PDA

View Full Version : GodF-ingDammit I have to get out of here.

BacktoBasics
04-16-2009, 10:15 AM
I can NOT spend my entire life working for people who are beneath me. Not beneath me in a pretentious "I'm better than you way" but beneath me in a "you're an incapable buffoon running your company like shit" way. So fucking indecisive and unprepared for anything. They're here to film a commercial for our summer advertising and he hasn't got a fucking clue as to what he wants to promote, film or say. HE'S FUCKING ASKING THE CHANNEL REP WHAT SHE THINKS WE SHOULD PROMOTE :rolleyes fuck :rolleyes can't be fucking serious :rolleyes I cannot push the fucking :rolleyes hard enough. Idiots. Fucking worthless fuck can't figure out how to promote his company. Not only that he's in there discussing pricing and time slots and twice he's agreed to pricing that's way more than what they discussed on the phone. I have the current promo pricing that she faxed over yesterday and its so far off its insane. A FUCKING SALESMAN CAN'T NEGOTIATE HIS ADVERTISING. WHAT. THE. FUCK. God dammit I hate these fucking people. This place FUCKING SUCKS. I hate inefficiency. I hate people taking their businesses for granted. I cannot stand to see the fucking deer in the headlights face any longer.

JoeChalupa
04-16-2009, 10:18 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/clintsquint/albundygif.gif

to21
04-16-2009, 10:18 AM
You and me both bro....

I took a pay cut to go into another department. The guy that I worked for was a dumb fuck who had no business being a manager. During my exit interview he asked what would I do if I was running things.....I told him either fire him or send him to Supervisor school.

Him: "They have that?"
Me: "Yeah, you should look into that."

SpursStalker
04-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Take a deep breath B2B ...

clambake
04-16-2009, 10:20 AM
good thing you don't work at a post office.

JoeChalupa
04-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Take a deep breath B2B ...

and exhale.

SpursStalker
04-16-2009, 10:23 AM
and exhale.

Oh yea, forgot that part ... thanks Joe!!

:lol

Bigzax
04-16-2009, 10:28 AM
and you wanna be our life coach...

BacktoBasics
04-16-2009, 10:29 AM
I hear him reading from the card right now. We've decided to promote product we don't have in stock. OUTFUCKINGSTANDING.

BacktoBasics
04-16-2009, 10:30 AM
and you wanna be our life coach...Am I the one making the fucking poor decisions in this thread?

Answer: NO

The Meltdown
04-16-2009, 10:30 AM
This guy is as regular as Al Bundy.

Bigzax
04-16-2009, 10:31 AM
how about a suggestion box at work?

JudynTX
04-16-2009, 10:31 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/clintsquint/albundygif.gif

I saved that :lol

B2B.........go out back, smoke a joint, and you'll handle the situation differently. :hat

Trainwreck2100
04-16-2009, 10:33 AM
that's sad B2B. I shall pray for you

BacktoBasics
how about a suggestion box at work?Got something around this size.

Richard Cranium
B2B at work.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadgetmobile.com/media/2008/04/4-27-08-eavesdropping.jpg

mrsmaalox
04-16-2009, 10:34 AM
B2B at work.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadgetmobile.com/media/2008/04/4-27-08-eavesdropping.jpg

:lmao

BacktoBasics
04-16-2009, 10:37 AM
B2B at work.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadgetmobile.com/media/2008/04/4-27-08-eavesdropping.jpg:lmao

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-16-2009, 10:42 AM
How hard can it be:

"SALE! SALE! SALE! All generators...err trailers...err generators are on sale!!" "Get your ass down to Billy Bob's Trailer Depot...NOW NOW NOW!!! Deals won't last long, so HURRY HURRY HURRY!!!" "Habla espanol."

BacktoBasics
04-16-2009, 10:45 AM
How hard can it be:

"SALE! SALE! SALE! All generators...err trailers...err generators are on sale!!" "Get your ass down to Billy Bob's Trailer Depot...NOW NOW NOW!!! Deals won't last long, so HURRY HURRY HURRY!!!" "Habla espanol."No shit. Instead he decided to promote a special we ran last year. It was in fact a great special however we don't have the inventory to back up the promotion. There are also major uncertainties as to whether or not we can even get that product again. I feel like its a waste of money if you can't back it up. I understand that asses in the door is asses in the door but at least target something we can actually move.

