PDA

View Full Version : My wife watched the Spurs for the 1st time

Frenzy
04-16-2009, 10:02 AM
I keep telling her for a few weeks don't bother me in the next few weeks i'll be watching the play offs. She was ok with it she knows i love the spurs. However she is a fan of the team sorta speak she never really watched them. She had not watched them since last season. Yesterday i was like i cant go to my Sisters they don't got cable and i need to watch this game against the hornets. She was like ok...but i'm watching american idol it's on at 8pm same time as your game :depressed

Thank god we have two tvs :lol

so anyway i was watching the game and as you know thoese who watched it it was a very close game. Especially at the end. So after her idol :rolleyes she comes in during the 4th quarter. I she was walking around the room moving stuff her and there and noticed i has like screaming at the spurs falling behind late in the 4th. She then started to watch it with me. I was explaing the jist of the game and how important it was they get this 3rd seed. How important the rockets lose. She was like well why does it matter if rockets lose the spurs should win..right? I was trying to explain in between yells. So as the final minutes came down i could tell she was getting into it...getting upset at the missed shots..etc. Then it came down to the last shot....mason duncan screen....passes it to Finely for 3! yes omg omg! he hits it!!! we screamed our lungs out in disbelief. :flag:

She was like omg that was amazing...i was like i know i know now it's over time. She stayed to watch the rest of overtime to watch duncan turn into the young duncan....n was like wow... this game is awesome.

After she said "my heart... is pumping... are all the games like this?"

I said i hope not.... cause i'd be dead by now"

sananspursfan21
04-16-2009, 10:05 AM
good, similar thing happened to me. my fiancee's first spurs game was against phoenix in the playoffs last year. the one where timmy hit the miraculous three. it's great when they're first impression of the team is that they win games no matter how it comes

TDomination
04-16-2009, 10:05 AM
haha, awesome.

she needs to watch the playoff games.

Frenzy
04-16-2009, 10:09 AM
haha, awesome.

hopefully...

but american idol had like 2 or 3 more weeks :bang

Rogue
04-16-2009, 10:12 AM
haha, awesome.

he should get a camara prepared, to take photos of his wife moving to tears after the spurs lose game 6 or 7 and get wiped out of the first round. Spurs are a respectable and honorable team, our boys in blue will pick up spurs stick and finish perfectly the mission that the spurs wished to fulfill yet failed... Fing T L in the WCF and win the championship in the finals, it'll only be our second championship though.

TheDarkSide.
04-16-2009, 10:14 AM
my chick does that too but she only watches the 4th quarter of important games haha.

sananspursfan21
04-16-2009, 10:16 AM
he should get a camara prepared, to take photos of his wife moving to tears after the spurs lose game 6 or 7 and get wiped out of the first round. Spurs are a respectable and honorable team, our boys in blue will pick up spurs stick and finish perfectly the mission that the spurs wished to fulfill yet failed... Fing T L in the WCF and win the championship in the finals, it'll only be our second championship though.

haha......... not funny

Spursmania
04-16-2009, 10:16 AM
My spouse and I were at the game last night. With 47 seconds left I was bummed. I thought we had lost, we were down by 5 I believe. I was like shit, we could have won. My spouse was like hold up there's time left on the clock.

And, before you know it, we had 7.2 seconds left and with Posey's missed free throw a chance to tie the game. My spouse was like they can do this, all they need is a 3. They can do this!

And, WTF, Findog hits the biggest 3 of the season!! We were screaming our asses off. No voice left. The crowd went crazy, it was truly magical. The Spurs went on to kick some ass in OT, they probably felt the intense energy from the crowd which helped elevate their game, especially Timmy's. Wow-what a game and a great experience for us Spurs fans. This is what it's all about, moments like that, unbelievable.

:flag::flag:

Bender
04-16-2009, 10:21 AM
my wife is the same way. she banishes me to a TV upstairs to watch spurs games... while she watches CSI or dancing with the stars or some such...

but if she happens to be watching a close game, she stays on it, and starts screaming and cheering, and cussing....

NRHector
04-16-2009, 10:57 AM
well hell, I took my daugther to the game last night and had to explain to her a few things about the game and at the end of the 4th quarter she was already screaming for the Spurs.

Frenzy
04-16-2009, 11:17 AM
that's a good daughter...i have a son you know.. and well. lol jk

Spursmania
04-16-2009, 11:24 AM
well hell, I took my daugther to the game last night and had to explain to her a few things about the game and at the end of the 4th quarter she was already screaming for the Spurs.

