-2009, 09:24 AM
Wow, The Lakers will destroy Cleveland in the Finals....

Vinnie_Johnson
04-16-2009, 09:26 AM
Boston is screwed First Brady now KG next a Red Sox.

lefty
04-16-2009, 09:27 AM
The curse of NBA 2K9

baseline bum
04-16-2009, 09:27 AM
What a fucked up season. Everyone's dropping this year.

Russ
04-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Deja vu 2000?

In 2000, the Lakers won their first NBA title in years after their chief rival (the Spurs, who had manhandled them in the previous year's playoffs) lost its best player. The defending champ Spurs lost Tim Duncan for the playoffs in 2000 after they had swept the Lakers the year before with Duncan. That cleared the way for the Laker title.

Now in '09, the Lakers again haven't won a title in years, but the defending champion team that destroyed them last season just lost its best player for the playoffs. Boston/Garnett. Deja vu for another Lakers title?:depressed

IronMexican
04-16-2009, 09:34 AM
You mean Deja Vu for a 3 peat :)

KSeal
04-16-2009, 09:38 AM
This is Karma from what Paul the flopper Pierce did last year in the finals. That fake knee injury has now become a reality to their best player, too bad.

mytespurs
04-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Wave goodbye to that 18th banner assholes. Another 22 years of mediocrity is on its way...

But....Celtics fan will always have the satisfaction of knowing that they beat the Lakers to win banner #17! :downspin:

KSeal
04-16-2009, 11:10 AM
But....Celtics fan will always have the satisfaction of knowing that they beat the Lakers to win banner #17! :downspin:

It shouldn't be that satisfying, if the Lakers were fully healthy the outcome would have been much different.

Trainwreck2100
04-16-2009, 11:13 AM
they knew all along he wouldn't play and kept that shit secret to sell playoff tickets

Indazone
04-16-2009, 11:56 AM

Why you got your hormones in a tizzy?

Jacob1983
04-16-2009, 12:10 PM
It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I can't wait to see the faces of the bandwagon Celtics fans when they get bounced in the first round by the Bulls. Is it possible to say that the Cavs have one of the easiest paths in NBA playoff history to the Finals?

KSeal
04-16-2009, 12:15 PM
It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I can't wait to see the faces of the bandwagon Celtics fans when they get bounced in the first round by the Bulls. Is it possible to say that the Cavs have one of the easiest paths in NBA playoff history to the Finals?

Magic play the Cavs very tough, remember the 40 point blowout a few weeks ago. The Magic will make it a series.

mytespurs
04-16-2009, 12:27 PM
It shouldn't be that satisfying, if the Lakers were fully healthy the outcome would have been much different.

Lakers even at less than full strength had their chances in this series.

Bottom line for Celtic fans is that their team won the NBA crown last year.

It looks as if the Lakers won't have the chance to return the favor to the Celtics especially with Garnett out.

DrHouse
04-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Lakers even at less than full strength had their chances in this series.

Bottom line for Celtic fans is that their team won the NBA crown last year.

It looks as if the Lakers won't have the chance to return the favor to the Celtics especially with Garnett out.

The Celtics won against a Laker team that did not have Trevor Ariza or Bynum able to play. I hope by now I don't have to explain to you the importance of both of those players, especially defensively. Would you rather have Radmanovich or Ariza guarding Pierce?

It's not even close to the same team they would play now if they made it to the Finals again.

bostonguy
04-16-2009, 12:42 PM
:depressed:depressed

I had a feeling deep down inside that this would happen. KG being held out this long just made this news inevitable. This fucking sucks. I would rather lose with everybody than have this shit happen.

bostonguy
04-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Lakers have no reason to not win the championship now. Boston was the team that stood the best chance at giving them a fight but now that isnt happening.

j.dizzle
04-16-2009, 01:03 PM
The Celtics won against a Laker team that did not have Trevor Ariza or Bynum able to play. I hope by now I don't have to explain to you the importance of both of those players, especially defensively. Would you rather have Radmanovich or Ariza guarding Pierce?

It's not even close to the same team they would play now if they made it to the Finals again.