I'll be spending the next 5 months finding excuses as to why we don't have what we advertised.

JoeChalupa
04-16-2009, 10:46 AM
How hard can it be:

"SALE! SALE! SALE! All generators...err trailers...err generators are on sale!!" "Get your ass down to Billy Bob's Trailer Depot...NOW NOW NOW!!! Deals won't last long, so HURRY HURRY HURRY!!!" "Habla espanol."

Call Billy Mays or the shamwow dude.

BacktoBasics
04-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Call Billy Mays or the shamwow dude.Vince could sell condoms to sterile dudes. He's a fucking magician.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-16-2009, 10:50 AM
I'll be spending the next 5 months finding excuses as to why we don't have what we advertised.

"My boss here is actually a homeless retarded gentleman that the owner put in charge of the store after losing a bet he made while high on PCP. As such the promotion in the commercial wasn't really factual, and chances are he had no idea what he was saying. Can I interest you in something else?"

Problem solved.

mrsmaalox
04-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Or just put boobs in a tight top! They'll do the work for you :D

Mixability
04-16-2009, 02:23 PM
well, i know who NOT to buy from if I'm ever in the market for a trailer.

RandomGuy
04-16-2009, 02:25 PM
I can NOT spend my entire life working for people who are beneath me. Not beneath me in a pretentious "I'm better than you way" but beneath me in a "you're an incapable buffoon running your company like shit" way. So fucking indecisive and unprepared for anything. They're here to film a commercial for our summer advertising and he hasn't got a fucking clue as to what he wants to promote, film or say. HE'S FUCKING ASKING THE CHANNEL REP WHAT SHE THINKS WE SHOULD PROMOTE :rolleyes fuck :rolleyes can't be fucking serious :rolleyes I cannot push the fucking :rolleyes hard enough. Idiots. Fucking worthless fuck can't figure out how to promote his company. Not only that he's in there discussing pricing and time slots and twice he's agreed to pricing that's way more than what they discussed on the phone. I have the current promo pricing that she faxed over yesterday and its so far off its insane. A FUCKING SALESMAN CAN'T NEGOTIATE HIS ADVERTISING. WHAT. THE. FUCK. God dammit I hate these fucking people. This place FUCKING SUCKS. I hate inefficiency. I hate people taking their businesses for granted. I cannot stand to see the fucking deer in the headlights face any longer.

Not altogethe uncommon.

I have said the following more than once, but this is simply another example that reinforces my analysis of many small businesses.

Running a business requires two skill sets.
1) Knowledge of the product/service

and

2) Knowldeg of the business process.

Most small businesses fail because of a lack of the second skill, and this lack of business process skill is what your boss is evidencing.

A baker might be able to make the best cake in the world, but if he can't balance his checkbook, or sell things for the right price where he can make a profit, or be able to pay his taxes, he will go out of business anyways.

You should consider striking out on your own.

BacktoBasics
04-16-2009, 02:34 PM
well, i know who NOT to buy from if I'm ever in the market for a trailer.Just because they run things like morons doesn't mean I couldn't get you a smokin deal.

You should consider striking out on your own.It consumes me. I think about it 90% of the day. Its such a giant leap if you don't already have the disposable capital to just "make a move". I constantly titter the fine line of being smart and careful and possibly being overly cautious.

RandomGuy
04-16-2009, 03:23 PM
It consumes me. I think about it 90% of the day. Its such a giant leap if you don't already have the disposable capital to just "make a move". I constantly titter the fine line of being smart and careful and possibly being overly cautious.

Save your duckets :bling, get some biz-school :reading, learn how to write a business-plan :wakeup, and then go get a loan to start up, or go to the small business association. :hungry:

Start with the goal, and some time period, say, 5 years, and work your way backwards with the steps required.