That was cool of you.:toast

NRHector
04-16-2009, 11:44 AM
that's a good daughter...i have a son you know.. and well. lol jk
:lol

NRHector
04-16-2009, 11:45 AM
That was cool of you.:toastone more Spurs fan

Summers
04-16-2009, 11:45 AM
My husband couldn't handle it. He went to bed early. :lol

And btw, y'all need digital, so you can record AI while watching the game. Duh! :)

Frenzy
04-16-2009, 11:52 AM
My husband couldn't handle it. He went to bed early. :lol

And btw, y'all need digital, so you can record AI while watching the game. Duh! :)
we like watching things as live as possible :king

BlackSwordsMan
04-16-2009, 11:53 AM
I keep telling her for a few weeks don't bother me in the next few weeks i'll be watching the play offs. She was ok with it she knows i love the spurs. However she is a fan of the team sorta speak she never really watched them. She had not watched them since last season. Yesterday i was like i cant go to my Sisters they don't got cable and i need to watch this game against the hornets. She was like ok...but i'm watching american idol it's on at 8pm same time as your game :depressed

so anyway i was watching the game and as you know thoese who watched it it was a very close game. Especially at the end. So after her idol :rolleyes she comes in during the 4th quarter. I she was walking around the room moving stuff her and there and noticed i has like screaming at the spurs falling behind late in the 4th. She then started to watch it with me. I was explaing the jist of the game and how important it was they get this 3rd seed. How important the rockets lose. She was like well why does it matter if rockets lose the spurs should win..right? I was trying to explain in between yells. So as the final minutes came down i could tell she was getting into it...getting upset at the missed shots..etc. Then it came down to the last shot....mason duncan screen....passes it to Finely for 3! yes omg omg! he hits it!!! we screamed our lungs out in disbelief. :flag:

She was like omg that was amazing...i was like i know i know now it's over time. She stayed to watch the rest of overtime to watch duncan turn into the young duncan....n was like wow... this game is awesome.

did you guys fuck after the win

ehz33satx
04-16-2009, 12:18 PM

So let me get this straight, your Mavericks got swept in your season's series with Denver. San Antonio Spurs own Denver, always have. Yet the Mavs are going to lay waste to the Spurs this series? Maybe not so fast little buddy. Don't discount the Spurs just yet. Who do you have that can stop Tim Duncan or even Drew Gooden?

Morg1411
04-16-2009, 12:32 PM
My son is a huge Spurs fan. My daughter will watch and cheer them, as well, even though for some fucked up reason she's a Knicks fan. :bang

ohmwrecker
04-16-2009, 12:42 PM
That was so hard to read. It was like one huge run on sentence with a ton of spelling and grammatical errors. Maybe writing isn't for you. Does anyone go over their comments before they post them?

Laker Lanny
04-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Did she have a good seat?

:lmao

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/RTM-3/dut.jpg

crc21209
04-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Ever since I got with my girlfriend, shes watched almost every game with me and it's great because she gets into the game just as much as I do. :tu

robino2001
04-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Phoenix Game 1 with the wife last year was the absolute nail in the coffin to allow me to continue getting season tickets every year... walking out of the area, she just said "alright, that's worth it all"

Spur|n|Austin
04-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Did she have a good seat?

:lmao

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/RTM-3/dut.jpg

I'm just curious, what race are you? You look a little like a mutt, ok a lot like a mutt.

hater
04-16-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm just curious, what race are you? You look a little like a mutt, ok a lot like a mutt.

I thought Adolf Hitler had been banned from Spurstalk. but here he is again with another screen name

hater
04-16-2009, 01:03 PM
I remember watching the Spurs Mavs game 7 with my girl. goddam I thought we had that game won. my girl couln't beleive the heartbreak

she was like... wait, the spurs lost?

:pctoss

celldweller
04-16-2009, 01:06 PM

Awesome story. That's my married life in a nut shell. :lol
I want so much for my wife to be a fan, but not at the expense of asking me 20 million question during crunch time!

Laker Lanny
04-16-2009, 01:09 PM
my wife asking me 20 million question during crunch time!

You let her talk during sex?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/RTM-3/mex.gif

Morg1411
04-16-2009, 01:12 PM

This lame ass insult brought to you by a true virgin.

celldweller
04-16-2009, 01:12 PM

No, but your mom does!

France B-boy
04-16-2009, 01:15 PM
No, but your mom does!

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/RTM-3/ownage1.jpg

dmac
04-16-2009, 02:28 PM
My spouse and I were at the game last night. With 47 seconds left I was bummed. I thought we had lost, we were down by 5 I believe. I was like shit, we could have won. My spouse was like hold up there's time left on the clock.

And, before you know it, we had 7.2 seconds left and with Posey's missed free throw a chance to tie the game. My spouse was like they can do this, all they need is a 3. They can do this!

And, WTF, Findog hits the biggest 3 of the season!! We were screaming our asses off. No voice left. The crowd went crazy, it was truly magical. The Spurs went on to kick some ass in OT, they probably felt the intense energy from the crowd which helped elevate their game, especially Timmy's. Wow-what a game and a great experience for us Spurs fans. This is what it's all about, moments like that, unbelievable.

:flag::flag:

Watching on TV, it seemed like it was pretty loud.

Frenzy
04-16-2009, 04:22 PM
did you guys fuck after the win

lol yes :hat

spursfan1000
04-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Good story, I wish my girlfriend was interested in the Spurs (even though I make her wear Spurs jerseys.

Bukefal
04-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Nice!!! I love it when women watch and love basketball. Watching a game together is cool! My fiancee is getting to like basketball recently also, she got interest for the game, asks me about the spurs and playoffs all the time, she started watching games with me, we went to a basketball tournament together and I even got her to wear my spurs jersey!

Anyway, I really like how she got interest in basketball lately, and I hope she continues to do so.

Bukefal
04-16-2009, 05:10 PM

He's a Bastard