:lol Ppl still think that Bynum & Ariza wouldnt have made a difference. Ariza is one of LA's best defenders & slashers. Bynum is just a beast when hes healthy. He's averaging like 17 pts a game in his first 4 games back. I've seen soooo many altered shots in the last 4 games just by having him controlling the paint. Sucks for KG though. I still think Orlando has a better chance upsetting the cavs then boston. Cleveland matches up really bad with orlando

mytespurs
04-16-2009, 01:06 PM

Yes I understand that. I was just saying the lakers were somewhat competitive in the even w/o those guys. If I recall correctly, they were ahead in one of those games at home by 24 points before they blew the lead.

Boston fans could make the same argument (sans Garnett) if these two teams met again and the Lakers prevailed.

mytespurs
04-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Yes I understand that. I was just saying the lakers managed to stay somewhat competitive in the even w/o those guys; I don't think they would've won the series. If I recall correctly, they were ahead in one of those games at home by 24 points before they blew the lead.

I guess Boston fans could make the same argument (sans Garnett) if these two teams met again and the Lakers prevailed.

And I'm fully aware the Lakers had a 2-0 record against the Celtics this years.

j.dizzle
04-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Yes I understand that. I was just saying the lakers were somewhat competitive in the even w/o those guys. If I recall correctly, they were ahead in one of those games at home by 24 points before they blew the lead.

Boston fans could make the same argument (sans Garnett) if these two teams met again and the Lakers prevailed.

Haha dont remind me. That game still pisses me off :lol If Bynum was healthy then Pierce & Allen wouldnt of had a layup drill in that series, especially that game 4 your talkin about.

j.dizzle
04-16-2009, 01:11 PM
Thats how boston is without KG. He's their defensive anchor. Boston is giving up like 10 more points a game without him.

bostonguy
04-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Thats how boston is without KG. He's their defensive anchor. Boston is giving up like 10 more points a game without him.

KG may be a pussy by picking on soft pgs, he may not be a clutch player on the offensive end, but he is a side kick and the heart and soul of this team defensively. The KG trade is what made the celts elites. Now we are back as an average team. :fishing

crc21209
04-16-2009, 01:21 PM
WOW that really sucks for the C's. Now with the young Bulls in Rose, Gordon, Noah, and Salmons coming at em...will they even be able to take them out?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Deja vu 2000?

In 2000, the Lakers won their first NBA title in years after their chief rival (the Spurs, who had manhandled them in the previous year's playoffs) lost its best player. The defending champ Spurs lost Tim Duncan for the playoffs in 2000 after they had swept the Lakers the year before with Duncan. That cleared the way for the Laker title.

:lmao

Even the Suns were able to take advantage of that injury.

lil_penny
04-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Bye Bye celtics

JoeTait75
04-16-2009, 02:39 PM
I think Boston could still get all the way to the ECF even without KG. They can beat Orlando without him IMO, especially since Orlando is a little beat-up themselves.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-16-2009, 03:18 PM
This is Karma from what Paul the flopper Pierce did last year in the finals. That fake knee injury has now become a reality to their best player, too bad.

I still don't understand why Pierce would fake that injury. I don't understand what he had to gain from doing that.

Jacob1983
04-16-2009, 09:36 PM
What does it say about KG's reputation and legacy when he had to have Ray Allen and Pau Pierce on his team to win a championship?

lefty
04-16-2009, 09:38 PM
That's what you get for picking on smaller/euro players :lmao

cobbler
04-16-2009, 10:04 PM
stern just jizzed himself, a Lakers/Cavs finals is now a lock. Sorry, I mean Kobe vs Lebron finals...

WoW... A suns fan with a Sterns reference. How unique.

braeden0613
04-16-2009, 11:34 PM
I can already see KG walking into the arena with his arms up yelling at whatever voices are in his head :bang

Mark Jackson
04-16-2009, 11:40 PM
Are the Celtics a different team without Kevin Garnett? You better believe it.

However, they are the defending champions who have persevered all season. I look for players like veteran Brian Scalabrine to step it up in the playoffs.

KSeal
04-17-2009, 02:22 AM
Are the Celtics a different team without Kevin Garnett? You better believe it.

However, they are the defending champions who have persevered all season. I look for players like veteran Brian Scalabrine to step it up in the playoffs.

:lmao Scalabrine? You can't be serious.