If your boss is that much of a dumb-ass :loser and still making money, the chances are that the particular market for what you sell is good enough to support a poorly-run, inefficient business.

Become his well-run competitor, and eat his lunch. :pimpslap If he is still a dumb-ass, then driving him into the ground will be all the sweeter. :deadhorse

mmmm capitalism. :greedy

BacktoBasics
04-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Save your duckets :bling, get some biz-school :reading, learn how to write a business-plan :wakeup, and then go get a loan to start up, or go to the small business association. :hungry:

Start with the goal, and some time period, say, 5 years, and work your way backwards with the steps required.

If your boss is that much of a dumb-ass :loser and still making money, the chances are that the particular market for what you sell is good enough to support a poorly-run, inefficient business.

Become his well-run competitor, and eat his lunch. :pimpslap If he is still a dumb-ass, then driving him into the ground will be all the sweeter. :deadhorse

mmmm capitalism. :greedyAs much as I would love to compete against my current employer the dollar amount required for start up is far to big (300kish). Sure you could get loans and such but that would create an unmanagable overhead. Too risky.

When the time is right I'll expand our cleaning company and go hands on. Its a reasonably affordable project.

RandomGuy
04-17-2009, 02:51 PM
As much as I would love to compete against my current employer the dollar amount required for start up is far to big (300kish). Sure you could get loans and such but that would create an unmanagable overhead. Too risky.

When the time is right I'll expand our cleaning company and go hands on. Its a reasonably affordable project.

Small business loans and grants can do wonders.

If he is a dumbass, you can run him into the ground, and easily pay off the note.

High risk, high reward. Whether or not the loans create an "unmanageable" overhead depends greatly on many factors.

As I said before, if the guy is running his busines that poorly it means that the market is good enough to allow for a poorly run business, and probably has at least room enough for a small competitor.

Personally, I'm not much of a sales guy, but if you were to look into it seriously, I would be happy to give you some of my time for free (Ok maybe some beer or something) to crunch the numbers and see if it would be feasible. You wouldn't have to commit anything other than your time to gather data.

The risk to you would be practically nil for that. The potential gain would be that if it was feasible, you could clean up and be your own boss.

Nothing says you can't put together a business plan, and at least talk to a loan officer to figure out if it is worth it.

BacktoBasics
04-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Small business loans and grants can do wonders.

If he is a dumbass, you can run him into the ground, and easily pay off the note.

High risk, high reward. Whether or not the loans create an "unmanageable" overhead depends greatly on many factors.

As I said before, if the guy is running his busines that poorly it means that the market is good enough to allow for a poorly run business, and probably has at least room enough for a small competitor.

Personally, I'm not much of a sales guy, but if you were to look into it seriously, I would be happy to give you some of my time for free (Ok maybe some beer or something) to crunch the numbers and see if it would be feasible. You wouldn't have to commit anything other than your time to gather data.

The risk to you would be practically nil for that. The potential gain would be that if it was feasible, you could clean up and be your own boss.

Nothing says you can't put together a business plan, and at least talk to a loan officer to figure out if it is worth it.
I appreciate the offer. I've actually kept my eyes peeled for someone who's well versed in writing business plans. Haven't found many places who offer that simple service.

As far as a dealership is concerned. I've put the numbers together, albeit roughly, and compared the start up expense to the multitude of loan notes available (including SBA). Then compared them to what I feel an entry level startup company could pull off numbers wise in a market like mine.

I think it could be done or potentially done however most SBA type loans are distributed in sections or staggered vs. a traditional one time deposit. 99% of the potential banks I explored for start up require one or both of these elements.

1. Existing profitable business (expansion).

2. Start up equity.

Number 2 is the hitch because 3 out of 4 require 25%-35%. So 75k -100k of my own monies to get a 300k type loan. Not to mention that no matter how brilliant the business plan is most banks aren't willing to just hand over that large a sum of money. See stipulation 1.

Even at a manageable 5-10% investment the interest rate drives the note up exponentially. Its just too far out of range. It'd be a fun ride though.

I really think the odds of me expanding the wife's business is far more likely to happen. 30k-40k range. The investment is manageable and I spent 7 years doing carpet sales, tiles and flood restoration along with carpet cleaning. Its labor intensive but profitable. Don't get me wrong though I'd rather deal in the millions than the hundred thousands. I just have to be realistic.

Grants are a different ball game. I've explored this in a number of directions but inevitably hit a dead end road.

2Blonde
04-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Or just put boobs in a tight top! They'll do the work for you :D

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f28/chren143/manboobs.jpg

I don't know... Maybe it's just me, but I'm thinking you should probably be a little more specific...:toast

How about:
Or just put a female with big boobs in a tight top! They'll do the work for you :D

BacktoBasics
04-17-2009, 04:05 PM
::disturbing::

SpursWoman
04-17-2009, 04:08 PM
WTF is up with that bra? :wtf :lol

CuckingFunt
04-17-2009, 04:09 PM
WTF is up with that bra? :wtf :lol

I wondered that myself.

mrsmaalox
04-17-2009, 04:10 PM
I don't know... Maybe it's just me, but I'm thinking you should probably be a little more specific...:toast

How about:
Ohh right, my bad :oops

Solid D
04-17-2009, 11:19 PM
The only way you will be out from under people who are "beneath you" is to work for yourself. If you fail or if you succeed, from a non-spiritual perspective, it's all on you.

From a spiritual perspective, it's not all on you.

J.T.
04-18-2009, 12:23 AM
B2B, meet me in the old Albertson's parking lot in 30 minutes with $25. I just got a shipment of this stuff that will take all of your troubles away for like eight or nine solid hours on just one hit.

marini martini
04-18-2009, 12:24 AM
B2B, meet me in the old Albertson's parking lot in 30 minutes with $25. I just got a shipment of this stuff that will take all of your troubles away for like eight or nine solid hours on just one hit.

Luv it!!!!:toast

:lmao:lmao:lmao

RandomGuy
04-18-2009, 08:33 AM
I appreciate the offer. I've actually kept my eyes peeled for someone who's well versed in writing business plans. Haven't found many places who offer that simple service.

As far as a dealership is concerned. I've put the numbers together, albeit roughly, and compared the start up expense to the multitude of loan notes available (including SBA). Then compared them to what I feel an entry level startup company could pull off numbers wise in a market like mine.

I think it could be done or potentially done however most SBA type loans are distributed in sections or staggered vs. a traditional one time deposit. 99% of the potential banks I explored for start up require one or both of these elements.

1. Existing profitable business (expansion).

2. Start up equity.

Number 2 is the hitch because 3 out of 4 require 25%-35%. So 75k -100k of my own monies to get a 300k type loan. Not to mention that no matter how brilliant the business plan is most banks aren't willing to just hand over that large a sum of money. See stipulation 1.

Even at a manageable 5-10% investment the interest rate drives the note up exponentially. Its just too far out of range. It'd be a fun ride though.

I really think the odds of me expanding the wife's business is far more likely to happen. 30k-40k range. The investment is manageable and I spent 7 years doing carpet sales, tiles and flood restoration along with carpet cleaning. Its labor intensive but profitable. Don't get me wrong though I'd rather deal in the millions than the hundred thousands. I just have to be realistic.

Grants are a different ball game. I've explored this in a number of directions but inevitably hit a dead end road.

A good business plan is essentially composed of a few things:

Marketing 101
Accounting 101
Finance 101

You can buy books on it that will give you a good guide.

Try Book People in Austin.

Having read through a few of them, and having taken enough business courses, I can tell you that it isn't as hard as it seems.

BacktoBasics
04-18-2009, 08:53 AM
A good business plan is essentially composed of a few things:

Marketing 101
Accounting 101
Finance 101

You can buy books on it that will give you a good guide.

Try Book People in Austin.

Having read through a few of them, and having taken enough business courses, I can tell you that it isn't as hard as it seems.I've written a few skeleton business reports in HS and College...nothing spectacular. So I have a basis. Thanks for the tip.